[Main OoC] Behind the Scenes

• Senior Staff

inline_image_preview.jpg

This is the main OoC thread. This is where most discussion about the roleplay will go. Feel free to make a post discussing your own ideas and what you would like to do! You can ask any questions you'd like if you need help getting started or just introduce yourself and ask other players about their character. Please keep in mind that, as time goes on, certain players may become inactive. Thankfully, the nature of this RP allows for one character to participate in multiple threads at once. So no need to worry about any characters being caught up in a story already. Use this thread however you feel is necessary! Please just mind the rules on the club's home page!

• Love 1

• 2 months later...

I rather like the idea of this as a kinda paradoxical mental prison or reality bending complex... the only question is what are the limits for room layouts? Can we find rooms that extend for miles in a direction for some reason? Can we find more hard set room features such as pools or closets? Are rooms allways square or can we find L shaped ones or circular ones? Do normal physics apply or can one room lead into another thats say... turned 90 degrees sideways? Do physics work the way our characters think? Or do standard physics apply? And well magic and such does not work would natural abilities such as a cheetahs speed or a scorpions poison still work? 

That ended up being more of a brain dump then i intended,  but i wanted to ask anyways since i find the location interesting 

• Thanks 1

• Senior Staff
47 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

I rather like the idea of this as a kinda paradoxical mental prison or reality bending complex... the only question is what are the limits for room layouts? Can we find rooms that extend for miles in a direction for some reason? Can we find more hard set room features such as pools or closets? Are rooms allways square or can we find L shaped ones or circular ones? Do normal physics apply or can one room lead into another thats say... turned 90 degrees sideways? Do physics work the way our characters think? Or do standard physics apply? And well magic and such does not work would natural abilities such as a cheetahs speed or a scorpions poison still work? 

That ended up being more of a brain dump then i intended,  but i wanted to ask anyways since i find the location interesting 

Yes to all of it! Except for the pool, there is no food or water to be found in The Backrooms and that includes chlorinated pool water. Though there's nothing saying you can't find a dried up pool. For the sake of consistency, normal physics always apply. However, you may still find a room with furniture bolted to the wall or ceiling. Or you may even find furniture stacked up on the floor as if the entire room itself had been rotated 90 degrees and everything fell to the side. You can find rooms of all shapes and sizes due to the infinite reach of The Backrooms, but they do generally follow simple laws of architecture. You're not going to find a room that looks like this or anything:

0a823423111aa5b695241bf0dd1db801.jpg

Keep in mind that these rooms have to exist in a massive network of other rooms. Behind any wall should be yet another room. The entire labyrinth is a single floor so you're not going to find stairs at all.

However, the main purpose of this roleplay is to be forced to focus entirely on your characters and their interactions rather than tropes tied heavily to specific settings. For this reason, I suggest not focusing too much on the design of the room you're in unless it's necessary for a particularly desired interaction. Anomalies are to be particularly rare. Most rooms should look the same in any given direction and you'll always need to turn a corner in order to find something unexpected in a room that otherwise looks ordinary. Thank you for reminding me about this issue! I meant to include a section on anomalies in the exploration thread.

Natural abilities do work, yes, as they are not magic. The only reason magic is disabled is to prevent people from simply using their supernatural ability to see the past or travel between dimensions, etc., thus breaking the illusions of the entire story. No character within this story is to know the purpose of The Backrooms. However, if your character happens to be an angel or fairy, your flight would be considered to rely on magic. But if you happen to be playing as a natural species with wings, you could theoretically fly up to the roof and break through only to find yourself trapped in the void, so there shouldn't be an issue with any abilities like these. If there are any other inquiries please don't hesitate to let me know!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ok u have a few follow up questions then

You mentioned no food or water, but also mentioned you can find sex toys... where does flavored lube fall in this? Or lube in general? 

If natural abilities function would characters with say increased natural regeneration function normally? Increased stamina? 

If a mermaid character ended up here would anything happen to help them move around? 

If someone took a string and went through multiple rooms trying to find the other end of the string by circling back, is that possible? 

If there is no cookies would all the shortstack goth GF's be sad? (Joke)

And well i understand the setting is aimed to avoid characters being affected by their environment, the setting is so interesting and unique that it might be hard to avoid making something flavored based on it

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
2 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

Ok u have a few follow up questions then

You mentioned no food or water, but also mentioned you can find sex toys... where does flavored lube fall in this? Or lube in general? 

If natural abilities function would characters with say increased natural regeneration function normally? Increased stamina? 

If a mermaid character ended up here would anything happen to help them move around? 

If someone took a string and went through multiple rooms trying to find the other end of the string by circling back, is that possible? 

If there is no cookies would all the shortstack goth GF's be sad? (Joke)

And well i understand the setting is aimed to avoid characters being affected by their environment, the setting is so interesting and unique that it might be hard to avoid making something flavored based on it

I don't think flavored lube would be considered food in this case.

increased natural regeneration and stamina would be considered supernatural abilities. Unless your character has traits of a starfish or something along those lines, you would not be able to regenerate in any supernatural way. However, it's up to you and your partners to decide whether or not everyone can fall asleep and wake up to, say, that hand you cut off being right back. Additionally, your hand getting cut off could not even be real for the continuity of another thread.

A mermaid may be a difficult character to play in this setting. You could take the approach that perhaps such a character would be able to transfigure between having legs or a tail based on whether or not they're in water. While transfiguration would be considered a magical ability, you could argue that not being able to transfigure leaves you trapped in whatever form you were in. Alternatively, I suppose your character could wake up inside of a large fish tank on wheels or something. At that point it would be considered a personal item. Though you might find that excessively restrictive. And again, you could always do both! In one story, you could have legs and wander around like a normal person. In another thread, you might be in a tank of water with a tail, only able to move around in that confined space unless someone finds you and pushes your tank along. That latter idea could actually make for some pretty interesting interactions.

Absolutely, if you leave a trail you can always find your way back. The rooms are infinite, but they are unchanging.

They might be sad, or they might be too distracted with the newfound opportunities unfolding before them~

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
Just now, DreamsnThings said:

Fantastic... is there a way you want new threads/rps to start? Or is it kinda just a free for all, start a topic, and join someone kind of thing?  Also can you have 3 or more lost ones (members) in an rp, or is it intended mainly for 1 on 1?

However you want to do it! Each thread is a new story and can have as many characters as you want. If anything, this roleplay format encourages having lots of characters together since you don't have to worry about one person going inactive and everyone else's characters getting screwed over. Of course, if you're more comfortable with 1 on 1 that's just as good! You can develop your character more intimately that way.

Of course, I strongly recommend creating your character and then finding someone here to discuss your ideas with before starting a new thread.

• Like 1

Fair enough... in that case ill mention the 2 characters i have in mind here now and go from there...

The first one i thought of was a rabbit girl, human aside from some minor things like bunny ears and a tail. With a personality somewhere between shy a skiddish, but affectionate once she starts to trust you. I imagine her coming from a futuristic, yet slightly dystopian world, where laws are more of a fantasy then anything... so she preferres to avoid others when possible. 

The second is something along the lines of a street thug brawler mixed with a fantasy style tribe leader. Personality wise she believes the weak should obey the strong, that said if she knows she is the weaker of the two she would submit happily... that said her world was on the primitive end... barely able to make stone tools... 

I'm tentatively joining to say that I...might be interested in this? But I don't know if my approach to this club would be frowned upon, or if it would garner much interest from anyone.

I've never really been one for character creation. Sometimes I create concepts of characters that I want my partners to use, but I generally just play self-insert characters myself, in most cases. I was thinking of doing that here, and kind of playing with the fact that I'm always looking for femdom partners lately. But maybe it's too self-indulgent of me to use this club to scout for my own RP partners.

The basic idea is I would feel lost in the backrooms, and I would seek my own comfort in dominant partners. A sense of belonging (to someone). I'd be open to any women, futas or traps who would have me. For example, I would probably be delighted and relieved to come across @DreamsnThings's thuggish girl and make fast "friends" with someone like that.

But, again, this is essentially what I already do on this site. Plus I don't feel like there are that many doms interested in male subs around that I haven't already met. Although I would be perfectly accepting anyone who just wanted to experiment.

My gut tells me I might be thinking too self-indulgently about this. I won't be offended whatsoever if I'm not a good fit for the club, so please tell me your honest opinion.

Edited by Alexander Bodide

• Senior Staff
5 minutes ago, Alexander Bodide said:

I'm tentatively joining to say that I...might be interested in this? But I don't know if my approach to this club would be frowned upon, or if it would garner much interest from anyone.

I've never really been one for character creation. Sometimes I create concepts of characters that I want my partners to use, but I generally just play self-insert characters myself, in most cases. I was thinking of doing that here, and kind of playing with the fact that I'm always looking for femdom partners lately. But maybe it's too self-indulgent of me to use this club to scout for my own RP partners.

The basic idea is I would feel lost in the backrooms, and I would seek my own comfort in dominant partners. A sense of belonging (to someone). I'd be open to any women, futas or traps who would have me. For example, I would probably be delighted and relieved to come across @DreamsnThings's thuggish girl and make fast "friends" with someone like that.

But, again, this is essentially what I already do on this site. Plus I don't feel like there are that many doms interested in male subs around that I haven't already met. Although I would be perfectly accepting anyone who just wanted to experiment.

My gut tells me I might be thinking too self-indulgently about this. I won't be offended whatsoever if I'm not a good fit for the club, so please tell me your honest opinion.

I don't see any reason that would be frowned upon. As long as you can find a partner whose interested in fem doms and male subs. The whole purpose of this roleplay is to set up quick and easy characters to get right into the action.

1 hour ago, DreamsnThings said:

Fair enough... in that case ill mention the 2 characters i have in mind here now and go from there...

The first one i thought of was a rabbit girl, human aside from some minor things like bunny ears and a tail. With a personality somewhere between shy a skiddish, but affectionate once she starts to trust you. I imagine her coming from a futuristic, yet slightly dystopian world, where laws are more of a fantasy then anything... so she preferres to avoid others when possible. 

The second is something along the lines of a street thug brawler mixed with a fantasy style tribe leader. Personality wise she believes the weak should obey the strong, that said if she knows she is the weaker of the two she would submit happily... that said her world was on the primitive end... barely able to make stone tools... 

Feel free to create as many characters as you like! You can freely edit them as much as you like, too, so you don't have to worry about fully committing to whatever decisions you make early on.

• Like 1

Hey i joined this club for the same reason everyone else has

theyre intruiged by the creepyness of it all and i would love to rp in this club  so i was thinking about a character and i think this one would fit really well

I was thinking a british gangster sort of like the head of the mafia the top boss basically who has commited terrible acts murder torture violence ect 

he wakes up in this place unsure of where he is . After a few days of trying to escape he starts to think  this is hell and as time goes on he gets more and more unhinged "seeing"  his past victims everywhere he goes

He had everything he could want money women power then he had nothing 

untill he bumps into someone the first real person hes seen in months and .....

Thats where the rp starts please reply if interested 🙂

Edited by Heisenberg 24
  • Love 1

• Senior Staff
2 hours ago, Heisenberg 24 said:

Hey i joined this club for the same reason everyone else has

theyre intruiged by the creepyness of it all and i would love to rp in this club  so i was thinking about a character and i think this one would fit really well

I was thinking a british gangster sort of like the head of the mafia the top boss basically who has commited terrible acts murder torture violence ect 

he wakes up in this place unsure of where he is . After a few days of trying to escape he starts to think  this is hell and as time goes on he gets more and more unhinged "seeing"  his past victims everywhere he goes

He had everything he could want money women power then he had nothing 

untill he bumps into someone the first real person hes seen in months and .....

Thats where the rp starts please reply if interested 🙂

This definitely sounds like a really interesting premise! If you struggle finding anyone to play with, I might be willing to contribute Trish to such a story. Perhaps your character's interactions could cause another to recall true or even false memories of being a slave to your debt. I could also include a new character if Trish isn't to your liking. Perhaps a soft, innocent young girl who got mixed up in the wrong crowd? 

• Community Administrator

Well, I'm happy with Raelynn interacting with anyone. She's a sweet girl, but she will only remember flashes of things that she'll be doing with others in a place like this. If anyone is interested in doing a thread with her, let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aura said:

This definitely sounds like a really interesting premise! If you struggle finding anyone to play with, I might be willing to contribute Trish to such a story. Perhaps your character's interactions could cause another to recall true or even false memories of being a slave to your debt. I could also include a new character if Trish isn't to your liking. Perhaps a soft, innocent young girl who got mixed up in the wrong crowd? 

sure thank you for replying so quickly Trish will be fine unless you want to add a different character .

and sorry quick question but is there somewhere specifically where you post character descriptions or do you add it in the rp thread ? sorry just cant figure it out I only usually do private rps and this is my first public one so any help/tips would be gratefully appreciated 🙂

• Like 1

On 21/10/2020 at 13:43, Aura said:

I don't see any reason that would be frowned upon. As long as you can find a partner whose interested in fem doms and male subs. The whole purpose of this roleplay is to set up quick and easy characters to get right into the action.

Alright. So, like you say, it pretty much depends on if there's interest in what I'm offering. I'll keep thinking about it...

• Senior Staff
26 minutes ago, Heisenberg 24 said:

sure thank you for replying so quickly Trish will be fine unless you want to add a different character .

and sorry quick question but is there somewhere specifically where you post character descriptions or do you add it in the rp thread ? sorry just cant figure it out I only usually do private rps and this is my first public one so any help/tips would be gratefully appreciated 🙂

Ah! I see you already created an album. You've posted an image in the description of the album, but you can download the image and upload it through the gallery by clicking on the "Add Image" button. You can then edit the description to add your character's description using the recommended template if desired. If you want a good example, you can look at Trish's profile. Raelynn's is also really nice! Your profile doesn't have to be as wordy and you don't even necessarily have to fill out every bio, just a brief description of the character is alll that's necessary.

Also, I noticed there's already an abundance of characters already posted! I'm sorry if I didn't notice! I thought I had the gallery followed and that nobody had posted into it, but apparently I didn't and you guys already have! I have class coming up, but I'll get back to reading up on your characters before long!

• Senior Staff
2 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

Honestly i kind of just want to start a topic and say its first come first serve... in this kind of setting id rather have no say in who i run into bqck here

You can feel free to do this! Please add at least a brief description of your characters in the Wanderer's page, though, so that people can at least have a ballpark idea of what to expect out of them without having to dig through the OoC thread.

I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to create a main RP thread as it might give the illusion of a centralized plot, but I think having a single thread open to everyone will be a good idea for people to have an environment they can introduce their character into, so I'll probably make a main thread after all. Remember, though, your character doesn't have to be limited to one thread at once! Feel free to create as many separate threads as you want!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff
58 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Hello! I made someone! Is it okay to just throw them into the Open one?

She's really cute! And absolutely! The thread is open to any and all characters! You can also feel free to start your own side story with any particular characters too!

• Community Administrator

@Aura I finally did a post, and I hope it's suitable. I was going to post last week but I fell ill and didn't have the desire to post. I decided to join your open thread for the moment ^^ Although if anyone wants interaction with Raelynn, do let me know.

• Love 2

• 2 months later...
  • Senior Staff
On 1/20/2021 at 3:14 PM, Elena Ichinomiya said:

I've finished the bio of my character. Please inform me if i miss something.

Nothing missing at all! You can be as light or heavy on the summaries as you like as long as you feel the character is adequately described. You can also feel free to edit it if you want to change anything at a later time!

I saw that you questioned the division between gender and sex, it's really just there to avoid confusion the way some people like to describe certain types of characters. For example, a Futa might have a female gender but with male genetalia or vice versa. I suppose I could combine the two sections for simplicity's sake, though.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up