General OOC

49 minutes ago, Warning said:

Well, that surely would be fun. She can't disguise well (Like Exzel does) in public though. She's "humanoid" but she's grey with markings so that's gonna not be too subtle. I'm just not sure of her affinity. I mean, she would be a demon but now the question is. Do all demons have to be evil so to speak? She would not ally herself to heroes but she might not necessarily want to hurt people. She would be "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness", though. She will absolutely fight if she is threatened. And be playful when she wants to be.

That is the good question.  Yeah, I want demon/monster/alien allies of the Girls/Knights to be extremely rare, if they exist as all.  But in their worlds there might be some who don’t necessarily care what happens to humans, focus on their own people.  Something like that could be possible.

• Love 1

So... Let's say that Micori is playful but kind in nature. (Again, no mistaking kindness for weakness), ally or not, is it possible that a friendship with a non demon character is built? I came to realize Micori is basically the same as an enemy character I had in another story. Not exactly a friend of the good side but wouldn't kill them. If anything, playful and a bit rough. In the darkest times, when things really mattered, that other character did the conscious choice of helping heroes but only because she was mistreated on her side.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, note that I was speaking of another character that I have who happens to have the same persona or about. That other character was too playful for her own good and sometimes punished for not following orders OR for failing to succeed a mission given to her. It became cruel enough that she basically went "fuck all of you, I'm leaving." Even the enemies treated her better. XD I would not want to confuse who I talk about, anyway. Now Micori has a similar trait but probably not under the orders of anyone. I dunno actually.

The whole "Don't mistake kindness for weakness" means Micori will not pull her punches (Or kicks in her case. Even the fighting style between both is similar) but yeah, she will not actively try to kill them either. It all depends on the context behind why she has to fight. (If she follows order or do it on her own accord for chaotic reasons). Which I'm not sure if she'd do the latter. She might seek something out of it, fun, pleasure, etc. But this is why I also wondered if it's possible she develops some friendship with someone non-demon.

I dunno if I can picture her heartless enough to simply have her way with someone and leave them afterwards. Well, if we don't consider her social semblance of her image, she might have been ruthless before as well. I am still brainstorming ideas for her. Which brought to the whole "Is it possible that she could develop a friendship with a non-demon character or is there a political or objective rule that would completely cut the chances of it happening?" And I do not have plans for anyone or anything. I'm just really asking.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Did I vote for both versions of Ryan? I'm,  I meant the female version or however that worked.  Which I got plenty of time to wait as well, y'all just let me know when we're ready to roll

Yeah, you voted both.  Thought it could have been an accident, either way is good for me and stick to her as a girl after her power eventually awakens.

There is also the possibility people could play more than one version of a character’s story.  Independent stories with the same character, going in different directions.  Especially incompatible branching stories.  For example could play separate stories where Emi is broken and joins her father, and another where she helps defeat him and stays heroic.  Smaller differences could be done with other characters.

Not anything anyone has to do.  But I would okay with anyone doing that.

• Love 2

Alright. I got Exzel out there now, in a fairly interesting dimensional nexus. 😅

Would make a great place to travel between worlds/dimensions/realities if we ever need that at any point. Otherwise, no worries, it's just out there in the multiverse.

If some demon, monster or anyone that makes sense wants to pop in while she's there for a little conversation or anything, I'm fine with that. Zorn maybe, if he found a potal and he's there looking to recruit allies? Otherwise I'll get back to it eventually, and get her to Earth at some point.

I'll be working a lot the next few days, not sure I'll have time to be around much, but we'll see. Maybe things will be slow.

Edited by Balthier

Just so we're clear since nobody responded to me. (And I know I can be annoying with questions but it's mostly my ADHD and roleplay passion speaking). So I imagine demons and magical girls can't ever be friends right? I also want to acknowledge what Satai said earlier: "I want demon/monster/alien allies of the Girls/Knights to be extremely rare" so I'm only asking if it's seen the same way. I think the better question is "Can a demon get along with a magical girl anyhow". Sorry if I post again and annoy someone. Again... I'm just passionate about this.

By the way, If Micori came to exist, she probably wouldn't be able to traverse dimensions. In fact, I don't even know how far the "world" goes so it's hard to say. She probably would be on earth or some other world appropriate for demons. (I'll let someone who knows about this tell me.) Then I might make a bio for her if things are favorable for her appearance.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

I cannot answer your questions with anything approaching an authoritative response, because I don't know. 😅 However, it's not an annoying question. I'd say ask away.

However, if you want to bring in Micori, I'm all for it. Exzel could find her and portal her to Earth at some point. I'm assuming they were friends or acquaintances at some point earlier if we go that route. Traveling and transporting is what Exzelcryth does after all.

I was just waiting for you to get a good feel for what you wanted before checking with you about if you wanted me to write her in at some point. Just tell me you're ready and I can write her in, if that suits you.

Edited by Balthier

Don’t worry.  You aren’t annoying, I’ve been carried away with the story.  Like I said, not never but certainly extremely rarely.  I guess it depends on what you mean by get along.  There are the broken girls of course, as for the good ones.  I guess it depends on the details, how they meet, continue to interact,

It’s a very big setting.  Not just Earth, I’ve mentioned a few times, aliens are among the enemies they fight.  The demons are a mix of coming from things like underground, underwater, other isolated places or dimensions, generally via portal in that case.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, SataiRolePlayingGuy said:

Don’t worry.  You aren’t annoying, I’ve been carried away with the story.  Like I said, not never but certainly extremely rarely.  I guess it depends on what you mean by get along.  There are the broken girls of course, as for the good ones.  I guess it depends on the details, how they meet, continue to interact,

It’s a very big setting.  Not just Earth, I’ve mentioned a few times, aliens are among the enemies they fight.  The demons are a mix of coming from things like underground, underwater, other isolated places or dimensions, generally via portal in that case.

Oh no, I read about the corruption thing but that would not really fit as "get along". More like "control". What I mean is almost "befriend". I mean, unless demons all see magical girls and humans like trash then I might have to change the angle I'm trying to approach this with. I supposed that since Micori is not exactly evil by nature, she might get along with someone who doesn't try to kill her. However, it might be more difficult for this particular characters if demons are not supposed befriend any humans (And I don't mean corrupting them).

This said, if it's a negative, I will not bite more than I can chew. I'm already glad that I made Mitsuko at all. It's a lot for me, considing the godly researches I've done. x.x

4 minutes ago, Balthier said:

@Warning If you want her to meet up with Exzel in The Shore, by all means, feel free to drop in. Or take more time to figure it out, it's all good with me, either way.

I might wait due to the above situation. Last thing I'd want is to rush and mess it all up for myself and everyone. I'll wait for answer but go ahead, really. IF I get any sorts of working ideas, I'll involve this character in due time. OR another one, depending on what fits the most. Thank you for the offer, however. This is very appreciated. Please don't wait.

Edited by Warning
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you! Yes, she is a Valkyrie like magical girl. A flying warrior but she might be a little bit "Level 1" to start so probably not many skills except her own. I will probably actually focus on her to begin with before I already start on someone else. She won't be that strong to begin with so I'm not sure about "tough in a fight" yet. She is athletic but not trained.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Warning said:

Oh no, I read about the corruption thing but that would not really fit as "get along". More like "control". What I mean is almost "befriend". I mean, unless demons all see magical girls and humans like trash then I might have to change the angle I'm trying to approach this with. I supposed that since Micori is not exactly evil by nature, she might get along with someone who doesn't try to kill her. However, it might be more difficult for this particular characters if demons are not supposed befriend any humans (And I don't mean corrupting them).

This said, if it's a negative, I will not bite more than I can chew. I'm already glad that I made Mitsuko at all. It's a lot for me, considing the godly researches I've done. x.x

I might wait due to the above situation. Last thing I'd want is to rush and mess it all up for myself and everyone. I'll wait for answer but go ahead, really. IF I get any sorts of working ideas, I'll involve this character in due time. OR another one, depending on what fits the most. Thank you for the offer, however. This is very appreciated. Please don't wait.

They don’t all hate humans, though the ones that don’t mostly are indifferent more than anything.  It probably isn’t completely impossible, though it would probably require rather unusual circumstances.

Wednesday and Friday are generally my quietest days.  Though some Wednesdays, including this one, it should just be most of the morning and maybe a little early afternoon.

• Love 1

Stories are flexible.  Ryan may be going to the convention in a different context.  There is a good chance all this fun in the van coming up will directly or indirectly lead to Ryan's awakening this night.  A real team beginning to form, a new sort of fun for him.  And beginning to figure out whether he is really boy or girl.

• Love 2

Well this is nice. I think I'm ready whenever myself. At least for some introduction with Mitsuko somehow. I have an idea of where she'd start. Many, even. Dunno if it would involve anyone to begin with unless someone is not far from her. My character is the only schoolgirl, I think. She can always go out somewhere but yeah.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Balthier said:

Was the city everyone is active in right now named, or did I miss it? Or is it just kind of a generic city?

None that I'm aware. Satai seems to imply that the war is global but the story may want us to not be too far apart. Although, to be fair, aliens can go wherever they like. Demons can come out and portal wherever they like. My character can fly (Although a magical girl probably would not do country traveling but still). I checked the story and threads and no names seem to be mention. So really, you can do whatever makes sense or leave it vague until the Host makes a decision on that regard. I doubt any starting location will be an issue.

Disclaimer: None of this is meant to decide anything for Satai. Just putting my reasoning on the way we could proceed with this based on what information we have.

• Love 1

Everything right now is close together.  But that was the idea about regional teams.  If we continue to get more members and characters, there could be multiple teams in widely different stories, distant places, only connected by the setting.

I had not had a specific city in mind.  It becomes more relevant if we have other teams.  It could be a fictional city.  Being Magical Girl focused and all, it could be in Japan, or it might be somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SataiRolePlayingGuy said:

I had not had a specific city in mind.  It becomes more relevant if we have other teams.  It could be a fictional city.  Being Magical Girl focused and all, it could be in Japan, or it might be somewhere else.

I was thinking japan for myself. Well, when it comes to my character as she really is japanese in name and look. (Name was not meant to be a weeb XD)

• Like 1

Right, just wanted to get a rough idea when I'm writing.

Japan seems fitting for magical girls. Though this suddenly gave me an idea to have a stereotypical western themed magical exchange girl from America come over. 🤣

If we want to settle on a region/city I vote for Kyoto and surrounding area, that seems under used compared to Tokyo. Whatever fits though. Otherwise I can just assume, somewhere in Japan.

Edited by Balthier