The Description Game.

• Community Administrator

The Description Game.

This game is very simple. I will post a single word, an object, or concept, or place and the next poster writes at least a paragraph describing the word (either object, concept, or place) in any format you want. Then they state another one for the next poster to do. For example, the first post could state the word "Apple". The next poster then goes on to describe what an apple looks like, and feels like, and tastes like. Then they could go on to state "Rollercoaster" for the next poster. Anyone who posts needs to state a word clearly for the next poster to use. If not, then the next poster will simply use the last stated word.

This game aims to help you either keep up your descriptive skills, or to flex and stretch them to the max and allow you to improve. Even veteran roleplayers may find this game useful. This game had been on EcchiDreams for a long time, but it died out and was never re-posted. So I felt it was something that my fellow members would appreciate.

Table.

Table: An object with a flat surface usually used to serve food on or to display various objects. Tables vary from shape, size, design and texture. In stead of a bed some people even use tables to live out their sexual desires with a partner (or in some cases multiple partners). Some tables are very old and have significant sentimental and/or historical value (eg. King Arthur's round table)

Dragon

you guys had to see this coming Edited by DraGonIZeD~GloRY

I should have guessed xD But one I am pleased to do!

A dragon can be all kinds of shapes, sizes and colours. As well as differing in qualities. For example, the Eldyrannth Dragon is an unique, exotic dragon. Their species, exposed to a special exotic radiation, have allowed them to have this form. Along with it come a number of features. As an Eldyrannth ages, their dragon form grows along with them. It is said that some of the older Eldyr Dragons could pass for mountains and their growls were akin to earthquakes. Their scales glitter like a thousand gems, said to be able to strike the unwary blind with their brilliance. This glittering property helps reflect light, as well as various types of radiation such as UV. They also come in thousands of colours, a group of them said to look like a glittering rainbow. The colour of the Eldyr Dragon is the exact same colour as an Eldyrannth's eyes. The Eldyr dragon is shaped like a Western dragon, with two hind legs, two large wings and two front legs they can lash out with. Their talons are extremely sharp, and are often a brilliant white in contrast to their shimmering scales. Running down the length of their back from the base of their spine to the top of their tail are very sharp spikes, the same colour as their claws. Emerging from the back of their head are two or more horns that are shaped differently for each Eldyr Dragon. Some will curve straight back, or curl around their face. To complete their fierce appearance are their large rasor sharp teeth and cat-like eyes that often seem like they are glaring down at you. Their tongue, forked in shape, usually flickers out from their mouth to taste the air much like a snake does. Compared to other dragons, their wings are proportionally larger compared to their body length. Their wing length, across both wings, is four times that of the length of their bodies. This allows them to catch more air under their pinions and fly far above cloud level. Their reflective scales protects them from the high UV levels at this altitude. They also have a one way breathing system that is much more efficient at processing oxygen, thus they are able to hold their breath for longer and breathe comfortably in lower oxygen levels. Their eyes are also very sharp, allowing them to see the ground in great detail from those kinds of heights.

An Eldyr Dragon is very beautiful but fierce, however they can be extremely dangerous to those who threaten them. If no threat is ever made towards them, they are neutral, even peaceful. While they have no control over this, they sometimes exhibit very strange powers, which many would think of as magic. It is not. It is the manipulation of the environment around them due to their exotic nature. Thus, it is not something that can be replicated by any other species. Each time this power is used, it produces different results as the power comes about due to thought, and no two thoughts could ever be exactly the same. Like many dragon species, they have the ability to breathe fire. This flame is a mixture of a flammable liquid produced by their bodies, Inchor and Hydrogen. The resulting flame is extremely deadly, and burns very hot. The liquid causes the flame to stick to any surfaces and is very difficult to clean off before the resulting fire kills you. It has been called similar to Napalm.

Sorry I couldn't resist talking about my babies. This is only a short description of them, as there is more in their species profile. And I plan on expanding it xD So even that isn't complete yet. So this is the short description of a short description.

Fruit bowl.

• Senior Staff

Now for something slightly different...

In an unnamed city...

On a planet much like Earth

In a galaxy far away, though not as far away as Star Wars.

Stuck in future-past that one was.

Where was I again?

Oh yes! Now...

War was coming...

A inter and intra species war...

Between humans and humans...and monsters.

Yet, not everything is black and white

And not all is as it seems.

For those who fight to win the forbidden fruit,

Who can say who wins or loses...

When battle itself is meaningless?

A rather nondescript Asian male of average height and average build, who would not draw anyone's eye in the crowd, was experiencing a weird dream. They found themselves staring at four fruit bowls, seemingly made from pure white crystal. Etched on these bowls were intricate though random patterns. To the male, the lines etched into the fruit bowl looked like the vines of a plant. The man found that he could not turn his head from side to side nor see anything else other than the fruit bowls. Everything else was white background, as if nothing else existed. For all he knew, he and the fruit bowls were just floating there in mid-air. What the hell was this?! However, he soon found that he could move forward and so he moved towards the fruit bowls, seeing that nothing else was there. As he got closer to the bowls, he saw that all but one were empty. Was this some kind of a joke? What on earth was this? And why was he dreaming of fruit bowls floating in the middle of nowhere? Just because he had an art project to do that involved still life pictures could not explain this.

As he wondered what on earth any of this meant, he heard a voice come from nowhere. A feminine one that seemed to come reverberate from places unknown. 

[Know this, young man. Your world is doomed to a fate worse than death, to be assimilated by 'evil' without reason or purpose if no action is taken. Take the fruit, young man. It will be the only thing standing between you and death.]

The young Asian man continued to wonder what on earth was going on as he looked at the only fruit bowl with something in it. There was only one fruit left in the bowl, a solitary orange. Was this person, if there was a person talking to him, on crack? Perhaps he had too much of his local juice bar's juice? While that juice was certainly healthy and delicious, he had not heard causing this sort of thing. Perhaps he should see a psychologist?

[Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. Your choices and actions from this point on will determine the future, be in salvation or ruin.]

Next word is: Fate.

Edited by Manni

Fate is an odd word to Wolfie. No matter how much he came across and defied what he thought was Fate and Destiny, say being born with the Name Wolfie for an event that hasn't even happened at that point. As someone who could manipulate time; he often tested fate only to get burnt on several occasions, building a time machine in 1996 for example, an event that if he had succeeded would have changed the course of the future in an undesirable way. Every time he tested fate something pushed him back with equally as devastating consequences. It was only in 9666; the year that ended the EPSI Federation Time War upon the Vengaurd of Neptune's Soul, that he understood that he couldn't control it. The year he was born and everything the EPSI Federation held dear was destroyed, their morals, their integrity, their purity and their power. It was a year destined to be the end of the Six. The fall of the Rassai and the death of Talivana. But the birth of the most hated creatures; Wolfie and Neptune Mako'demeri. 

"Fate... No matter how hard you push, no matter how hard you try to avoid it. It has a nasty habit of sneaking up to you and kicking you in balls. Destiny is endless.... Fate isn't. I'm not so sure anymore... One thing I do know though; don't cross fate. Never cross fate. Karma is a bitch - Fate's Bitch. Work with Fate in-order to subvert it however... That is how I control destiny. It also means I can control who survives death... Does it make you a God controlling fate? Arguably yes; but realistically... No. I'm no better than a Doctor... Huh, I think I understand why we call the Timelord - The Doctor. You're still the universe's bitch. And if it does you favour you have to do it six favours. It's the order of things." - Wolfie Mako'demeri - The Fallen President of the Temporal Grand Council, 10666. 

Next word: Banana.

• 11 months later...

The banana is an unusual fruit, but easily one of my favourite fruits. It can be used in a variety of ways, and not all of them eating. The flesh of the fruit can be eaten as is, or you can add it to a variety of dishes to liven things up. The banana flesh can be placed in a sandwich for a delicious banana sandwich, or it can be put in a Crepe with Nutella for a sweet dessert. The banana peel has a variety of uses as well. It can be used in food for animals, due to its nutritional value. One of its lesser known uses is during the process of water purification, to clean water for human consumption. But one of the most famous uses for the banana peel is its comedy use. It is a well used gag in comedies for someone to slip on the banana peel. While it is unlikely to actually happen in real life, it is used very often and people still find it funny today. And, of course, the banana is the perfect shape to use for penetrative masturbation.

Glass

• 5 months later...

Glass, like humans comes in all shapes and sizes, and it's amazing, that once again something so delicate, fragile and beautiful is also quite dangerous. Permit me if you will to talk about a small story, and a cautionary tale for your pleasure and then I will leave you with two interesting facts about Glass. When I was a much younger, much more naive lad I'd always like touching the hot glass tumblers as they came out of the dishwasher. As a kid that loathed chores, the one chore I'd opt into doing was unloading the dishwasher, as they always seemed to come out like brand new and seemingly never touched, of course I'd love to put the first visible finger prints on it's otherwise flawless surface. One day I took a long stemmed glass tumbler out of the dishwasher, there was no other glasses, or even cups in the house as they were all being washed, eager for my drink with this hot class, I put it down on the counter and went into the freezer to take out some ice cubes and dumped them into the glass. It was a hot day and I was so thirsty, I knew I needed a drink and bad... I went into the fridge and took out what remained of the Coca Cola, twisted the cap off, and started pouring it into the glass, when all of a sudden the glass let out this massive pop, I heard it before I realised what had happened. The glass shattered sending hundreds, if not thousands of razor sharp shards in all directions, indiscriminately. I'd learn that that thermal shock was the cause of this, but it's an experience I'd never want to repeat again. The once perfect glass had to be cleaned up, blood was everywhere and the coke I wanted to drink so bad was now all over the place. I lost my favourite glass, and my favourite drink in that day. A lesson was learnt on that day, indeed.

Now some facts: Glass isn't a liquid, this myth was actually debunked. Glass is in fact an Amorphous Solid. Secondly: The glass with the wired mesh in it isn't actually stronger, but it is (Generally speaking) fire retardant. 

Metal

• 4 years later...

Metal: A material that when its freshly made, can conduct electricity, turn into magnet, and flowing the heat very well. It is noted that material is best friend of hammer as they can easily turn into thin material that i forgot what the name is in English. The most common metal you can found is probably spoon as most of it are made from stainless steel (another remarkable persistent metal that hard to get rusty).

And lets not forget about iron. That four-wheeled buzzing stuff who guzzling with gasoline consist of iron in many places. Yeah, you won't call it a car if you realize they missing one metal. You can't make a car out of wood because wood is not metal. And wood is flammable and can't handle the heat like a salty person. Metal like iron however, can be used not just to stabilize that four-wheeled stuff but also has function to divert heat AND electric static away from car door knob. While they are piece of work, those metal who seems useless on the car is actually welded to divert/share the heat from one machine to another. Go ahead and take it out, and face the wrath of your family for making excuse so you don't drive them to the summer camp (Or they might bless you for it). Because you just blown the car without explosion included simply by taking the metal out. But you can act as if it did explode like, you know...

Spoiler

BelatedAnotherIberianemeraldlizard-size_

Now then, please describe what is definition of

Clay

Edited by Elena Ichinomiya
Change the question