Main OOC Chat

12 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

Glad to know i did well! The only issue with talking about their lifestyles in terms of families or groups is that their culture is based around rapid adaption... generally theres a pretty even split between children staying with their parents in a large herd, children quickly leaving their parents to live alone, or children leaving in their late teens as they realize they are attracted to another species... it all boils down to how the specific lopevite developed 

So, basically groups vary in size greatly, with large family groups, to groups of siblings that are looking to start a new family, to lone ones looking to start a family as well. 

7 minutes ago, Busterbugs said:

So, basically groups vary in size greatly, with large family groups, to groups of siblings that are looking to start a new family, to lone ones looking to start a family as well. 

Almost any social structure "has" been developed by this species be it here or on one of the planets they populated before the travel ban was placed on them. For this planet specifically 70% of them are in the rainforest in a large community with some bringing in outside species as mates into the community,  and the remaining 30% is largely lopevites who want to live more isolated or lopevites who chose to live with their non lopevite mate outside the community. That all said they are a race of change and adaption, so nearly any social lifestyle is a valid option given the right environment and situation.

As i started writing for this race more i realized they would be great for anyone who wants a little customization for their character but doesn't want to design a whole race for them. Because the race fills such a customizable position. Should be good for atleast 1 or 2 people 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, DreamsnThings said:

Almost any social structure "has" been developed by this species be it here or on one of the planets they populated before the travel ban was placed on them. For this planet specifically 70% of them are in the rainforest in a large community with some bringing in outside species as mates into the community,  and the remaining 30% is largely lopevites who want to live more isolated or lopevites who chose to live with their non lopevite mate outside the community. That all said they are a race of change and adaption, so nearly any social lifestyle is a valid option given the right environment and situation.

As i started writing for this race more i realized they would be great for anyone who wants a little customization for their character but doesn't want to design a whole race for them. Because the race fills such a customizable position. Should be good for atleast 1 or 2 people 

Sounds good.

1 hour ago, DreamsnThings said:

Woot! Now i just need to think up my own quirky lopevite!... twice the character creation difficulty! QwQ

I look forward to seeing it.

59 minutes ago, Goddess Aurora said:

I personally hope we can start something sometimes. Just curious about how well this would go. We seem to have ideas and everything.

We are almost ready. What is really holding us back is some POIs for are characters to play in on the new planet. I’m working on creating ideas for them, but if anyone has a idea of a POI that they would find interesting that fits into a swamp, jungle or meadow/plains area, I would love to hear it.

I just need some suggestions and I’ll take care of the creation of it from there and the same goes for races or creatures of Novus. If you want to post a photo of a Landscape, creature or race for Novus with a small description of them, I or another can work on fully creating the idea for them if the person doesn’t want to.

If we have a few more of those posted, we could get this club started.

6 minutes ago, Busterbugs said:

What is really holding us back is some POIs for are characters to play in on the new planet.

In the jungle area i mentioned a treetop village for lopevites. With huts connected by rope bridges, vine like swings, psudo ziplines, and jump tarps connecting a variety of colorful, stylized, and unique huts that vary based on the lopevites needs. If you want to make it a more defined location 

Edited by DreamsnThings
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Busterbugs said:

I look forward to seeing it.

We are almost ready. What is really holding us back is some POIs for are characters to play in on the new planet. I’m working on creating ideas for them, but if anyone has a idea of a POI that they would find interesting that fits into a swamp, jungle or meadow/plains area, I would love to hear it.

I just need some suggestions and I’ll take care of the creation of it from there and the same goes for races or creatures of Novus. If you want to post a photo of a Landscape, creature or race for Novus with a small description of them, I or another can work on fully creating the idea for them if the person doesn’t want to.

If we have a few more of those posted, we could get this club started.

Probably could do a massive desert and wasteland biome, a whole continent to make things interesting. For planet lore could also throw in some ancient ruins of a once-advanced race long gone... I could definitely do that if need be totally wouldn't be inspired or ripped off of the Forerunners from Halo

That said, if I happen to do the ruins, it could open up some missions for characters for an excavation... Not without conflict of course, because Team Earth has to have enemies. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

In the jungle area i mentioned a treetop village for lopevites. With huts connected by rope bridges, vine like swings, psudo ziplines, and jump tarps connecting a variety of colorful, stylized, and unique huts that vary based on the lopevites needs. If you want to make it a more defined location 

I’ll work on creating that. Thank you for the idea.

19 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Probably could do a massive desert and wasteland biome, a whole continent to make things interesting. For planet lore could also throw in some ancient ruins of a once-advanced race long gone... I could definitely do that if need be totally wouldn't be inspired or ripped off of the Forerunners from Halo

That said, if I happen to do the ruins, it could open up some missions for characters for an excavation... Not without conflict of course, because Team Earth has to have enemies. 

I’m planning on added a desert biome in the future and having ancient ruins sounds like a great POI, for that biome and others as well.

• Like 1

Also, I was thinking since the BlackStar ship and its areas is done and ready to go, maybe we can start the club with the BlackStar Warping from earth to Novus and having a day left to get there.

During that time the crew has nothing really to do but wait and make sure the trip goes smoothly, so if you have a crew member you can introduce them on the BlackStar and have them interact with the other members so people can get a feel of the characters.

And that will give me time to work on the world of Novus more, while giving members a chance to play their characters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Busterbugs said:

Oh, and When making a crew member, you need to add which crew room on the BlackStar they are using to sleep and live in.

I added a place for it in the Info Needed part.

I have a feeling I'll let my 3 characters together. Well, surely Florence will have her own room if she doesn't stay in her workshop. The two bots will stay with her since they have to be kept checked on by someone. ARA is powerful enough that she can't be toyed with by just everyone.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

Sounds like a great time for the people of the planet to notice an oddly moving star x3

Us natives have nothing to do atm TwT

...actually am i the only planet native so far?

I think you are at the moment. Also, since you said lopevites have spread across some parts of space, you could have some of them had been taken prisoner by the Aliens that attacked earth.

Since they could breed so fast and with other races, the Xenti could have used them to breed soldiers fast for their forces. So, if you want to make a lopevite that was rescued after the war to join the crew you can. And I think it could be interesting if they meet more of their kind on Novus.

But that is just a suggestion.

19 hours ago, Goddess Aurora said:

I have a feeling I'll let my 3 characters together. Well, surely Florence will have her own room if she doesn't stay in her workshop. The two bots will stay with her since they have to be kept checked on by someone. ARA is powerful enough that she can't be toyed with by just everyone.

Sounds good.

36 minutes ago, Busterbugs said:

I think you are at the moment. Also, since you said lopevites have spread across some parts of space, you could have some of them had been taken prisoner by the Aliens that attacked earth.

Since they could breed so fast and with other races, the Xenti could have used them to breed soldiers fast for their forces. So, if you want to make a lopevite that was rescued after the war to join the crew you can. And I think it could be interesting if they meet more of their kind on Novus.

But that is just a suggestion.

Weaponized sex bunnys was not where i was expecting this RP to go but honestly kinda love it lol...

This could be a good reason why they are so hated in general, why a ship full of them fled to this planet, and also can justify their tech level being a little higher on planet...

Ultimately i think i would rather play a "native" lopevite though and be a kinda pocahontas element in the rp, playing the intermediary between the blackstar and her tribe.

• Love 1

Since I am making weapons, equipment, vehicles,  etc. etc. I'd like some feedback of possible or maybe suggestions. Got assault rifles outta the way, next up are marksman rifkes and shotguns. If you'd like throw throw an idea and see what twist I can make it as lemme know.

I'm also considering making fauna not the kind that are fuckable either. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 2

I'm in favor of non-sexy fauna too. It's a wide-open universe; Not everything is gonna look pretty enough, or friendly enough, to interact with. : p

As far as weapons are going, they're coming along great. It's already a lot more than I would have originally anticipated, to be honest. xD

Edited by Gardsorm
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Gardsorm said:

I'm in favor of non-sexy fauna too. It's a wide-open universe; Not everything is gonna look pretty enough, or friendly enough, to interact with. : p

As far as weapons are going, they're coming along great. It's already a lot more than I would have originally anticipated, to be honest. xD

I went crazy with that lol Not meaning to, just wanted a variety. Launchers, pistols, and lobbed explosives are next. 

Andis you think the weapons are crazy, I'm probably gonna overindulge in the local wildlife

• ^ This 1

5 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Andis you think the weapons are crazy, I'm probably gonna overindulge in the local wildlife

just be forewarned any varient of fauna you come up with theres probably going to be a lopevite that tries to fuck it, have kids, and by extension lopevites who have that fauna's traits...

...which is honestly not something im planning to touch on in RP but I realized belatedly after reading this a few hours ago x-x

I may be regretting setting up this race the way i have x-x

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 23/09/2023 at 16:51, DreamsnThings said:

Weaponized sex bunnys was not where i was expecting this RP to go but honestly kinda love it lol...

This could be a good reason why they are so hated in general, why a ship full of them fled to this planet, and also can justify their tech level being a little higher on planet...

Ultimately i think i would rather play a "native" lopevite though and be a kinda pocahontas element in the rp, playing the intermediary between the blackstar and her tribe.

That sounds like it will be a fun time.

On 25/09/2023 at 22:11, DreamsnThings said:

just be forewarned any varient of fauna you come up with theres probably going to be a lopevite that tries to fuck it, have kids, and by extension lopevites who have that fauna's traits...

...which is honestly not something im planning to touch on in RP but I realized belatedly after reading this a few hours ago x-x

I may be regretting setting up this race the way i have x-x

I just really noticed it and I'm like. "This is TITS all over again. Bunnies trying to have sex with me." We have to tame them.

11 hours ago, Busterbugs said:

That sounds like it will be a fun time.

A very fun time, even. I wonder if bunnies would try even on anthroids since they seem to have sex with everything. o.O

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Goddess Aurora said:

A very fun time, even. I wonder if bunnies would try even on anthroids since they seem to have sex with everything. o.O

Lopevites are... very varied in which ones like what... not every single one would go for anthroids, but there will be some who absolutely adore them

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

Lopevites are... very varied in which ones like what... not every single one would go for anthroids, but there will be some who absolutely adore them

Well, Florence isn't one. I might still want to hide her, just in case. Wolf girl in danger. The hunter is becoming the prey.

• Like 1