Ooc chat for Ark Colonyship

So I was looking around and had a quick question! I saw we have a character that was born on the ARK so how long as the ship been searching for a new home? Follow up question, if it has been at least a couple generations, are there colonists in cryo/hyper sleep for the duration of the journey?

Follow-follow up question (I'm a space nerd, I'm sorry! XD)

If we have cryo-hypersleep staff does that mean the staff have shifts? Like 1 year a group of staff and officers are awake, then they switch out?

If this is a generation Ark, that's fine! I just wanted to make sure my character fits and I didnt say something stupid like he was born on earth when we left earth 200 years ago! XD

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mysthero said:

I just wanted to make sure my character fits and I didnt say something stupid like he was born on earth when we left earth 200 years ago! XD

As someone who wrote in a race of cybernetic slime girls who where born from their planet dying, not fitting and stupid are the name of the game! And even if it was something along the lines of you saying cryo when this was a generation ship for 200 years (its not) you can justify it as being part of a previous plan, and somehow you came out of cryo sleep early, and where not able to be put back. As far as im concerned half of the alien races that have been made so far can be humans with genetic modifications, or robots like my species. So i guess what im trying to say is focus on what sounds cool, and worry about making it fit later

That said im just another player, so thats just my opinion... but as long as your willing to tweak things to make it fit, i dont see why things wouldn't work out in the end.

• Like 2

This might throw a cog in my machine!

I was going to ask our gm about humanity making a race and then basically abandoning them until first contact - which would be a couple of hundred years before these evens. First contact with Animalis Mutatio's would probably be 10 years before the events of this game? 

I dunno though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Starcry said:

This might throw a cog in my machine!

I was going to ask our gm about humanity making a race and then basically abandoning them until first contact - which would be a couple of hundred years before these evens. First contact with Animalis Mutatio's would probably be 10 years before the events of this game? 

I dunno though. 

Maybe base their species on the concept of humanity sending animals to space as tests, but some of those got lost along the way and eventually grew into the Animalis Mutatio the Ark citizens know in present day? It would mean that the race could have been in existence by the time the Ark Ships were made, and probably give you enough wiggle room to adjust things as you need, imo.

• Like 1

The plan was for them to be a project to make humans better in certain military fields but it wasn't producing the results they wanted so they sent all the experiments to a planet. So they left it "in the hands of fate" for if they were to survive. Hundreds of years later Animalis Mutatio sent out a signal into space which showed that they were capable of space travel. 

I could go into more detail buuuut yeah. >.>

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Gardsorm said:

Ooh, I like the sound of that concept. :3 And I like surprises so definitely keep that bit hidden, would make for some interesting discoveries even among some of the humanfolk. =p

Put it this way. Humans end up sorry and a very uneasy alliance exists that has split the population of Animalis Mutatio. Some think that they shouldn't even associate with them and others think that they should give humankind a chance to make up for the wrongs that were done to them.

I have almost finished Isleen now. I just need to put her personality into words. lol

• Woohoo 1

I see topics popping up! 😄 *Uncontrollable jittering*

Actually, I have a question: Approximately how big is the Ark Colonyship? In my mind, I pictured something akin to the gigantic ships from the Macross/Robotech series or Phantasy Star Online 2, where both ships were truly massive enough to house their own inside cities, and in some cases even artificial wilderness (in the case of the former). Would this be the same here?

Edited by Gardsorm
  • Like 1

@DreamsnThings Thank you : )

I'm used on having headers with 300 pixels height picture in posts. I like that this forum isn't as limited as some other places, but I miss headers already. I know there is gallery where I could shove pics, but it helps way more with inspiration if the pic is right there inside the post. It's a shame they have disabled header code on this forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melethron said:

Hello one and all,

My character apps are both done. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I enjoyed creating them.

They looked delightful even when they were works in progress, but now they look plenty more fun. I'm sure they'll be welcome among the ship's residents. ^^

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up