OOC talk for Monster Academy.

No problem. That has always been my approach with new people in any of my clubs.

There are no limits really. I have tons of them myself. There are also a few staff positions available as well.

Understandable. Luckily, the way things usually work here, is that people discuss and execute scenes they want to do between them.

That is indeed one way to do it. I am also happy doing a 3 person scene too if you guys want. I try my best to be flexible. Also, let me know if any of my characters interests you to do a scene with.

By the waaaay - your characters can even gain familiars.

• Woohoo 1

1 hour ago, JennyDK said:

No problem. That has always been my approach with new people in any of my clubs.

There are no limits really. I have tons of them myself. There are also a few staff positions available as well.

Understandable. Luckily, the way things usually work here, is that people discuss and execute scenes they want to do between them.

That is indeed one way to do it. I am also happy doing a 3 person scene too if you guys want. I try my best to be flexible. Also, let me know if any of my characters interests you to do a scene with.

By the waaaay - your characters can even gain familiars.

Ahhh, I'm excited! I'm definitely gonna have to check out the staff roles, and then your characters, cause a 3 person scene sounds great =D

• Like 1

Honestly I think it's a great idea. It's a  good way to keep things fresh and alive. And it sounds like a fun way to get different characters to interact, i imagine itll have some pretty funny moments.

When I hosted a club, the idea of fun events like that never crossed my mind, so I'm definitely stealing that if I ever host one again lol

As for the staff positions, what positions are open exactly? Are there like, actual positions to fill in, like PE coach or w.e? Or is it more like there's a numerical limit to the amount of staff and there's a few slots open? Asking for reasons >>

Edited by Matty
  • Woohoo 1

Our first event. a school dance, was really fun and interesting to do. It does indeed help things not feel same-y and such. A good deal of variety often helps thing. Like you said, also good way to make people interact more and hopefully start relations with characters they may otherwise never interact with.

Go ahead ^^ I have also implemented world plots for my open world fantasy club.

There is a topic listing every position and who holds which position currently. You can find the current staff position listing and staff member profiles in the OOC tab just like this one. If yuo think there are more possible options for staff positions I have not covered, feel free to suggest it/them.

• Love 1

Cap'n! I have questions!

Like a lot of questions actually <<

Like, how defined are these staff positions and how much I making up for them? Such as the history teacher, is there lore here that id use or would I'd be making it up? Or the librarian, can i say that I'm a spirit who haunts/maintains it? Etc etc.

Just wondering about the possibilities here so I can decide what might interest me the most

10 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

There is a topic listing every position and who holds which position currently. You can find the current staff position listing and staff member profiles in the OOC tab just like this one. If yuo think there are more possible options for staff positions I have not covered, feel free to suggest it/them.

7 minutes ago, Matty said:

Like, how defined are these staff positions and how much I making up for them? Such as the history teacher, is there lore here that id use or would I'd be making it up? Or the librarian, can i say that I'm a spirit who haunts/maintains it? Etc etc.

I will treat these as two questions as they look that way:
1: There is no set lore as such. I don't want to make players read through a novel of lore stuff and neither do I wish to write it. So you have a lot of freedom in this regard. The only thing I can think about, where you may need to ask me, is if there something huge part of lore you wish to consult me about.

2: Yeah. I have defined monster as something that originates from various mythos, folk lore, religion etc. So that is indeed possible.

Edited by JennyDK
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JennyDK said:

I will treat these as two questions as they look that way:
1: There is no set lore as such. I don't want to make players read through a novel of lore stuff and neither do I wish to write it. So you have a lot of freedom in this regard. The only thing I can think about, where you may need to ask me, is if there something huge part of lore you wish to consult me about.

2: Yeah. I have defined monster as something that originates from various mythos, folk lore, religion etc. So that is indeed possible.

Mk! I just had my Thanksgiving so ill go ahead and give everything a once over before making a character. Should I dm you if I have any questions or is here just as fine?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matty said:

Mk! I just had my Thanksgiving so ill go ahead and give everything a once over before making a character. Should I dm you if I have any questions or is here just as fine?

Sounds good to me. No rush either, so you can do it whenever it is fitting for you.

Either here or privately. It is really up to your preference.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2021 at 00:27, Kitsuyumia said:

Well i finally posted

Ngl, was kinda hoping we ( @JennyDK, you, I and whoever else wanted to), could plot something out together? Since we're looking to introduce our characters around the same time, I thought maybe this might be a good opprotunity to do that ;;>>

5 hours ago, Matty said:

Ngl, was kinda hoping we ( @JennyDK, you, I and whoever else wanted to), could plot something out together? Since we're looking to introduce our characters around the same time, I thought maybe this might be a good opprotunity to do that ;;>>

I have no idea what "ngl" is supposed to mean.

I am happy to do a scene with any of my characters either of you would prefer from me.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mega_Lorandto said:

No, not yet. Nor have I gotten any characters. Though my brain is still churning on that duo character I brought up the last time I sent you an EcchiText.

Just let me know if you need any help or inspiration. Sometimes we overthink way too much instead of simply trying to put something out there and go with that.

55 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Just let me know if you need any help or inspiration. Sometimes we overthink way too much instead of simply trying to put something out there and go with that.

I shall.

Just to clarify something rq: I can have a case where a monster inhabits the same body as a human and have the human not really have his own magical powers (at least to start with) and him still get into this school as the monster's host yes?

3 minutes ago, Mega_Lorandto said:

I shall.

Just to clarify something rq: I can have a case where a monster inhabits the same body as a human and have the human not really have his own magical powers (at least to start with) and him still get into this school as the monster's host yes?

That is an interesting idea. What monster is it specifically? Is it a voluntary situation?