[Main OoC] Behind the Scenes

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Elena Ichinomiya said:

Actually i did plan her to meet everyone there. Or was it too soon/sudden? I do admit it felt kind of rushed...

I don't think it's too soon/sudden. Time in that place is pretty warped, so you could end up having your character seemingly wonder for hours and meet up with the others only an hour after she got close to them (from their perspective). The place isn't a static place from what I understand so I think you could use that to your advantage here.

3 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Does anyone want to start a backrooms exploration RP with me? 😄

It will be mostly improvisation on my part though as I am not going to follow the wiki very much.

The Backrooms lore has been expanded a lot to be pretty complex, with over a 100 levels and filled with various entities. I am not sure what Aura is intending on adding to this RP. Right now it's just level 0.

What kind of exploration are you thinking? I currently have two characters. Take your pick :3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Community Administrator

I believe the community that is doing the lore of the backrooms has already laid out at least the first 100 levels. I'm not sure if Aura is intending for other levels at this moment in time due to low numbers which is totally fair and reasonable in my opnion.

As for escaping... there is no escape from the Backrooms. Essentially people end up here by no-clipping out of reality. It's why the levels are so huge and confusing and why time is a lot more... fluid. 

• Senior Staff
13 hours ago, Elena Ichinomiya said:

Actually i did plan her to meet everyone there. Or was it too soon/sudden? I do admit it felt kind of rushed...

Not at all too sudden or too soon, I'd say! Your character's just in a bit of an awkward situation right now. Let me know if you need any help figuring out a way to catch up, but since any character's mental state can shape the rooms, you can feel free to get as creative as you want with finding your way there!

• Love 1

• Senior Staff
15 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I personally would rather do my own levels and how they look like and so on. I do not see how it would be unreasonable to expect such an RP with someone able to escape.

This roleplay is inspired by the Backrooms, it's not a recreation of it. It emphasizes inter-personal relationships and how specific character types interact with each other, it's a tool, a blank canvas, to help roleplayers explore and flesh out a new character concept before using them elsewhere.

I understand this is inconsistent with the extended lore of the backrooms and I do see the appeal in the environmental aspect of the Backrooms. This particular iteration, however, is its own scenario inspired by the original post detailing the Backrooms. If you would like to create your own club to explore the lore of the Backrooms, you can certainly feel free.

• Senior Staff
25 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Could you rephrase and simplify what you mean? I got kind of lost in your message and did not understand what you meant. My idea also have nothing to do with exploring any set lore as I prefer to create my own levels and such.

What I mean is simple: This roleplay is not about the environment, it is more about playing around with characters and how they interact in a blank environment.

I simply acknowledge that I understand the confusion, because The Backrooms has a lot of extended lore that heavily focuses on environment. But this is not *that* Backrooms. There are no other levels.

Just now, Aura said:

What I mean is simple: This roleplay is not about the environment, it is more about playing around with characters and how they interact in a blank environment.

I simply acknowledge that I understand the confusion, because The Backrooms has a lot of extended lore that heavily focuses on environment. But this is not *that* Backrooms. There are no other levels.

Oh, so your version is not about a single person trapped in there? Doesn't that take away the aspect of loneliness and despair in such a place?

Allright, I see. So is there some sort of "goal" in mind or ending?

• Senior Staff
Just now, JennyDK said:

Oh, so your version is not about a single person trapped in there? Doesn't that take away the aspect of loneliness and despair in such a place?

Allright, I see. So is there some sort of "goal" in mind or ending?

Yes and no.

It does take away from the loneliness aspect in that there are characters interacting with each other, but this isn't intended to be a recreation of the Backrooms creepypasta. I just liked the surreal, otherwordly and dream-like environment, thought it would make for an interesting environment for a more fundamental roleplay concept.

The Backrooms in the creepypasta definitely works better with a single person. This scenario, however, is inspired by the image, not the creepypasta.

I don't have any particular ending or even narrative or story in mind for this roleplay, that's not the point of this scenario at all. It's more like a sandbox for characters to explore. It's not even necessarily a scary place unless that's how a character interprets it.

The goal of the story is to help players get into the minds of the characters they're trying to create by posing them with a simple question: "Your character wakes up in an empty room, how do they feel and what do they do?" It's more a challenge or exercise to see how interesting your own characters can be. Ideally, a well-designed character can be interesting and fun to play with nothing but that simple premise. Is your character delighted to be away from the stresses of daily life? Are they terrified of never being able to get home? Do their survival instincts kick in, or do they want to take the opportunity to have some fun? And as other characters are introduced, how does their energies affect your character? Maybe a scared character will become delighted when they meet a friendly, playful character who's free-spirited and just trying to have fun. Or, maybe that free-spirited character will become horrified when they stumble across somebody who is being driven insane by their environment? These are the sorts of moments I want to create with this roleplay, all the while the grander purpose of the environment remains an enigma to everyone within.

I intend to create more characters and threads soon to help convey this idea better. For example, I want to write a man who believes the world is a dream, that his actions have no consequences, and develops a god complex, dictating that everything and everyone inside belongs to him. I'd also like to introduce Sheila, who is an android that has experienced lasting trauma that she does not understand despite once having an understanding of human emotion.

Of course, this is an erp website so I absolutely expect a lot of people would want to use this club for quickie hookup style roleplay, which is a-okay as well if that's how the characters involved see the environment.

TL;DR - The goal of this roleplay is character development, the entire premise here is 100% character-oriented and the more anyone tries to look to the environment for answers, the less they'll find.

• Love 1

I am about to make my first post within the Backrooms and I welcome anyone to join as it is open. All I ask is that you be as dedicated to the story and character growth as I am and don't try to bang my character three lines in. ❤️ 

As for some questions I have, I know you mentioned it's possible to find certain items in the backrooms.

I wanted to make sure my character would have a means of eventually discovering herself and I was lucky that I chose a photographer to work with. In my initial intro I have it set up to where she clips into the backrooms with a camera in hand. Is it possible the camera could've clipped with her and just ended up in another room? I feel it gives my (or another's character) a good goal if she remembers at least that fact and they both set out to try and find it. In turn, if it has photos on it that could lead to more memories.

But even if most photos became corrupted, I do think its a fun quirk where at least she has her camera and can take photos again of the things she sees around her- just provides good opportunities for character interaction too. However let me know if this goes too far from what you imagine for your world. Thanks !

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up