GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

"I acknowledge you did come to my aid and I will do so with you should you be in need. However, I do not think that us mortals can handle powers beyond what is meant for us. I am not saying this will happen, but if you should turn evil and your powers are your own and too mighty for others to deal with, then would that not put things out balance? Right now Shar wields mighty power - if this power was not her own, but rather a collective mass of power from every being, then she would not be able to wield it to threaten others or the universe. Power is simply too much for singular beings to comprehend or hold themselves. If I choose to go evil, the spirits will stop me from wielding it - I would be threatening everything if that should not occur", I go on, sensing slight disdain in his tone of voice, but I still choose to argue against what is being said

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

"I acknowledge you did come to my aid and I will do so with you should you be in need. However, I do not think that us mortals can handle powers beyond what is meant for us. I am not saying this will happen, but if you should turn evil and your powers are your own and too mighty for others to deal with, then would that not put things out balance? Right now Shar wields mighty power - if this power was not her own, but rather a collective mass of power from every being, then she would not be able to wield it to threaten others or the universe. Power is simply too much for singular beings to comprehend or hold themselves. If I choose to go evil, the spirits will stop me from wielding it - I would be threatening everything if that should not occur", I go on, sensing slight disdain in his tone of voice, but I still choose to argue against what is being said

"Powers beyond what is meant for us"

*Darius says quoting Nishka's words back to her*

"I do not know what power is meant for you, or for myself. But I do know if I do not pursuit my power it will remain unused and that would be worse, I would even consider it a betrayal, a sin to my very nature. You agreed earlier that we should all follow our nature's. I am following my nature. Why are you so interested in changing it? Are you not threatening the balance by doing that? How do you know my actions, even my potential ascension to Godhood aren't necessary for balance to be maintained? How do you even know I am not a God fallen to a man simply trying to reclaim what I was? Or what I was always meant to be."

*He says hoping to give her pause, to make her see not only there is nothing she can say to dissuade him but that her point of view is no more valid than his own*

"I have no intention in changing yours. That is not for me to decide. If change is needed it should be a result of your own ability to self reflection. If you are saying that merely arguing against you that I am trying to force you, then I wonder if you are resting enough within yourself to truly accept this nature of yours. I am fully content and happy with being the instrument through which spirits can interact with and affect the mortal plane. I do not assume to know your fate and honestly I am fully focused on my own. If a mere conversation of point of views makes you feel threatened, I suggest you meditate on the true source of your anger. I cannot be responsible for this. I know only what is my path in life grants me the knowledge of. I seek knowledge all the time and I sense you do as well. Knowledge is what I call my only power in this world as it helps guide me to the proper path. I have no intention of making you see things my way - your path is your burden alone and I hope you will choose what is best for the balance to be upheld", I continue, unfazed by his attempts to passive aggressively project his anger onto me.

"Good, we agree we aren't trying to change each others natures."

*He says, wondering why the conversation had started in the first place, why the ratfolk felt it necessary, to give her opinion on his views of magic or his theories of Godhood when he was speaking to another person about them. He turns to the Cleric*

"If you wish I can tell you what I know about Lady Gold"

1 hour ago, PsychoSexual said:

*He hears the Cleric's explanation and it falls entirely within his theory, the three paths to Godhood, by blood, by right and by might. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out which path the Red Wizard was following*

"Thank you Cleric. It is refreshing to find a Cleric who shares knowledge of his God's vulnerabilities rather than hoarding it, You are a credit to your profession."

*Chuckles* "If you find vulnerability in an inspiring tale of overcoming challenges, you are welcome to it. With once mortal gods, I think one can choose to see a bit of them in oneself, and vice versa. Iomedae may even have flaws, as we all do. Just as you may someday as well, if you attain your goal. But the justice and valour is the part worthy of emulation. Inspiration for the Greater Good eh?"

"Please do Red Wizard."

Edited by Balthier

1 hour ago, JennyDK said:

I can sense the look of interest, though I have a hard  time fully interpreting what sort this is, but for now I put it into the back of my head, though it does make me smile back at the cleric."WEll, I suppose I know are you human, but our exposure to those are extremely limited. I do not suppose you venture into vast swamps a lot", I say and let out a mild laugh, hoping this was amusing for him as well."Ohhh, there is much history actually. I don't think I can cover it in such a short time. I will gladly tell you more over time if you can withstand my company. We are...very spiritual and we live simple lives in your eyes I suppose. In a way this is true, I suppose, but simple is not bad necessarily. We have a strong community and bond to each other. We look out for one another and...well...when we dedicate ourselves to something or someone, we do it very well", I say, trying to be overall for now, hopign to intrigue the human believer

"Simple lives, can be good lives too. I think I would like to experience some of your culture sometime." 😁

6 minutes ago, Balthier said:

*Chuckles* "If you find vulnerability in an inspiring tale of overcoming challenges, you are welcome to it. With once mortal gods, I think one can choose to see a bit of them in oneself, and vice versa. Iomedae may even have flaws, as we all do. Just as you may someday as well, if you attain your goal. But the justice and valour is the part worthy of emulation. Inspiration for the Greater Good eh?"

"I see vulnerability when a God admits she isn't perfect. In my experience not what Gods usually say. I find vulnerability in admitting any mortal could theoretically become like them."

*Darius says but he thinks the Cleric and himself mostly agree, they are just having a semantic argument as to what it means to them both*

"Certainly inspiring. One might even say inspiration in itself is somewhat divine."

*He says trying a little humor*

Edited by PsychoSexual

*chuckles* "As you say, Red Mage. You may also think on how much you can and want to do yourself, and how much more you can accomplish by inspiring followers. You might be able to effect even more."

*For an arcane type, I almost like the cut of his jib*

"Say, is that a fruit stand I see up ahead?  Do you eat Adam?"

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Balthier said:

"Simple lives, can be good lives too. I think I would like to experience some of your culture sometime." 😁

A beaming smile illuminates my face and I cannot help but want to share more ideas and knowledge between him and me."Simple is harder to mess up and usually do not complicate things. If you wish to experience it, I will be happy to do so in whatever manner you like. One of the reasons I travel to Outland is to also share what I can from my heritage, lore, traditions and whatever else that would be accepted", I tell him.

7 minutes ago, DozleZabie2 said:

Adam tilted his head at that"i have yet to try to eat said food is they good " he has not eat or knew he was able to he was now wondering had he tapped on to his iron chest lightly to feel what that was 

"Adam I know a little about Golems and I assure you you don't need to eat, but I believe you may do so safely without issue."

*He didn't had the heart to tell Adam he didn't knew of any Golem that had taste buds to enjoy food or drink in the first place. He was also finding it ironic he had spend magical power to removed the need for having to eat and drink, and yet the Golem saw it not as a weakness but as something to enjoyed. Not that he didn't enjoy food, but he certainly didn't enjoy going hungry*

Adam "i would like to try this fruit thing you say i know i have not eaten foot or know i can but i would like to try once i think" he was not use to be treat has he was human but this was a first group to try and talk to him and hear his voice bur he would try at lest "so Red we golems not eat food right "  he was trying to learn best he can 

"You are powered by a magic, your soul is magic itself in a way, and it is a self sustaining magic too. Your body doesn't tire or decay like ours so it doesn't require food or water to repair."

*He said hoping he is explaining in a way Adam understands, he was fascinated by him, while he wouldn't have chosen iron as the basis for a Golem, the magic and craftsmanship with which he had been made were simply exquisite and beautiful,  in a way he felt only a wizard with understanding of how difficult it was to do, could understand let alone appreciate*

Edited by PsychoSexual

Adam took hold of the small red fruit in to his giant hand looked at the little red thing in his hand he tiltied his head to the small thing and moved it to his face where he seen people put food at he has no mouth but trys but my magic there where a small piecee off the apple 

*As the group distracts itself buying apples, Darius takes up to the sky. Still under the influence of Overland Flight since it lasts 11 hours. He flies to Lady Kazumi*

"My Lady excuse me, please tell me where I may meet you later for dinner. I have a task that needs doing with some urgency. But I wouldn't not want to miss the opportunity to share the evening with you."

*After Lady Kazumi gives Darius an address or name of a stablishment. He takes into the air and flies at maximum speed in the direction they came.*

Edited by PsychoSexual

Kazumi joins the others as they walk through the town, Tamiko and Faith trailing along behind. She listens and nods along with their discussion, smiling politely, but keeping her own opinions to herself. When Jerell offers apples, she approaches him and gracious accepts one from him.

"Thank you," she says, still uncertain how to address the warrior priest. As the group enjoys the fresh apples, Kazumi guides them past more market stalls and turns down another street. 

"We have rented a house just down here," she says, gesturing toward the building to which she had already given Darius directions. "Tamiko will have the staff assist you with finding rooms, when you are ready. If you choose to find it yourself, look for the stylized fox flag flying out front."

Tamiko gestures for a young woman, barely more than a girl, to come forward from a nearby building. It is then that the others realize that a good portion of the women casually shopping nearby also seem to be attentively awaiting a command from Tamiko. When the beautiful young girl appears at her elbow, Tamiko bows to the group.

"My Lords and Ladies," she says deferentially. "Miku will be able to guide anyone to the house when you are ready."

Miku bows and smiles, but looks to the ground, avoiding eye contact.

• Like 1

I see the young lady Kazumi and I make a polite and respectful bow to her, a smile on my face as she adresses us."Oh, it is good to see you again Lady Kazumi. I will gratiously accept your invitation, if this is also meant for me. I will try my best to not be a bother. If you need my aid in any way, let me know", I tell her and look her over, admiring her beauty, perhaps a bit too long to make it look natural. Though I have never seem anything like her race, or most others, I can tell that she does have graze and beauty about her.

*I look about. Quite not having noticed the beautiful ladies around me until now, so intent had I been on the conversation with Nishka, The Red Mage, and Adam. I gaze at each in turn, though try to make no obvious sign as I check them all out, as low key and gentlemanly as I can. Quite the entourage, I think. She must be nobility.*

"You are most welcomed, my Lady. A pleasure to meet you. Apologies, for I have not properly introduced myself. Reverend Jerell, Third Sword Knight of the Second Circle. Though as a traveling companion, if you wish you may address me informally as Jerell or just 'priest,' as you prefer. I would be most honoured to dine with you. "

*Waits patiently by Cernan.*

Edited by Balthier

Miku bows to the priest and the bowman. "This way, please."

The tiny young girl moves at a pace quicker than they would expect, guiding the way to a large, two story house that is bustling with activity. At least two dozen women move about the place, some armed and appearing to be guards, most looking to be well dressed servants. They are mostly human, but the men can see half-elves, half-orcs, tieflings, and at least one catfolk, sylph, undine and ifrit. They seem to be busy preparing the rooms, setting up rooms for bathing, delivering supplies, guarding the building, and many seem to be moving from a side door to another building behind the house. 

"Please find your way inside. Rooms have been prepared on the second floor. Dinner will be ready in two hours, fruit and bread are available now, and baths should be available before dinner." Miku bows again and two human women on either side of the door, both wearing chainmail and carrying longswords seem to ease their posture at Miku's gesture toward the door.

Kazumi meanwhile returns Nishka's smile with an amused smile of her own. "I am delighted that we will all be dining together. I am certain there is room enough for everyone, although I am not sure about your entire entourage, Princess Nepthtys."