Assembly hall

He smiled when she pat his shoulder. As intimidating as a dragon was, she did seem rather nice. His ears perked up a little more at Yala @RadChad asking him the classes he was going to take. His tail swished back and forth, the bushiness of it swaying side to side. "I haven't actually picked most of them yet. I know I'm going to take PE because I get restless if I'm not physically active throughout the day. My parents were pushing me to sign up for a human relations class so that I could be more comfortable with them, so probably that. I'm not very magically talented, aside from one trick that I have been working on, so I don't know if I would be good at any classes like that." He raised his head a little higher, trying to get himself to stop being so meek.

Edited by Thatannoyinggod

Hayate looks to the daemoness @Multiversal and nods in understanding. "Fantastic news, then.  Your enthusiasm and lack of fear will prove beneficial to your studies if you choose to apply both them and yourself.  Potions and transformatives are both very wide topics with a great breadth of things to learn and master!"  He did know of her... struggles with prior years.  "If you find other classes difficult to motivate yourself in, we can work to find something a bit more stimulating for you, I am quite sure."

With an ambiguous smile, he turned back to the wolf boy @Thatannoyinggod and the dragoness @RadChad  "I have quite a few openings in both my classes, sadly. It seems that without my explanation of the topics they don't seem very interesting to young students such as yourself!"  He laughed and looked to the dragoness with a quizzical look on his face, losing himself in thought for a few minutes to her question. "I have.. only ever heard of extracting the bile from a dragons pyrotic glands happening after... Well, death!" he laughed for a little too long.  Looking back to her, he grew a fervent determination in his eyes at the challenge. "The problem sounds fascinating, though!  I am sure some sort of waiver would need to be involved, but I would be extremely interested in the properties of a fresh sample.  I may need our monster biologist, Ms Metsä's, assistance in the matter, however!  In fact, I will go search for her and see if she holds any interest herself!"

He quickly turns to the daemoness  @Multiversal and the white haired girl @YokoYamichi and says "If you'll excuse me, it has been an absolute pleasure meeting you two but I must go make an inquiry with a colleague.  Enjoy the rest of the party, and i hope very much to see you in class. Feel free to stop by my lab in the greenhouse any time!"  As he quickly turns on his heel, it's not quite clear if he winked at the two of them or not.

Edited by Toshiflow
  • Like 1

She was definitely zoning out, so much going on she was having difficulty focusing. She stood there still as a strength support for Atmer @Thatannoyinggodat some point she had started petting his head. It kinda helped keep her somewhat grounded whilst hopefully acting as a reassurance for him too. As Toshi @Toshiflowleft, she nodded. Again her words were somewhere her head was not. She made sure to stay in somewhat some close company of Zadria @Multiversaltoo. No offence to all the others but she could only process in small doses. She was terrible in crowds and was easily overwhelmed.

• Love 1

(Holy shite people I have like, four or five bloody responses in one reply here...)

@Thatannoyinggod
“If no one else knows you, get to socializing. That, it cause scenes. I think you’d prefer not making yourself look like a shitty clown.” 
She said to Atmer, blowing out another puff of smoke before realizing her own cigarette was pretty much burnt out at this point. The daemon then saw the wolf kid unbuckle his muzzle, seeing sharp teeth before she ended up grinning a bit to show her own sharpened teeth. “Nice teeth. You wolf kin eat meat especially after all.”

@RadChad

Zadria pulls out her pack, opening it and groaning, putting it back into her pocket after crushing it. “Sorry, ran out... Damn, I wanted another. Don’t feel right without smoking something.” She says, taking out the cigarette in her mouth and crushing it on the floor like the other previous cigarette butts. She needed to bring two packs from now on. Social gatherings made her hella tired, even if these people were nice overall... well, most of them.

@Toshiflow

Zadria would turn towards Toshimura, listening to him talk about the potions and transformatives of his class... as well as offering her some help when it came for motivation of other classes. She honestly didn’t wanna get kicked out, so she decided to go along with it seeing as this school was too good to just get kicked from. “Just keep things interesting and let me sample that tobacco to make my own cigs, and I’m all in for your class. Though other classes? I can’t say I’ll be too happy with em, especially English, but otherwise I guess I could give em a shot. Peace for now Toshi, I’ll come by after this celebration is over.” She said to the teacher with a bit of a smile, seeing him leave shortly after... though she couldn’t care less if he winked at her and Yuumi. Still made her feel weird, though she noticed her human friend sticking close in the group. Couldn’t blame her, she was probably still uneasy despite having that surge of confidence from earlier.

@Arknight
However Zadria would quickly be turned around, her hand immediately bursting into flames as it clenched into a fist, raising it to punch whoever the hell touched- “...Tch, don’t do that shit to me. Your going to become deep fried if you do that to me again. Though to answer your question, no. I’m not one of the Damn teachers or faculty here, just a third year who stayed two years extra.” The daemon said, seeing Anne’s eyes wander lower and narrowing her own eyes in response. “And stop ogling. Do I really have to cause a scene this damn early into the school year? Also don’t touch the flower, then I’ll really burn ya to a crisp then.” Zadria said with a threatening tone, clearly upset at this point from the sudden touchiness of the random squid-like monster. She couldn’t help it, too many times has she experienced moments of sudden contact. The daemon wasn’t gonna be having none of it if it continued on.

• Woohoo 1
  • Haha 1

(Hehehe you're popular @Multiversal)

He smiled nervously to Zadria, nodding with that she said. He was relaxing a lot now with Yuumi petting him and his nose getting used to everything. He even felt more like his actual self when he spoke to Zadria. "Yeah. A lot of it. But I also do have a bit of a weakness for sweet things." His tail swished from side to side and his demeanor was shifting away from the meek and nervous state, and now it was like he was a puppy ready to start running around.

"Hiikk!"  Anne stifled a squeak in her mouth, reacting by raising her hands as if she were being pointed with a gun while showing a terrified face.  Her tentacles very sensitive to the heat of the flames involuntarily twisted as she began to slither back, nodding non stop at the warnings or threats of the demon who which she does not yet know the name, she ended up making a light bow and an apologetic hand gesture as she started to withdraw without saying a word feeling a dejavú.

I'm making everyone angry today’ she sighed with her eyes closed in depression, feeling safe by now that she had moved a few meters away from the group.

• Woohoo 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/15/2020 at 3:54 AM, CloudedMoonBeam said:

Stark, even though was only a first year, was a very unique person who adored books almost as much as he loved his coffee. 

When Mr. Marlowe mentioned the school's library,  Stark's tail began to sway alot faster and a big toothy grin appeared on his face .

"Are..you..serious!?" Stark's said wide eyed as his jaw dropped. The giddy feeling of like a child opening gifts of Christmas day. He was practically vibrating with excitement and his turquoise eyes glowed bright in the response. 

"Wow! Six years? I bet you've seen so much go through these halls. I desided to enroll here so I can learn more about my witch side. My mother passed away not too long ago and it was her dream that I go to school with other monsters my age, so in weird sense...I'm fulfilling her wish." , he said just before smiling sweetly and drinking the rest of his coffee.

"Mhm," Victor murmured in confirmation between two long sips of coffee. "Not all volumes are available for the first-years, I'm afraid, but I'm sure you'll find more than enough for your satisfaction." He was glad the conversation was bringing such joy to the boy. It felt almost like giving someone a gift for Christmas. He smiled, as he listened to the young wolf-man. "Witch side, hmm? Our librarian, Mr. Illrean is one of the most knowledgeable mages I've met." Not that I've met many, he reflected. "I'm sure he'll be happy to help you in your pursuit of knowledge. As a matter of fact, I think I just saw him go outside. If you'd want to speak with him, that is."

• Love 1

Yala patted Atmer's head @Thatannoyinggod reassuringly implying that he dose not have to worry about being meek.

@Toshiflow" I just had a thought if there way a way to cover up that scale with something that couldn't spark the chemicals might come out on their own if I draw my jaw back, it may just be a matter of not mixing them to isolate each component, but this would be a harmless way to extract it. Which sucks because I wouldn't mind someone plying doctor on me,.. I mean this is a lovely party." She scratches her head. "Well, get back to me about this I should be signing up for your class." 

"Well I'm going to fly to a store to get cigarettes I'll be back in a few minutes." She picks up her little treasure pile of booze and puts it into her book bag, she leaves the group and the hall then goes outside to fly to the store. flapping her dragon wings and lifting off the ground she flew away from the assembly hall and into the city stopping at the nearest convenience store. when she got there she got her self some juice and six packs of cigarettes paying for everything with the silver change she had in her jar. She paid for everything without incident, the way her breasts looked and her tail tucked between her legs made it seem like she was not even naked just very skimpily dressed. 

Edgar clapped at the end of the headmistress' speech. He was eager for the new school year to begin. All of his children were back and there were more for him to watch over now too. He took a walk around the hall, giving warm greetings to everyone he passed by. With every step he took, another patch of brightly colored wildflowers rose from the floor in his wake. Ah. What a lovely event. Everyone seems in good spirits, and nobody has caused any damage for me to repair. he thought as he made his way deeper into the various crowds of students and staff members.

• 2 weeks later...

"Ah shit... I think I took a couple wrong turns." Troy thought he had followed the headmaster's directions correctly, but obviously not. He had ended up in a large hall with several large trash cans filled with what looked like party decorations leaned against one wall. He scratched his head and hoped he wouldn't get lost like this every time. "Definitely got to take the time to learn this place." He saw what looked like a woman dressed like a member of an army on the other side of the large space. He flipped through the staff booklet, finding her name within it. "Um... Ms. Blackwater @JennyDK? Could you help me out a little bit? I'm supposed to be getting to the dorms, but I think I got a little lost."

• Like 1

The Southern state born woman stops leaning against a wall and franctically try to put away a cigarette as she is adressed all of a sudden and from the looks of it, he is another human. Something she rarily gets to talk to around here, since most troublemakers are monsters."Well hello there. Who might yah be? Yah don't look to be 'round here. What business do yah have at the dorms? Ah'm sure since yah mah name an' face that yah know what ah do here. Security's mah business and ah would like to know more before ah tell yah anythin'", she replies back and takes a quick look at him, to make sure she doesn't spot any weapons.

He walked over to her slowly, hoping he wouldn't get himself shot without working even a single day here. "I'm Troy Havershan. The headmaster just hired me as the new librarian. I knew your name from this staff list she gave me." He held his hands up and waved the booklet at her. "As for why I am looking for the dorms, that's where I was told I could find someone named Anpu. She's supposed to be my assistant." As he got closer, he dropped his hands slowly, hoping that she show of relaxation would calm the head of security down and keep him from dying that day.

She stays silent for a moment, trying to think about her impression so far and luckily her hands are not on any weapon currently."Ahhh, ah see. Yeah, the ol' one done got himself fired, but nice tah to see another human here. Now, don't get me wrong, most monsters do fine and all, but it be among them monsters yah find most troubl'makers too. Were yah told to visit this here student in their dorm room? Ah would think it tah be more appropriate tah maybe wait till they's in the book room. If yah really want to go there that badly, ah can follows yah there. Not like much happenin' 'round here this instant anyhow", she replies back and straighten her tactical vest.

He smiled at the other humans reassurance from his presence. "Its nice to see another human as well. I take it there aren't many here currently? And yeah, I thought it was a little weird to be sent to a dorm room, but I wasn't going to argue with the bo...Headmaster." He caught himself when he was going to say boss, not technically working here yet. "And yes, I would love to see the library! I have something I need to look for in there anyway. Um... do you know of a way that the Anpu person could be notified that I will be in the library?" He gave a small smile to Mary, happy to have met someone that knew their way around this massive school.

"A'least in the staff, no. so it is kinda reassuring to know ah'm not alone here. Ah think we are the only humans here on the staff, maybe beyond just the kitcken personal", she respond back, seemingly much more relaxed and yanking up in her belt. She looks around the room a couple of extra times for good measure."No problem Mr. Havershan. Ah will help yah get this place here memorized in a snap. Do yah have some sort of map? If not, ah got an extra yah can have. So just follow me and we can get yah guided. As for this Anpu student...hmmmm, ah can do that for yah if yah wish".

He gave a small wave to her offer to get ahold of the assistant. "It can wait until we get to the library. And a map would be greatly appreciated." He smiled, deciding to enjoy the company of another human, especially if he can get an idea of how beinh around monsters will be from another human. "So, no other human staff huh? Sounds like it'll just be me and you. Heh. Are there any particular monsters that cause more problems than not? It would be helpful to have another human's accounts of working around monsters every day. Gives me an idea of what I'm getting myself into."

She hands him a small, but detailed enough map he can keep for reference."Allright. We will talk 'bout it when we reach it then". She too takes some joy in having what seems like a very normal conversation and hope that this might bring a bit more diversity and thus perspectives into the staff group. Right away she leads on while they converse."Ah reckon so. Aint like it will be a big problem though, with me being the only one uptil yah came 'round. Of course, ah have the means of putting up a proper fight", she says and laughs lightly and give some thought to that particular question about any of them being most bothersome."Hmmmm...ah suppose sum o' them lust demons can be considered huge troubl'makers. Funny thing...they's never gotten the best o' me! Other than that, it really depends on the individual. Even the headmaster herself can be a...handful, at times", she finally ends off with.

He took the map and placed it in his back pocket. As she lead the way, he followed and continued the conversation. "Well, if you ever need a bit of a break from all of them, feel free to let me know. I'm sure the library stays quiet, and if not we could go have a beer and bitch out our troubles haha." He chuckled, hoping his offer of potential friendship would be taken well. "Lust demons eh? I bet that makes a lot of issues for everyone. Even the headmaster? Yeesh." The knowledge that even the headmaster could be a handful made her seem even more intimidating to him.

She nods understandingly and even give off a rare smile of hers as they walk and talk."Ahhh, ah'm not sure how many breaks ah'll have, but ah will take yah up on the offer though. Ah never turn down beer either - not sure if ah need tah bitch 'bout my small issues, but yah are welcome to say hello and we can see what might be on tha agenda", she says, suddenly realizing this is the second offer for "hanging out" she has gotten in such a short while. She is not quite sure how to feel about that, but it sure doesn't exactly hurt or bother her. In any case, there might be free beer and free dinner on the horizon."Ah probably makes it out to be harder than it rightfully is. Did she pull any o' her flirtin' on yah during the interview? No..noo..I guess not or yah would probably had shown up redder than a hog's butt on a July evening!", she chuckles out.

• Haha 1

At her asking if the headmaster had hit on him, he had a little bit of a stunned face. "No...she was quite professional. Though she did grin a lot. It was a little unnerving." He couldn't quite picture the stoic, polite headmaster he had just had an interview with randomly hitting on him at their first meeting. But then again, this is a monster we are talking about. Who knows what kinds of secrets anyone here are hiding.  He continued to follow Ms. Blackwater, trusting she knew where they were going. "So, how did you end up here? You look more like a battlefield would suit you, not security for a school."

"Oh, yah mean she kept having this here smug grin on'er face? That is perfectly normal and standard, you see. Don't take it personal one bit", she reassures him and even patted his shoulder gently in a friendly manner. The trek towards the grand library and then she is asked something like this, taking her a little bit by surprise, but nothing that really bothers her in any fashion."Hehe, ah suppose yah have a point there, mr. Havershan. There aint that much tah tell really. Ah was part of an elite military team once, sent on various missions in foreign places. Sadly, those sorta things just kind of...takes a toll on yah in the long run, especially when yah have to kill a lot of people to do a job. Honestly, ah joined mostly tah solve problems and not really tah put bullets intah people. Got tired of the whole shindig and left without looking back. The next thing, ah was kind of headhunted by the headmaster here. She...apparently had seen what ah could do..and knew ah was needing a good job. So...here ah am", she says and finally they reach the large wooden double doors to the library.

He suspected that she was military, but her story slightly surprised him. "Wow...yeah I could see how that might weigh heavily on anyone. Well... seems the headmaster is one to give second chances to all...even a couple of humans." He smiled at her and then looked at the massive doors. " And looks like we have just arrived at mine. Thank you, Ms. Blackwater. For both the help and the conversation. It was really nice. Come by anytime. Oh, and could you still let Anpu  @Icarian Dreams know that I am here. I have something that I'm pretty sure that I'll need her help with." The talk had relaxed him enough that he didn't even think about the fact that he was reaching for the door knob of one of the doors. He opened it and stepped in, cringing as he heard the clatter of metal on stone as the doorknob fell apart behind him. "Damn it."