OOC talk for Monster Academy.

probably would be for the best to have rules in one place

on a side note im debating on if i should just randomly join one of the locations or not... because well they are technically public... its feels.... awkward to just kinda... jump in without asking even if im just kinda... in a different part of town, or somewhere else in school x-x

• Like 1

I can certainly understand how you feel and such - I would think the same. The thing is: It only gets more awkward the more you hesitate. The easiest way to get involved is just jump into it and have trust that the other players have interest in interacting. @Icarian Dreams did the same and it worked great and made a good scene even better.

I will make an OOC topic only to show rules now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JennyDK said:

By the way, I hope everyone is cool with the overall club rule of zero rape.

I know I am a bit late for the party, but I personally am against restricting all non-consensual encounters, even if just for the sake of more "spicy" bullying (not to mention abilities like "Aura of Lust" are basically just a walking rape pill), but if I'm alone in this belief, I am willing to bend. My idea would be to allow non-con as long as there is consent between the players (which is basically how almost every kink works here though).

3 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

I know I am a bit late for the party, but I personally am against restricting all non-consensual encounters, even if just for the sake of more "spicy" bullying (not to mention abilities like "Aura of Lust" are basically just a walking rape pill), but if I'm alone in this belief, I am willing to bend. My idea would be to allow non-con as long as there is consent between the players (which is basically how almost every kink works here though).

Even with that aura, it is not "you have no choice", but rather incites a lust in those around them. I will never move towards rape.

"No rape" does not constitute that there cannot be non-con of some sort.

Perhaps I can edit it to "Keep rape within EcchiTexts" - I feel it has no place in public topics.
I am a big advocate for freedom of speech, but there can be ways to not  make others read this - like how I used spoilers to mask details of torture in another RP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Even with that aura, it is not "you have no choice", but rather incites a lust in those around them. I will never move towards rape.

"No rape" does not constitute that there cannot be non-con of some sort.

Perhaps I can edit it to "Keep rape within EcchiTexts" - I feel it has no place in public topics.
I am a big advocate for freedom of speech, but there can be ways to not  make others read this - like how I used spoilers to mask details of torture in another RP.

In this case I would like to know where the line is between rape and other forms of non-con. Defining the terms is really important in situations like this.

Keeping such descriptions to EcchiTexts or hiding them in spoilers is a compromise I can get behind. I agree that there should most definitely be a way for people to skip such descriptions if they are not into them.

7 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

In this case I would like to know where the line is between rape and other forms of non-con. Defining the terms is really important in situations like this.

That line can be hard to properly define, but I feel the moment that it turns sexual of nature, then that is where I would personally draw the line and have the rest be done either privately or in spoilers - where I feel spoilers is the best option really.

I do not enjoy rape, but I will not judge others from doing so. HOWEVER, I feel rape should have consequences of some sort from a story point of view. If you are going to participate in a public RP story, then your actions cannot be taken out of context. You may of course disagree on that, but that is my personal stance on it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

That line can be hard to properly define, but I feel the moment that it turns sexual of nature, then that is where I would personally draw the line and have the rest be done either privately or in spoilers - where I feel spoilers is the best option really.

I do not enjoy rape, but I will not judge others from doing so. HOWEVER, I feel rape should have consequences of some sort from a story point of view. If you are going to participate in a public RP story, then your actions cannot be taken out of context. You may of course disagree on that, but that is my personal stance on it.

Spoilers do seem like the right way to go here to keep the story consistent. And I agree rape should have consequences - just like any other action. Such is the nature of public RP ^^

I think we've reached a consensus here; thank you for listening to my point of view.

• Thanks 1