OOC Chatterbox

This thread is for the Out of Character chatter. If you want to interact with another player or players, then this is the thread in which to do it. If you have questions, feedback, or wish to contribute more setting or Club photos/artwork, then you can do that here as well.

Hey there ^-^ i just had a few questions about things like the tech level of the world and if there was any particular "powers" or the like, gene mods are also somethingim curious about, i know the setting is pretty cyber punk esk but im curious about the specifics that may be usable for character creation 

I went ahead and just made a character since its been a few hours and i had the desire to, the most questionable thing about her is shes semi cyborg (some body parts replaced with robotics after an accident) but that should be fine in the cyber punk esk setting, let me know if i need to tweak anything 

Sorry for the late response @DreamsnThings. To answer your question: in terms of sci-fi, most technology would probably fine so long as it doesn't approach levels of "magic science". Teleportation technology, lightsabers, those would not really fit. Something modern but amped up is the best way to perceive it. So, your character is fine, especially since one of the options is for fully synthetic android characters with sentience.

While something like vampires or demons or cat people, etc. might seem unfitting for a Cyberpunk (unless it's specifically Shadowrun), I wanted to give players some degree of freedom considering how otherwise limited the setting could be. @Chiyako looks to have used the cyberpunk setting to explain her character's traits via genetic experimentation, which is also fine. One again, most traits are okay, but no magic. There's obviously some wiggle room if you can play as, say, a vampire, but best to not be turning into a bat or conjuring things, especially since it kind of has no place in the game.

Hopefully that answered your questions, though a bit late after you made your character.

I think I'll wait on a few more character sheets before opening things up. That way there are more odds of people being able to interact with one another. Something I failed to make note of in the description and may wish to add is that the atmosphere is such that you don't need to be obligated to perform a full scene with anyone. It's a setting where the attendants may simply sample from one to another for a bit, perhaps coming back to familiar faces for a bit more sampling or the decision to go all the way, so hopefully that will encourage players to interact with one another even if what they're looking for doesn't wholly match up, or if they just want to have a chat for a bit to get their character interacting or moving somewhere.

8 hours ago, Minorikawa said:

So, your character is fine, especially since one of the options is for fully synthetic android characters with sentience.

Fantastic, ill assume minor inspector gadget style things are fine (flip my thumb back for a lighter, extend or retract my hair at will, additional "functionality" inside my assorted holes, etc) and assume little tech augmentations are fine

The threads are now unlocked and I've made the first post in the main hall. Feel free to drop your character wherever you wish. I'd say for the moment the action isn't quite intense yet, but feel free to write any sort of activity the characters may be witnessing or even experiencing from NPC's in your introductory posts.

• Woohoo 1

16 minutes ago, Minorikawa said:

The threads are now unlocked and I've made the first post in the main hall. Feel free to drop your character wherever you wish. I'd say for the moment the action isn't quite intense yet, but feel free to write any sort of activity the characters may be witnessing or even experiencing from NPC's in your introductory posts.

We can just say we are in the middle of whatever we want with any npc then?

Excellent posts @Chiyako and @PurePuppy. I'll have to amend the description of the setting so I make sure everyone knows about the Rosebud stamp. It was an addition in my post and until I saw you each mention it I realized it's not listed in any official reference material. Also: having transparent floors to the upper floors is a pretty good idea, PurePuppy. I'll probably adjust the thread's description to include that detail, though it'll be limited or maybe modified so as to still fit the images provided. No need to change your post, though. I'll make sure it all remains consistent.

Thanks for joining and posting, you two.

• Love 2