Great Hall

"I wouldn't mind taking you up on the offer tomorrow, if you are still up for it then. The servants should already know that a feast is planned. We would only get in their way."

She didn't wish to be rude. They already had much to gather together, to prepare, and dishes to ultimately clean. More than likely the kitchen would not be free. A shame too as it would have meant bonding a little more. But putting it off for the next day wouldn't be terrible.

Nodding in agreement with Vex's assessment, she finished off her glass of wine, only to then hold it out for a refill. "You're right about that. It would be thickest then. And partially, yes. We are to host the Alpha, should he decide to accept my invitation."

Once more wine was poured she drew the glass in close to herself, swirling it once again. Was she craving anything? Well, blood, now that he asked. But she could wait for dinner to sate those desires. It would also assist with cementing the image she wished to create.

"No. Not at the moment."

After taking another sip she'd cast her gaze towards one of the doors. "I suppose I should actually take my bath now."

Vex would raise an eyebrow as she declined his offer to do it now but he would then shrug a bit now "Well... I certainly have no plans all you need to do is beckon me tomorrow" he said now as he sipped on his wine "What sort of meal would you like to make?" he asked her curiously now 

However when she spoke about the wolf fur again "Speaking of that... for this meeting would you like me to be in hiding or at your side?" he asked looking towards the hiding spot he planned to use during the meeting. He was planning hiding during the meeting without her opinion but now that she brought it up he just had to ask. 

He would then nod his head sipping and finishing his glass now blushing a little bit as she brought up taking a bath "Something distract you?" he asked curiously now but he thought it over for a second "Would you like help?" he asked almost hesitantly. He wanted to continue serving her... and he would be lying if he said he did not want to see more of her body but he wasn't going to openly admit it

• Love 1

Well hopefully I don't get distracted enough to forget.

That was definitely a real possibility. It happened far too often than she'd like to admit. As for what sort of meal? That was a good question. Something that wasn't pasta, given tonight's meal. Also not too difficult. "Perhaps an appetizer. Chicken satay? Do you know that one?"

Where did she want him for the dinner. Normally she'd have him in hiding. It wasn't a bad idea to keep some cards hidden, so to say. But tonight? Tonight she had different plans. An entirely different gamble. It would require more visibility. "I'd like you to attend the dinner normally. No need to hide tonight."

There was that blush again. She nodded once towards the tome in her lap. "I started to read it on the way. It distracted me. I was going to read it while lounging in the water." It wasn't as though she'd be risking it. There were ways to protect her books in the bath, and she'd intended to employ them. Amusingly enough, Vex went further than she'd anticipated, offering to help. Not that she required it, of course, but even so there wasn't any reason why she shouldn't allow herself to be pampered. Besides, it would help to break him free from his shell.

Snapping the tome shut, she'd slip from her seat, arms stretching out overhead. Then, after adjusting her glasses, she nodded once.

"Sure."

Besides, teasing him would be amusing. She already knew that he enjoyed looking. This would be more fun. There wasn't anything stopping her from reading as well. With that in mind she led the way!

((Moving to Bath))

Vex would look at her and he would raise an eyebrow at her suggestion "Yes I know that one and it isn't to tricky to learn either way" he said now as he then listened to her response to his question about the meeting simply nodding his head 

"Then would you prefer that I am seated or behind you?" he asked her now as he looking at her even after having blushed a bit. Although he couldn't help but chuckle hearing that she got distracted by her tome. He would then watch her slip from her seat after shutting her tome and he would wait for an answer to his question. 

He was then very surprised that she said yes to his offer "Very well then Alicia..." he said deciding to drop the mistress again. He would nod his head as she began moving and he would begin to follow her to the bathhouse just a little bit behind her now really noticing their difference in height now that they were standing but he kept quiet and he would continue to follow her.

• Love 1

Once more Alicia had returned to the Great Hall. Her servants had conducted themselves well despite the sudden shift in plans. Only after Donovan followed her through did Alicia allow the door to shut behind them. A hand reached out, brushing along one of the ancient wooden arms of her seat. Her father's seat, really. Given how large he was, he fit quite well within it. For Alicia? It was far too large.

Even so, tradition dictated that she not be rid of it. Nor would she need to: the servants had already taken her unusually small frame into account, having added in large plush pillows so that she might remain in comfort and properly reach the table! Also, it just kind of fit a person of her rank. Sitting on pillows was its own power move, especially if it placed her higher than the others.

With a gentle hop Alicia sat at her end of the table. Now she only need wait for the Alpha's arrive! That ad her other guests. Who would even attend?

• Like 1

Donovan came through, popping his collar some and adjusting his sleeves as he went to his designated spot. A glance to the mistress he would not say a word not do any action other than watch her get comfortable. They had gotten there before the food but hey what can you do when your guest is fast like the wind? He was a Corpse-Sower not a Nightstalker or a Mistwalker so he had no reason to hide in the shadows. He didn't want to hide, honestly this was the most entertained he had been in a couple millennia and he wanted to see the outcome of their endeavors. One thing was for certain the Alpha was be here soon and there was no telling how the negotiations would go from this point forward. 

Edited by love_and_poprocks
  • Love 1

The Grand Hall was filled with servant's delivering food and drink, they were constantly moving in flawless motion for their vampiric employers to make every need necessary.  However upon orders all Vampires were to do blood feedings earlier in the night before going to the ain feast to prevent bloodlust. The massive doors of the Hall was already wide open as well as the windows, and allowed for cool air to pass through to help freshen everything up. Toshiro had appeared by Alicia's side after retrieving his Thrall, cleaned up and ready for anything this night, his being there to prevent any foolish decisions. The only vampires here were of course the Nightstalkers, the Mistwalkers, and the Corpse Sowers in case of medical issues happening. 

In through the doorway first was the Butler who had accompanied the Alpha. His form was a usual sight, however just after he entered the senses of all vampires in the Grand Hall went off in warning, as of there was an imminent danger all among them. Through the frame walked the Midnight Alpha, Auvunux Windcaller, a wind blew from behind him like an air of death, but his eyes did not scan the room instead resting upon one Alicia Blackthorne. His gaze narrowed after the Butler directed him to a vacant seat where no living or undead soul dared approach him. He was younger when he entered this castle, but since then he's friends far stronger than what anyone could imagine. 

"Looks like he actually showed, Mistress," Toshiro said smiling to Alicia, "Remember,  you cannot tighten a leash when there's no collar, even if this meeting is pointless, the truce goes on and you might even gain some insight."

• Love 2

Donovan. Toshiro. His thrall. Far fewer than I was expecting. No matter. This will suffice.

Within the large wooden seat Alicia lay out somewhat on her side. It was almost more akin to a small couch! Her father had been quite large for a Vampire. His style of combat had been familiar to the wolves: brute, physical force. A terror in close quarters combat, only reinforced by the dark arts. She was the complete opposite. Of course this made close quarters combat more dangerous, but she had plenty of options available to her which bridged the gap in those situations. The dark arts were, at the very least, quite flexible.

While she had directed the other vampires to feed upon blood beforehand, she had not done so herself. Well, unless one counted the couple of glasses of wine. They had some traces of blood, but she hadn't properly fed. This was, of course, part of her plot. There was purpose in it. Yet another flex, should it come to that. But then that is what made her dangerous: she had plans within plans within plans. She had to, after all without her plans and her projects and her magic she was weak, at least in comparison to other creatures of her rank.

The butler entered first. A foreboding wind swept through the chambers as the massive man followed. Candles flickered. A few went out completely, casting a slight darkness throughout the great hall. All according to plan, of course. Austin's actions would set the environment further to her advantage. The servants knew not to re-light those lights which had gone out.

Despite the man's fearsome presence, Alicia was completely unphased. His size? Most everyone was a giant to her. His reputation? She knew of it, had analyzed it, and had prepared herself for it. His narrowed gaze? Well, she was well aware of his mood thanks to Donovan. Nothing surprised her. Toshiro's advice was heard, although it didn't physically register. The meeting would not be pointless. As for the truce? Well, that was to be seen.

"Auvunux Windcaller" the little Vampire spoke, her tone exactly as bored and apathetic as her expression. "Welcome to my home. Take a seat. I assume that you have not yet had dinner. Pasta is fine, I hope." She didn't sit up. No, she was quite comfortable as she was in the moment! Besides, this too was a power play.

So begins our little game!

• Love 2

One of the servant's cane across as the Alpha sat down in the small chair that wasn't suited for his body. The furniture creaked and groaned but he didn't care otherwise, he carefully watched the maid as she set down a plate of pasta, then when she departed he looked at the dish then up to Alicia. He's dealt with her before, little brat, he's seen how reserved but deadly her father was with the previous Alpha but that was a long time ago. He wasn't bargaining with Tiberius who he'd wish was still alive, man had enough respect to allow the pack to grow and would soon after start a big battle. So grandiose,  but deep down Austin and Tiberius were alike, they lived for the thrill of the battle, the thrill of blood sport! 

"Not now Amber, I'll handle them later but please be quiet." Toshiro quietly hushed his Thrall before moving back to Alicia's side again. 

"You wanted me here, so I am here. What is this, "renegotiations," About? We had a deal and we have stayed true to it. However your little Coven have some things to answer for." Austin said raising his tone for all to hear, now standing up as that was more comfortable but didn't move fir any attack or any advance. 

"This'll be interesting..." A Nightstalker next to Alicia's said, grinning in amusement. 

Austin without hesitation spoke the important matters, "We have staved our hands from entering your territory, we have even allowed you to claim what was once ours. And yet, we receive reports of ambushes and attacks upon our people deep within our turf abd have lost five members due to it." 

"Master Windcaller, " Toshiro spoke outwardly, "You claim attacks upon your kind, we have been staying our hard as well. We scout, yes, but only pomi g and prodding boundaries," The vampire gazed at the Alpha who seemed none too pleased, "Could you describe the nature of these attacks- The assault then aftermath?" 

Auvunux's fists tightened to the point crackles could vocally be heard, he said in a low and angry tone, "Oh you want a report? Fine, then! It starts with silver arrows being used, no bullets, it is like a hail of knives being uses as one survivor said. But while the my pack members are still alive they are skinned and their flesh is taken?!?! We have found Human and Wolf corpses along our woods, so tell me, who else woukd have caused this ti happen Leech!" 

While the Alpha raised his voice he still made no advances, if he wanted to, he could kill most of the room. But he shown restraint physically but was visibly outraged. It was one of those situations where he held that rage in for later, he had a pack to tend to and yet he was here? It hasn't happened in a month, all the wolves of his kin have stayed in the areas closest to the Mansion which he allowed, but with no traces of scents or even tracks it was difficult to tell who exactly did this. Auvunux glared directly at Alicia, "We had a damn deal." 

"That's new..." Toshiro states to Alicia clearly confused, "So someone's riling up the pack which could be extremely dangerous for us. We're not ready for an all out war let alone an assault on our property. I'm less concerned about Midnight and more so on these new silver wielding assailants. "

• Love 2
  • Woohoo 1

Fury! All consuming rage flared to the wolf as the Corpse-Sower as a darkened glare lay upon him. Donovan was no saint but with the mistress here and that Toshiro fucker he had to stay in his place. He was caged like a vulture in human captivity. How he so wanted to have a crack at the Alpha male. How he wanted to see his spine ripped out of his twitching corpse. Yes those invasive thoughts soothed the vampire as a grin befell his lips. Fuck him; mangy mutt! 

As the evenings events came the food was brought out for everyone to enjoy. Sure they were required to drink blood before hand but Donovan didn’t get the chance. So instead he staved off his hunger by taking the ruby red vintage and dining on the cousin prepared. He didn’t care if he was the only one either. His time would come when all would come to a head and he would get his vengeance but for now he glowered and contemplated some very unsavory things.

Though the Alphas report brought pause to his hand when he heard about the skinning and maiming of humans and werewolves alike. It was ingenious! A true conisuer of the depraved and maddening act of murder. A killer after his own heart. He would nod with a smile on his face as he munched on the pasta with glee. What trepidation this was. he wished he thought of it. Enhanced hearing allowed him to hear the human thrall speak baseless lies to the butler and his deadly gaze met her own. “I suggest you keep your mouth shut! Or I will sew it shut for you; Vampire slut!” He used Telepathy in the female and only her as he then went back to eating. Fucking bitch trying to start shit! 

Taking a breath he would calm and look to Toshiro and Alicia. “I didn’t do this, buuuut I wish I knew who did. Genius work!” Now he communicated to his higher ups before anyone could get any sycophantic ideas. Donovan loved the torture of it all. He didn’t like a waste of test subjects, this wasn’t his doing. Whether they believed him or not was up to them. False accusations would surely spir but he would stay and prove his innocence if he had to. Shrugging and scoffing some to himself he would sit back looking to the alpha. What was next? 

• Love 1

As the great wolf took his seat within the far-too-small chair it creaked, as though crying out in pain. One big prideful werewolf sitting in a little chair. It was as though he were sat at the children's table! While her face didn't express it, she was beaming inwardly! Snickering within her mind!

Hilarious! Oh I am definitely sketching that later!

Only when the man took his seat did she sit up within her chair, reaching forth in order to take up her fork. A clove of roasted garlic was plucked from her plate and drawn to her lips. She allowed the smell to waft upwards. In an instant she lost all taste, all sensory capabilities with her nose. That experiment would definitely be useful right about now. Even so, this too was a flex. As she slipped the tasteless morsel into her mouth, Alicia silently made yet another flex of her own power. She didn't even require all of her senses. Such was her power!

While Austin spoke, Alicia calmly took up her knife as well, utilizing it to cut into the chicken. A brow arched, and that was the most of her reply in the moment. Someone had been attacking them? Toshiro would have notified her if that had been the case, and by the sounds of it he had not dared to make a move upon the wolves in her absence. They had, after all, been preoccupied with other matters. The wolf didn't need to know this though.

Outsiders are intruding within my woods? Tsk tsk. Another thing to deal with.

It was a shame that the Alpha stood from his seat. Boohoo. Oh well. The memory was seared away within her mind regardless. Mention was also made of their lands or, rather, her lands. He dare make claim that anything rightfully belonged to his people? They were intruders! Nothing more!

Before she had a chance to speak, however, Toshiro took over. She paused her fork and her knife. Fair questions. Acceptable answers. A piece of chicken was brought to her lips. It was, of course, tasteless thanks to the garlic, but it was juicy. Well prepared. She could tell that much, at least.

A fine job, as always.

Auvunux's report was also amusing. He really did not know her, did he? Oh yes. She was going to have quite a bit of fun tonight! Everything was going swimmingly! None of that had been her work. It was perhaps something that Donovan would engage in, but his words within her mind brushed aside any possibility that it had been. He would have taken pride in his work, would have made claim to the deeds. It was just the sort of person that he was. His praise of the work did at least earn a mental giggle from the little Vampire.

I trust your word.

When Auvunux finally settled his glare back upon her, Alicia simply swallowed her food. Was it finally her turn to speak? As it turned out, no. Toshiro spoke to her. Worse still, he was careless with his words. Casting doubts upon their abilities in front of their foe? Worrying themselves over these newcomers? Worse still, alerting the pack to their reduced forces?!? Her gaze slowly turned towards the man, meeting his. While her expression remained unchanged, it was pretty obvious that she was disappointed.

Right in front of him? Really? Come on Toshiro! For shame.

At last the utensils she wielded were set upon the table. The Vampire's apathetic gaze returned to the wolf. "If you had taken even a minute to reflect upon all of this then you would understand just how wrong you are. I cannot tell who is the bigger fool: you or the people who decided that it was a good idea to hunt within my woods."

Elbows settled upon the table, hands coming together in front of her. Her already relaxed demeanor seemed to shift fully to one of boredom as she leaned forward, her chin settling atop her hands. "The castle? These woods? All of it is mine. Even the town. It has been our family's for as long as we have been here. You people are the intruders. We allow you to live upon our lands, and only for as long as we desire it. You may count yourselves blessed, for I have always held a curiosity towards your kind. It is for that reason alone that I allow you to breathe within a hundred miles of my home, let alone have your own rutting space."

Perhaps a little flex of her own power was warranted here. The walls, the floor, even the ceiling of the great hall creaked and groaned around all of those assembled. Those regions within the room which had darkened even a little suddenly grew pitch black, as though all light which had touched the areas had been devoured. Incoherent whispers and ethereal, haunting laughter spilled free from the inky black. There was no pause in her admonishment as she continued to speak.

"I care not for your pelts. My father has accumulated plenty. Many are stuffed away here or there, used as bedding, and those who held any worth within their miserably short lives hang upon the walls of our estate. You think that I would use silver arrows? No, if I wanted your people dead then they would be dead. There would be no warning, no traces of my presence, only corpses. You know not the horrors that I would unleash upon your kind, were I so inclined to do so."

It was true, of course. Her father's style had been predictable: grandiose, honorable battles out in the field. She could tap into the deepest reaches of the mystical arts. Or, perhaps, unleash a terrifying nerve agent upon their compound. Poison the local wildlife. Unleash firebombs upon their estate. Even firearms sounded more amusing to her than simple bows and arrows! At least she could experiment with those!

Her voice remained flat. Emotionless. Inwardly, she was a bit upset with Auvunux, sure. Perhaps even a little disappointed in Toshiro. But none of this was beyond what she had planned for. Straightening up slightly, one hand settled upon the table while the other lifted slightly, as though she were waving off the man's outburst. In that moment the room seemingly returned to normal. She had flexed enough for the moment. "You are also wrong on another count: your people negotiated with my father. He is gone. We have yet to negotiate. At the behest of Toshiro here, who you should be thanking by the way, I decided to give it an attempt. Now, you may take a moment to breathe, to calm yourself, and to sit for negotiations. Enjoy your dinner. We can have ourselves a lovely evening. Or? Well, you don't really want to know the alternative, and I don't really want to tell you. I would much rather show you, if it comes to that."

Inwardly, she was smiling. One big, wicked, gleeful smile. Oh how she hoped he'd choose the alternative! What might he do? Attack her? He would lose his hand. Storm out? That would be fine, it would make the hunt all the more enjoyable!

Despite Toshiro's misstep, I am still having fun!

• Love 2

Toshiro smirked. Alicia knew how he was, he wanted to see the full of his Mistress let them be capable or no! Giving tge enemy a tad bit insight wouldn't hurt, they couldn't act either, but he did this on purpose too. 

"Oops! Tongue slipped, forgive me Mistress!" Toshiro bowed apologetically sending Alicia a mental response, "You should also reward Donovan,  he's been such a good pet, and tonight he did a most spectacular job."

"Oh? How's this for an alternative?" Austin said as he pulled out a sack. Untying it, he flipped it until several dozen Vampiric fangs filled up his plate, this drew srveral murmurs and shkcked gasps, "Though they've killed several of my people, more Humans than not, it seems they have been occupied with your territory as well. It seems while you've been playing queen in your little castle you haven't kept tabs on the situation you're in. Look around you!" 

Auvunux splayed an arm around quickly, noting the very few vampires in the room, despite there being some outside as well, "You've grown sloppy, even with your powerful magic, one of my scouts witnessed ten of your elites being picked apart by a single one of these intruders! They tracked the scents of ash piles and collected what she could these past months. I came here on negotiations, I have a pack to run, and here you are stuffing your face nonchalant. You cannot stay safe in your palace forever,  Alicia, it won't be me nor my Midnight that drive a stake into your heart, but strangers who aren't afraid of you." 

"That's... So that's where the others have gone. When they disappeared we assumed they were killed during the rebellion. But this means that this was going on well before that. This means we could potentially have a rival clan upon us, Alicia, more dangerous than the Midnight." Toshiro sent that distressing message to only Alicia, his mellow expression turned serious now, and then he said to the Alpha, "Did they get a good look at this individual?" 

"Why should I tell you?" The Alpha grinned, shrugging in place, now he was the one who seemed calm, "Why should I care about what happens to your kin? We have destroyed each other for many generations, Why should I even give help?" 

"Because we invited you for peace negotiations yes?" Toshiro shot back. 

Auvunux thought for a second before deciding, "Very well. A red cross, and black mail. That's all I'll give you. Other than that, if this is what you brought me here for you're wasting your time. I will take my leave if we're done." 

"Mistress,  I hate to be impatient but we need to cut to the point, if we can't secure this continuing peace deal with Midnight imagine if this new enemy convinced them to join their ranks?"

• Love 2

Remembered how to speak with your mind, have you?

Toshiro was messing with her game. On purpose. An accident she could excuse, but this? Oh no. No no no. As grateful as she was for his assistance, stepping upon her toes was not something she could easily forgive, not in this sort of situation. Had he forgotten his place? Perhaps a reminder was in order.

You are right, though. Donovan deserves a reward. I do believe that he missed his meal. Perhaps I should let Donovan feast upon your thrall? Amber, was it?

Nothing permanent, of course. He probably understood that. But she knew that this punishment was going to bite harder than anything she could personally inflict upon Toshiro. Besides, it was just a thrall. They came and went. Growing attached to one's meal was precisely one of the reasons why she did not have a thrall of her own. Besides, she was making a scene. Whispers or not, a werewolf could hear them.

Speaking of which! Toshiro's misstep had assisted with the mutt's standing in the negotiations, however it appeared he had arrived prepared with something of his own. A sack of fangs were dumped upon the table. Unfortunate. Also, yet another thing which had been kept from her. As for his pointing towards her mostly empty dining hall, she could have easily explained it away. They were out. Busy. She did not keep her people collared. Now? Well, now he knew that they were having problems.

Indeed, feeding the thrall to Donovan was a mercy. Bemusement shifted to annoyance. She allowed the two to chat while she considered her options. A peaceful negotiation was quickly crumbling away. Amusing herself? That too was just about gone. Destruction was still very much on the table. War. Perhaps that might bring her some enjoyment? It would be the perfect place to try out a few of her experiments.

And now Toshiro was worried. She had plans for these negotiations. Steering it towards peaceful negotiations had been her objective from the start. Now? Well, now she almost didn't want to bother.

Are you going to let me negotiate, then? Or are you planning on interfering further?

Ignoring the wolf's jab at her meal, a meal which she had graciously invited him to attend, Alicia took up her utensils and carefully pushed some of the pasta onto her fork. Bringing it to her lips, she took a bite, gaze remaining glued upon her guest while she ate. She had been nothing but cordial when he'd arrived. He tested her patience. Insulted her! Made outrageous claims upon her lands.

Swallowing the bite she'd taken, Alicia set the utensils back down. A napkin was drawn up to her lips, patting neatly against them. Finally, she lowered it back to the table. If he wanted to play hard, then she would play hard.

"I have been implored to cut to the point. Very well. It appears as though we both have intruders to deal with. This is true. And yet, as I understand it, we would outlast you. Should negotiations break down here you will not survive the week. Your hunts shall fail, you shall starve, and these intruders will have their way with your clan. I wouldn't have to lift a finger. That isn't even touching upon the plague which has ravaged your people, or the coming breeding season. In order to restore your numbers, you will be forced to procreate. This will drastically reduce your combat efficiency. Not breeding will risk weakening the pack in the long run. You cannot afford to not breed. We do not have that problem. If I don't finish you off, they will. That is inevitable."

A pause was granted so that he might ingest the information. She continued. "We will suffer losses. Yes. But we need not tread out beyond the castle. Were we so inclined, we could lock down. They could still attack us, certainly, and they would be destroyed. We live in a castle. Food? Given what we feed upon, we have plenty. This place is a fortress. I have not spent my time here doing nothing. Woe be whatever force that attempts to take my home."

It was a gamble, to be certain, but what was a negotiation but a series of gambles? This time she didn't pause. "They could come to you, make some sort of offer. An alliance, perhaps. We both know that you will not accept. Your pride will not allow it, certainly not after everything they have done to you. To do so would undoubtedly have your people turn against you. And perhaps you will defeat these outsiders. After a long, hard fought battle, maybe, just maybe, you'll destroy the intruders. But how many will you lose in the process? How many can you afford to lose? By the end of it the result will be the same: you will return to seek a peace agreement for the sake of your clan, whatever remains at that point, and you shall be in a worse position than you are now. You will be at our mercy."

She didn't give any pause. There was no need to risk her negotiations being muddled by further interruptions. The Vampire continued, her voice still holding nothing but apathy. "I had intended to propose a deal which might benefit both of us. Your people are having troubles with your numbers. I am a woman of science. Solving those problems would be simple enough, I'm sure. You people hoard lands which do not belong to you. For the sake of sating my scientific curiosities, I would have it opened to us. You may, with my blessing, continue to live upon our lands. A continuance of peace, as it were, with a chance for our people to grow closer with time. No threat of being hunted. Time for your clan to regain their numbers. And yet. . ."

Alicia relaxed now within her chair. Her right leg crossed over the left, arms settling against the pillows at either side of her body. "You have been nothing but rude tonight. Perhaps I should reconsider."

• Love 2

Talks of peace were acceptable, talks of growing closer to the Leeches... That was a long ways from happening, perhaps never as it was the Vampires of Blackthorne who killed his family. Wife, children, parents and grandparents,  all of them wiped out and he was forced to watch. Some of those vampires may have been alive still, so there was a true bloodfued that fueled his rage. It wasn't like they were done on orders either but just for fun, that was where his anger came from every time he had seen this wretched place. 

"And you think it wouldn't be the same on your end?" Auvunux replies to Alicia's words of "aligning" with this new group, "You would be at our mercy if that happened to you as well. Bear in mind, I've known for some time of your situation, we have resources as well." 

The Alpha gave everything sone thought. He knew she was playing it off, she had a pokerface and was sticking to her guns but so was he. Unfortunately Auvunux also knew of every single weakness in this decrepit palace to exploit it, if he could find those an enemy sure  old too. But time was dragging on now, though he had only been here a few minutes soon enough dawn would rise... And he was just tired. Right now he needed to make certain that his people would stay safe. 

Downing a glass of wine, he would use the inside of his jacket to dry it out. Then using a knife from his side he carved a small slit into his wrist and allowed wolf blood to pour until his healing stopped it. An eighth of the glass was filled, and he spoke, "You're the kind to play science, yes? You and I both know that vampires die from drinking Wolf's blood, and you can't use curses or hexing through it. Simply a reminder if you've forgotten. Experiment away with it. Before dawn rises I have several of my kin that have delivered a cold storage of blood to your side of the territory in the Old Ruins, tribute." 

So something actually good did come out of this ordeal, originally the Alpha was going to end Alicia once and for all but what was a pack without its Alpha? Auvunux turned and starts to leave, nothing else needed to be said, however he left off with, "In one week's time, as soon as the sun sets, you will meet me at the Old Ruin, alone. I will have no one with me to assure your safety. Until then, may God help you undead." 

Undead was a far better choice of words aside from Leech. At least, he thought it was. The truth of the fact was that in one week's time he wanted Alicia alone for his own experimentation. Only if the woman would hear his proposal out that night. If they really wanted to have "peace"  between their kind, she would show up. Auvunux did not stop walking until he was completely out of the Great Hall and now exiting the castle. 

"Well..." Toshiro starts, " ...I guess he came through? Wasn't expecting him to start off angry, normally he works up to it." 

"Amber, I already have your things in the RV, go ahead and get in there. I'll join you shortly." Toshiro sent out his message to his Thrall. 

• Love 2

Donovan wasn’t one for political interventions such as this. The talks were always changing the taste of the food. Then again the garlic was numbing his sense of smell and tastebuds so it was a less than satisfying meal. At least he felt the sensation of fullness since the plate was cleaned so easily. A brow wriggled upright as the telepathic conversation brought a fist to his mouth as he cleared his throat of the laughter that was ready to spill from it. In all his years he had never heard Toshiro get scolded so. Then again he was usually the pinnacle of what a butler should be.

How interesting this was for the mistress to threaten his thrall. If Donovan had his way she would not look so pleasing to the eye. Blood tasted better with fear and pain; at least he thought so. However he wasn’t sure if Alicia was serious or just a threat tactic. Either way it brought much joy to the individual to not be the one in trouble for once. 

As the conversation continued, and somewhere in that garbled mess peace was found. Tiresome. The nerve of this mutt to demand something of their mistress. Even Donovan had qualms with such a request but he stayed silent as ‘mummy and daddy’ were talking. There was no space for his opinions at this time. Even as the Alpha offered his blood as tribute it was still ominous how things turned out. Resting his chin on the back of his hands he turned to Toshiro and Alicia. “So negotiations were successful I take it? Wasn’t really paying attention.” He especially ignored the thrall as she was getting on his nerves. 

• Love 1

Aligning with these intruders was not completely out of the question. Of course he was right: if she did this then they'd undoubtedly desire a position a leadership. She was pretty confident that she could use this to her advantage. But the wolves weren't the only ones with a measure of pride. Most likely she would act against the outsiders. Still, she was more open to the idea.

When Auvunux downed the glass of wine Alicia had, for a moment, some hope that he might actually sit and talk. Perhaps he might even act civilized, at the very least. Then he wiped the glass clean, retrieved a knife, and spilled his blood into it. Suffice it to say, it was definitely not sterile enough for liking.

He could have asked for a sterilized glass. This is going to bug me.

Still, it was progress. He was willingly offering his blood. Curses? Hexing? She wouldn't require such things. No, if she wanted to use it against him then she had science at her disposal! But, for Toshiro's sake, she was trying to be pleasant. Despite his missteps he at least deserved that much. Besides, they were going to bring her even more samples.

So many experiments just opened up. I would call that a win.

A brow was arched at the wolf's demands. He wished to meet with her, one on one, at the old ruins. For what purpose she did not know. Perhaps he wished to negotiate in a way in which he could save face? Or maybe it was supposed to be a show of trust between them. It would be a good way to make an assassination attempt. At least, he might think it so. In reality it would work to her advantage. She worked best when there wasn't any collateral damage risks involved.

Very well.

Once the wolf had departed Alicia took up her utensils and continued to eat her meal. Why let the work of her servants go to waste? That could be considered rude, and Alicia was anything but! Well, most of the time.

"Mm. I had hoped to use that to my advantage."

She paused, glancing towards Amber as the girl fled. Then her gaze shifted towards Toshiro. "Going somewhere?" she asked, only to then have her attention pulled towards Donovan. "Less so than I had hoped for thanks to some meddling. But nothing that I cannot work with. I suppose the feast has come to an end."

• Love 2

"Mm, indeed I am." Toshiro bowed again, more in apology than anything, Alicia had been around him long enough to know sincerity and this was it. However though he smiled there was a sad expression in the Butlers eyes as he rose, otherwise to anyone else it was nothing more tbana pleasant expression.  How long has it been since this coming night? 

"Mistress Blackthorne, it has come time for my resignation," Toshiro announced to her,  not paying any mind to anyone else in the room, "I had paid all debts to this family and spent years helping its uprisings. However my time to move on has come now, and I would leave just before sunrise." 

Some vampires would think this was a blessing, however this was farther from the truth. Toshiro had singlehandedly managed the leadership role since Tiberius Blackthorne passed away, perhaps not directly but from the shadows instead. Scouting, supplies, training, maintaining the castle, and far things both big and small. Though he originally had faith in Alicia, these days his faith waned when she became more reclusive and childlike,  she was the head of Blackthorne but had the capacity of a spoilt child. No one not even the Mistress knew his rising disgust with them all, but in the end only wished good things for the Estate as a whole. 

However Toshiro stuck around this long because of an oath he made Tiberius, should his daughter show the responsibilities of a true Blackthorne then he would stay, but of she was not ready then he would leave. But the girl was old enough now to understand where the vampire had come from, he was always working tirelessly,  never have time to himself, and even made plenty of sacrifices more than what he should have. A reasonable person would see this as a long time coming, in truth it was a huge gap in security. Toshiro is the strongest of them all, but much like the Alpha of Midnight, his mind was made up a long time ago. 

• Sad 1

Donovan would nod just going along with the whole thing. So there was still peace, lucky them. Reaching for a glass of the blood infused vintage he would take a long sip only to spit it out and choke at Toshiro’s resignation. The fuck!? Coughing rather dramatically some ruby tinted tears welled up in the out corners of his eyes trying to catch his breath. Was that for real? The almighty Toshiro abandoning the family he had sworn to protect and serve? How unprecedented indeed. 

Regaining his composure he would slowly stand up. “That is probably the best news I have heard all day.” His voice for once had a twinge of something like disappointment which was not often. “I will take my leave as well Mistress. I have some things to take care of in the dungeons. Thank you for the meal.” Maybe he had grown accustomed to the old man being around. It was similar to when Tiberius was around, the demon doctor of the house did indeed have a soul it seemed, though buried deep deep down. Waving behind him he went to leave the Corpse-Sower let the two have their goodbyes. Things were changing in the castle. How strange. 

• Love 1

Alicia paused her meal, brow arching as her utensils were lowered.

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that.

As it turned out, Toshiro was planning on retiring. Now, she couldn't say that it couldn't come at a worse time, because she could think of a few off the top of her head, but this certainly wasn't good news. At least, not for her, and not for the coven. He certainly deserved the break, however. He had been serving the family for much longer than she'd been alive. After everything, this is what would prompt it. It seemed kind of silly, in all honesty, but she could understand it. Perhaps she'd taken a bit heavier hand than she should have, but there wasn't any going back on it now.

Finally tearing her gaze away from her dinner, the little Vampire slid out from her seat, hands brushing over her dress in order to smooth out the fabric. A simple nod was cast in Donovan's direction as he departed. Then she turned towards Toshiro, raising a hand to adjust her glasses. What was the most prudent thing to do in this situation? In all honesty, she wasn't good at this whole leadership thing. Losing him was going to be costly. And, truth be told, it did sadden her. Sure, she was never one to get very close to anyone, but she'd had fond memories of the man growing up. He had always been there when she needed him.

Stepping over, she'd pause for a moment before the man, only to then lean in to give him a gentle hug. They were alone. She could show a moment of weakness.

"I apologize. You know that I am new to this sort of thing. Even so, you are most deserving of a proper, peaceful retirement, and you have my blessings. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything that you have done not just for me, but for my family. Feel free to return whenever you wish. I shall genuinely miss you, Toshiro. Take care."

With that said she released her grip upon the man, turned, and departed for her laboratory. Science was always a good way to cheer herself up. Truth be told, she didn't know what she was going to do now. Meeting with Auvunux was certainly necessary, but she had a whole week to kill first.

(((Moving to Master Bedchamber)))

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

With the sudden hustle and bustle of the Great Hall and kitchens, the meeting of the Blackthorne's was a last minute call if anything. But even with the disappearance of Alicia with only a note left behind the staff of the castle both Human and Vampire did not cease their ongoings. If anything it allowed for tense situations between others and Alicia to die off and people seemed a lot more alleviated if anything. There were hopes of the newest heir of the Seat of Blackthorne of Pine Heart, many were wishing this one was a bit more active than Alicia, perhaps more so charismatic and somewhat "benevolent" just like Tiberius. One could only hope. 

Entering the very clean and obviously set Grand Hall, Toshiro led the group into the large interior that was designed of a Victorian era style appearance, it was beautiful with the natural and polish of wood and marble. All other chairs around were set upside down on the dining tables except for the furthest, a long table made of a darker oak and decorated with candles, plates and silverware. Toshiro stopped and beckoned the group to the long table with a welcoming gesture, Treighton passed the butler and took his place at the furthest end where he could easily see everyone else. Edward and Ivan were directed to two seats closest to the Crow Father, there was a sudden twitch of his right finger that only Toshiro, Antoinette, and Idris knew could mean. There was to be blood spilled tonight, but no one would know who. 

Once everyone was settled, Treighton cleared his throat as a maid offered blood wine, a mixture of fermented blood, honey and ree grape, however he only opted for white wine. He was in no mood for life essence this night. The servants continued to service their masters, providing the needs of food and whatever other requirements they desired before moving on to provide an entree, only by their masters orders of what they want. As long as they were treated well, they treated their masters with the respect they desired. 

"Family, brothers, nephew, niece, we have gathered here of the upmost importance on the departure of our beloved Alicia Blackthorne. Her role here has been to fill the seat of leadership, however due to certain circumstances she has agreed to aid and take rule of a clan in Alaska, shutting off access of the clans in Canada and thereof. With the main seat of the Coven vacant here in North America, Montana, and the encroaching heavy snowfall soon, there is to be a new heir upon the seat. Our only viable choice is Antoinette... However, upon Tiberius Blackthornes request," Treighton pulled out a rather thick letter and set it on the table, "He had requested to consider those who are well within their experience and power to be capable of so. Unfortunately half of the family could not attend, so we are left with two choices, Antoinette and Idris. Any who oppose these choices?"

Father Ortega followed the family, following Treighton's summons, taking his post silently by the door, allowing himself to blend in with the ornate furniture around the room. He politely waves away the offer of blood wine. He is here as a matter of duty,  his job to provide security and any information if asked. There would be time for wine later, in his study with his beloved tomes. Truth be told, Sebastián is ill at ease, and had been since the emergency meeting had been called. Having this much of the family all in one place is always a risk, and there had not been time to do the security assessment as well as he liked. The old inquisitor is detailed oriented, the chances of him missing something are slim, but that does little to quiet his doubts. Then there was the stunt Blaze had pulled earlier in the evening. The assembled elder vampires would make short work of a fully enraged werewolf should it come to that, but in close quarters and without preparations it would not be without loss. It was a reckless move, even by Blaze's relative standards. What other foolishness did the other members of the family have planned, he wonders.

Sebastián listens to the Crow Father's speech, and ponders the options, though whatever his opinions he keeps them to himself. He is not family.  He does not get a say. No matter who is in charge he will continue his duties faithfully. His loyalty, as always, is not to a single leader, or even to the Blackthorne family, but to the institution of the Coven.

• Like 1
  • Love 1