Kitchen and Dining Area

• 1 month later...

Bleeds for the Pack could feel the tension growing in his powerful  shoulders as he trotted quietly to the rear of the mansion. He should smell the construct. Lumber smelled different than trees. Smoke hung in the air and old damp clung to bricks and slate.

It was human. Controlled. Rigid and orderly and as each silent step drew him closer he could the tightness creeping into his muscles. Human thoughts, human emotions crushing into his clear experience of the forest.

Bleeds was seething with annoyance and misery that bordered on rage by the time he climbed the stone steps to the old summer kitchen. Even this outside kitchen reeked of fires and old lumber, dried and sawn. He let himself slide out of his wolf form and into the grizzled old human body he often tried to forget as he made his way past the nearly forgotten stone oven that dominated one side of the extended, antique external room.

He was lean and hard, a thin hickory that stalked the last few steps across the stone floor. Scars marked most of his skin, cutting a mixture of ragged furrows and clean cuts through dark skin hazed with fine gray hair. He looked down at himself without shame or judgement and pushed through the heavy wood door to the regular kitchen. The air was chokingly close. Too warm, thick with odors and Bleeds grit his teeth.

"Where is everybody?" He tried to bellow. It was more of a ragged, wordless croak than anything else.

'When was the last time I spoke?' He asked himself as he cleared his throat to try again.

"Where is everybody?" He called again. It was louder than he'd intended. He padded over to the old meat locker, hoping to find something that hadn't been sacrificed to a fire god.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

-(follow-up reply for Foyer)-

"You still haven't informed me about the other Scouts.." The Delta Caleb talked with his scout Nimona whilst still carrying her like a princess towards the entrances of the dark, cold kitchen with unlit appliances from ages ago. Caleb himself only goes there during the winters when in need of a cozy place to sleep, other than that he doesn't need it. "So, why do you need the kitchen so badly, Scout?" He asked the still wounded girl, wondering what she was trying to do. They reached the main door, but Caleb stopped once picking up a nasty scent.

He went silent but with an unnerving type of calm demeanor on his face. He observed the door not saying anything to Nimona, his human ears managed to twitch hearing somebody unfamiliar call out in there before beginning to ravage. His arms adjusted Nimona letting her stand on two, yet he grabbed her shoulders getting face to face. "Stay here." She can tell by his collected, rigid voice that this was an order from the handsome Delta. One she can't break. Caleb turned around staring at the door.

He grabbed his footwear taking it off. In thus, approaching it with minimal noise. Until he made his entrance clear by grabbing the door and throwing it open. "Alright, fucker." He spoke loud and clear his smell becoming incredibly toxic. "Don't know who you are-" Caleb walked in following the trail of smell in the darkness. He took out his lighter lighting up a candle stance near him. "-But, being a werewolf will save you more limbs than you can imagine.." The candles illuminate Caleb, though that wasn't needed as his odd eyes become terrifying under darkness, due to their gold glow. Caleb, is no normal werewolf. "Show your self." 

Edited by KanDaKnight
  • Like 1

Bleeds heard the door swing open and bang against the wall. His body coiled, ready to leap to the side and transform, but he forced a slow breath.

One scarred hand closed the meat locker with slow deliberation before he turned around.

"Over here."  He replied at the barked interrogation. "I suspect I made my first change before your grandmother whelped your mother."

He stepped forward, slowly and eyed the handsome young man before him. "Must have been gone a long time..." He observed thoughtfully, padding forward on bare feet. He was tall, thin and built of long, with knots of muscle and scars.

"Bleeds for the Pack." He said, introducing himself using the name the pack had given him so long ago. "And you are?"

Even in his human form Bleeds could smell another wolf nearby. He craned his neck and looked around the male.

"Can't tell in this form, but I think I smelled your friend earlier." He said, shifting his gaze back to the werewolf in front of him.

• Like 1

Nimona's blush grew a tad redder, not from from the Delta's appearance himself but in that  he was onto her. There was a level of trust between the two, that he could ensure, and at the same time Nimona didn't necessarily like confrontation. She wanted to speak, but he had cut her off. And then her face turned beet red, although it was a common thing her Delta did, Nimona never really understood why he was so touchy with the Scouts hair- like all the others, he always "fixed" or braided their, or her, unkept hair. Why?! 

"Well... I mean... I haven't really ate-" Before she could really answer, Nimona was swept off her feet which made her heart skip a beat. Her chest was pounding a bit out of embarrassment, although never had she been picked up like this by a guy who was not only an inspiration to the pack warriors but also someone she thought was actually handsome. Although she never really shown it. 

Caleb had carried the young wolf to the cold kitchen, which was her intended goal to begin with but she supposed that she could make something with a bit of help! Before they reached the door he'd ask Nimona a question which she finally gulped down a lump. She started, "Well... I'm not supposed to be up and moving around because I was being hunted for a few days..." 

There was shame in the Scouts voice as if she failed something, which she had, but it was uncontrollable, "I was going to report this to the Alpha after I made him and myself something to eat. Well... Onto that subject at hand. I was with Travis and Mariam toward the edge of our territory as usual, the Dark Woods... Or Deep Woods is what you call them nowadays. We were ambushed though, kinda picked off but we weren't far from each other. I don't... Remember a whole lot, I didn't know if this was an Omega, maybe a rival pack, or what but it couldn't have been a vampire! Their speed and sheer strength was remarkable, I've seen the Alpha in action when I was, when the Sun Strider pack tried coming in and taking over but... Del- Caleb..." 

Nimona's voice was more sheepish as she looked away, the lair arriving into the kitchen itself which was cold and a little dark, "I hate to say this, but... I think this bad guy is an Alpha, even if they're a rogue, they matched our Alpha's speed... All I remember were that Mariam disappeared, I heard her howl but it was cut off, then Travis... Was ripped clean in half. I was beaten to a pulp and I think they coulda finished me off, but the entire time I was trying to get back here to warn others I was beaten and steered toward the vampire territory. It was like they were toying with me, and because of how badly hurt I was, I was forced to stay in my transformation, all I had to eat for three days were a squirrel and something else." 

Disregarding that information, Nimona was, again, cut off when she smelt a foul odor. She heard something though her senses were dulled by her bodies disrepair, the healing still taking place. Caleb set the scout down and told her to stay put, from his rigid tone it was obvious this was an order. As soon as he left however she sat down on a nearby counter where he could easily spot her coming back in. The memories were vague at best, but she remembered most of the attack, but when she's in her wolf form things tend to get blurry. Hell even then the scout should remember everything of not most! So wait she did, originally as Nimona said she wanted to directly report this to the Alpha due to her not seeing the Delta often enough, however now's a better time than never!

• Like 1

Caleb listened to Nimona's words throughout the journey to the other place but his facial expression would begin to worsen. She went on, Caleb being in silence over the details but his anger building up slowly told her enough. His entire body stopped once he heard her start comparing to the Alpha of their pack. "..." The only thing he could imagine is how ridiculous this sounds. Good thing she was reporting to him, else wise she might have made a fool of herself. Nobody in here compares somebody to the likes of Austin. 

The details of what happened to Mariam and Travis, another one of his scouts. The warriors he'd train and bond with, only one of them returning. Maybe, for the first time Nimona witnesses a real set of emotions leave out of Caleb. A set of upset growls accompanied by rage over his expressions, his golden eyes losing it. His fingers grip onto her smooth skin without control, almost digging into her. "G-GhkRH..." No wonder he's a praised Delta. Even in human form its noticable how much of his lycan nature resides. It's quite a lot.

His anger comes to an end at some point, due to realization his fingers had hurt Nimona with his nails. His gripping eases, choosing to put up a calm face than to make the Scout worry. He scrunched her up closer with his hands, keeping her warm. "..Sorry...My anger...Got me, for a moment." is the only sentence he let out before picking up that smell. . .

--------------

"Bleeds for the Pack? What an odd name." Caleb lit some more candles making the room more visible. Seeing Bleeds' appearance confirmed that he in fact might've been around Caleb's grandmother's time. Yet, no matter how old a pack member must be, it is rather strange for the Delta that far away, this man does not smell like he is family. Yet, closer confirms Bleeds' was apart of this pack. Nonetheless, Caleb's anger from the unfortunate losses is still affecting his actions. He stared right into the old man's lycan soul, giving off intimidating werewolf feels.

His steps proceed back to the door raising a signal for Nimona. "Come out, Nimo...It's old family. He's not from our Alpha's time it seems." With that, Caleb shuffles his lighter away easing his stance in front of the old man. When introductions came around, the young Delta was going to test him. Caleb has never told anybody his family name inside the pack, nobody is aware of the family lineage. On this night, he will reveal it in front of the old werewolf and his scout, to test how ancient Bleeds really is. "Caleb..Kakabiel. You were searching the wrong place for food." The moment he mentioned his family, Caleb shuffled his hands into his pants and watched Bleeds' every move. "The other one is Nimona. Are you really, from this pack?" 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KanDaKnight said:

"Bleeds for the Pack? What an odd name." ... He stared right into the old man's lycan soul, giving off intimidating werewolf feels.

Bleeds let the glare wash over him, calm and still. "I used to be you. I respect your position and decisions but I do not fear you. You are not my better, you are another tree in the green mother's forest with a different duty."

There were enough enemies to fight. There was nothing to gain by trying to prove something with Kakabiel. "Human mythology. Might as we be Cloacina at least she was useful." He replied to the younger wolf's name. "There is the green mother, none other. My name is the one I use for her - the humans lash and bind her with asphalt, steel, fire and noise - I have no need of the name they gave me." His voice fell, "And neither do you, Bares his fangs."

He looked back over his shoulder at the empty storage, "Never liked kennel food anyway, but I've been busy today."

The wiry, old warrior stepped gracefully around the delta and sniffed at the female. "It was you I smelled in the forest. Bleeding and barely breathing before the leech and wolf showed up." He looked back at Kakabiel, "When the wolf left with her - big breeding male from the scent - the leech slunk off and as I was about to hunt it down I caught the scent of human. I tracked it a way but it vanished. The scent just disappeared. Not like the wind shifted. Not weak and lingering on the ground and leaves, but gone. Completely silent, as if it was never there." Sight was always secondary for him - his ears and nose never shut off, but his eyes closed, even when he slept.

He cocked his head to the side and regarded Nimona, "We need to see the luna." He said, touching the scar that ran over his eye, "My scar aches - blood is coming."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nimona could hear what was going on ahead of her, she listened intently, hearing what either of the pack members had to say. She still rubbed the imprints that Caleb had left on her body, they were throbbing in the sense that the marks were fresh and not yet faded. It was ridiculous, unsettling news to be sure but she was the only survivor who knew she'd seen what she had seen! Ow... Did he really have to do that? I guess when you're mad...

"Come out, Nimo...It's old family. He's not from our Alpha's time it seems." Caleb sounded. Nimona carefully slid off the counter, putting weight on her legs hurt like hell but when the Delta said something he normally meant for it to happen. 

With a slight delay, the young scout slowly made her way to the area in the kitchen that both older wolves were in. She saw Caleb and then... Bleeds for Cats? No wait, that wasn't right at all! She gave a small bow as Caleb introduced her to the old, grizzled hound that was... Bleeds for Pack? She didn't know anymore! However what caught Nimona's attention was when the old hound states that he recognized her smell, and then those words took her back to the forest. What happened between the Alpha finding her and her "awakening" from the trance in the doctors wing was a blur. There were voices and scents... One of which smelt undead, but she couldn't recall necessarily. 

"I think..." The young wolf starts, but stops, trying to recall everything that happened between that time, "The Alpha had found me, but there was another one... I think a vampire, but I didn't see who it was, just heard. I couldn't get a good look at them but the Alpha and that one talked about territories.. I think, and then-"

Everything after that was a blur, then she said, "That's it, I don't know if it was a spell, maybe I passed out, but my wounds were mostly healed by the time I came to... I originally was gonna make something for our Alpha and myself, even fill him in on the report but then... Well you know the rest. I think I agree with you though..."

What an old man. Though, hearing he used to be like the boy in front of him, the new Delta catches on quick what he is trying to say. At that moment Caleb's shields rose down seeing another Delta. "So, you once were a Delta too..I respect that." Caleb bowed his head lightly to Bleeds, also hearing his philosophy on human names. It was quite a relief he didnt recognize the Kakabiel name like how Caleb suspected he would. He has nothing to do with Caleb it seems. The young Delta didn't comment on the opinion over human names, but the spirituality coming from Bleeds is peaceful.

Caleb sat down on a table crossing his arms with a neutral face until Nimona came out. Hearing that he smelled Nimona, this meant he was there. A human smell, also. Caleb hid his facial expressions thinking. "Human smell..Disappearing..Yeah, there isn't a way..It's too good to be true. Did he see the attacker..?" Caleb silently pondered until speaking up. "Bleeds for the Pack, were you there?" Caleb's eyelids lower along with his eyebrows. "Can you confirm if the attacker smelled like an Alpha?" He watched the two conversate until a bunch of details were thrown around. Caleb heard enough though. It seems like he'll have to reach out to somebody else about this. Somebody he saw with the Alpha.

He stood from the table approaching the two. He bumped Nimona's shoulder gently. "I'll help you with the food.." Then, looked back up at Bleeds. "If you're in a hurry to see the Luna, he mostly hangs out at his chambers which is one floor upstairs, past a hallway located in the Foyer. Do you have proper memory of Midnight Mansion?" 

Edited by KanDaKnight
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KanDaKnight said:

So, you once were a Delta too..I respect that."

Bleeds gave an awkward smile, "Not a very good one. Much better at fighting than planning and always considered enemies dead and me alive a victory. Too simple and direct, think."

When the young delta asked him if he was there during the attack, Bleeds shook his head, "No. I was patrolling through the deep forest, and heard Nimona yelp and followed. When I caught the scent of wolf blood I ran. By the time I got there I smelled the other wolf and the leech. When I heard talking instead of fighting, I waited. Then the leech scampered off and the wolves headed here." Had he arrived a few minutes earlier, he might have seen something and certainly gone after the leech. Perhaps, hearing Nimona's story of a spell, perhaps it was best he'd been late. He looked at the girl, "Might be luckier for her that I got there when I did. I'd have killed the leech and it sounds like Nimona, here, might have died if it weren't for the leech."

He started for the door, "When did we stop killing them, anyway?" he asked in a calm, even voice. The world changed. Bleeds knew that, so did he. Just far more slowly. When Caleb - Bleeds disliked that name and called him Bares his fangs mentally - told him where to fin the luna he nodded again, "I see somethings do not change." Bleeds left the room and headed into the half forgotten but familiar halls of the house.

<to the Alpha/Luna Wing>

• Like 1

Nimona listened further to the interaction, surprised and not surprised at the old wolf being a former Delta. She smiled softly but didn't comment any further, until Bleeds for... The Pack(?) left the room and her brows furrowed. She tried her best to remember exactly what happened, however her concerns grew anew when she could finally recall a name of the vampire they had a run-in with. Miana... That's a pretty name... And if I could recall... Nimona felt an immediate shudder of her body as that little lightbulb clicked. She gulped a hard lump and shook the thought away. 

How bad the Alpha not pick up on the old man's scent? Perhaps he was too focused, but she said aloud, more to herself than to the Delta, "But... She wasn't the one who attacked me... It was a man... Nevermind, I just want something to eat, clear my head a little." 

The preposterous thought of the Sun Striders returning, or that one other pack that looked like coyotes rather than wolves, it didn't seem like a good idea as to take an immediate counterattack of any was going to take place. Nimona has heard tales of the variety of nomadic Omegas, vampire clans, the hunters of the supernatural, and even rival tribe Luna's and Alpha's being no match for the Midnight Packs Windcaller. How many high ranking soldiers or even leaders have their own Alpha slew? At a time they had a bard, a singer who came up with songs of victory but- well... He was dead for mocking the wrong person. Whatever, she had better things to do! 

Slowly the scout started to open up pantry doors, cabinets, and the massive fridge they kept in the kitchen, pulling out steaks and sauces and spices. There were mushrooms she pulled as well, maybe not porchini mushrooms but nonetheless white caps would work. She then begun to pull different dishes- including a cast iron wok and another skillet, with several pans out. She then turned to the Delta, blushing slightly as she was about to ask a simple question, one she thought was stupid. 

"Um... Hey... Delta, can you... Help grab the cutting board from on top of the fridge please...?"

Caleb was taken aback by thoughts hearing that a vampire possibly saved his only left scout from that small party. He understood that Nimona also had a memory shortage judging by the information Bleeds had for them. "Why, a vampire. Why..Talking, with a wolf? What does Alpha know about this..?" So much information to keep up with. He wonders if this is why Austin was quite silent and didn't want to be bothered. Bleeds' question gets to him. When did this pack get so soft towards a mortal enemy.

As Bleeds' left, Caleb goes around and pats Nimona on the shoulder. "Come on.." He interrupted her train of thought as he should. Nimona should be resting mentally as well, having lived under such horrible conditions for 3 days. He walked around with her and helped speed up the process of getting the utensils and ingredients. Yet, pondering can be seen on his face as he does so, even grief written on his face over the victims. His choice is to forget about it for now, but in reality he was plotting. 

Though he turns calm when she asks for the cutting board. They were alone now, so the formality was playing with him a bit and how tense she was. Nonetheless, he went to take the board and inspect it. "Don't be so tense." Caleb spoke, turning around and taking a few steps before putting the cutting board down for Nimo. "You can call me by my name. I'm not giving you orders, you can relax." Taking a stance next to her, Caleb observed like always with attention over what she does. A little smile appeared on his face. "Didn't know you could cook. Didn't know you could be so passionate, especially towards a man either." Caleb crossed his rigid, buff arms which were still wounded but the blood was wiped off prior. "Don't tell me you like Austin..You'll awaken certain members' wraths if that is true." Soft chuckles produced by his mesmerizing vocal tones escaped his lips. He couldn't help but tease Nimona a little. 

Edited by KanDaKnight
  • Like 2

As Nimona fired up the oven tops, she already had the steaks chopped up into triangular bits and threw them into a glass bowl, enough for four people. While the pans were on low heat, she mixed together the sugar and the soy sauce in a medium bowl, then add the beef and toss everything together until coated. Nimona the beef marinate for 30 minutes, then drained the beef and lightly pat the pieces dry with a paper towel. Seasoning the tips with salt and pepper, she almost messed up with Caleb mentioned her liking the Alpha. It was a sensitive topic, one she wasn't necessarily expecting. 

"N-no! Not like that! Well... I mean... If he wants to... It's just I've always viewed Austin as more a father figure if anything. He's the reason I'm in the tribe." Nimona admitted.

Meanwhile, to rehydrate the dried porcini mushrooms, Nimona added them to a small bowl and covered them with a little beef broth. Wrap the top of the bowl with some plastic wrap, poking a few slits in the plastic for steam to escape. She microwaved the mushrooms and broth for 30 seconds, then let the mushrooms soften in the hot broth for about 5 minutes. When it  cooled, she tool the mushrooms out of the broth and minced them up. Pouring the leftover broth through a strainer lined with a coffee filter  and reserved the broth. 

"Truth be told, it was Austin who taught me how to cook. He told me how to memorize different spices and recipes, it's why anytime I make something it's for just me and him because everyone's just out there hunting and eating raw kills otherwise any extra goes to waste... I wasn't born Human either, I was pure wolf from birth, but Austin taught me how to balance beast and man... He actually taught me many things since I really had..." 

Nimona stopped what she was doing, her hands froze as she continued with, "I had no one... I was from a very small pack that no longer exists, my parents were in the massacre, I was a little puppy back then... Maybe four in Human years, but then the Midnight Pack arrived and stopped the fighting. I didn't remember much, still don't now, but I know I was the only survivor when he found me..." 

In a large skillet and heating a little olive oil over medium-high heat until it just started smoking. Nimona added the meat to the skillet in a single layer, without crowding, and browned it on all sides, turning with a spatula. And due to how much she had she needed to do it in batches, adding more olive oil when it was needed needed. As the beef browned, she move it to a large plate or tray. To the empty skillet, she adds another tablespoon of oil and the button mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, and a sprinkle of salt. She sauté'd the mushrooms until they started to brown and the skillet has very little moisture, about 7 to 9 minutes. Nimona added the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to brown and the bottom of the pan forms dark bits. Then she stirs in the garlic, thyme, and flour.

"I know that I've had a... Close fascination with Austin, and even now when everyone has little faith in him, I can't help but place everything into him. It seems weird but... Austin saved my life, I've seen firsthand what he could do, what he's capable of... I just sometimes wish he would have a little faith in himself..."

Once the flour was blended, Nimona pours in the mushroom liquid and the remaining beef broth. Then she scraped up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. She brought the liquid to a boil, and using tongs, returned the beef (and any juices from the meat) to the skillet, gently pushing each piece down into the mushrooms and onions. She then turned the heat down to medium-low and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper. 

//Enjoy the recipe you filthy heathens//

Nimona repeated the processes, allowing Caleb to help when it was needed. Cooking and starvation were good distractions from the healing pains, though she couldn't help but feel... Lonely. Talking with Caleb reminded her what an actual conversation was like, Austin had been so busy lately she never had time to talk to him, so Nimona just stick to herself... It wasn't like anyone wanted to be friends with her. Even when she was a pup, she was always viewed as an outsider, albeit she was a pure blood and not some mutt, although she never looked onto that viewpoint. That wasn't like her to be picky at all let alone be classist or act like she was better, if anything, Nimona thought quite the opposite. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Caleb looked at Nimona from her right side, the one he picked to stand by, helping as promised. He was doing a pretty decent job, considering nobody should expect a Delta to know how to cut, sort or know what is what in terms of cooking. Maybe he tried at some point to learn the art, but gave up. "If he wants to, huh?" He brushed his hair back seeming to truly feel joy from how silly she sounds like that. Usually, he doesn't see such side from this Scout in particular. 

Hearing her talk about Austin, but specifically mention being a pure puppy, his expression begins to dampen due to memories flooding. She is making him reminisce over his own self. She doesn't realize this, but they're a little indifferent. He listened with sharp attention about everything she had to say. He looked down at the table thinking over Austin. "No..You're in the right to fascinate over him." The Delta's palms rest against the table with a neutral expression. He was thinking. "Austin, is amazing. That's what I've always thought." 

"Your appreciation is not wrong. He's a great leader. A great lycan. Somebody with justice and pride. I've never met somebody like him..He is a great father, a great Alpha, a great man. There is no doubt about it..He makes me feel..That, I wasn't born a monster." But, something wrong happens inside his strong, cement heart. It begun to crack in an intense matter. "Austin is humane..His morals are like a humans..Yet..Not really. Humans..They.." His eyes widen at what he remembered. His fingertips grip onto the wood with his head dropping more.

He felt a punch in the chest. A cracked heart. Guilt running over his skin. It was too much for him. His eyes begin to sparkle due to water flooding. His fingers tremble, the smell of a broken man running through his expressions. "They..Make us..Look evil. Except...Except.." An odd pause in between his broken words. His fingers ease his golden eyes becoming weak. "...I...I-I....They..." For a moment, blue pearly eyes appear in his mind before easing his grip on the table. His head is kept low as he bears his fangs slightly. Not in anger, in sorrow and confusion. He usually never gets like this. The Delta, watering his eyes? It seemed impossible. But here it was, happening in front of somebody. 

Staying silent helped him take a hold of himself. His stare averted away from Nimona, the feeling inside his chest remaining alive. "Humans. They are confusing.." 

• Love 2

Nimona has fallen silent as she started to grab two platters and silverware for the food. From there she'd set up the placement of the food, the beef tips to one side, mashed potatoes in the center, and macaroni-n-cheese to the other side. Nimona then poured two glasses of sweet tea, she could never go wrong with that. Meanwhile she listened to the Delta talk, taking in every word and emotion he expressed. It seemed like this whole pack had problems with their past, and although she too had past demons at least Nimona looked pass them and move forward. There was no sense in letting history define the scout. 

"H-Hey..." Nimona pressed a calming hand onto the Delta, finally seeing the tears welt before he could even avert his gaze from her, "It's alright. Look, the past is the past, and we're in the present looking for the future, yeah? Humans can be cruel, they can be kind, but a lotta times they are afraid of what they don't understand... Some want to hurt us for what we are, but there are also some good ones out there too." 

Nimona slightly squeezed Caleb's hand, and she gave him a soft smile that could disarm some of the tougher males of the pack, "I'd rather focus on now than then. Don't let your history define who you are... I might be a hypocrite on that matter, but still, I'd rather not see people I care about hindered by what they've done or what's happened to them. Maybe..." 

Nimona put two digits tip to tip and blushed slightly, looking down to the ground, "Maybe... You could come to my room? Hash it out and what not...? I don't have many people to talk to stuff about, so if you wouldn't mind I could use the company..."

"...." Those rich eyes come back towards her slowly upon the contact she made. He looked a little less sad, which is deceiving as he is good at hiding feelings. He made proper eye contact as Nimona re-assured him. She didn't realize this either, but she was touching onto subjects with such gentle approach. "Right..Searching for the future...Correct.." He let her hold his hand, which is a first given. He did something different entirely from normal.

Wrapping her hand around his, he held it and rubbed the top with a thumb. Just observing the little sparkles accompanied by her feminine smile, Caleb wondered if he should be direct. Since she understands his pain, he wanted to show his Scout he understands her too. "This is only between us..Please, keep it that way." Caleb wrapped his hand around hers further. "I'm full-blooded. Or, as you know it. Pure wolf." He confessed his background. "It's like you spoke to me. I know what you feel..I know the horrors and trauma, of being somebody who's beast came first before the human." He pulled her hand with a slow pace up to his eye gaze. "You're my Scout. As the Delta, I must say you're amazing. And I see..That you respect me. I know it's hard to believe me face to face..But, I am proud of you like how I'm proud with your peers." Caleb nudged the top of her hand with a kiss for a lady. "...Not to mention, you're a great cook."

He smiled once more, forgetting his troubles. Yet, she steps a bit further. Although, originally he had different plans, the person involved is probably busy with personal matters. He can't say no to any of his Scouts, especially wounded ones that need spoiling. Though..How Nimo invited him sounded a different way, to which his eyes slightly lower their eyelids, his eyebrows straighten and he looks at her with an 'are you serious?' expression. "Nimona..You can't be doing such things with me. I'm your superior Delta. You're much more in touch with your beast than I thought.." 

Edited by KanDaKnight
  • Love 1

At first it was a crush obsession in the since that a handsome man was holding her hand back, even kissing it. They understood each other now, and such a moment of he could kiss her cheek she wouldn't mind. They were troubled individuals, the lot of these wolves, and it was clear that with a little time they all could become a proper pack and not a bunch of broken pieces. Such a tender moment was also ruined when Caleb thought that Nimona was suggesting that approach.

Caleb commented her enough, and maybe it were the pheromones setting in due to how close to mating season was, but alas, she did not view the pair as that close! Not at all! 

"Wait- what-?!" Nimona snapped immediately out of shock, then took two loud steps back and with an tone of disgust she said, "Eww! N-No! Not like that Caleb, I meant if you need to talk or hang out like friends, not like that?! Jesus!" 

Nimona picked up the platters in either hand perfectly. Internal embarrassment setting in as well as feeling grossed out that practically her boss thought she was going toward a sexual direction with her suggestion. She passed him quickly, the pain still there but now she was focused, "You're such a guy!" 

With that, Nimona had left her Delta alone in the kitchen, even leaving behind the cups of tea she poured for herself and Austin. Even forgetting to offer Caleb any food! 

//Exiting the scene. Good job bud//

• Haha 1

"...." Caleb stood there blinking ever so slight at the embarrassed scout. He took out one from his cigarette box and lit it capturing it with his lips. The roll-up flopping up and about as he spoke. "Nevermind, you're still very much a puppy." He lit the roll which caused the smoke to puff out in her direction. As she left he gave the tea cups a peak before promptly tuning his head back around. "You forgot your tea-!" But, she left too soon it seems. "..Nevermind. Well, whatever. Guess I should go to Samara.." 

Caleb mumbled under his lip hold, turning around and grabbing the cups. With fingers gripping the top section of the cylinders. Placing them inside where Bleeds was searching he left them there, to which he closed it off and rose up once more. He did something well, even though she didn't treat him any food. Which was alright. 

With that he headed off leaving a trail of smoke behind himself, deciding to go for a serious visit on the Doctor's Wing, for the questions he is about to en-tail onto the Gamma herself. 

(Thanks bud.)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up