GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

My exploration with my spyglass takes a short break as I am spoken to by the flying man in the sky. I have no idea how he is flying, which intrigues me quite a bit and I quickly write down some information, though limited it might be right now, before responding in the language of dragons.

"Are you insinuating that I am in danger of some sort? If so, what trouble lies out there? More importantly....how do you fly or levitate? Do you possess the power of flight somehow? If so, is that something you can teach me? My best friend, Snippers, is great at communicating with whatever spirit is helping you fly", I tell him.

*Darius is bewildered by her choice of words, he knew spirits existed but what did they had to do with magic. Her question about fly did tickle his ego, he loved to surprise others and yet she seemed to be completely relaxed around him despite being in the form of a Large Earth Elemental, 'what a strange creature' he thought to himself*

"We are in a dangerous trek, we are the ones danger, I am warning you not to stick with us."

*Then to answer her second question he blows into his hand casting the cantrip Light*

"Magic"

*He says nothing more letting her see the magic in his hand. Magic was Darius first and only love and he greatly enjoyee using magic as a plaything*

• Like 1

The creature seems to have the same properties as that of the earth, which seems to go into my journal as well, the pen being worked pretty much every free moment I have from discovering stuff or asking all sorts of questions."Ohhhh, perhaps you are a manifestion of an earth spirit? Your looks and powers seems to indicate such", I say regarding the matter of what I am seeing before me and how this is interpreted by my own knowledge about the world and how it works.

"While I only tend to call upon the spirits' aid when needed, this might be appropriate to do so at the present time. Take a look at this", I reply back after I scribble down my theory about the earth spirit avatar.

I chant something to commune  with the spirits and onto the cover of my journal my on special appears [CASTS ARCANE MARK].

"Ohhh...I am not too concerned about my safety. The spirits and Snippers here help keep me safe", I add and show my cute little turtle who emerge from a sleeve.

*Darius was a little surprised to see the rat invoke the power of magic, he was far more surprised by the way she cast the spell, her chanting was very unique and if it hadn't been for his high skills in Spellcraft and Knowledge (Arcana) he would had been very confused, but he was able to realize that she was asking help to a higher power almost as of she was a cleric but not quite*

*Darius nodded to the humanoid, but says nothing about his realization, he would hate to cart magic like her, to depend upon another for power, but it was certainly better than having no magical power at all*

*He knew the power of the Elemental Body spell would run out soon and he decided he would wait until it did instead of dismiss the spell. So the arcanist rat lady would see the extend of his powers*

My face looks puzzled as the earth spirit avatar stays quiet after what I told him, but that does not stop me from asking even more stuff."How is it to be in the physical world then?  It must be quite different from the spirit plane. I have researched that extensively", I say and go on ranting for as long as I am not interrupted [KNOW: (planes) 21).

*Darius is trying to listen at the Elf and rat lady. He hears more out of Nishka due to proximity, it was clear she knew a lot about about the other planes of existance perhaps even more than herself yet it was all colored by her view of magic being 'spirit' based, he decides to try to give her answer that will make sense through her world view s he understood it*

"I can acquire the abilities of a spirit but I am still not a spirit"

*As he explains that she can see how he quickly shifts into a regular human the 11 minutes he had for the spell having finally expired*

• Like 1

Hearing the mentioning of spirits, I turn my head and attention towards floating elemental man. Before I can properly reply, the body turns to that of a human, quickly disspelling any idea about him being a spirit, which he did of course say he was not.

"Oh, interesting. Have you had any contact with some kind of voodoo doctor or shaman? If so, I would love to meet them. I mostly learned from the elders and self practice and meditation. How do you commune with spirits?", I ask, not at all aware of him only saying it like that to make me understand his way of doing magic.

*Now that he was back to his usual size he decided to approach the Elf and her retinue, she had spoken earlier about Osirian magic being special and different and he wanted to see it but before he could fly away the the Ratfolk girl asked him another question*

"I do not commune with the spirits, I command them"

*It was true, from a certain point of view, if one thought of Magic as one big spirit. He gave her and Adam a nod and flew above about 30ft high and began to study what Osirian arcanist was doing*

I slip off the large metal man named Adam and curiousity causes me to come closer, but not so close as to be in the way. With my journal out once more, I begin to observe and write down what I gather from my observations.
"I wonder what sort of dangers he meant...this place looks peaceful enough", I speak mostly to myself as I look around to see what it might be.

Through the spyglass the Rat folk woman got a good view of the Lost Coast. From the north-south thirty foot wide dirt road they travel to the hard stone beaches and ocean to the east and to the west the endless moorlands and swamps. Very far to the west, just visible to the spyglass is a mountain range and the towering sky high peak of Mhar Massif, one of the biggest mountains in the world. Though Sandpoint lies some distance to the north it is concealed by tall hillocks and the like from this position*

• Like 1

El'lieral was in pain, and though the blessing of Shar reduced her fear to anything but the Divine she didn't like the menacing Elf at all, she seemed very commanding and dangerous. Bound by the Kitsune's spell she could not lash out and this party was a bit stronger than she had anticipated, or perhaps the dog was right and she had just been lazy and had not even learned to use her powers. Well the dog was right but fuck him, it wasn't El'lieral's fault.

Edited by GM Angel
always with the spelling errors

Nepthtys did not think fear was an tool, but it might have worked as an motivator, but she was clearly too mad to understand the full consept, but yet, she was complient.

"Good. Now lets continue. Serie of questions start now." She continued in Osirianic.

"First, Were you trying to kill us?" She cave the woman time to answer before asking the next questions. 

"Second, Has Shar appeared to you in person?"

"Thirth, Do you know more of Shar's agents in this world? And if yes, are they your enemies?"

"Fourth, Do you know how to enter Armory of Shadows? And if yes, can you do it?"

"Fifth, do you enter Shar's granted afterlife if you would perish in this world?"

"Sixth, do you possess gift of healing?"

None of the questions per se, had value to her, but she wanted to create an baseline for possible continual questions. Nepthtys gave an order to one of her guards "Remove everything from her please." Guard walked to the prisoner and one by one removed everything she had on her, removed his own cloak and moved good 15ft away from the prisoner and laid each item removed over his cloak on the ground for futher excamination.

*Darius heard the Elf arcanist's questions, they were smart and good queries, and Darius appreciation for her grew, it was the first time he had met someone with comparable intelligence to his own. He was curious about a place called Armory of Shadows, he would have to learn more about the place*

*He wanted to examine the objects their prisoner had but he knew better than to approach her retinue without informing him and specially her of his plan*

"Excuse me, I would like to examine the prisoners posessions for magic. I believe my expertise in this area is unmatched"

*Thanks to the Tongues spell almost two hours duration he was still speaking perfect Osirianic. He hoped she remembered it was he who had subjugated their attacker in the first place"

Kazumi glances at the naked, wheezing young woman with the crushed windpipe and shakes her head. Death would have been a mercy to the girl. She looks to the Princess' guards, but strides past them to where the guard has laid out E'lieral's possessions and gives them a cursory examination, casting detect magic at the goods and waiting a moment for the detailed information to be presented to her, as the spell was likely pinging magic all around her from her allies.

• Like 1

I listen to the speak being made in a language unknown to me, which of course does intrigue me as well. So I approach the man who spoke up, again fully unaware of any social norms by this kind of society."Excuse me. What language is that you are speaking and how could I learn it? I know many already, but even more would be beneficial for my future research", I inquire while standing relatively close to him as well.

*Darius is happy to vouch for Lady Kazumi if the need arises. He is happy to let her cast the spell and gain information she is willing to relay. He makes Craft checks and Spellcraft checks to examine the objects themselves, to learn perhaps of their origin and construction.*

"It seems fate keeps finding ways to make us spend time together"

*He says to Lady Kazumi with a smile as he gets to work*

2 hours ago, MIroque said:

Nepthtys did not think fear was an tool, but it might have worked as an motivator, but she was clearly too mad to understand the full concept, but yet, she was compliant.

"Good. Now lets continue. Series of questions start now." She continued in Osirianic.

"First, Were you trying to kill us?" She gave the woman time to answer before asking the next questions. 

"Second, Has Shar appeared to you in person?"

"Third, Do you know more of Shar's agents in this world? And if yes, are they your enemies?"

"Fourth, Do you know how to enter Armory of Shadows? And if yes, can you do it?"

"Fifth, do you enter Shar's granted afterlife if you would perish in this world?"

"Sixth, do you possess gift of healing?"

None of the questions per se, had value to her, but she wanted to create an baseline for possible continual questions. Nepthtys gave an order to one of her guards "Remove everything from her please." Guard walked to the prisoner and one by one removed everything she had on her, removed his own cloak and moved good 15ft away from the prisoner and laid each item removed over his cloak on the ground for further examination.

"Yeah." El'lieral said to the first question. "If you didn't scatter I would have killed you, and I would have definitely killed Lady Gold!"

At the second question El'lieral's face  took on a starstruck look. "I have seen the Lady of Loss with my own eyes! She honored me with her presence."

"Quite a few!" El'lieral replies to the third.  "As to whether they are enemies or allies...it is kind of hard to tell with a girl like me..."

"The Armory of Darkness? Of course, you either use the Key or you use the Shadow Weave to open it, and I can use the Shadow Weave so yes, I can open it."

"Yes, Shar has personally claimed my soul, when I die it is hers!" El'lieral says proudly.

Finally; "Of course I can cast healing spells at least! I am a Cleric!" She declares.

Well done as always. Helthel mocked her as he paced around the area. You serve the Maiden of Secrets well by spilling them at the slightest interrogation.

The dog's lips pulled back in a contempt filled snarl and he was about to go on when in his wanderings he crossed across Kazumi's shadow and his tired mind accidentally touched hers.

Kazumi feels a presence then looks down to see a big doberman made entirely of shadows appear right next to her out of nowhere. She is the only one other than El'lieral to perceive the thing but the dog seems to realize she can see him and he looks up at her and snarls, his ears lying flat to his head.

Kazumi gladly and freely shares the information she gleans from the detect magic spell with everyone present, using the common tongue. She lets the others take any of the items they wish, and when everyone has made selections, she makes a simple request.

"If you have all selected items you wish to retain, I would request a few of the less powerful items that remain to give to my companions. They should be meeting us at Sandpoint, and I would be saddened were there nothing left for me."

She looks up at Darius and flashes that same amused smile, although this time with a slight sense of flirtation added to it. "I wonder how much more time fate will find for us to spend together."

She straightens from her inspection, again giving him far too much of a view of her cleavage, then turns to the ratfolk woman, about to finally introduce herself, when a shadowy doberman appears out of nowhere.

When it snarls at her, she reflexively steps back and casts hold monster at it, crying out to her companions, "Look out!"

Spoiler

5 foot step away from the dog

cast hold monster - Will save DC 27, (if necessary 1d20(15)+13=28 caster level check)