Discussion

I'm sorry to those who have to read my story. I aimed so much for the 2000 words cap (1800) and realize my writing post is even double the size of other entries and I dunno if I went way too far or not. It's probably not even that good. x.x (Well, I'm not here to win anyway.) Also, no pity votes either. Be brutally honest, it's the only way to learn to improve myself. XD But welp. I'll be waiting to see the vote results later.

By the way, I actually have a question. Do people who submitted have the right to vote or no? (And obviously NOT vote for themselves)

To be honest, I never made any rules about contestants voting, or voting for themselves. I turned off "show names" so I don't know who votes for who. 

The only rule I have is that if I write anything it's ineligible for the contest, since I'm the one passing out the credits.

• 2 weeks later...

Challenge 21 seems to be done and over with, it's a shame it didn't get more votes. (Not for the sake of gaining more myself, obviously.) I feel like some choices deserved more. But still. Congrats to @WritesNaughtyStories for winning challenge 21.

I might try to participate to challenge 22 as well. But I won't go tryhard this time. It will be a nice change. XD

• Love 1

Last time I went try hard mode, I felt like I dragged the story around a bit. I'm glad someone liked it, though. I will see what I can do. I still want to put efforts but not a godly amount of efforts this time. I almost lost my mind the last time I did this. 1800 words is way too many.

Edited by Goddess Aurora

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Aura said:

I'm not sure if using an image ref for a rapid-fire challenge like this is in the spirit or not, but it's how I like to write! If it's a problem, I suppose I can cut the image out of the actual entry.

There's nothing in the rules that says you can't.

On 12/10/2023 at 17:38, IsabellaRose said:

and every entry earns a chance to win the secret prize - write with Izzy! 

Now, I don't mean to say this in a bad way, but hypothetically speaking, if one were to win the secret prize, would they be able to decline said prize or pass it off to the runner up?

On 12/10/2023 at 17:38, IsabellaRose said:

Halloween Micro Challenge #1 has been posted!

only 6 days to get something together, and every entry earns a chance to win the secret prize - write with Izzy! 

I almost missed the "something short and quick" part. Is there a word count limit? I was going to gun for the 2000 count limit from last Challenge but if the goal is something short I'll have to rethink it.

5 hours ago, NyxAvatar69 said:

Now, I don't mean to say this in a bad way, but hypothetically speaking, if one were to win the secret prize, would they be able to decline said prize or pass it off to the runner up?

Oh heavens, no. There is absolutely no obligation forcing the winner to write something with me.

It was just an added something I'm half regretting throwing in there anyway. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to NOT participate because of it. 

But I also don't think I'll let it be passed off to anyone. I think it will be a use it or lose it scenario.

3 hours ago, Minorikawa said:

I almost missed the "something short and quick" part. Is there a word count limit? I was going to gun for the 2000 count limit from last Challenge but if the goal is something short I'll have to rethink it.

No official limits. Whatever your brain conjures up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Senior Staff
3 hours ago, IsabellaRose said:

It was just an added something I'm half regretting throwing in there anyway. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to NOT participate because of it. 

But I also don't think I'll let it be passed off to anyone. I think it will be a use it or lose it scenario.

I kinda worried about that, figured it was residue from the auction idea. Don't forget your own interests and boundaries are important in the exchange!

• Like 1

Yeah, we both missed it. But in my case, I had 6 days of hell with my health so it couldn't be helped. Still not recovered from it... And this is what's most spooky about this. I wanted to try it and I thought I'd have the time. Apparently not. Welp. There is always next time! 🙂

Edited by Goddess Aurora
  • Sad 1