GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

*Jerell regarded the Red Wizard warmly to try to put him at ease. Though in his experience, arcane magic users tended to be fairly selfish in motives and full of hubris compared to divine channelers, he tried his best to not pre-judge him. He kept his tone polite and friendly. (Jerell is skilled in diplomacy, as well as having a boost from an Aasimar's natural charisma)*

"Red Wizard, well met. With aspirations to craft such a... contraption. Are you a tinkerer as well, or only a dabbler in the arcane?"

*Responding to Nishka*

"Blessed Iomedae's domains are righteous valor, justice, and honour. As a priest of Iomedae, I am able to channel a small bit of her divine power and blessings to aid or heal people. In the cosmic exchange, I try to uphold her ideals and bring her virtues too people.  I would be happy to discuss the matter as further as you like Miss Nishka.

I think I understand what you say of balance, my personnel task is to keep evil down when they try to get to uppity. It's an eternal struggle, and I was taught there's a natural cycle to good and evil as day and night. As well, some stars are brightest at night, and some clouds darkest at day. Shar is darkness of the void without the light of stars or the moon. She is quite unnatural. It will take very bright stars indeed to light her sky even a little."

Edited by Balthier

*Darius thinks on how to best respond to the cleric, he was well aware of the political and philosophical differences between arcane and divine spell casters*

"I would saw I am a master of the arcane, in a similar way that your God is a master of justice."

*He couldn't think of a better compliment that compare a God to himself, but he his tone was playful enough to come out as a joke, maybe one in poor taste, but a joke none the less*

Edited by PsychoSexual

I nod my head, listening to the priest's explanation about these matters and telling me about his deity. I am aware of other beings at the level of Gaia, but they are largely unknown to me."That sounds like noble ideas to uphold. I follow the path of healing myself and I have been the village healer for some years now. While I do understand the need to keep up good, we must also not deny the less good parts of ourselves. We are not whole unless we embrace that all creatures hold good and evil in them. I always opt for the middle path of these - for I do not want to be consumed by either of them. This Shar figure has strayed far off the path and aims to reset everyhing, as I understand it. Just as great good must be dealt with, so must great evil. I think we have much to talk about Jerell", I speak to him and smile gently.

*listens to the Red Wizard intently. Then laughs out loud at his jest. The Hubris! I think. At least he doesn't try to hide it, may as well be friendly, and show mutual respect.*

"Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Point taken."

*responding to Nishka*

"Yes I do believe we have much to discuss.  I'm aware of the middle path, and respect it. Good indeed, can even be subjective, good for me verses good for you, good for a peasant verse good for a king, self good verse the greater good. There are grey areas between the black and white, as Dawn and dusk sit between the day and night. I'm more of a day person, but I can appreciate the beauty of a sunrise as well. I do not embrace everything however, Shar threatens the Greater Good as well as individual lives."

*Ponders it a little and attempts to inject a little clerical humor*

"I have not considered the consequences of too much good.  Is that when we can't drink ale and have universal out of network healing at all temples?"😂

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1

I take note in how the priest seems to be mostly humoring the strange juju caster, which amuses me lightly and a light snicker passes my lips which I do not attempt to hide.

"We need people like you who aim to pull the universe in the good direction. You may not agree, but we do need the other kind as well, the evil presences. Why? Simply put, either extreme is never good and must be kept in check. So I have no qualms with your work in order to maintain the good in the universe. Shar must be stopped, we totally agree there, no question about it. That is one example of evil gone too far", I say and nod eagerly from having this philosophical exchange she had no idea that Outlanders could get into."I still wish to know if I can get in touich with this...holy spirit? Is there a place in the spirit plane she resides?", I ask, basing my theory on my vast knowledge about planes.

I give a small, but hearty chuckle at his joke."Hahaha, yes, I believe so. If you consume too much good food...do you not become obese? It is the same for the balance", I tell him.

*Darius nods and bows a little to the Cleric and then he laughs. If the Cleric was respectful and courteous Darius would happily do the same, he was arrogant but he wasn't stupid and it had been as much a test of the Cleric's temperament as much as his own arrogance*

"You have a good sense of humor Cleric. Certainly a good a trait in a traveling companion, and your divine skills are sure to assist us. I am glad you have heeded Lady Gold's call and that you are here with us."

*He says recalling what the good cleric did to the body of the Lich that had attacked them earlier, Darius would never trust the Gods, but he could trust people*

"Interesting philosophy Nishka. I agree that Shar is an extreme, I agree with the idea of cosmic balance, I believe the fact the three of are able to converse like this, to be a good analogy for that balance, and with that in mind, I think people are meant to be themselves with our flaws, infinite complexities and contradictions, for denying ones true nature would surely upset the cosmic balance."

Edited by PsychoSexual

I cast my gaze upon the juju caster who helped us out earlier, but whom I cannot quite figure out what his deal is."I believe you to be right about that Red. Surely, even goblins deserve to live - as long as their existance do not threaten the existance of others. Do you not agree Jerell? Your issue being with those who wishes to harm others with their nature. Even good people can cause harm after all...no matter how much they may try all of their lives to keep it from happening", I say, arguing that any place on the scale are capable of doing good, neutral or evil acts,

Adam was watching them and was thinking of the words to speak to them "i will not let evil or bad things hurt the ones i see has friends or i feel the right to help if they are good green things i will not crush like i did not long ago " trying his best to talk to the others with out messing up his words 

*I pause for a minute. One eyebrow raised high. Contemplating Nishka's over-eating analogy, struck by it's wisdom.*

"Yes... Yes indeed.  I see the need for moderation. Though still prefer to change things for the Greater Good. As for goblins if their heart is true, they have every right to exist as much as any mortal."

"If I may, share the most important two tenants of my Lady's faith; firstly, learn the weight of your sword. Without your heart to guide it, it is worthless. Secondly, One's strength is not in their sword, but in their heart. If you lose your sword, you have lost a tool. If you betray your heart, you have died.  That is the core of my belief and the teachings of Iomedae. I could teach you more later if you desire. My order believes in prayer to Iomedae every day.  For an hour a day if I can. Prayers are not always answered for the gods have much to do, but sometimes visions have been reported.  I once was spoke to in a vision by a great winged lady with the head of an Eagle, an agent Iomedae, during my time as a crusader..." *I recall, my hair standing on end as I do*

"As far as planes of existance, I have heard of the theory but am no expert.  I have overheard debate, in which the high priestess of my temple put forth the opinion Iomedae mist have her own plane." *shrugs* "Again, I am not clear on that matter."

*In reponse to the Red Wizard* "I thank you for the compliment sir." *chuckles* "I started adventuring in an army, back in the day.  As crusader against some demon Lord. Being in the Army at that time I found a sense of humor to be absolutely indispensable, as you can imagine. As to Lady Gold, I did not know she had put out a call.  I came because of rumors that had reached our Temple, Our Lady of the Sacred Sword. Who is the Lady Gold, may I ask?"

I turn to Adam, "By the light of the Lady, I think he really gets it."

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1

Adam gave red a big thumbs up "i do what i can even if it something small has this " he was trying to act and speak what is on his mind even though he was still learning how to work it "there gods around here " only catching a few thing from the wired man in front of Nisky 

• Like 1

*Darius didn't knew out of hand if his Iomedae had his own plane, he had assumed all God's did, creating a plane didn't seem that difficult to Darius, but that was a task for another day. His question about Lady Gold amused him, the cleric might as well asked what was beyond all the planes, it would have been an easier question to answer*

"I know some tales about her and have heard of her reputation, but who Lady Gold really is, that is a mystery I am still endeavoring to answer"

Edited by PsychoSexual

I hear the comment about goblins, but just as soon do I argue further on it:"Do they? I mean, do evil creatures not have the right to live? IF they do not, you would argue it is needed to kill them. If you kill them all, does that act not make you evil yourself? You are fighting evil with even more evil? That brings imbalance?", I say, happy with my reply, hoping the path of neutrality might appeal to him at least a little bit.

"I will gladly learn more, though I may have to argue for my own point of view. So, if I shall your words into simple terms: You are saying you need to use both body and mind in order to achieve your goals in a good manner? At least that is what I got from that. Is prayer like meditation? If so, why an hour? It seems rather specific for some reason? The amount of time I spend meditating depends on many things. And if you are unsure about that, perhaps we can explore that together? I believe once we have made a bond with all spirits, we may enter enlightment or at least get closer to be complete as being  - I am not sure, but surely something wonderful will happen. Bonding between beings is a wondrous thing and I aim to do so with any who wishes to share this  with me. Just like this universe, everything and everyone is connected somehow", I go on, shedding my thoughts about a greater existance."We may even ascend to celestial beings".

*He would have love to accompany Adam and talk to him in private but he didn't think it prudent to leave there could be an attack on Lady Gold, or he might miss dinner with Lady Kazumi, so looking at Adam he says*

"Adam, be careful. While I doubt there is anything or anyone in the city that may hurt you. The city was likely not build for a being of your size"

"Indeed.  It is said long ago, Iomedae herself was mortal, and rose to goddesshood through her actions. Why an hour? Tradition at the least. Bonding with spirits? I am interested to hear more, but when facing ruinous or corrupt forces, an open heart and mind is like a castle with an unguarded and open gate, very dangerous and inviting disaster. Those spirits I have no intention of bonding with. Unless it's my sword in their face."

Edited by Balthier
  • Love 1

Adam thought waiting might work out better but he knew not what to do and the huamns are talking he dose not know what to talk about to said humans and Nisky "im just trying to start walk to said point im to slow for you guys so i thought is shpould start to walk me being slow and in mind i thought to leave you all be " He said now reallly lookignaway where he was suporeds to go 

*Upon hearing that Iomedae was female and supposedly a mortal Darius visibly perked up, he looked at the Cleric with great interest*

"How interesting. I have my own theories about how to achieve Godhood, and your words about Iomadae fit very well with that theory. Do you your teachings say if she was granted Godhood by the other Gods? Did she just claimed the title? Or perhaps she was descendant from a God?"

Edited by PsychoSexual

"I never said to be unguarded. It is best to use caution when dealing with spirits - for like us mortals, they can get corrupted. It is part of my duty to assists with the spirits in a symbiose. That is why they help me out in times of danger or need in general. They let me channel their powers through my dolls. My voodoo doctor elder taught me many curses to cast upon my enemies, though it seems not everything will bend to this. That goblin man did resist two of my magics. It just shows that we are already feeling t he imbalance he was putting the world into. Do you agree on this", I go on.

1 minute ago, PsychoSexual said:

*Upon hearing that Iomedae was female and supposedly a mortal visibly Darius perked up, he looked at the Cleric with great interest*

"How interesting. I have my own theories about how to achieve Godhood, and your words about Iomadae fit very well with that theory. Do you your teachings say if she was granted Godhood by the other Gods? Did she just claimed the title? Or perhaps she was descendant from a God?"

I look at the juju man once more, taking pause to talk to speak with the deity man."I guess it depends on what you consider godhood. The question is also, that even if could ascend, would it be good to do so? WE were born mortals so perhaps ascending will ruin the balance of the universe. Not everyone can or should hold this power godhood might provide. Look at Shar - does this not show that this can be a dangerous aspiration to strive for? You should never achieve power without trying to also make yourself whole. It can only lead to bad things", I argue.

"I can agree to that Miss Nishka. May I say, I'm not familiar with your people." *Looking her over again with interest* "Can you tell me about your people?"

*Walks beside Adam.  Looks around as they go. Talking with the others.*

"You are wise to council caution Red Mage. Aye she was mortal once. A crusader knight long ago, said to be unrivaled in might, and who's earthly beauty was only surpassed by the beauty of her heart. She ascended to lead the Knights of Ozem in the struggle against the forces of the Whispering Tyrant. After which she is said to have accomplished 10 great acts. Finally she bested the Test of the Starstone and acquire a spark of divinity. Her actions caught the notice of Aroden, who chose her as his herald, replacing Arazni the Slain. Iomedae served him in this capacity until Aroden's death, after which she took over many of his followers and legacy, and became known as the Inheritor. At least that is what the Holy teachings say about it."

*He looks at Nishka whom in his eyes has a habit of trying to impose her point of view upon others, he found it infuriating, mostly because it reminded him of how he used to be, back when he let his arrogance control his actions instead of simply fueling his ambitions*

"Power is the ability to take action, without it we can do nothing, whether that is good, evil or maintain balance. From this maxim it follows that to have the greatest impact, one requires the greatest amount of power. Current consensus, is that Godhood is that power. So I ask you Nishka, if you wish to maintain balance shouldn't you seek and do everything in power to do so? If you don't do all you can aren't you betraying your beliefs? And if the balance can take care of itself, then what does it matter who achieves Godhood?"

*He hears the Cleric's explanation and it falls entirely within his theory, the three paths to Godhood, by blood, by right and by might. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out which path the Red Wizard was following*

"Thank you Cleric. It is refreshing to find a Cleric who shares knowledge of his God's vulnerabilities rather than hoarding it, You are a credit to your profession."

I can sense the look of interest, though I have a hard  time fully interpreting what sort this is, but for now I put it into the back of my head, though it does make me smile back at the cleric."WEll, I suppose I know are you human, but our exposure to those are extremely limited. I do not suppose you venture into vast swamps a lot", I say and let out a mild laugh, hoping this was amusing for him as well."Ohhh, there is much history actually. I don't think I can cover it in such a short time. I will gladly tell you more over time if you can withstand my company. We are...very spiritual and we live simple lives in your eyes I suppose. In a way this is true, I suppose, but simple is not bad necessarily. We have a strong community and bond to each other. We look out for one another and...well...when we dedicate ourselves to something or someone, we do it very well", I say, trying to be overall for now, hopign to intrigue the human believer

2 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

*He looks at Nishka whom in his eyes has a habit of trying to impose her point of view upon others, he found it infuriating, mostly because it reminded him of how he used to be, back when he let his arrogance control his actions instead of simply fueling his ambitions*

"Power is the ability to take action, without it we can do nothing, whether that is good, evil or maintain balance. From this maxim it follows that to have the greatest impact, one requires the greatest amount of power. Current consensus, is that Godhood is that power. So I ask you Nishka, if you wish to maintain balance shouldn't you seek and do everything in power to do so? If you don't do all you can aren't you betraying your beliefs? And if the balance can take care of itself, then what does it matter who achieves Godhood?"

*He hears the Cleric's explanation and it falls entirely within his theory, the three paths to Godhood, by blood, by right and by might. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out which path the Red Wizard was following*

"Thank you Cleric. It is refreshing to find a Cleric who shares knowledge of his God's vulnerabilities rather than hoarding it, You are a credit to your profession."

"The power you are fated to have and possess is not ours to choose. Of course, we shall pursue goals, but seeking power out of a selfish need cannot lead to good places. I do not wield power, I am the conduit of the will of the spirits of this world. Balance must be upheld by all, no matter their place on the spectrum - evil creatures do not consciously seek to maintain balance, yet their sheer presence still weighs on the scale of balance. Power corrupts and not many can handle getting too much of it. As for godhood. Who says godhood is eternally powerful beings? Perhaps they are of even greater existance and those you call gods are simply beings with grand power", I tell him, ignoring any sort of displeasure he may have towards me or what I utter.

18 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

"The power you are fated to have and possess is not ours to choose. Of course, we shall pursue goals, but seeking power out of a selfish need cannot lead to good places. I do not wield power, I am the conduit of the will of the spirits of this world. Balance must be upheld by all, no matter their place on the spectrum - evil creatures do not consciously seek to maintain balance, yet their sheer presence still weighs on the scale of balance. Power corrupts and not many can handle getting too much of it. As for godhood. Who says godhood is eternally powerful beings? Perhaps they are of even greater existance and those you call gods are simply beings with grand power", I tell him, ignoring any sort of displeasure he may have towards me or what I utter.

*Darius smiles and simply says*

"I think that's where the difference in our philosophies and fundamentally the nature of our powers are, where they lay. Unlike yourself and the good Cleric, I am not a conduit for someone else's power. I do not ask spirits or a God for permission, I do not ask anyone at all. My power is my own, with all the responsibilities and privileges that entails. Godhood may not be my power, but regardless pursuing power has got me here and I say it has been good specially to me, but to yourself as well, its what allowed me lend a hand in your hour of need."

*Darius says not sure if the ratfolk was aware that when the Lich transformed her, it was the Red Wizard who flew to fight the threat, before anyone else did*

Edited by PsychoSexual