Kitchen and Wine Cellar

Just down the halls stalked the annoyed vampire. How annoying! So god damn annoying! Toshiro that fucker had him all over the castle doing this and that. He was a Corpse-Sower not his dog. Honestly he would have preferred being in the dungeons torturing a couple new bloods maybe conduct some experiments on the multitude of blood bags being held there. Humans were repulsive, some even entertaining however Donovan disliked the thralls in the castle the most. Toshiro treated his like she was equal footing as them, that was not a value Donovan had. 

The smell of something was in the air. Not food no this was something more carnal and raunchy. A smirk befell his features. Sex? Ah the smell was dimming as it seemed it was being cleaned up. What ever it wasn’t his interest in the moment. Stopping at the wooden door her kicked it open with a loud WHAM against the stone. Some splinters flaking off as he found a surprised Thrall and it’s master. “What did you want you son of a bitch?!” He snarled as his gaze darkened with anger and annoyance. Eyes darted to the thrall as he glanced her once over; disgusting. He hissed under his breath and stood there waiting for an answer.

• Love 1

Amber fixed her clothes before hugging him tightly whispering "do you have a spell to guarantee a baby? A family with you for the rest of your life sounds like heaven and I want that life so badly Toshiro" when the door was slammed open and amber saw who it was she instantly screamed in fear and hid behind Toshiro not wanting to be targeted by the vampire. All thralls saw Donovan as evil incarnate and did their best to never be in the same room as him and now she was scared as hell.

Edited by Rena-Amane
  • Love 1

Donavan heard the small conversation and that made his skin crawl. Then again the offspring would an interesting spectacle. A new test subject perhaps?  Seeing her reaction made his face draw blank. That reaction was normal, though she must not have had much faith in her ‘owner’ to such an adverse distancing. This cause a prickling of the skin on him as he held back a cackle, instead just baring his fangs in and ear to ear grin. “Good you should be scared..” He hissed as the shadows around him began to shift and loom around them. It was exhilarating watching her face pale and the fear consume her being. Her very own boogie man.

• Love 1

Toshiro was about to answer Amber until the wood door slammed open, an angry Donovan waltzing through. Thirty feet they were apart from each other, Amber shown some fear and the Corpse Sower soaked it up like a sponge. How rude. The moment that Donovan used magic, the moment he blinked Toshiro was no there, abd suddenly Donovan would feel Butlers hands across his head. 

Before the much younger vampire child react the Butler twisted his head completely around, severing his brainstem from the rest pfbthe body and thus hindering his shadows. It wouldn't kill him, he could even still speak but his body was useless now. Had a vampire greater done this to Ito he'd be in the same boat. He cleared his throat, now holding the vampire up by his head, he looked over the Vampires form and to his Thrall, "Amber, nothing else is to be said, please vacate the area. I will join you later." 

As soon as the Human did leave Toshiro let the body flop to the ground, a vampire of Donovans age can easily heal from it,  but this was a show of simple power that of he wanted to, he could easily kill Donovan. Toshiro walked over tonthe cold bowl of wheat soup and said in a deeper and less friendly tone, "Mistress Alicia was the one who asked for you, not me personally. So knock off the attitude befire I completely rip off your head. With that outvof the way,  she is wanting you to travel to the Wolves Den, Midnight Mansion,  and give a pleasant invitation to the Alpha only to join the Mistress for a dinner and... Renegotiations." 

Toshiro turned to the vampire, why did Donovan hate him so much? Was it that the Butler was far more superior I every way, maybe it was the fact that Toshiro treated the Humans with respect and treated them with equal footing? Whatever the case, Donovan knew that Amber and other's Thralls were off limits, a golden rule that Alicia's gather, Tiberius Blackthorne,  permanently put in place. Oddly, the former master viewed Humans almost like Toshiro did albeit was less respectful to them in many ways. 

• Love 1

A blink, no more Toshiro and instead a palm flip his handsome face. The room spun and his vision was facing the door. ‘Huh… I don’t remember turning around.’ The thought ran through his head. “Gah ack!” Blood would spurt from his lips as he felt the aftermath of the cracking in his neck muscles and spine. How petty all because of that human woman? For fucks sake! “Tch!” Donovan would spit the blood from his mouth as he was held up by Toshiro’s whim.

The younger vamp didn’t hate Toshiro because he was stronger, honestly that was probably the coolest part about him. No, his affinity for humans, his delusional afflictions and notions of love and respect were lost to the psychopath. He loved once and she was taken from him. That was all fine and dandy it was the past. However humans were ignorant bigoted and a destructive species. Having lived as long as he has, he has seen the worst of human history. Power hungry, greedy beings. When Donovan was turned by his maker it was out of convenience. He should have died, burned with those other bodies. This was a deep scar he could not get rid of and it wasn’t one to be seen. 

When the human left he began to heal as steam started to roll up through his shirts collar. A rapid spin and a limp stance his posture was fixed and his head was back in its proper position. Listening to him gripe about a duty he quirked a brow, frowning as he cracked his neck. “That is a really bad idea to send me.” Her snickered wiping any remaining blood off his chin grinning at the idea. “I’m the last anyone should be be telling to go and send and invitation. But if Alicia insists then I have no choice in the matter do I?” Donovan knew better than to try and fight, he preferred guerrilla tactics anyway. He had no formal training nor did he care to get any from the man in front of him. He would rather burn in the sun than deal with that mess.

Scrunching his nose and snarling some still showing hostility he finally just shrugged his shoulders and smiled that dubious smile. “Who knows maybe I will find some test subjects there anyway. Haven’t had the pleasure of dissecting a wolf in a while.” He shuddered from the thought as it brought him much delight. “When do I leave?” 

• Love 1

"Immediately, actually.  The night isn't so young now, so you must make haste. We would have had someone else do it however it seems tonignt everyone is preoccupied. And I implore you to not do anything stupid, harming a wolf, kidnapping one, even a Human on their territory... You will doom us all if it comes to that." Toshiro warned, and it was the first time his words were serious toward Donovan. It wasn't met with a smile, but a foreboding glance. Everything was riding on Donovan now, in truth, it was to see if the Corpse Sower coud do it. There were reasons he had never been considered for other ranks. 

• Woohoo 1

Huffing some he would cross his arms over his chest before rolling his eyes. Head shaking somewhat in both disbelief and inconvenience. Palming his face Donovan would drag it hearing the other drone on about how he was to be a ‘good boy’ for the task. “Fine fine FINE!” He really just wanted him to shut up. Any fuck ups probably meant disciplinary action which normally he wouldn’t care. However it was Toshiro he was speaking with. Alicia he could normally charm his way out of it by assisting her in her experiments. Removing the hand away from his face he would wave goodbye tauntingly before heading for the door. “See you soon~” With that he disappeared into the darkness his presence no longer able to be felt close by anymore. Off to see the werewolves!

[End Scene]

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

@Kitsuyumia

Molly sings softly to herself in Irish, an old song her mother used to sing, as she considers the many bottles stored here. So many choices, though even as impulsive as she is Molly knows better then to touch any vintage older then she is. But wine is not the reason she came here. Well, not the only reason. She spent the last few weeks learning Yara's work schedule so that she can "accidentally" encounter her away from the prying eyes of the rest of the Blackthorne family. Molly finds Yara fascinating, as well as seeing the young dhampir as a fellow black sheep and potential ally - of course Molly has always been one to freely mix business and pleasure so if she can have a little fun all the better. She finds the vintage she is looking for, something mild and lightly sweet, removing it from the safety of the wine rack.

Molly, and her newly retrieved prize, takes a seat on the counter, facing the door into the kitchen. Now she just has to wait for the young maid to make her rounds.

The Young Empathic Dhampir Yara would approach the kitchen after having spent significant time cleaning the great baths. And she would be looking for something to eat. But as she approached she could sense the devious and deceptive nature that she usually sensed around Molly as she approached the door, as her Empathy did have a small range to it. As such she was aware the famously irresponsible Vampiress was waiting inside.

She passed through the doors and saw Molly sitting on the counter in wait. And upon geyting closer she could identify that the Vampiress wanted to speak to her. "Hello Ms. Connelly you want to speak with me?" she said as soon as she had entered immediately going ro make herself something to eat while the conversation was started.

"And please don't bother trying to charm me. That would only get you in yrouble again." her Arabic accent coming out thick as she spoke her words.

Edited by Kitsuyumia

Molly's ears perk up, as she hears the approaching footsteps, she smells the air for Yara's perfume - heightened senses are one of the perks that come with being a predator.

"Trouble?" Molly asks, in a sweet Irish brogue, "Is that what they're saying about me now?"

Of course she wouldn't try to mystically charm another vampire ... at least not if she thought she would be caught. To call the response to such things negative is an understatement. However, that is not the only sort of charm that Molly posses. With a deft hand she opens the wine using an old tool of worn wooden and steel usually reserved for the kitchen staff, and pours it into two goblets. She makes a show of tasting one, savoring the notes of black cherry and the hint of oak. Molly flashes a smile, enticing and mischievous, showing just a touch of fang

"They're not wrong. But who doesn't like a little bit o' trouble every now and again?"

Molly weaves an illusion around the dark crimson liquid in the other chalice, mellowing the bitter tannins of the young wine, before holding it forward, offering it to Yara "And please, call me Molly."

Edited by DoctoroMindbender

Yara looked over at Molly as she held the glass out. However Yara did not take it as she was technically still on the clock. " Firstly I dont like purposely getting in or causing trouble. Secondly I have to return to work shortly so I can't have any alcohol just yet. Is there a point to all this? I prefer if you just cut to the point instead of all this patronizing. " Yara said as her hands worked to quickly assemble something to eat. She was wary of Molly's intentions so as such she was reluctant to take any hand outs from the woman just yet.  Plus Yara always preferred being straight forward to a degree.

There was something refreshing about Yara's bluntness, but it would not deter Molly, she liked a woman who played hard to get. Tonight, however, her first purpose was business. She gently set the chalice she had filled for Yara, next to the maid's plate, letting it sit there, enticingly. Then she took another sip of her own, enjoying the taste, before continuing.

"Why do you have to be like that?" Molly said, putting on her best pout, "But have it your way."

Molly relaxed the posture she put on as a facade, or perhaps this is another facade, she dropped the flirtatious tone for one more natural, "Truth? This was an ambush. I wanted to talk to you away from the prying eyes of the elder members of the family. They don't respect us. Either of us. If ... and I mean if ... we're lucky one day we might get to be their trusted lap dogs. Or, we might end up staked out in the sun for sport. Our best chance is cooperation."

She flashed her trademark smile again, giving Yara an enticing look over the chalice as she continues to sip "Besides, you should give trouble a chance. You might just like it."

• 8 months later...

Another stormy night, another fucking dollar, Thought Atsuno as he traversed the halls of Castle Blackthorne. Since he's been back there have been far and between operations he accomplished on behalf of the Estate, not that he really needed to. Sabotage, espionage, assassination, theft, reconnaissance, whatever the Master needed he was always there to deliver. Except that he was never really chosen to carry out the task. Why? 

"I need someone more reliable and skilled. You'll have to wait till next time." Said that cunt of a fucking Founder that took over. Always with the prejudice against Humans that one, and it's not like Atsuno wasn't qualified- He literally spent decades learning from the best vampiric assassin how to kill vampires! You can't just pass up on that!!! He sighed, being stuck in this God forsaken place was one thing but he had nothing to do, others constantly avoid the guy because he's well versed in five different languages of cuss words combined with a feisty attitude tend to lead into a lot of engagements. And not the sexual kind. 

Whatever. He was gonna need some dinner anyhow, maybe steak and baked potato... And some steamed asparagus with a garlic butter glaze. That sounded like it could lift the mood. Maybe also supporting his habit and investing in some white win... Nah, wine's for pussies. Whiskey was the way to go! Atsuno entered the empty kitchen, well past dinner he reckoned but nonetheless he would instantly move to start his prep. 

• Like 1

A white skinned woman vampire made her way around the castle, seeming pretty serene as she was enjoying the day for the time being. Being rather young for an adult vampire, she did not do much except stay in the castle but she still involved herself in trying to get closer to others, even helping if any needed help with anything, be it thralls, mostly maids, or other vampires. During a break, she found herself close to the kitchen and stopped nearby to relax, seeing it empty except for one person inside. Raising an eyebrow gently, she moved in closer to look at the man with her single red eye not hidden behind her hair. Lilium knew it probably was not her business but she thought to at the very least greet the person. "Hello...?", she said softly. With her long dark robe, she probably did not fit there very well but Lilium did not really stop herself from going to places she was not supposed to. She did not exactly need food either, making it even more strange to see her there.

Edited by Goddess Aurora
  • Like 1

As Atsuno starts to grill his food he heated a soft greeting, a callout from a voice he didn't recognize. The Human turned his head to see a woman with a long tube on entering the kitchen. An eye catcher this one, but he remained cooking while the woman entered fully into his view. There was a recognition with the face and physique but Atsuno couldn't quite place it, he normally memorized people but this one was a bit of a miss. 

"Yeah, someone's here. Wait... Oh you're umm... Aluminum right? Or Lithium?" Atsuno asked as he watched the lady, vampire no less that this hellhole attracts. He was horrible with names. 

Just as Atsuno finished his steak he closed the oven lid to let the wrapped baked potatoes cook for a bit, the steaks were let to sizzle on the indoor grill of the kitchen. Smells filled the kitchen of simple but delicious flavors of what was about to be, he was no novice when it came to cooking, one day he'll have a woman of his own... Maybe not now, but perhaps give it a couple hundred years?

• Like 1

The woman watched the man cook, staying quiet as he tried to guess her name, not exactly using charming names to guess hers. "It's Lilium...", she precised softly. "I believe that many call me Lady Lilium... But I cannot say that I am very fond of it. Only Lilium will do.", she added, her eye looking at him with a recognizable kindness in her expression even with her hair hiding a part of her face. Hesitating to leave the person alone, she stood still for now. "Pardon me for following you here, I thought it would be proper for me to say hello.", Lilium told him, her gaze shifting to the food he was making. She could only really enjoy it by scent alone. "You seem to know your way with preparing food. I hope you will enjoy yourself.", a gentle smile formed on her lips, her hands joining each others in front of herself. "Perhaps you would like company, while you eat?", she finally asked calmly, thinking that perhaps spending a moment here would not be too bad for now.

Edited by Goddess Aurora
  • Like 1

"Ehhh... I wouldn't mind the company. Get's lonely these days." Atsuno replies leaning against a warm portion of the counter, he made sure to avoid leaning on the grill whilst hod steaks finished. 

Upon further inspection the lady was indeed a vampire, her skin was pale with raven black hair, all Atsuno could see was head features and nothing else beyond the robe. It left the allure of mystery, was she wearing anything else? Was she not? That wasn't for the Human to know, especially with these weird ass vampires and their "dark and mysterious" ways. Why can't he ever meet a normal undead, like a nerd or maybe even a jock or someone casual as hell? Sometimes he wished he hadn't of struck a deal with Toshiro some odd years ago, now he's stuck without a master which would be nice if Atsuno wasn't loosing the attributes that thralls have. 

"So, Miss Lilium," Atsuno starts as he flips his steak, "What brings you to the kitchen? Couldn't imagine you're hungry. I could make you a steak if you'd like? It ain't filet mignon but it's good food." 

• Like 1

Lilium observed him, smiling to his welcoming of her offer. However, as she was standing there and observing him, she felt a little uneasy as he seemed to be gauging her or the likes. Perhaps her look or her skin was what made him curious. A white skinned vampire was nothing new very unlikely but she was very white for one. Still, she did not react in any ways, simply waiting for the time being, perhaps a bit more creepily than intended. After all, they were alone and she was a black robed vampire, looking mysterious with barely revealing anything, in the middle of the kitchen. She thought perhaps the vibe she was giving off wasn't as bad as she was thinking. Being curious about her was part of being who she was, after all.

When he finally spoke, her expression changed to being a little surprised. "Oh, please no need to call me Miss... But I do not mind if you do.", she said, watching his food a bit again that he flipped. When she was offered food, her expression changed with her eye looking away to the left while she took a small step back. "No, I do not have this kind of hunger... But please do not be concerned. I was merely wishing to greet you. I am afraid that I cannot eat the kind of food that you eat.", she explained while looking back toward him then curtsying gently. "Thank you for the offer, however, I very much appreciate the thought.", Lilium told him with a honest smile, figuring that she should be sitting to not make this more awkward than it was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Ah, well of you're wanting any i got plenty. Metabolism's a bitch to keep track of sometimes." Atsuno states finishing the last bit of steak and vegetables. 

The Human set's everything on a plate, any additional dishes were rinsed off and left beside the sink so he could get to it later, no sense in letting the food get cold just to get things washed. He pulled one of the knives specifically used for cutting cooked meats, for the love of God he had to learn that when he first came to the Blackthorne Estate for proper procedure of eating a damn steak. He wasn't one for the luxurious things in life, only the finer. The man adjusts the food on his large serving plate, having made four mighty steaks seasoned to perfection with scalloped potatoes and grilled, garlic glazed asparagus. 

"So Miss Lilium, how long you been with Blackthorne?" Atsuno asks probably the most simple, not commonly asked question. 

• Like 1

Keeping watch of this human, Lilium politely shook her head to the offer but still looked impressed with the result of his cooking. Humans could prepare the best looking things ever. They could just be so crafty and while she could not really partake in enjoying it, she was still amazed to the results of their work. The knife that he had pulled seemed pretty sharp but she did not flinch, simply observing. With the amount of food he had made, she came to wonder how he would manage to eat it all but that part was not any of her business. Her eye shifted its gaze to the dishes and while it didn't bother her, she thought that maybe she could make herself useful while she was there. Moving to them, she started preparing the sink to wash any dishes or tools that the man had used.

As she was asked a question, Lilium turned her head toward him. "A decent while ago, I would say... Whatever it would mean for you humans.", she said with a smile, being mysteriously vague. "And you? I do not remember having seen you before, I believe...", she added softly before she focused on this task she had given herself, even humming a small melody very quietly, barely enough to hinder the sound of any replies the human would give her. Whether she enjoyed what she was doing or not, she was still happy with help regardless and she was not afraid of doing some efforts.

Edited by Goddess Aurora
  • Like 1

"Me? Been around since Vietnam, got picked up by a Blackthorne way back when... Damn, it really was a while back? Time flies, should be an old man right now." Atsuno finished with a light banner. He knew the effects of being a Thrall to vampires, he can feel how far the designated master was and their emotion, heightened senses to that of a canine and eyesight of a hawks if he focused hard enough; Superhuman physiology, and importantly eternal youth. But given he has no master Atsuno knows in time he'll regress into a normal Human... He didn't know if he wanted that, it'd be like a fresh breath of air but being so used to one thing it felt alien to want anything else. 

• Like 1

Lilium turned to him, looking confused. "Vi-et... nam?", she asked, trying to pronounce it right. The girl was not all cultured about humans and their business. After looking up in thoughts for a bit, she eyed back to him. "Well, you should be glad that you're not... Humans do not last very long, do they?", she asked casually while looking back to the dished and finishing them before drying her hands, nodding to herself. Lilium then walked back to where he was and finally took a seat nearby to rest her legs. "To say 'time flies' is an interesting way to explain the passage of time. I am not sure I understand the idea of thinking that time may bear wings, though...", she said, her eye seeming to looking up in thoughts again, seemingly serious. "At any rates, I hope you are enjoying this time spent at the castle. These meals certainly seem to be one good motivation to stay alive...", she joked lightly, thinking that it must be lucky for him to be able to enjoy such things.

• Like 1

Atsuno... Wasn't sure how to respond to the lady. Was she seriously that disconnected from society? Being a vampire meant that she was much older than him, she should have knowledge of at least the most mundane of American history! Whatever, it wasn't his business to ask questions like that, all he knew right now was the lady seemed like she needed company. Swallowing the clump of meat, Atsuno had to think of what else to say afterall it was rude to keep the lady talking on her lonesome. 

"Huh... Well it's sustenance for me. Apparently you creatures of the night drink blood, apparently some vampires will use a light amount of blood on food like this to actually taste what they're missing... Just a small amount," Atsuno's advice was a thorough project way back when he was just a minor Thrall, untrained and unfocused on the world beyond that of the mortal. He was going to die until he suggested something, now it was commonplace for many vampires to eat ordinary Human food with a bit of blood and somehow, someway, it sated that thirst. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lilium watched her interlocutor but also looked at the food a little as he explained his point. "Creature of the night has a good sound to it. Yes, I mostly feed on blood. I am not sure that I want to try human food yet but I am still glad that you get to enjoy it. Especially with how much heart that you seem to put into preparing it.", she said with a soft smile, but not staring too much as to not be rude. "Please forgive me if my company is of little entertainment. You must have been wondering why someone like me would come to such a place, dressed this way.", the vampire girl told Atsuno. "I assure you that my reasons are for none other than spend time with some different kinds of persons. Everyone seems to be about their business but I enjoy to spend time with everyone alike.", she continued as she gave him a honest smile. "There is no place where I would not go to meet with someone. Except perhaps for...", she started again and her eye looked away as she had gone quiet, perhaps for the best as she felt that she should not bore this person with more trivialities as he was trying to eat his meal in peace. Not to mention that she was being quite chatty as well.

Looking at the man again, Lilium thought about something. "Would would like to do anything with a companion after you are done eating, mister...?", she politely queried.

Edited by Goddess Aurora
  • Like 1