OOC talk for Monster Academy.

Having a more structured and strict system is honestly probably the better option. I’ve had at least 6 years of combat rp and a good portion of that was straight up inventing combat systems. I’ve found that the less structure there is, the bigger risk of crybabies trying to bs through the fight to victory saying things like ‘there isn’t a rule saying I can’t do this’ and all that, so I totally agree with you Icarus

BUT we are on a casual smut website, and this is a small event in a slice of life hentai. Everyone I’ve talked to here has been really mature too, so I really doubt that the people here are going to care very much about what happens. 

Especially since everyone here made their characters with lewd things in mind, instead of making a dedicated fighter character. Tbh the victor of the tournament has probably already been decided when they made their character lmao

God I love structure so it really pains me to say it... But we could probably get away with a simple honor system

But hey, I’m literally the newest guy here, so y’all don’t have to listen to me at all if you don’t want to lol

• Like 2

Even if such an event should occur, myself and other trusted members I would have as judges will point out such stupid reactions and most likely make it count against their performance.'

I did not create any characters with direct lewd intentions really. Some are more "fit" for it, yes, but that is never the first and foremost idea. The first concern I have is to make characters that seem fun to roleplay as as a whole and which are different in type, personality and so on. The academy is also not directly aimed towards smut - how much or little smut each member wishes to engage and with who is up to each member. Personally, I love the more story and slice of life focused scenes more than the smutty ones.

I hope that the members will put their trust in that I, my moderator and appointed judges will be fair and reasonable.

• Community Administrator
8 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I did not create any characters with direct lewd intentions really. Some are more "fit" for it, yes, but that is never the first and foremost idea. The first concern I have is to make characters that seem fun to roleplay as as a whole and which are different in type, personality and so on. The academy is also not directly aimed towards smut - how much or little smut each member wishes to engage and with who is up to each member. Personally, I love the more story and slice of life focused scenes more than the smutty ones.

I'm the same, here. Literally none of my characters were made with lewding being the main focus. That is just interesting side stuff. Like this tournament. I don't think it's a good idea to over complicate things, especially as it isn't the main focus of this group. 

My thoughts, which I shared with Jenny earlier (not in this thread), is that ultimately it's going to have to be up to Jenny to keep drama down, and to keep things fair. I don't think a player should have more than one judge at a match, and they certainly shouldn't judge for another of their characters (I believe that point was already bought up, but it's so good it bares repeating). Generally, players might be happier if they're allowed to judge how they wish, however Jenny should always be prepared to step in if they feel like someone is being unfair, or trying to rate another character down to give their own an edge over others. 

As long as everyone is acting fair and reasonable, I can't imagine any real problems coming up.

• Like 3

I have put a lot of time, creativity and effort into making this a, hopefully, creative, fun and diverse experience, with a lot of help from my lovely members. So I would really prefer to have my concept not dumbed down to being "a hentai", which it is far from being. Let me be honest: I find it a bit insulting and rude to do so.

I am glad and happy to hear support as well potential criticism. This is how we can push forwards ideas and solutions that will suit and please the majority as much as possible.

By now, I think a lot of members here know me well enough to be aware of my personal ways of going about planning things and the like and hopefully we can meet satisfactory conclusions and compromises.

Edited by JennyDK
  • Like 2

Just now, JennyDK said:

I have put a lot of time, creativity and effort into making this a, hopefully, creative, fun and diverse experience, with a lot of help from my lovely members. So I would really prefer to have my concept not dumbed down to being "a hentai", which it's far from not. Let me be honest: I find it a bit insulting and rude to do so.

I mean, if you create a roleplay on a site called EcchiDreams, the implication is that it's going to be with sexual content in mind. Even more so considering that the persona you tend to show is definitely deep into sexual content - even your avatar is erotic in nature right now. It's not a stretch to consider your clubs would be so as well.

Besides, it's the players that make the club in the end. For many, this club will be a way to act out their sexual fantasies, which is just the nature of this website. A "hentai", if you may.

More often than not I use non-erotic profile images. I just happen to use one I find pretty sexy at the moment. Honestly, I don't think I am being smutty as a general thing even. Yes, of course I do smutty roleplays and like smutty stuff, but anyone who know me well enough, knows my focus is way more on the non-smutty really.

Is this a website for lewd roleplays? Yes, of course, but that doesn't mean that vast majority of scenes and such in this particular club is of such nature. I see tons of roleplaying happening here that builds relationships between characters over time and character concepts being fleshed out and put into various situations.

Is it run mostly by the members? Yes, of course that is quite true, which is why I am aware of the general tone and scenes that happens here. The nature of each club should be outlined by the owner of said club. For instance, I run another one entirely devoid of smutty content as it is just not suited for it - is this "a hentai"? No, it is not and shall not treated and named as such because it's simply not what it's aiming for by the owner or the members.

I very, very much appreciate the members who are regular here and I highly enjoy the content they put out - whether I am active in it or not, but in the end it is still me who sets the boundaries, tone and such for the club I have created. It is then up to each member if they wish to participate under these conditions.

12 minutes ago, Where Is My Car said:

Definitely didn’t mean it like that, I was just trying to put my two cents in where I have experience. And to be fair I literally just got here so I don’t know what this club is like yet. Totally didn’t mean to sound insulting ^^ my bad

Thanks ^^ I hope you can understand why I was bit displeased with how it was presented.

• Love 1

So I have an idea, guys. Let me know what you think of it:

My student, Julia, is considering making an academy party committee, basically wanting to have a club where she and other members plan events for the academy made by students, for students.

Would anyone else be interested in joining?

Hello and good day everyone! 😄

No rush at all. I assume most did some mother's day yesterday, for instance. I hope you are enjoying our scene so far?

I would also really like to kick off first mock battle today.

So a start I think Malikah would be good fun - so anyone let me know if you wish to spar a bit with her.

Hello all,

depends on the mock battle were you looking for a human or a monster?

i have a fox demon or my demonologist if you would like?

anyone looking for a partner, I have the following characters available:

Millie and Coco - maids for monika thompson

Roselina Davidosn - An ex-student demonologist

Ryder Foster-Price - Fox Demon 1st yr student

Hello everyone. I hope you are all feeling well today and have had a good start for the weekend.

It would be great to see some more scenes being made lately. I certainly would not mind a few myself, especially with some of the characters I have yet to use or not used a lot.

I would especially really be thankful for the mock battle.

Since it has been a while since I wrote them, I will repeat my prize ideas:

• Scroll/recipe/location of a familiar of the winner's pick
  • A gift certificate for a 5 star restaurant
  • Cash prize
  • Notes from a top tier graduate
  • Tickets for a sports game or other social event
  • Their portrait and plaque as the first of the wall of tournament winners