Ooc Chat for Spruce Moore

6 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

This also raises the question of the power difference between werewolves and vampires. To my mind, an average Vampire could potentially handle two, maybe three Werewolves. It is the more experienced ones (who have lived for over a millennium) that would probably have little problem dispatching even up to a dozen. Magic does make such calculations complicated though.

Do werewolves have any kind of magic? There's certainly a spiritual side to them, and I do feel there could be something to that. Perhaps not as flashy as what the vampires have, but I definitely see some divination or general shamanism involved.

Oo, here's an idea. Maybe  we could lean into the pack side of things? Going kinda along that whole one with their ancestors, part of the pack mentality. What if their bonds truly do make them stronger? Particularly against magic.

For example: One lone werewolf is what he is, stronger than a human or thrall, probably stronger than an untrained young vampire as well. Perhaps though part of the reason for their numbers is that they provide one another with a mental strength allowing them defense against the vampire's compulsions and what not? This could grow in power the closer they are to territory that belongs to them too, perhaps giving more grounded seasonings for the vampires not simply wiping them out, and for them using thralls against them?

With that in mind the closer the vampires get to the heart of the lycans territory the stronger these bonds would be and the harder they would have to work to maintain their spells? I forget who, but I remember someone mentioning their character being able to use shadow magic. On neutral ground this would work as intended, against a single werewolf again, it would work as intended, against two? It would start to have trouble, and this trouble would increase as more lycans entered the mix.

On the flip side of that, perhaps these bonds could weaken if the pack wasn't unified though? For example if there's distrust because of an outsider, or because conflicts between leadership within the pack grew too visible to the rest of the pack?

It would give vampires a reason to want to kill werewolves on more than simply a my territory level as they would become a real threat to them if their packs grew too large, for example if they're out hunting and suddenly their compulsion didn't work. On the flip side it would really press upon the need for the pack to operate as a united front.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Icarian Dreams said:

I'll admit, I'm not entirely confident I understand what your idea with the passives was. Some sort of physical/biological "quirk", I presume? Maybe it's my lack of creativity speaking, but I can't really think of many that would work right now. 😅 I do absolutely dig the idea of having something to make each werewolf a bit more unique from another.

Some 'sort' off. You can literally make something great with this. You could even make a werewolf who can channel electricity by saying their body is somehow conductive and this and that and this. You could say some even have sharp fur and stuff like that. Some can for example make poison and transfer it through a bite.. You see, nature is a terrifying power on its own, seeing that in the real world we have plants that could send you in horrible pain just by touching them. You just have to have some creativity, not everything needs to be 100% logical. 😛

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, KanDaKnight said:

Some 'sort' off. You can literally make something great with this. You could even make a werewolf who can channel electricity by saying their body is somehow conductive and this and that and this. You could say some even have sharp fur and stuff like that. Some can for example make poison and transfer it through a bite.. You see, nature is a terrifying power on its own, seeing that in the real world we have plants that could send you in horrible pain just by touching them. You just have to have some creativity, not everything needs to be 100% logical. 😛

Ah, I do feel that's a bit too over the top for my tastes. Definitely not trying to discredit your idea, but my personal preference is honestly to keep things rather subtle, especially on the werewolf side. This gets a bit too animesque for my tastes, if you know what I mean, especially if every single werewolf had a quirk like that.

What @VenariWulf99 says is a bit more to my liking, even to consider as simply the werewolves knowing the terrain better and being able to rely on each other more, magic aside. I'd say the more supernatural stuff, like what you mention, could be performed in larger rites. I mean, what's a better excuse to have an orgy than a "bonding ritual"? 😛

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Love 1

Eh, fair enough. Everybody has different tastes. I think its a little more cool than doing an external thing like spiritual connections. Also, sure you can rely on each other, but you can't do much if somebody throws an out of the world attack at you, made by literal energy. Its like trying to stand in front of a bullet train thinking you'll catch it and stop it. But, I am sure Kitsu would agree more on Venari's idea in general as mine is a little more fantastical for the setting over all. 

• Like 1

so was about to go through the process of making a werewolf character, but i realize i have been postponing things a bit too much and now the only role there is a delta i think? which seems to be very specifically a warrior style role... when i was aiming for something non combative. is there any roles im missing or am i stuck being a delta if i want to make a werewolf?

You can be an omega but that is the only thing really that does not involve combat that is available since gamma was taken. It would be best to have some specific reason your character isnt worthy to fight cause otherwise they would be a warrior.

@DreamsnThings or maybe you can be a Gamma Minor, a were wolf training to be a gamma.

Edited by Kitsuyumia

Specifically I was planning to make a nerdy werewolf (as i mentioned at one point before)... as for a specific reason... well honestly just having her be horribly hopeless at battle as seen from her history in the pack is probably reason enough... and since this is semi modern theres room for her to be like... an IT girl or something I guess...

... im just realizing i have no clue what a nerdwolf would contribute to a pack of werewolfs...

1 minute ago, Lady_Xien said:

@DreamsnThings I have not yet seen a really rambunctious wolf. Idk if that is up your alley but idk you could make her clumsy or very aggressive. 

As far as Gamma Minor I would love to 'teach' the little nerd so I look forward to seeing what your character will be. 

this has inspired the idea of essentially were-chihuahua, who is horribly aggressive and easy to make angry, but she quite literally has enough strength to hurt a fly... not enough to even kill it... leading her to being an adorable angry ball of rage who enjoys snuggles

• Like 1

😍 SOOOO CUTE!!! 

essentially were-chihuahua, who is horribly aggressive and easy to make angry, but she quite literally has enough strength to hurt a fly... not enough to even kill it... leading her to being an adorable angry ball of rage who enjoys snuggles

OMG That would be an awesome character to be around. ❤️ 

I... probably wont go full aggressive chihuahua girl... but a loud rambunctious girl whos on the shorter end, who has a tendency to climb onto other people without asking, loudly defending what she thinks, only to run away the moment things get spooky, only to THEN run back in to rejoin the fight when she thinks things are safe... so a selfish nerdy loli werewolf is kinda what im thinking i guess...

only to run away the moment things get spooky, only to THEN run back in to rejoin the fight when she thinks things are safe.

Then there would be an interesting dynamic with your polar opposite teacher who enjoys the spooky and is willing to fight to protect. I still love it and think it would be a decent amount of fun. 

*smol chihuahua raises her paws as she asserts her dominance, in an oversized labcoat and goggles too big for her head*

57 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Yes Alicia shall take both and give them little collars and goggles and lab coats.

Edited by DreamsnThings
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Daliah: Did... Did you almost compliment me? 

Auvunux: Don't flatter yourself

I kinda like the interaction between the two, because you have a pair of individuals who: 1. They don't necessarily like each other to a degree, however Auvunux doesn't necessarily open himself up to anyone due to paranoia which makes things more estranged, and 2. I like to think of Daliah and Auvunux as two sides of the same coin, at least, that's the perspective. 

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Daliah: Did... Did you almost compliment me? 

Auvunux: Don't flatter yourself

I kinda like the interaction between the two, because you have a pair of individuals who: 1. They don't necessarily like each other to a degree, however Auvunux doesn't necessarily open himself up to anyone due to paranoia which makes things more estranged, and 2. I like to think of Daliah and Auvunux as two sides of the same coin, at least, that's the perspective. 

Absolutely! I can very well see that dialogue the other way round 😁 Love the dynamic and contrast that the two have, I feel they're definitely much more similar to each other than they'd want to admit.

• Love 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up