One thing I wasn't certain about here since joining.  Is the idea that everyone's characters are part of one big family or is the idea to cover to cover a bunch of separate families?  I'm guessing the later would make more sense, but wanted to make sure.  And since it looks like you want pictures instead of profiles, is the idea that all characters are at least 18?

• Love 1

I kind of thought of that myself. I originally thought it'd all just be one family, but then it would it leave it only with limited parents? You can't have multiple moms and dads, after all.

So I guess it wouldn't be a whole set family, but if you add characters you could have one that would be for brother roles and another for father roles, etc. Then when you're setting up an RP with someone you can set them up accordingly.

If you got better ideas, lemme know. I'm new to club running and just king of winging it. XD

There is only one way to figure out - that is by trying and run with your ideas and adjust over time. It is all a process after all.

I think setting up individual RPs in separate topics would work. Having an OOC channel and/or one for looking for partners could be another.
It really depends on how you want things to be run. I personally try and make things all have their dedicated space.

I don't think it would be unmanageable but that's me. Thinking about it adding uncles potentially adds their families as well. Might need a pinned post in OOC for a list but I don't anticipate a big enough player pool too have it become too much of an issue.

I'll volunteer as dad, obligatory "cool trouble maker" uncle and/or grandpa.

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories

So far that's the way it's been happening. Since it seems the idea of one core family hasn't really taken traction yet ( although it appears Nate, Jacob and Yukina are all siblings and Yukina and Nate are twins) it doesn't seem immediately necessary for too much more.

What do you think sheets should contain?

I fully support a single,large extended family - uncles, aunt's, cousins, grandparents... And some kind of list to keep track. Opens lots of possibilities for each family and the extended relations.

I've been involved in a long term rp family before. One that lasted years through multiple members. I've been a mother and daughter in these roles and they involved so much more than just sex. I was also a sister/aunt and we were all on the police force. We were part of a large community of those like us. 

What kind of family settings or groups would interest you then?

My age is going to show a bit here, but my knee-jerk settlers or pioneers got me thinking about something like Darkover or Lost in Space - as crashed space ship with a large, extended family. Other families were supposed to be part of the colonization effort but their pods or whatever got destroyed.

What's left is the family, and they have their wrecked ship for shelter, some tools and a lot of time to kill while they try to build some kind of life.

It's thin on sense, but it might be a fun set-up.

Or, do we keep on with the random pairings?

I was thinking (shocking, I know), perhaps I would keep the one RP topic for random pairings and such... and if yous guys want to set up one big related family, I can add another for that. Maybe make some kind of spreadsheet diagram thingy... I dunno.

As far as settings... not sure about time period, but what if they were some kind of royal family obsessed with keeping the bloodline strong and such?

I have spoken my thoughts on the matter. I personally won't be jumping into huge jumble gym of various relations. If I need a sheet to keep track of who is what to who and so on, that just ruins the fun for me. Better to keep it individual stories with those who wish to partake in those.

If you want to set that up, I won't stop you, but do not expect me to join in.

@JennyDK I don't think it has to be as involved as Valnis. I think a simple list of grandparents, their kids and their resultant families would be plenty. Maybe a short description of ages, who played the character and the characters interests. A ton of which could really be included in the already in place Family Members album. Just give each image/character the name that's on the list.