OOC talk for Monster Academy.

1 hour ago, JennyDK said:

@Chuck89

Let me be honest here, because I think it's something you should give some thought: Not every every scene needs to be sexual or romantic of nature. Leaving out another gender completely can possibly mean that others here will get a bad impression of you, especially if the only scenes you seek are those of aforementioned nature.

I am not going to tell you that you cannot do or prefer what you described. I am just telling you, that it is very likely to give a very negative impression with others.

Oh...I did not realize that. Again, I'm not the best at social cues.

Fair enough. I am not mad or anything of the sort, but I do suggest that you try to go over what you say maybe a few extra times and if you are in a lot of doubt of how things are perceived, it is okay to ask others what sort of reaction something might get.

I am not the best at being social either, so I can understand the difficulty it can give, especially if you are really bad at it. I just want to offer whatever advice I can think of because I want everyone to have fun and to get along as much as possible.

I have offered a simple start scene as I typically do with newcomers. It's up to you if you wish to do it.

• Love 1

I thank you for the nice and praising words. We don't improve in any way if we are just shut down, instead of having a dialogue and find out how to do things in a better way.

As long as you put in the effort to improve, there is bound to be some progress. A little is always better than none at all.

/endrant

• Love 1

@Seraphina I think we should leave the scene at that, for now. It was a very long one and I really enjoyed it, but maybe other people want to create scenes with me and your characters, so let's give them a chance as well. I had so much fun and character development, I hope we can interact again in the future! ^^

Now, in case anyone wants to do a scene with my characters, all of them are currently free, so let me know if anyone has any ideas.

10 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I have plenty of free characters as well - since I have yet to see much being done in the athletics field, I will also deem Malikah open again as well.

I am hoping you guys are enjoying your weekend so far?

The weekend has been alright so far. What about you?

I'm hoping to finally get some new scenes in, because it's been a while, but then again I've ran out of ideas and creativity, sooo.. I hope someone can help in that regard.

It has been a nice and easy one, but really quiet around here though. Thankfully, I wasn't feeling too social or up to much yesterday, so it wasn't a huge deal, but today I feel much more up for some creative fun! 😄

I will be happy to come up with something together! ❤️

I just need to get a quick jog over with and I shall be back and ready to punch out some ideas and suggestions.

39 minutes ago, Godot said:

@Seraphina I think we should leave the scene at that, for now. It was a very long one and I really enjoyed it, but maybe other people want to create scenes with me and your characters, so let's give them a chance as well. I had so much fun and character development, I hope we can interact again in the future! ^^

Now, in case anyone wants to do a scene with my characters, all of them are currently free, so let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Yes yes, very true. We should be able to develop with different characters so we get all the perspectives of good stuff. But yes, it was pretty fun and boy was it a long stretch. I had a bit of troubles but after a while, I manage to get things in order or about.

For now, Tamamo is officially free to roleplay with for anyone else who needs someone to roleplay something with them.

• Love 1

I have returned to the land of degeneracy and depravity you all again 😛

Currently I am interested in using these characters:

• Scylia (my necromancer)
  • Sarah Lyon (my human?) under "Other characters"
  • Bridget (teacher)
  • Mary (security)
  • Karnis (student)

Mostly for friendship building scenes, study group or familiar scenes. Open to much more though.

3 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

• Bridget (teacher)
  • Mary (security)
  • Karnis (student)

Mostly for friendship building scenes, study group or familiar scenes. Open to much more though.

Welcome back!

I think I have an idea and it involves one of the characters you're interested in using. The friendship between Karnis and Keya isn't exactly the brightest considering how she's mostly scared of loud sounds, so I'd much appreciate it if somehow that can be improved on, but I have no idea what place could be fitting for the two of them, and rather what sort of approach should I take without scaring Karnis off. 😛

1 minute ago, Godot said:

Welcome back!

I think I have an idea and it involves one of the characters you're interested in using. The friendship between Karnis and Keya isn't exactly the brightest considering how she's mostly scared of loud sounds, so I'd much appreciate it if somehow that can be improved on, but I have no idea what place could be fitting for the two of them, and rather what sort of approach should I take without scaring Karnis off. 😛

Interesting choice and hopefully it can make things in the classroom less awkward xD

Perhaps something like a group assignment they have to work on? The teacher paired the class up and they ended up together like that.

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

Interesting choice and hopefully it can make things in the classroom less awkward xD

Perhaps something like a group assignment they have to work on? The teacher paired the class up and they ended up together like that.

That sounds like a fun idea. Then I guess maybe they meet up in Karnis' dorm room (that I don't see a post of just yet, it seems). What would the assignment be?

44 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

• Bridget (teacher)
  • Mary (security)
  • Karnis (student)

After studying the following posts, I'd be left with possibly Sarah, Bridget or Mary, depending on context though since I don't know how a human (student or not) would find Tamamo. Hiro not really counting since he's a student of the same year as her. Bridget is a teacher so yeah and Mary, well... Unless Tamamo does something illegal which is not likely to happen, I don't know exactly.

I also don't know how far Students can make it to so if Sarah is in the city, my fox would have to leave the academy temporarily? If she's in the academy then everything would be easy anyway so that depends on your side of things and what would best.

16 minutes ago, Godot said:

How about making some sort of posters as a class project, about a random topic that I haven't thought of yet? I'd say Keya would be pretty bad at cutting out paper and making designs, given how he's got large claws and the handling of scissors is troublesome for him, to say the least.

Sounds like hilarity xD or maybe some sort of art project?

4 minutes ago, Seraphina said:

After studying the following posts, I'd be left with possibly Sarah, Bridget or Mary, depending on context though since I don't know how a human (student or not) would find Tamamo. Hiro not really counting since he's a student of the same year as her. Bridget is a teacher so yeah and Mary, well... Unless Tamamo does something illegal which is not likely to happen, I don't know exactly.

I also don't know how far Students can make it to so if Sarah is in the city, my fox would have to leave the academy temporarily? If she's in the academy then everything would be easy anyway so that depends on your side of things and what would best.

I am quite open to any other not currently used. Those were just the ones I could think of right now. It is by no means a "either these or nothing". I just personally find it easier if I narrow down my choices, at least for me personally 😄

You don't have to do illegal or bad stuff to make scenes with Mary. Only once or twice has she stepped in with the intent to halt a situation.

My personal idea:
She gets curious about human society and wishes  to check it out more personally and up close, free from the academy. So could lead to her meet any of my townsfolk.

6 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Sounds like hilarity xD or maybe some sort of art project?

Yeah, that makes sense. Should it matter what sorts of art project it is, or do we just mention how they're working on it while they converse, without going into too much detail? (example for too much detail being: having to name the color of paper, the multitude of tools they use to create the project, etc.)

I do think having an overall idea what the project is, is good, but adding too many details will just take away from the essence of the scene. I could probably go very deep into how she does A or B, but that hardly seems like the point of the scene. I usually tend to focus more on other things and keep things relatively simple.

As for what it could be, here are a few ideas:

• Making portraits of each other
  • Papermaché sculpture
  • A birdhouse made in shop class
  • Making a collage
  • Poems