GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

@Dozle The Crusader

*Once he was sure the people in the bath had heard him, the butler left he had much to do and little time to do it, since he was in the bath he goes to the basement where Adam was supposed to be only not to find him there, he flows the service entrance find its outside*

"Master Adam is it? If you follow me, I think we can take the service elevator to the kitchen and from there to the dinning room. I hope you find the food to your palette"

*Its clear the butler doesn't know much about Golems, in fact he is treating Adam like he would any other guest of the Lady Gold*

@MIroque

"I do not know how long you will be staying with us but if its more than a few days, you may yet meet the a scholar"

*She says taking a glass, using the drinking time to figure out how to response, Kendra knew very little of magic and she took the time to figure out how to answer diplomatically*

"You are welcome to do any magical studies you wish so as long as you dont endanger the lives of any person or animal not just in the city but the whole of the coast"

*She puts the glass down and dares to ask a question*

"You are welcome to stay as long as you wish. But if you dont mind me asking what brings you and the Lady Gold, and so many other powerful people to our little town?"

@MIroque

*Kendra smiles finding herself in surer footing. She knew something's about the Lady Gold, she was a fellow aristocrat*

"I doubt my sources are better than your own. But what I know is that she an extremely wealthy woman, said to be able to buy anything regardless of cost. She is also famous for extravagant tastes, both in objects and companionship and the are rumors of shall we say deviant tastes. Not that I am one to judge"

*Kendra was either intimidated by the eleven princess or the wine was getting to her, so she said more than she should*

"Some say she was blessed by the Gods, others that she was cursed by them. I guess one would have to ask the Gods to know."

*She puts her drink down*

"Forgive me I have said too much, one should never speak frivolously about the Gods"

Edited by PsychoSexual

I seem to walk into some sort of conversation that sounds rather serious, but given my lack of Outland manners, I simply sit down where I wish, this time it happens to be next to one of those talking."Greetings everyone. What is the topic you are onto? Perhaps I may give some Mainland perspective on whatever you are discussing. I will have you know that I am considered by far the most knowledgeable about Outland where I am from", I  simply let out, though I try to wait for a window of opportunity to do so.

@Dozle The Crusader @WritesNaughtyStories @agdiv @Balthier @JennyDK

*The butler takes Adam to the service entrance and from there to the second floor through an elevator, an elevator that groaned and stopped several times as they tried to lift the 5000 pounds of the Golem, a task achieved by a dozen men, a system pulleys and some magical help. From there they managed to enter the kitchen in the second floor where most the goods needed to be carried. The double doors allowed to Adam to reach the dinning room but he had to move carefully his wait seemed to be make the very floor groan*

"I must leave you here Master Adam, I have to find to inform the rest of our guests about dinner"

• Like 1

Just now, WritesNaughtyStories said:

The dark haired gladiator looked up from the idle chat of the conversation to the ratfolk who'd spoken. "Nothing, mostly." he answers with a grin.

He gives her a nod, "I don't believe I've had the pleasure. Ferax, and you are?" Ferax says, bowing in his seat.

I see a fully new person sitting in here and no one else seems to have arrived yet."Ohh, hello. My name is Nishka Fleetfoot. There are just so many new faces and names to keep track of. I will write yours down...then we may chat more freely", I quickly greet and comment to the battle hardened muscled man before me. I sit down and smile gently afrer writing his name and overall description in my journal."Oh, sorry about that. I need to take a lot of notes. A pleasure to meet you as well. Are you part of any sort of group? I did not see you earlier, so I wonder. I hope you will forgive me, for I have a lot of questions about Outland. You see, I come from the Mainland and I am here to do a lot of research", I try to explain fast and easy to Ferax.

@PsychoSexual

Nepthtys smiled and toke an sip from her goblet. "SHhh... friend. Nothing you said meens nothing to me, as I am drylander here. Gods per se, are beings of... wierd tastes here. I meen no disrespect, but our gods have been worshipped here aswell, but for eons, they have not. But the lady Gold, she has....deviant tastes.. in my book too, and you are right, she has been cursed by gods, or god, that I do not know. But...."

she toke another bite from an small biscuit before continuing ".. is there anything that could be done to betterment of your enstablishment. I command an military unit and as we both know.. men with idle hands..."

The veteran gladiator holds up a hand, "Easy there, Nishka, you said right?" he adds with a friendly smile. "I am not fame for my note taking so you'll need to slow down a little so I can keep up."

He slides the tray of fruit he's been picking at over to her, "You're from the main land. Got that too. What's this about a group, though? I do run a ludus, but I don't think that's what you mean."

• Like 1

@MIroque

*Kendra listens and wonders, there always rumors of danger in the coast but instead she says*

"I couldn't impose, specially not with Swallowtail Release festival starting so soon. But I will keep my ears open and if I find a task worthy of your men, I will let you know."

*Kendra looks at the moon outside it was so high, it was getting late*

"If you forgive me Princess. Is getting late and my duties are never done. Please come into the city at your convenience."

large.1484819209_02HaiLinh.jpg.abc058abddaf27d679e58ffbb8a50071.jpgA slight young woman with pale skin and raven hair takes the seat at the dinner table allocated for Kazumi. She is dressed all in black, twin short swords of a custom design strapped across her back. Her loose fitting clothing reveals little of her figure, but she moves with grace and the confidence of a warrior, despite her apparent lack of armor.

"Greetings," she says to the two already at the table. "My name is Hai Linh. I am here on behalf of my mistress, the sorceress Kazumi. You may speak to me as you would speak to her."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

The veteran gladiator holds up a hand, "Easy there, Nishka, you said right?" he adds with a friendly smile. "I am not fame for my note taking so you'll need to slow down a little so I can keep up."

He slides the tray of fruit he's been picking at over to her, "You're from the main land. Got that too. What's this about a group, though? I do run a ludus, but I don't think that's what you mean."

"Ohh, sorry. I tend to ramble a bit at times. Even folks from home try to slow me down. And yes, Nishka is right", I reply with a more calm tone of voice now that I am asked to take it more easy."Ohh, silly. You don't need to take notes, but I do". I laugh lightly at the notion of it being a shared obligation. I happily reach out for some fresh fruit. Most of these are either very exotic to my homeland or fully unknown."Oh wow, such colours. Ohhh...yeah, I am, a big swamp a good way away. Ohh...well..this group who is here. I stumbled into them on the trail. A lot of stuff happened, but we can go over that little by little. Really, I promise to give you room to breathe and take it in". I grab what looks like a yellow fruit with an odd feel to it. So I simply bite into the banana and soon grimace."Ughhh...a weird mixture of sweet...and not so sweet...how do you eat this?", I quickly comment to mostly nobody."Ludus? Is that your tribe?".

@IsabellaRose @JennyDK @WritesNaughtyStories

*The butler had only meant to invite those that Lady Gold had hired, but seeing the beautiful woman and more importantly with hers words in hand the butler lost all resolve to send her away*

"If that is what Lady Kazumi wishes, I'll accommodate her."

*The Butler says not certain what else to do, he decides to move to the last straggling guests*

"I have been looking for The Red Wizard and Osirian princess, has anyone seen then?"

@JennyDK @IsabellaRose (in passing)

Ferax looks around at the gathering luminaries, "No. I think I was a late addition - and truth be told, I'm not entirely sure what I am an addition to. Finding that out is why I'm here." He looks from the garrulous Nishka to the armed Hai Linh. "Can you offer some enlightenment on that matter, Hai Linh?"

The gladiator turned his dark, deepset eyes back to the ratfolk chronicler.

"Had I known that I could send one of my ludus to tend to this, I probably would have. I think my money counter would have been better suited to this.". He continues, taking the banana from the woman and peeling it, "Just the white part." he finishes, handing the peeled fruit back. He regards his fingers a moment and rubs them together before picking up a date.

"The ludus..." Ferax begins, working his jaw from side to side, "No, it's not a tribe, although mine kind of works that way. It's a business. I'm a pimp for gladiators is the plainest way to put it."

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories

@WritesNaughtyStories

*The butler can see the Gladiator is getting impatient and since he is talking to voodoo priestess with whom he also has business he decides to kill two birds with one interaction*

"Master Ferax, please allow sometime for the rest of crew to arrive. But since your time IS valuable"

*The butler puts a bag in front of the Gladiator its 500 pieces of platinum*

"That's just to hear us out. I hope that will help make you less restless."

@JennyDK

*He turns to Nishka*

"Mistress Nishka, I do not know what currency they use on your lands but everyone else has gotten their share please accept yours as well"

*Handing her a bag of 500 platinum pieces*

"Oh, that's easy enough to answer. Lady Gold wants to stop this evil thing called Shar and prevent the destruction of the universe", I briefly explain to him as I would have liked that information earlier too.

"Moneyyyy? What is that? I have never heard the term before...or ludus, for that matter". I look in wonder as the peel comes off the fruit and I look at the thing weirdly."Ohhh, haha! So what are these called? Thanks for helping me out. That is kind of you". I then begin to eat it, taking much more delight in it of course.

"Pimp? Gladiators? Outland sure has many, many new and alien words to them. Can you write down the defintions real quick?", I ask him and open up my journal book in which there are many entries of various lengths, the last of which being very explicit details about her first time doing sex.

4 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

*He turns to Nishka*

"Mistress Nishka, I do not know what currency they use on your lands but everyone else has gotten their share please accept yours as well"

*Handing her a bag of 500 platinum pieces*

I receiving a bag full of metal discs of a different shape and colour than those I have."Ohhh, more shinies. I was handed another kind of these when I helped some merchants who had issues in Mainland. Why are you giving me these though? I don't do metal work", I say with great confusion.

"Well, that, sir will hold my attention - but I am a curious creature by nature. Apologies if it appears to be impatience. Long I lived in shackles - I am good at waiting. However," he says with a crooked, smile, "the whip scars on my back will attest to a poor record of doing so quietly."

He points to the rapidly disappearing fruit, "Banana."

When Nishka asks him to write, he laughs again, "I barely read. Writing is well beyond my ken."

"I would do well to see your home, I think." he adds, returning to her question and tries to explain what a gladiator is, that a ludus is one part school and one part stable and that the arena is sacred ground, where men and women are tested, where death is met head on and victory is celebrated. IF he hasn't bored the poor researcher to death, the gladiator will go on to explain money, as best he can.

• Like 1

@WritesNaughtyStories

*The butler smiles in understanding to Ferax and gives him a nod*

@JennyDK

*He makes sure that Nishka takes the money.*

"Because the Lady Gold wants you to have it. It will be surely be useful to you in your travels, it is payment for your services or a gift for your company in these travels. However you wish to see it"

@IsabellaRose

*With that out of the way he decides to offer a seat to Mistress Linh*

"Please relax and take a seat. I am a butler and uncomfortable guests must mean I am doing something wrong."

Edited by PsychoSexual

I quickly draw a small illustration in my book and add the word "banana" to it. Simple and easy.

"Ohhh, I see. Truthfully, not many of my kin do either. It is mostly us voodoo doctors, spirit folk and elders who take it up and learn. Perhaps I could teach you. We can learn from one another", I utter back, a wide smile on my face and the glistening in my gaze telling of my eagerness to learn even more.

I sit back and try my best get stuff to eat, listen to him explain such concepts, although they may not end up being fully understood. All of this goes into the journal of course."Ohhhh, you would be welcome. We are very happy to see Outlanders. They are just rarily there. Which is why I decided to go out there and write everything down, from fauna and to grand villages. I am thankful for your interest in my culture and Mainland", I tell him and finally get to have a bit more time to eat up.

"I thank you for the gift. I will be sure to try and understand 'mårneyyy' you speak of", I tell the servant.

Hai Linh nods to the butler and takes a seat. She listens to the ratfolk and the gladiator, waiting for a break in the conversation before speaking.

"Nishka speaks the truth of our goal," she says plainly. "My Mistress has informed me of the challenges we have been asked to face. We seek to defeat a Runelord freshly awoken after a ten thousand year slumber whose power could rival that of nations if he is allowed to martial his forces. If we defeat him, we seek to defeat a goddess who wishes to end everything and return the world to nothingness."

She reaches for a date and meets Ferax's stare. "My mistress tells me we are not likely to survive confronting a Goddess, but that we certainly won't survive if she remains unopposed."

With that, she pops the date in her mouth and chews, her expression impassive.