Court yard

Mary mostly looks at him funny, her quite unsure what makes the young man so jittery and on edge."Nah. Why in the world would yah be in trouble? Just don't go startin' trouble. Ah'm partially also here for the party, so no need to be so nervous", she tells him whilst still keeping an eye on the surroundings,

"Ohhh! ...indeed, why would I be in trouble.." Ashura murmurs to himself. "Say, do you um, always carry around all these guns and stuffs?" Ashura sounds much more comfortable now as he asks, "Granted I haven't been here for long, but I have never really seen anyone causing any kind of troubles." He adds curiously.

She takes a look at her "arsenal" as he points out the several weapons that is within reach for her, a satisfied grin plastering her face as she does so."When am'h on the job then it's pretty needed. Yah never know when yah might need some heavy duty firepower. Things can be nice and quiet, but the next moment...BOOM......POW...explosions...gunshots! So yah don't want to be caught off guard or unprepared!", she says, making big bodily gestures while she talks.

"Whoa there!" Ashura ends up chuckling as she was acting out the sounds of explosions. As the inhibition has passed now, if anything Mary looks more cute than intimidating with her ways of doing what she is doing, "They seem quite heavy though, don't you get like, even a little tired?" As he is talking his eyes are roaming around the place, observing the snacks and the drinks. "Say, let's get a drink or something?" He asks with a smile.

Julie was interested in the party and the people there. She found herself spying on Mary and Ashura. Maybe it was because she was an underwater predator that she could hear their conversation from her lake. She thought their encounter with each other was vary funny. She giggled weakly before resting her eyes. She hoped that know one came over because she didnt think she could restrain herself from attacking them. She was starving and was willing to eat anything right about now. 

large.1243368996_Screenshot_20201222-212756_CakeBrowser.jpg.5ed3e7b98f5621ac6c8c972a9ebd203d.jpg

Edited by SilverGirl20

9 hours ago, Nafarman said:

"Whoa there!" Ashura ends up chuckling as she was acting out the sounds of explosions. As the inhibition has passed now, if anything Mary looks more cute than intimidating with her ways of doing what she is doing, "They seem quite heavy though, don't you get like, even a little tired?" As he is talking his eyes are roaming around the place, observing the snacks and the drinks. "Say, let's get a drink or something?" He asks with a smile.

She gives him another slightly questioning look and a raised eyebrow, indicating that she likely finds it to be a silly question. In reality, she doesn't really mind that much and it is rare for her to converse with students on anything other than playing tour guide or dishing out warnings and punishments."Ah'm just used to it. If anything, it aint as heavy and cumbersome as the gear yah to wear in special forces sometimes", she lets him know about herself indirect this way. Then she looks toward the snacks and refreshments."Ah wouldn't having something nice and cool, but ah will have to stick to the non alcoholic kind tonight, yah know", she continues to respond whilst making her way over to get a root beer.

"Special forces?" Ashura seems really surprised. "So, wait, did you like, retire from there before joining here? You look so young! Good genes huh?" As the words come out, Ashura realizes it is quite awkward of him to say something like that out of the blue. "Erm... I think I am talking too much, my bad" He adds in a nervous tone while following Mary to the drinks table.

"I know what you mean, I can't really handle alcohol well either nor do I understand how anyone, specially humans like this alcohol thing so much," he says, standing beside her and grabbing a glass of apple juice.

Mary stays silent on that topic as it's not really much of a fun topic and even less so a thing she should speak much about in the first place. So instead she focuses on the new and more fun one."Oh no no, Ah love alcohol, but when ah'm on the clock it aint exactly the best idea tah have. Luckily, the headmaster gives me a few days off after this party is over with. That is when ah can start to let more loose. So, did yah make any buddies here yet?", she responds back, unaware of ther person overhearing their conversation.

"I see, alcohol just brings out the worst in me for some reason, especially if I am carrying my weapons. I love slicing things, and everything seems slice-able if I get drunk" Ashura says while taking a sip from his juice. "I wish, I am not really good at making friends" The young demon says, smiling awkwardly.

"Say, does anyone live in that lake over there?" Ashura points at the direction of the lake behind Mary. "I think I can sorta feel someone's aura over there, a little bloodthirsty... I could be mistaken though, my instincts aren't my best forte"

Julie kept watching and listening because that was all she could really do. She couldn't leave the water for more than a hour at a time before needing to return. She had already left not too long ago to search for food, but what she found was not enough for a sea serpent. Now she needed to rehydrate her scales. But maybe it was a good thing that she couldn't leave the water at the moment. 

She was resting and saving up for energy so she could pounds on anything that came close. She was hungry enough to eat anything from a stray corndog to a bird or even a fellow student. And that was saying alot because she didnt particularly like getting feathers in her mouth or that taste of other monsters. She absolutly hated the taste of human food. Humans on the other hand looked vary appetizing. She had promised the headmaster that she wouldnt eat any but that promise was getting harder to keep. 

She sighed softly and thought to herself: I really need to stop thinking about food. That would only make her more hungry. 

Edited by SilverGirl20

19 hours ago, Nafarman said:

"I see, alcohol just brings out the worst in me for some reason, especially if I am carrying my weapons. I love slicing things, and everything seems slice-able if I get drunk" Ashura says while taking a sip from his juice. "I wish, I am not really good at making friends" The young demon says, smiling awkwardly.

"Say, does anyone live in that lake over there?" Ashura points at the direction of the lake behind Mary. "I think I can sorta feel someone's aura over there, a little bloodthirsty... I could be mistaken though, my instincts aren't my best forte"

"Ah guess we all act different to alcohol. Ah don't think ah need to say how bad yah aim gets even with just a small amount, hahaha! Maybe not carry yah weapons when yah drink then? It seems like a bad idea altogether....as for that lake over there? Ah really have no clue. Yah sense...an aura? Well, yah're free to look if yah wish, it's a free country after all", she says, not sure what might give off such a thing. For now, she provides herself with a few snacks to her mouth and still keeping a vigilant eye out for any trouble.

"I never do anymore!" Ashura said with a slight chuckle. "But you got that right, to each their own. Have you ever been drunk on duty? You know, something is making me curious now to see you drunk." He added, laughing a little more. "And yeah, that lake... my kind are great at sensing auras, but I am terrible at that. So... I don't know, I mean what's the worst could happen with this much security around" Ashura chuckles nervously again. "Anyway, so, what do you do for fun?"

She snickers a bit at his curiousity about her drunken state. She will admit that she never really heard anyone wonder that before."Not really, no. Ah like to keep mah private life and work pretty divided. As for how ah am when drunk...that will have to be a mystery, hahaha!", she says, not really seeing it fit to discuss that with a stranger. Being asked what she does for fun seems more appropriate."Ah like to go to the shooting range regularly. Did yah ever hear about a rodeo? Not really much of that 'round here sadly. Ah also like dirt bikin' and proper survial in the wild".

"Mystery? Alright I like a good mystery" Ashura smirks, taking a long sip from his drink. "Rodeo?" His eyes widen, "You can do ro- ahhh makes sense" He instantly believes what she has said as his eyes fall on the arms she is carrying again. "You are quite wild, I like that. I would ask you out on a date if I am being-" Ashura suddenly stops as he finally realizes what he is saying, "Erm... I think I am talking too much again.." He says with a nervous smile, awkwardly scratching the back of his head with the free hand.

Julie was happy to hear that someone was planning to come over. She was until they decided not to. She huffed and splashed her tail in aggravation. She was starting to miss her ocean. There was plenty of food there and she could actually eat her fill. Sea monsters weren't ment to hunt on land. When she was in the ocean, she could eat a shark or a whale if she wanted. She bit her own arm put of frustration. She dug her sharp teeth into her cold, wet flesh. She fragrant smell and taste of the blood seemed to calm her for the moment, even if it was her own. 

Edited by SilverGirl20

12 hours ago, Nafarman said:

"Mystery? Alright I like a good mystery" Ashura smirks, taking a long sip from his drink. "Rodeo?" His eyes widen, "You can do ro- ahhh makes sense" He instantly believes what she has said as his eyes fall on the arms she is carrying again. "You are quite wild, I like that. I would ask you out on a date if I am being-" Ashura suddenly stops as he finally realizes what he is saying, "Erm... I think I am talking too much again.." He says with a nervous smile, awkwardly scratching the back of his head with the free hand.

Of course, Mary is no fool and can easily tell that the boy seems interested in her. She is flattered, of course, but doesn't really feel the same way in return. Still, she aims to be polite and well mannered."Let me be frank with yah, so as to spare yah the effort: Yah are not really mah type. Ah'm flattered you would be interested in me, but it would be cruel of me tah string yah along just for the fun of it. Ah'm sure yah would do better with some of the students 'round here as yah do seem like a nice kid", she tells him and sips some more beer.

"Chill, chill, I already had figured I am not your type." Ashura says, laughing a little. "The words just kinda slipped out, I didn't really mean to say them out loud. I'm glad you aren't mad." He adds, before putting down the empty glass on the table. "Also, thanks; I try to be nice cause you know, it doesn't cost me anything." He then looks up at Mary and smiles a little, "Er, I think I made things awkward again, sorry 'bout that. Well, enjoy your evening!" Ashura waves at her with a warm smile before turning around and pacing through the courtyard again, visiting one table to another, checking the snacks and the refreshments.

Julie finally let go of her own arm. She trembled and panted for a minute. She managed to calm herself down but now her arm hurt. She licked her lips clean and then started to lick her injured arm. It was the only way she knew how to stop the bleeding. "I should hurt myself. I cant hunt if I eat my own arm. Why is this place so short on food?" She sighed softly. Now she was just talking to herself because she had nothing better to do. She kept licking the blood from her arm with her long pointy tongue. 

"Of course ah aint mad. Yah would not want tah be around for that, hahaha! And no...yah didn't, but ah do have to get back tah work", she says in earnest and truthfully."Thanks for the company and have a lovely evenin'!", she says and smiles, before then sitting down her empty container and getting back to her post once more.

The smell of snacks of various kind even reach the lake by now.

She sniffed the air and whimpered softly. The smell of human snacks made her feel sick to her stomach, both because she hated human food and because she was starving. She still couldn't leave the water. She would get sick for staying out of the water for too long. She had already gone out of the water for as long as she could to hunt. Her stomach growled as she buried her face in her arms. "I want to go home." She whimpered softly. As a survival instinct, her powers caused as storm to form above her. Normaly she would use this storm to sink a ship and eat its contents, but there was no ship. It was an electrical storm without a target. It was small a the moment, centered over the lake. However, the lighting from it was already striking random things. 

Edited by SilverGirl20

Edgar walked into the courtyard, looking over the scene of all of the students, staff, and guests socializing and mingling. He smiled to himself as he was very happy to see that the dance was in full swing, and everyone was enjoying themselves. While he was here to socialize himself, he also thought this might be the best place for him to keep an eye on everyone and make sure nobody steps too far.

Julie kept her face buried in her arms as the storm grew in the clouds over her head. The drakeness in the clouds seemed to be spreading like a plague. It cause blue lightning to strike closer and closer to the school. She could feel the strong winds upsetting the water in the lake but ignored it. She wanted to attract something edible. 

@Thatannoyinggod

Victor stepped out of the Dining Hall hastily, keeping a close and slightly worried eye on the rapidly-growing anomaly. This thing definitely didn't look normal, and the fact that it was moving towards the school building was not really comforting either. The last thing they needed right now was more electricity issues...

He rose his arm above his face, trying to shield himself from the gale, and attempted to slowly move closer to the source of the commotion, not really sure what to expect, but feeling that he should try and do... something about the situation.. He felt slightly relieved as, from the corner of his eye, he caught the sight of the vice-headmaster also just entering the area. If anyone knew what was going on - or what to do here - it would have been him. "Edgar!" he shouted to the man over the tempest. "What's- What's with the storm?!" He questioned, the powerful wind making it hard to even speak out loud.

4 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

@Thatannoyinggod

Victor stepped out of the Dining Hall hastily, keeping a close and slightly worried eye on the rapidly-growing anomaly. This thing definitely didn't look normal, and the fact that it was moving towards the school building was not really comforting either. The last thing they needed right now was more electricity issues...

He rose his arm above his face, trying to shield himself from the gale, and attempted to slowly move closer to the source of the commotion, not really sure what to expect, but feeling that he should try and do... something about the situation.. He felt slightly relieved as, from the corner of his eye, he caught the sight of the vice-headmaster also just entering the area. If anyone knew what was going on - or what to do here - it would have been him. "Edgar!" he shouted to the man over the tempest. "What's- What's with the storm?!" He questioned, the powerful wind making it hard to even speak out loud.

Edgar had indeed noticed the abnormal weather, his long green hair flowing about in the aggressive wind, He looked around a bit until he noticed Victor calling over to him. "I have a possible thought! Please follow me." The vice headmaster made his way over to the werewolf teacher, occasionally having to push his tie from his face. "If we head further into the worse parts, we might figure it out. If the wind gets to be too much, just grab onto my arm." The earth elemental began a slow walk through the crowds of people, looking around to see if he found anyone chanting or channeling any magics. As winds picked up, he made his feet sink into the ground, keeping him from being blown off course.

Julie wasn't exactly sure how her storm would affect the area around her. She had never used it on land before. The only time she had ever used it was when she was on the brink of death in the ocean. When she was younger it happened alot when ships ran into her or a shark took interest in her. Her true form was bigger now. The last time a ship ran in into her it sunk. What did humans call that ship again, the Titanic? It gave her a bad headache after but provided alot of food. 

She growled as she caught herself thinking about food again. Her body glowed slightly amongst the darkness created by the clouds. She was a natural luminescent color and even glowed at night.  Her storm turned the pond into whirlpool. Luckily she had already eaten all the fish inside the waters.  So she didn't have much control over her storm and had to pull herself farther into the grass to keep from getting sucked into her own whirlpool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1