I have been browsing around your roleplay sections I noticed there are threads in which people's ons and offs are listed. Now while this is great and I know this place isn't  just for roleplay; I was wondering if you had considered creating a kink list of sorts for people to put on their profiles?

Something like this for example:

(Images are pretty big!)

nOzmimh.jpg

fH2RJQb.jpg

The above is taken from a site that I used to rp on and I apologise if anything listed offends or upsets anyone. 

How it works on that site is that you are allowed up to a certain amount of character profiles and after that you then have to pay for premium membership to get more. The premium membership also pays for advertisements so people can see the type of roleplay you are after and all that lovely stuff. The roleplays take place either in different chatrooms they have, on their forums, by notes or other methods outside. 

If you have any other questions about it that aren't made clear in the pictures I will be more than happy to answer.

But yeah. That is my suggestion. Maybe something like that?
  • Like 2

• Community Administrator

Actually... It's a damn good suggestion (In my personal opinion). We currently have something similar already; but it's more "Hentai" niches rather than anything else and it's a very limited list that doesn't allow you to add your own fetishes/likes/niches too; which has always been the limitation of what we are able to do.

I will have to review how to implement something like this. But I am saying right now that we're not going to outright copy them or anything like that. We wouldn't like it done to us; so we're not going to do it to other people. I reckon it's possible. But not something that can be implemented easily. For now I'd advise using the character ID (First page) to say what you will/won't do.

That said both Neppy and I are re-learning how to code, how to write optimised code and Invision Power Services code. So we could probably implement it as a feature in the User Profile in the future; but it's not something we can implement this year. (And I don't know about next year)

I will keep you informed if you like; of course I'd be interested in hearing what other roleplayers think of this too. 

I really like this idea. It can clear up a lot of confusion and state clearly what someone likes and what they don't like. Like Tripp said, we do have a Hentai niche in the profile, but I imagine that's different from the kink list you're suggesting.

Currently, people are only suggested to put a list of what they will and will not do, in terms of roleplaying, in the first post of their Character ID. It isn't something people have to do, but it's suggested so that they can state clearly what they don't like as some people may be asked to do something that makes them uncomfortable which is something we really do not want. Plus that list is in very clear view if you look through someone elses character ID list if you're looking at roleplaying with them.

But I would really like to see this kink list idea put in. Seems like a good idea. Hopefully Tripp and I will be able to come up with something.

• Like 1

Actually... It's a damn good suggestion (In my personal opinion). We currently have something similar already; but it's more "Hentai" niches rather than anything else and it's a very limited list that doesn't allow you to add your own fetishes/likes/niches too; which has always been the limitation of what we are able to do.

I will have to review how to implement something like this. But I am saying right now that we're not going to outright copy them or anything like that. We wouldn't like it done to us; so we're not going to do it to other people. I reckon it's possible. But not something that can be implemented easily. For now I'd advise using the character ID (First page) to say what you will/won't do.

That said both Neppy and I are re-learning how to code, how to write optimised code and Invision Power Services code. So we could probably implement it as a feature in the User Profile in the future; but it's not something we can implement this year. (And I don't know about next year)

I will keep you informed if you like; of course I'd be interested in hearing what other roleplayers think of this too. 

I am glad you both like the idea and hope others do too!

I didn't intend for it to be copied but I figured if I showed you that could possibly make your own version since there are different sites out there that have this type of thing but different variants, like The Rabbit Hole and F-List. 

While I did notice the hentai niche I know that is more of a preference of the type of hentai you like and not what you like to roleplay. It is part of the reason I figured I'd present the idea to you. Perhaps create a data base or something in which you can click "Roleplay preferences" or something like that.

I also thought it would be cool to have an explanation on what different activities and genres that people can have in their roleplays. (As seen in one of the screen caps) 

I am not sure if you have had this problem on this site but all the sites I have visited and played on all ended up in drama because some players did not know how to separate players from characters which didn't end too well. For example:

1) There was this one lady who liked collecting male pets and didn't take too kindly when I started playing one on one with "her" pet, even though I wasn't even playing with the character who was her character's pet. Plus it wasn't even fully sexual. It was just vanilla themed stuff that we all fancy from time to time. However it didn't matter to her. She got jealous of me for some reason and attacked me not just on the forums or in chat but also tried to hack me. I did end up reporting her to her isp and she has been banned from the site where I used to play. But the drama still makes me paranoid when I play.

2) There was this guy who didn't take to kindly to the fact that I had one of my characters have many "relationships" or "owners." Even though I explained they were different realities and cannons so had nothing to do with each other, he still didn't like it and demanded for me to choose him over them. I ended up getting into a big argument with him in which he wasn't too nice about me nor my character. A few days later he came creeping back to me and asked me to make a character just for him. I politely told him where to go...

3) Another time someone outright refused to play with me because I was in a relationship in real life. I was shocked to say the least. Apparently he refuses to roleplay with people who are "mated" because he got into a massive amount of trouble and drama before. To say it was a shame was an understatement but when someone says no to me I will back off.

It is these along with a few other bits which are the reasons of why I no longer roleplay and haven't for a long while. However that does not stop me taking interest in what you have here and feeling like I can give some suggestions. :)

All in all I think one of the major problems on some roleplay sites is not knowing how keep characters and players apart and I guess I kind of hoped that bringing this suggestion here would help stop that if there is that issue here. If not then I am very glad and you would be the first site I have come across in which that isn't an issue. :)

Sorry for the ramble! ;0;

Edited by LazarusLuna
  • Like 2

I understand completely what you mean. Some people do have troubles separating roleplay from reality. Personally, I keep the two very, very separate xD While many of my characters have elements of myself, I don't think of them as me. It sounds like you've had some bad experiences in the past. Really, I can't understand the problems that these other people had with you. I would never see them as a problem. The whole point of rolplaying is to play a role that isn't you. Or am I wrong on this? I don't think I am xD

I also understand what you mean that it would hopefully help people with this problem. It would be very clearly spelt out. Hmm. I should maybe stop thinking about this idea, it makes me want to have that feature implemented asap xD; It would be a lot easier than listing them within the Character ID thread if a member so wished to. 

• Like 1

I understand completely what you mean. Some people do have troubles separating roleplay from reality. Personally, I keep the two very, very separate xD While many of my characters have elements of myself, I don't think of them as me. It sounds like you've had some bad experiences in the past. Really, I can't understand the problems that these other people had with you. I would never see them as a problem. The whole point of rolplaying is to play a role that isn't you. Or am I wrong on this? I don't think I am xD

I also understand what you mean that it would hopefully help people with this problem. It would be very clearly spelt out. Hmm. I should maybe stop thinking about this idea, it makes me want to have that feature implemented asap xD; It would be a lot easier than listing them within the Character ID thread if a member so wished to. 

I am glad someone understands where I am coming from. I am much in the same. I think all good roleplayers have a little of themselves in each character they play. I mean, how else can you write properly? I think on some level you have to think and feel what the character is in order to put things into words. 

I know what you mean about the lists and have spent months touching up a thread on what I do and don't like and all that jazz. Ya know, until I saw these lists I never knew that stuff like it existed nor the proper terms for stuff. I will also say that it took me a good 30 minutes to first fill one out and then after wards I just sat there in awe at the box I had opened. I also wasn't sure what to think at just how much detail I had put in!

If you like I can message you or Tripp or both some more shots just to show you how detailed places can be? :o

• Like 1

... just one small request... make the seach bar (somewhat) predictive when searching for tags to use in there.

What like this?

gallery_1_8_40180.jpg

Yeah we can do that, that's why we want to learn IPS code; to make it literally a part of the site. So it fits in.

• 10 months later...

Assigned to: EcchiDreams "Big Update" v6.6.0
Currently: This module is finishing development and entering a test cycle on the EDC_DEV board. I can confirm this will be a new feature on the next "Big Update". 

Thank you very much for this idea; we've been able to turn it into what's called a "Roleplayers Preferences Directory" something we're somewhat confident that all members will like. We will not outright copy the site mentioned in this; using things we already have available in the Roleplayers Preferences Profile Area and stuff we've had for years to show the implementation of our version and using things that are available to us in IP.Suite 4. It was quite a project but I'm happy to see it coming out of Dev and into Beta.

I realise this might not be perfect straight away, but it's something we think - going forward, that it can be improved over time with valued feedback from our awesome community. ^_^

Edit:

This is an edit; to prevent me from triple posting. I will be making an announcement on this; therefore this thread will be closing - an announcement was posted here.

Edited by Wolfie
added announcement link