Main OOC Chat

11 minutes ago, Gardsorm said:

I love the sound of the concept, for starters. : ) I don't know how tall your character will wind up being, but based on the kind of description you have for the race, their appearance sounds like it could be quite unique if allowed to run wild with it. 

Canonically, I can see why some people will come to view them as pests or potentially nuisances in the game, but I get the feeling not all of our characters will have the same visceral opinion toward them as others could possibly arrive at. There's a lot of potential to play them up as light-hearted at best or every bit as destructive in the long-run at worst. 

But despite that, my personal opinion is that Archer isn't going to be able to find fault with them and I believe it's because he can be a sucker for cute things with good personality.

to be clear, they are classified as an "invasive species" but thats mostly because they disrupt the ecosystem of any planet they end up on rapidly, they are quite adorable, and are literally made for sex with other species... there are large groups of people, male and female, who try to get their travel restrictions and population control efforts lessened or stopped...

...atleast for the variants that are not war crazed barbarians, or hyper intelligent invaders but those have only shown up a few times... all to often they evolve to attract the opposite sex for the environments apex creatures to get a mate that will protect them, and have children who are on par with the apex preditor

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Gardsorm said:

I don't know how tall your character will wind up being

ah theres the kicker, since my character is playing a species with extreme bio diversity within the race, I have a lot of freedoms in the character herself! personally im thinking still on the short side for the race, but I want her to have 1 or 2 odd evolutions that are rare in the race but would be fun for both the lewd and normal RP... as the person im bouncing idea's off most actively do you have any ideas or requests?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

to be clear, they are classified as an "invasive species" but thats mostly because they disrupt the ecosystem of any planet they end up on rapidly, they are quite adorable, and are literally made for sex with other species... there are large groups of people, male and female, who try to get their travel restrictions and population control efforts lessened or stopped...

...atleast for the variants that are not war crazed barbarians, or hyper intelligent invaders but those have only shown up a few times... all to often they evolve to attract the opposite sex for the environments apex creatures to get a mate that will protect them, and have children who are on par with the apex preditor

If that isn't the most terrifying yet ingenious thing I've heard tonight, I don't know what is. It certainly works, but it's also a 'Holy shit, I can't believe they were smart enough to pull that off!' thing. Also, is Archer gonna have to kick one of these bad ones like a football? Because it's sounding like he's gonna have to do just that. : p 

13 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

ah theres the kicker, since my character is playing a species with extreme bio diversity within the race, I have a lot of freedoms in the character herself! personally im thinking still on the short side for the race, but I want her to have 1 or 2 odd evolutions that are rare in the race but would be fun for both the lewd and normal RP... as the person im bouncing idea's off most actively do you have any ideas or requests?

That's... I honestly have no idea, because I'm usually pretty open about experimenting with weird things, but I'd feel especially bad if I made suggestions that others didn't like, so maybe I shouldn't. ^^; It's ultimately your character and only you can determine how much fun she can be or have with others. But considering fun factor for lewd... I think one of the best places to aim an odd evolution would be her tail. I don't know how, I just feel like sexy factor can be applied to her tail in a myriad of ways that could make playing with partners (single or plural) possible. : )

2 hours ago, Gardsorm said:

If that isn't the most terrifying yet ingenious thing I've heard tonight, I don't know what is. It certainly works, but it's also a 'Holy shit, I can't believe they were smart enough to pull that off!' thing. Also, is Archer gonna have to kick one of these bad ones like a football? Because it's sounding like he's gonna have to do just that. : p 

Im not really sure how many "bad" ones would be on the planet, but im not against an hand full of lopevite npc's being background antagonists that were the reason my tribe had to flee their home world travel embargo be damned

2 hours ago, Gardsorm said:

I think one of the best places to aim an odd evolution would be her tail. I don't know how, I just feel like sexy factor can be applied to her tail in a myriad of ways that could make playing with partners (single or plural) possible. : )

Reaaal cuntsnake from TiTS vibes there lol, maybe not a 1 to 1 ma'gal(?) parasite vagina tail. But some kind of sex oriented tail is certainly possible 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

Im not really sure how many "bad" ones would be on the planet, but im not against an hand full of lopevite npc's being background antagonists that were the reason my tribe had to flee their home world travel embargo be damned

Reaaal cuntsnake from TiTS vibes there lol, maybe not a 1 to 1 ma'gal(?) parasite vagina tail. But some kind of sex oriented tail is certainly possible 

Time will tell to see how opposing forces play out, but they sound like fun! Almost reminds me of kinky Asuras from Guild Wars 2 now, in that they're way too smart for their own good and create creative answers to their problems. We'll see. : p

I promise I wasn't thinking about the cuntsnakes! I was thinking more Monstergirl Manticore type tails, where they have suction power and can lay eggs through their tails!

Although in retrospect now I realize they're basically like cuntsnakes. >.>

47 minutes ago, Goddess Aurora said:

All of my three characters are set. I am not sure IF I'll even use them all but they're up. Not exactly completed, can be edited anytime as well for details that need to be corrected but this took me hours to setup. I am tired. I need a break. It was still fun to do.

Oof, definitely take a well deserved break! : ) I'm about to sleep soon but I'll read before I go. ^^

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gardsorm said:

I promise I wasn't thinking about the cuntsnakes! I was thinking more Monstergirl Manticore type tails,

Well that feels odd to imagine on a rabbit girl honestly, that said with how i structured the race a tail that effectively works as a second womb to double the potential young is... not completely unreasonable as an evolution...

Kinda gives the impression her genetic evolution developed because of a safe place and an abundance of resources... maybe she ended up with several quirks that are geared to reproduction or attracting mates? More so then even her races high sexual lean

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I've been thinking about alien species and Human history, given this is a voyage and Earth most likely has had contact with ETs outside their own solar system I have a type of proposition for lore on Human conflicts with aliens in the past. While also introducing an NPC/PC race or two. 

~~~~~~

While the greater galaxy is still undiscovered by Humanity as a species, we've found just enough to be recognized by a variety of advanced alien civilizations just after the Human-Xenti War. This also includes opportunistic species such as the reptilian Bhalikhan or the fungloid hive mind Chorus. Whichever the case, Mankind has in the past decades found that there are no rules of war in the broader galaxy,  even though we have reached out to various extraterrestrial councils and governments, there are a set of rules like we Humans have. 

After we took the spoils of war fron the Xenti Remnant, we started to recolonize worlds and systems lost, however now we have run into a new enemy: the Bhalikhan Greater Hordes. Reptilian in nature, three times the size and strength of even Human athletes, this species was based on conquest and war rooted even into their clutches of young as soon as they can learn. While their weapons were just as crude as Man's were, they sported blades and seemed to relish in melee versus firearms or energy rifles when on the ground, their military fleets were designed to be sluggish and heavy but made up for it with firepower and FTL travel. They struck a dog while it was down, and again Man was faced with fighting a foreign conflict but this wasn't impossible. 

In fact, the key words, "Was based on," Were major factors in Mankind's quick victory. Since other galactic civilizations did not care for rules of engagement let alone our own kind, we wanted to reach out to the Bhalikhan themselves only to reach laughter, mockery, and deaf ears. Families, children, sick and wounded were never spared, some hostages even used for blood sport. And so we retaliated on a much, much greater level. We started by experimenting on captured warriors, the most gruesome and horrendous acts that the Geneva Convention were tossed out in cases like this, and from these acts did we learn of their anatomy,  biology, and what exactly went on the minds of these reptilians.  

We created powerful diseases that not only made only this species deathly ill, but it also destroyed plenty of clutches and made breeding almost impossible thanks to gene changing agents in these diseases. When that wasn't enoigh, we started the Scorch Earth policy on their core home worlds, nuking these planets until they were permanently uninhabitable.  We sent legions with flamethrowers and any destructive weapon deemed toi inappropriate for Human on Hunan conflicts, burned their clutches and raided any and all bunkers and safe houses.  We hunted the Bhalikhan u tul only thousands existed and only then did they surrender in fear that Humanity would do far worse of they continued. 

And they were right. Many alien governments watched in horror as a once powerful and proud entity was cut down to a small margin, and again, we went back to these governments and bluntly asked them, "Are there rules of engagement and war?" Because we made an example of two species, Xenti and Bhalikhan, the greater galaxy has established these rules on our terms, when Humanity is involved, there are rules to follow. We weren't particularly strong, to them we were primitive  but versatile and stubborn. A hive mind known as the Chorus had other ideas. 

A crustacean-like Fungloid species only known to us as the Chorus. They spread and carefully plant their spores in hosts and like the Bhalikhan and Xenti, the Chorus were conquerors under a singular mind. When they tried to attack a home world of ours we dubbed, "Envoy," They almost succeeded were it not for the volcanic regions we have learned to harvest. Factories and testing sites acted as safe houses for civilians and any military that had survived the onslaught, those infected were taken and any attempts at medically saving them were impossible. We again contacted the councils of the galaxy, who tried to reach out to the Chorus, but these creatures chose Mankind as the next species to be assimilated in their ranks. 

We did not take kindly to that, and we quickly realized that under the natural plating Chorus Drones were weak to fire. So this conflict became trivial, new generation suits were made to combat infection and hazop operations were widespread. We burned hives down until finally tracking down the queen, but instead of destroying it, we took the hyper-intelligent creature to an unknown planet that couldn't be tracked thanks to agents that limited telepathy. When knew the Drones had individual thought, and that they loved their hivemind so much, that we removed the agents blocking the telepathy. Of course, the galaxy was watching, as we only did the most Humane- And in terms, American or Canadian thing to do when the queen refused surrender, we forced ot to watch as the world's it spread to were burned into pits of hell, and when asked to surrender it still said no. So we bombed it to death with the newest set of nuclear arms that needed testing. 

When the new hivemind was created, it surrendered immediately,  not wanting to same fate as its prior master nor of that of the Bhalikhan. There was new saying amongst the galactic powers that be, "When Mankind tells you there are rules of war, you follow them. Or face their wrath." 

~~~~~

I think it's horrendous visually, hopefully I did a decent job on this tidbit, but a galaxy where rules of war didn't exist until Humans came into play. It also reveals exactly why Humanity has rules, and what happens when there aren't any, while we do fight internally when a foreign force tries to conquer and destroy it goes to show that we unite to completely tear it down. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Hm, is it safe to RP? Kinda like an introduction of my main character? Or are things still a WIP?

I need a few more ideas for POI on Novus for are characters to explore, plus a few ideas for Races and Creatures that inhabit them, then will be ready to start posting, as I got the BlackStar ship areas set up.

11 hours ago, Goddess Aurora said:

All of my three characters are set. I am not sure IF I'll even use them all but they're up. Not exactly completed, can be edited anytime as well for details that need to be corrected but this took me hours to setup. I am tired. I need a break. It was still fun to do.

Thank you for your characters, I really like them. If you think there is to much info needed to be put down when making a character, I can try to make as much as a can optional.

• Woohoo 1

7 minutes ago, Busterbugs said:

Thank you for your characters, I really like them. If you think there is to much info needed to be put down when making a character, I can try to make as much as a can optional.

I am glad! The only thing I wonder about is how ARA and by example the mother bot will co-habit. From my understanding, the latter will also be a kind of big ship admin so I wonder if it and ARA will be able to communicate using ARA's artificial relay systems. Her own abilities also allows her to scan and more or less take access of any machines (for fixing purposes, mostly. Or for communicating datas and relaying resources.) Of course, I am sure that's a little complicated to think about just like that and all but yeah. I am just curious about how that would work.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Damn, I woke up and see Blade wrote some downright scary stuff. But you know what? That seems like the most realistic, if brutal, way to handle making yourselves known in the galaxy when the rest view you like playthings.

They learned we play rough. : p

It paints an ugly picture but maybe this is why the people on the BlackStar are somewhat removed from those violent conflicts and focusing on a more social aspect... While potentially finding themselves in a new set of problems. :3

1 hour ago, DreamsnThings said:

Well that feels odd to imagine on a rabbit girl honestly, that said with how i structured the race a tail that effectively works as a second womb to double the potential young is... not completely unreasonable as an evolution...

Kinda gives the impression her genetic evolution developed because of a safe place and an abundance of resources... maybe she ended up with several quirks that are geared to reproduction or attracting mates? More so then even her races high sexual lean

Yeah, I feel like at the time I mentioned this, I might have been running very tired, and I know when I'm tired, I can be prone to pushing very bad ideas. >.> This is usually why I try to avoid making suggestions for others.. xD

• Like 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Goddess Aurora said:

I am glad! The only thing I wonder about is how ARA and by example the mother bot will co-habit. From my understanding, the latter will also be a kind of big ship admin so I wonder if it and ARA will be able to communicate using ARA's artificial relay systems. Her own abilities also allows her to scan and more or less take access of any machines (for fixing purposes, mostly. Or for communicating datas and relaying resources.) Of course, I am sure that's a little complicated to think about just like that and all but yeah. I am just curious about how that would work.

That could work, having ARA be a sort of mobile being that is connected to the Mother Bot to talk for her in other places.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Busterbugs said:

That could work, having ARA be a sort of mobile being that is connected to the Mother Bot to talk for her in other places.

And then we have SRK, aka WARNING. The little goofball screaming alerts if something bad happens. (She can connects to ARA and maybe to the mother bot as well). And I feel like playing the both of them will be an incredible challenge. I've always wanted to try it.

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, Goddess Aurora said:

And then we have SRK, aka WARNING. The little goofball screaming alerts if something bad happens. (She can connects to ARA and maybe to the mother bot as well). And I feel like playing the both of them will be an incredible challenge. I've always wanted to try it.

That sounds perfect. I love that idea.

• Like 1

Also, I just finished my first idea for a race of Novus outline. I you can go look at it in the Ideas for the Races of Novus topic and like it if you want it to be added as a official race. If you don’t like it or have a idea for a change to it, let me know here or in the topic Help and discussion chat for the Ideas for the races of Novus topic.

That should also give people a good guideline in creating their own race idea and tomorrow, I’m going to finish my other race idea I have started, a race of mermaid like people that swim through the air instead of water, along with more characters, creature and POI ideas.

Edited by Busterbugs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Busterbugs said:

Also, I just finished my first idea for a race of Novus outline. I you can go look at it in the Ideas for the Races of Novus topic and like it if you want it to be added as a official race. If you don’t like it or have a idea for a change to it, let me know here or in the topic Help and discussion chat for the Ideas for the races of Novus topic.

That should also give people a good guideline in creating their own race idea and tomorrow, I’m going to finish my other race idea I have started, a race of mermaid like people that swim through the air instead of water, along with more characters, creature and POI ideas.

I've wanted a mermaid forever. A flying in the air one seems even more fun. BUT I'll try to do my current characters right first. 3 is enough. It's already more than I can usually handle (In a new RP and I usually manage many characters at once just fine) But yes. I have a mermaid I'll probably add to my albums (My own) soon or later. It's interesting to see what kind of race shows up. There's something very TITS about it. XD

• Love 2

36 minutes ago, Goddess Aurora said:

I've wanted a mermaid forever. A flying in the air one seems even more fun. BUT I'll try to do my current characters right first. 3 is enough. It's already more than I can usually handle (In a new RP and I usually manage many characters at once just fine) But yes. I have a mermaid I'll probably add to my albums (My own) soon or later. It's interesting to see what kind of race shows up. There's something very TITS about it. XD

I’m excited to fully create a race of flying MerFolk for Novus that members can play as. I think it can be very fun to play as.

Just got done with armor/BDU... It's gonna take me a good while to get weapons and equipment done. But I'm gonna be doing only specific types of weapons, three of each (Rifle/Carbine, Shotgun, SMG, Sidearm, LMG, launchers), and they'll be universal mostly so mods are interchangeable.  I know I said I wasn't world building, but dammit that ain't stopping me from creating protection for the crew!

Also, imo I think super soldiers/mutants children shouldn't have the same attributes as the parents. Like in appearance of course they obviously have physical traits, but when it comes to transformations or augmented physical prowess that's something that the individual has to get tested on. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Just got done with armor/BDU... It's gonna take me a good while to get weapons and equipment done. But I'm gonna be doing only specific types of weapons, three of each (Rifle/Carbine, Shotgun, SMG, Sidearm, LMG, launchers), and they'll be universal mostly so mods are interchangeable.  I know I said I wasn't world building, but dammit that ain't stopping me from creating protection for the crew!

Also, imo I think super soldiers/mutants children shouldn't have the same attributes as the parents. Like in appearance of course they obviously have physical traits, but when it comes to transformations or augmented physical prowess that's something that the individual has to get tested on. 

Thank you for creating armor and weapon ideas for the crew, I really appreciate it. And I do like the idea of the children of augmented humans don’t have the same abilities as their parents or might be born completely normal.

2 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

If anyone can give me some feedback about my race id greatly appreciate it xwx never designed a full race in detail so im not sure if i left things out or need to change something 

I looked over your race info and it looks perfect to me! I think that is all the info you need for the race, expect maybe in the Lifestyle part, you can add if they live in groups of just close and extended family or do they live in larger groups of several families or are they a more solitary race. But other then that it is well done and ready to be added as a official race of Novus.

I’m also going to be on here for a long time now since I have no work tonight and I’m hoping to get a lot of work done on the club, join in discussions and answer any questions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Busterbugs said:

I looked over your race info and it looks perfect to me! I think that is all the info you need for the race, expect maybe in the Lifestyle part, you can add if they live in groups of just close and extended family or do they live in larger groups of several families or are they a more solitary race. But other then that it is well done and ready to be added as a official race of Novus.

Glad to know i did well! The only issue with talking about their lifestyles in terms of families or groups is that their culture is based around rapid adaption... generally theres a pretty even split between children staying with their parents in a large herd, children quickly leaving their parents to live alone, or children leaving in their late teens as they realize they are attracted to another species... it all boils down to how the specific lopevite developed 

• Like 2