• Community Administrator

Shangul City

spacer.png

Shangul is the Capital City in Talvania, the centre of the government that rules over the country. It is the centre of business, commerce, government and the military. It is large and sprawling with wide streets to accomidate the horse carriages that are commonly seen moving between the tall stone and wooden buildings. If you're lucky, and stray into the wealthier parts of the city, you may get a glimpse of some of the new wonders such as vehicles. 

The City Centre looks impressive and seems to give an image of wealth and elegance. However in the poorer districts, crowded wooden homes are the norms with little food, and poor sanitation. Crime is rife in these areas, and it is unwise to flash your wealth, unless you wish to attract the eyes of criminals. 

So those who wish to talk the streets of Shangul, beware. All kinds of dangers lurk within its shadows, and not all of them are obvious.

Relevant Links:

• Like 1

A figure remained still, hidden among the foliage as they watched a group of riders galloping past. They held their breath subconsciously, as if worried that their breath could be heard. They watched as the riders continued onward away from the city, until they were out of sight and they could no longer hear the footfalls of the horses. Below the face mask, Claire smiled in triumph as they had completely missed her. Clutching her bag of ill-gotten gains closer, she straightened and began to move along the river. She kept to the shadows of the trees, as she didn’t want anyone to spot her, as she went to fetch her horse that she had hidden away so that she could move easily among the foliage to prevent being spotted. The highway patrol were so stupid and predictable. Robbing that carriage had been childs play. It wasn’t about the money, either, as it was something she had plenty of. She did it for the excitement and thrill of it.

@JennyDK

• Like 1

Claire is minding her own buisness and relishing in the high of her crime and getting away with it scott free it seems. Such devious and fun feelings to dwell in and to wish to do even more as well. These kind of things are some of the stuff that has the ability to attract personalities of the more....unusual kind. One of such being Jayce who has been following her last few "jobs of opportunity" and finding it to be great fun and mischief. He can tell it is not the coin that is the goal, but rather the exhilirating thrill of acting out such interesting schemes and heists. Before she knows it, she hears a soft voice speak to her from her left shoulder. A small coyote like creature which seems to be able to sit, is on her shoulder, smiling at her."Oh my my! What a nice haul there! Goob job!", he says, acting like everything is fully normal.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Claire reacted immediately to the voice, whipping one of her revolvers from its holster and bringing it up to point towards the creature on her shoulder. She froze just short of pulling the trigger as a frown of confusion creased her eyebrows at the sight of a small coyote on her shoulder. Her eyes narrowed, "What the hell?" She asked to herself. Because that surely wasn't the animal talking. That was impossible. She switched her attention to include the surroundsing, however she couldn't see anything.

• Like 1

"Whoa there! Careful with that thing...yah might end up blowing off yah own head there, pardner! Now...yah seem rather puzzled there. Yah never seen a spirit befor'? My name's Jacy, who are yah?", he asks, rather calmly and without any hint of fear or confusion in his voice. He then rises to stand on her shoulder, supported by his feet, then wandering over to check out the gun."Ohhh yeah. That will blast a mighty hole in stuff allright! Sooooo...have yah considered having a partner? Particularly one able to do...fun stuff?", he asks before conjuring a minor lump of gold which he hands her."I am sure we can both have a great time teaming up".

• Love 1

• 1 year later...

Claire’s eyebrows creased even further when this strange animal continued to talk, making her wonder if the water she had drunk not long ago had something a bit more to it. She kept the gun pointed towards the creature, the weapon holding steady with no hint of a shake. This creature didn’t seem bothered. If anything, they seemed almost amused. At his question regarding a partner, she almost snapped that she didn’t need one, and never had however he seemed to conjure a lump of gold before her very eyes. She was silent for a few moments before she said, “I don’t believe in spirits. That’s the kind of thing village folk believe in to explain their stupidity. So what are you, really?”

• Like 1

The jackal spirit tries his best not to outward groan and roll his eyes."Oh boy...mortals. Perhaps I need to talk slower? Ah...am....a...spirit. What is so hard to believe about that? Did yah lose all sense of wonder and imagination? Now...do yah want to actually have some fun or do yah just want to be grouchy alllll day?", he says with a miscievous grin planted from ear to ear whilst his tail swishes around behind him.

• Haha 1

“Imagination and wonder?” Claire asked scornfully, “That’s the kind of thing for children. I grew out of that kind of thing a long time ago.” She did however pulled the gun back slightly before sliding it back into her holster before she started walking again, heading back to where she had hidden her horse. As she did so, she responded to his last question, “If you mean fun as in robbing rich idiots of their treasures, then yes I am going to have fun. I’ve already had some today.” She held up the bag of goods that she had already procured that day.

• Like 1

Jayce begins to try and concoct an angle where he may lure her into his web of pranks and owing favours."Ah suppos' so. However, without imagination...how will yah ever truly get the ideas for the biggest scores? And that bit of money is nothing compared to what Ah think yah could earn...Ah can do a great many things and not just minor parlour tricks such as conjuring small slivers of sparking gold. Tell me...what is it about this yah like the best? The money? the thrill of it? Getting tah mess with rich people?", the little spirit inquires, trying to find one or even more "Achilles heels" of hers to get into. All the while he keeps sitting on her shoulder.

Claire rolled her eyes slightly when the strange creature said that one needed imagination in order to get ideas for the biggest scores. She didn’t use imagination for that. She used careful and tactical planning in order to decide what targets to hit and how. She ducked underneath a branch as she continued on, her leather boots making little noise despite the leaves scattered on the ground. She didn’t respond to him for a few moments before she said, “The thrill. I don’t need the money. The richer the target, and the more I can steal, the bigger the thrill.”

• Like 1

Jayce grins once she finally tells him what interests her the most about all of these."Very interesting. Very interesting indeed....is there any heists or jobs you ever had to give up on for one reason or another? Or do you have any ones you think you might be unable to do? I think you underestimate the sort of help I can extend to you - your options can be so much wider, bigger and.....interesting and thrilling too!", the jackal goes on, trying to find some sort of entry way into her plans and what ways he could entice her further. So he keeps looking for ideas on how to form a mutual "bond" between them.

“I never give up on a heist.” Claire said, feeling a little irritated by the question. It was a point of pride that she had never given up on a job. She was very stubborn, and thus baulked at giving up on a heist. She was also very careful, and ensured that she studied her targets to make sure that there were no unexpected surprises. His question about the ones she would be unable to do, made her pause for thought. There were a few that she couldn’t do. Like bank coaches. Those were far too heavily armed for her to take on, on herself, “Oh yeah? And what help can you provide, exactly?” She asked, not answering his questions verbally. They had reached the area where she had stashed her horse and began to untie him from the tree.

• Like 1

'Oooooh, a human with either a huge ego or massive pride. Definitely something I can have fun with', the little jackal spirit thinks to himself and does his best not to grin widely from ear to ear. He can tell he is getting closer and closer to working out some way where they can mutually benefit from each other, though in a way she probably she has no clue of yet. It finally does seem like there is some way he can show his worth to her as she asks what he is able to do."Oooooh, there are so many things I am able to do - it depends on your needs most often. It would take me half a day to show you only a bit of it. What is it that you need done?", he asks, trying to home in on this and get more information. All the while, he keeps himself seated onto her shoulders, with his tail swishing around lazily.

• Like 1

That was a rather broad question that he asked, and deep down Claire doubted that he would be able to really do anything other than the fancy little trick that he had shown her earlier. She didn’t answer as she gripped onto the saddle of her horse and pulled herself up, sitting like a man. If anyone saw her, and realised that she was a woman, they would be scandalised. She nudged the stupid animal forwards, heading onto the road before turning and heading back towards the city of Shangul. After a few moments she then said, “There’s a High born lady back in Shangul. Married to a very wealthy man. She has a jewelled necklace that she is very proud of. If you get that, and bring it to be, I might actually believe you.”

• Like 1

Jayce is not fully happy about doing favours for free, but if this can help him have a foot in with her and thus able to form a contract with this human, then why not? After all, it can likely become a lot of fun for him and with many pranks ahead of him."Allright. Very easily done indeed, but I will only give it to you when agree to my terms. Don't worry...I won't ask you for mad stuff like your first born or anything like that. No no...I just want to have a fun time here in your plane and that's it", he tells her without any ounce of deceit or fast talk."Give me...hmmmm...aboooout...15 minutes or so", he says whilst he makes up an impromtu idea. Of course, he has no idea to fear any authorities, if he even knows what those are anyway. The little spirit vanishes from sight and about 11 minutes he appears once more with the said item."Easy peasy...", he says with a cocky tone.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up