Video Game discussion & Strategies

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I guess that all you need is a bit of determination"

Part 2 - Fortunes Galore

Spoiler

Part 2

Taking my leave from the lab of Fennel, I head straight back to Route 2 to grind my mons up to level 20. I know that I've been overleveling, but it's far better to be safe rather than sorry. Berg somehow managed to learn Poison Tail O.O

Got into a fight with Plasma in the Dreamyard and wooped their asses with just Berg! They really didn't stand a chance with their Togepi and Numel, compared to any of my mons at the time.

Now it's time for my Dreamyard encounter! Let's see what I get:

Shiny+Meowth.png

FUCK YEAH!!! SECOND PART AND I'VE GOT A FUCKING SHINY!!!

FUCK+YEAH.png

I am the luckiest man on Earth XD Damn, that was fucking harrowing! Took two Poison Tails from Berg to get him that low, and I was scared of getting crits :D Well, I affectionately named her Shimmer, and she is a beautiful bitch, even if she's got a Timid Nature.

Shimmer+Stats.png

She's got Intimidate as her ability, which will really come in handy against stronger mons, but for now, I'll keep focused on getting her leveled. She's got a fairly decent moveset, but the only complaint that I have is Psych Up. I don't like stat changes on my mon, but oh well. I'll get rid of that later.

After my encounter, I went and obtained the C-Gear and Pal Pad from Fennel after helping her obtain the Dream Mist, but since I'm on an emulator, I have no use for that. Useless trash, if you ask me...

Back to Route 2 for some intense grinding! I leveled her up to match the rest of them, and removed Psych Up with X-Scissor, and Sleep Powder with Dragon's Breath

And now to Route 3! OUr encounter for this area is right after our battle with Cheren... His Xatu has now learned Gunk Shot, which could prove very uncomfortable... I got my Berg poisoned, but switching out always helps with keeping it from harming them. Switched out to Shimmer after Cheren sent out Mareep, but Mareep has Poison Tail. Fuck. Took the bitch out with Dragon Breath, though

Cheren+Defeated.png

After hearing from Bianca and a little girl that the little girl had been robbed of her Pokemon, I headed back to Striaton City to heal up and then see our Route 3 encounter! This is it:

Route+3+Encounter.png

I'm loving this, but having a hard time catching the bitch...

Axew+Caught.png

After three attempts, I finally catch the Axew, and name the little dragon-type Panzer. Yeah, Beast mode XD

Panzer+Stats.png

Little Panzer here has Flame Body as an ability, which well be VERY useful, and his stats are fairly good. His moveset is alright, but there's always room for improvement. Time to grind this bitch up.

2 HOURS LATER

Panzer is finally at the same level as everyone else, and I do believe that I "accidentally" leveled up Shimmer just a tad bit while I was at it. Panzer learned Pin Missile, Poison Tail (Natural Gift replaced), and Frenzy Plant (Pin Missile replaced)

Now it's time to beat the living hell out of some Team Plasma members.

LAZY+WAYNE.png
Tristan.png

The first grunt sent out a Nidoran (F), which I didn't give time to attack, and killed immediately. The second round was against two grunts, paired with Cheren. The two grunts used Diglett and Makuhita. The Makuhita was downed immediately, but Due to cheren making Xatu use Solar Beam instead of Power Whip, Diglett got to use Rock Slide on Berg. It did 12 damage, and scared the bejesus outta me. After that, it was also immediately taken out by Xatu's Solar Beam.

After listening to some deep talk from Cheren about Pokemon bonds, I head to talk to Bianca and the little girl. After talking ot them, the little girl gives me Heal Balls in return for the trouble. I would like to get an ecounter in the cave that I fought Plasma in, but I figured that it would be better to hold off on that for now, and just stick to the normal things and make my way towards Nacrene city to face the next gym. I have done a lot of grinding on the way there, making sure that every mon was at level 25 before continuing. Berg has learned Rolling Kick in exchange for Double Team.

In Nacrene City, Cheren takes you for a short walk until you near the Pokemon Center, where he hands you Chesto Berries and tells you that Nacrene City gym uses Normal types, which is a non-important piece of info because of how randomized this shit it.

N+defeated.png

We face N again as he walks out of the gym. He starts out with a Solosis, a rather good choice of Pokemon that I wouldn't mind having in my possession. Solosis had the ability Sandstream, which proved to make it difficult to do anything without getting harmed in the proccess. Next, he brings out a Stunky, which I responds to by sending out Panzer. Stunky had the Airlock ability, which negated the affects of the weather (Whew). The first move that Stunky used was Shadow Sneak, which could be very dangerous, but Flame Skin did the trick. He then sent out Jigglypuff, his final Pokemon. Now is Shimmer's time to shine. I used Dragon Breath, which failed to One-hit KO the Puffball that actually failed a Sing, but another Dragon Breath did the trick.

He then says something about needing Zekrom before rushing off. After that, I get led through the museum towards the back and straight to the gym, where I take on as little opponents as I can O.O XD

Nacrene+City+%25281st+trainer%2529.png
Nacrene+City+%25282nd+trainer%2529.png
Nacrene+City+%25283rd+trainer%2529.png

The first trainer uses a Spinarak, which had Hurrican and scared the shit out of me. I thought that it would do a significant amount of damage, but it really did nothing. The second trainer used a Krokorok. Despite an X Defend from the foe, one Roar of Time was all I needed to take it down. The third sent out a Ditto. I immediately killed it with a Roar of Time, and then she sent out a Chingling. It had Dragon Breath, but it missed, and I killed it with Brine. Next out was Sandile, which I killed with Brine as well.
 Next is onto the Gym leader!

WIN.png

Lorena's first Pokemon was Tirtouga, which was taken down with one hit from Roar of Time. Her second (and last) Pokemon is Sneasel. I send out Shimmer, and (mistakenly) use Psystrike. Sneasel used a few Sky Drops, and it brought Shimmer below half health. I had Shimmer finish it off with a few Stomps and a Dragon Breath (And paralyzing it).

After absolutely wrecking Lorena, I am rewarded with my second badge, and TM67 Ancient Power (Fuck you, game). I find that Plasma is threatening to steal bones from the museum like the juvenile delinquents they are. Thanks, N (still my favorite anti-hero). They steal the skull of the Dragon type Pokemon in the middle of a smoke filled room, and I am tasked with following after them. We meet Burgh, and find that he will be helping us retrieve the Dragon skull from Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest while Bianca and Cheren stay behind at the Museum. Bianca then gives me a Dowsing Machine. They run into the museum and leave us all alone once again.

All in all, this was a pretty exciting part of the Nuzlocke, with two new additions to our party, a shiny Meowth and an Axew. No deaths so far, but we can't be too hopeful.

The Survivors:

SURVIVORS+OF+ROUND+2.png

The Deceased:

None

Archived