Video Game discussion & Strategies

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let the overloaded despair fest continue, shall we?

Episode 2 - Museum of Power (because I couldn't come up with a better title)

Spoiler

So after the great disasters that took place last episode, my team is pretty crippled.  Even worse, I have Team Plasma encounters before I can get my Dreamyard encounter.  Because of this, I'm not going to grind yet so I can raise up my new team member at the same time as Aero and Slime Time.  Now, while I would say we're going to head off to the Dreamyard, there's one problem about that...

vtlE8Ff.png

Cut is required, and I have nothing that can learn Cut at all.  So, I have no choice but to go out and catch an HM slave that can use Cut.  I had to take a little trip back to Route 1 to catch a Meowth to use as my Cut slave.

hRM9cvk.png

One run back to Route 1 and two Poke Balls later and we got ourselves a Cut slave.  Now I need to buy more Poke Balls, which sucks for me.  Anyway, now that we have the Meowth, we can proceed to the Dreamyard and take care of business.  By "business," I mean get an encounter that will hopefully make my life easier.  But of course, before I can do anything, Bianca shows up to get in my way.  I'll deal with her later, but for now, it's Plasma time.

MM4TOug.png

A Rattata and a Tynamo.  While I like the Team Plasma battle music, these two were complete pushovers.  With that and the Munna abuse over, it's time to pray for a good encounter.  I really need something good at this point.  After the overload of bad mons so far, something good for a change would be nice.  We can only hope...

fr4A9hV.png

A Deino.  I'm not sure how to feel about this one.  It could be really good or VERY bad because of how late it evolves.  Unfortunately, I got three shakes with a Great Ball before it broke out, then it killed itself due to Rough Skin.  It had Dragon Claw and Blue Flare!  This is so unfair!  I swear I'm going to lose because I  can't catch anything because all my encounters have impossibly low catch rates for earlygame.  Well, it looks like all I can do now is grind up the two mons I have a little bit before going back to see Fennel.  I'm already sad and it hasn't even been 20 minutes.

uzWsQ7R.png

So after what felt like 3,000 years, grinding is done...for now.  I chose to level up to 15 so I don't accidently kill any potential encounters.  After a totally not noteworthy visit to Fennel, it's time to move on with our adventure.  For now, it's time to blow up all the trainers at the day care because I can for some free experience, and then it's time for...Cheren, again.  What's with this dude's fetish with battling me?  Like, seriously, kid, do something else with your time other than try killing more of my mons.

XeJAmmI.png

So his Piloswine...it had Dark Void now instead of Revenge.  It was pretty annoying, but Slime Time still took care of it.  Other than that, all he had was an Electrike with Whirlpool that Aero dealt with...even though he missed two Tail Slaps in a row because of course he did.  Well, at least we got that mess cleared up and can get our encounter after the plot comes to interrupt progress.  Team Plasma snagged some girl's Pokemon, and it's up to me and Cheren by association to go and rescue it...but first, we have much more important orders of business, and that is an encounter.

qGbTS0E.png

Petilil...alright.  Well, this could work out, but finding a Sun Stone can either be hard or borderline impossible since items are randomized, and I'll need to be prepared for that possibility.  With a Great Ball, I managed to get her and I chose to name her Tulips...because I couldn't think of anything good for it.  It has Reckless...with a bunch of special attacks that don't do recoil.  It's...something, I guess.  I won't be grinding her up until I get the rest of my potential encounters.  So, for now, let's go and pursue Team Plasma and get another encounter.

rVFl42h.pngRuioXKR.png

A Zigzagoon that died right away to Fake Out and then a Nicada and Rattata.  Just a normal day at the office for the Elitetrainers.  With those scrublords out of the way, how about we get ourselves an encounter...and hope it's something good.

iMNuxpq.png

This is promising.  I like Houndour, and hopefully it can put in some work for me long term.  I chose to name him Cerberus.  This thing really does have promise.  Magic Guard with Modest nature.  This is amazing.  Can't wait to get him leveled up so he can start putting in some work.  I still want to get my outer Pinwheel Forest encounter before I start grinding up the team, so for now, I'm gonna head back, get my free Heal Balls, blow up the trainers on the way, and reach the next town.

After a series of battles, I made it.  Cheren hands off some Chesto Berries and heads off and leaves me to my own devices, like restocking on items and heading for Pinwheel Forest for my encounter and some item hunting.  Let's hope for something good, shall we?

eAAEOZ4.png

Ok, maybe after getting such a good Houndour, I was due for one bad encounter.  It surprisingly lived a Fake Out and one Poke Ball was all it took to catch it.  I named her Ice Cream, and now that my encounters are all caught (outside the Deino), it's time to grind them up and head towards the gym, so I'll be back shortly.

kjnbPZp.png

Apparently, in my wonderful world, "shortly" means several hours later.  It should be worth it, though, since I got everyone to Lv. 20.  I may not need to do much grinding for a little bit.  For now, we have the gym to take care of, so let's...

KmFz1I4.png

Get interrupted right away by N the Sailor Scout.  His team was no threat, especially with how overleveled I am.  He had a Pikachu with Eruption, though, so that's something, I guess.  Doesn't matter much.  He blathers on about how he needs Reshiram and then walks off.  Well...that was sure something.  We won't be seeing him again for a while, so for now, how about we, you know, destroy every trainer in the gym.  Cue the Miror B. Battle Music from Colosseum!

A5cqrFb.pngsySOyNa.pngD9ZZjsK.png

A Roggenrola with Mud Shot, a Pachirisu with Water Absorb where I misclicked and used Brine twice, then survived a Flail on 2 HP after getting Pay Day'd a few times, and three irrelevant mons that all died super easily.  Seems like a normal day at the office for this gym.  With all those trainers completely destroyed, it's time...for whatever Lenora's name has been changed to.

0YBFltk.png

So, Director Lillianna.  Alright.  She led off with a Gothorita while I chose to lead with Slime Time.  It had Techno Blast while I chose to set up a Tail Glow for a quick kill.  Like most times, of course it's second Techno Blast crit me.  It didn't kill, but it came close.  Since Weather Ball didn't do too much, I chose to send in Aero to eat the third Techno Blast and ware down the Gothorita with a Fake Out.  All it took after that was a slap to the face with Assurance to finish it off.  Last but not least was her ace, a Ninjask.  Tulips is the only mon I have with a reliable move to kill this thing, so I sent her in.  This thing goes right for the STAB Fury Cutter, but luckily for me, Tulips learned Fiery Dance during grinding.  One shot wasn't enough to kill, but it put the Ninjask in a range where Lillianna would heal it and I got the Special Attack boost.  Since she wasted the turn healing, Tulips only had to dance her fiery dance one final time to burn the bug and net us a win.

oHCZrYO.png

And now that Ms. Lillianna is beaten, along with the Basic Badge, I get a TM for Hypnosis (I feel like this is going to be a running theme that I get TMs that are completely trash from gym leaders).  Now, before we end it off, there's the plot here to steal the show, or in this case, Team Plasma to steal the Dragonite skull because they aren't the brightest tools in the shed.  I mean, they're still smarter than Team Skull, but that's a story saved for the Ultra Moon Nuzlocke (which you should totally check out.  No shame in advertising here, folks.)  Anyway, heading outside to head over to the Pokemon Center to heal my team for next time, we meet the next person on my hitlist-I mean the next gym leader, who for now, we'll just call Burgh because we don't know his randomized name.  We plan on going to get the skull back from Team Plasma and then Bianca hands over the best Dowsing Machine in the series.  So now that we have this powerful tool, we'll call it there, so until next time.

The Survivors

v49E4B1.png

The Fallen
293.png 165.png

"I'm so scared right now... We very narrowly lost Momo..."

Part 3 - Fuck This Game

Spoiler

Part 3

To kick this off, I head straight to the Pinwheel Forest, where we meet up with Burgh. Time for our first encounter on the outside of the Pinwheel Forest!

TEPIG.png

A Tepig! Hey, at least we can have one of the original starters! Even if it has Grass Knot O.O

TEPIG+%2528CAUGHT%2529.png

Caught with a Heal Ball, even though it would've been put into the storage for the moment, anyway. I think that I'll stick with my team for now, and switch out Pokemon when it comes time to do so (Or when I get one of my favorites). I named the little pork rind Raisin, because why not? I'll have to take a look at his stats later, but let's focus on getting to the next gym for now, shall we?

Inside of the Pinwheel Forest, it's time to take on some Plasma Scrubs

Win+1.png

The first grunt sends out Cubchoo, which is immediately taken down by a Roar of Time

After the first grunt, we get to have our first encounter inside of the Pinwheel Forest! Let's see what we get!

Shinx.png

I'm touching myself tonight (Deadpool/2016). All jokes aside, this is an amazing encounter! One of my favorite Pokemon! It has Blast Burn, which will be very helpful in some cases! I catch it on the first try with a Great Ball, which was aided by Poison from Poison Tail ^_^

Shinx.png

I'll be checking on the stats later as well for Shinx. Now to get healed up and continues pushing onwards!

Bitch.png

The second grunt comes armed with Shedinja, This little cunt comes with the ability Wonder Guard, Aero Blast, Dragon Pulse, but was quickly taken down by Panzer with Shadow Punch (Thank fucking Arceus {Not you, V ^_^})

Onto the Next after getting healed up again!

whore.png

The third grunt comes prepared with a single Skitty. I think I can handle this. Yep, a single Roar of Time, and they're outta here! NEXT

Cunt.png

The fourth and final grunt comes with three mons this time! D: The first out is Shinx, but I make sure to make quick work of it with a Roar of Time. The next is Turtwig (Motherfucker). I send Shimmer out for this one, not wanting to have to sit through Berg's recharge. It takes two Dragon Breathes to Paralyze and down Turtwig, who camed armed with Close Combat (Dangerous...). Next out is Togepi, which I keep Shimmer in for and take down with one hit of Psystrike.

After whooping their asses, I obtain the dragon skull, but GORM OF THE SEVEN SAGES (Or whatever) shows up and decided to attempt to challenge me. Luckily for him (I mean me), Lorena and Burgh step in and scare the bitch off. Burgh takes his leave to head back to Catellia to wait at the gym while I return the Dragon Skull to Lenora in return for a Moon Stone. She takes her leave as well, and now it's time to head to the Pokemon Center before heading to Castellia.

Before heading to the gym, I made sure to grind my mons all the way up from 25/26 to level 30, where they might stay unless if I feel threatened. I evolved Shimmer the Meowth into Shimmer the Persian, and Panzer the Axew into Panzer the Fraxure!

But alas, kept by Plasma from partaking in the challenge of the Gym by FUCKING SHIT UP. We meet up with Burgh, Bianca and Iris at the pier, only to find that Bianca had been robbed of her Munna. Let's see what we can do against these assholes, shall we?

Castelia+win+1.png

The first grunts sends out Mareep, which they didn't even get to use due to Roar of Time (Becoming VERY OP here, guys XD). The second Pokemon to be sent out by this scrub is Litwick, which I switch out Berg for Momo due to his Brine move. He is easily defeated without and damage done to my precious mons.

We find Ghetsis, Bronius, and that other Seven Sages guy that no one knows. We get Munna back for Bianca and we receive Yache Berries from Iris for our troubles.

Now to the Gym!

GYM+1.png
GYM+3.png
GYM+2.png

The first trainer starts out with a Petilil. Again, short work from Roar of Time. Second Pokemon out is Roggenrola, which is weak against water, so back to Momo with Brine that makes short work of everything.
The second trainer sends out Squirtle, which is taken down by Berg's Roar of Time. His second mon is Natu, which I take down with Panzer's Flame Wheel
The third trainer sends out Pidove, which is again taken out by Roar of Time. This will probably be my first move of every battle. The second mon to be sent out is Spoink, who I send out Shimmer to deal with using Dragon Breath and Stomp.

Now, with all those pesky trainers out of the way, I can finally get to Burgh. He shouldn't be that hard to take down, but you should always be weary.

GYM+END.png

Burgh's first Pokemon is Herdier. Taken down in one hit by RoT. His next Pokemon is Mienfoo, which I reply to with my Psystrike Shimmer the Persian. His last Pokemon is Flareon, to which I respond to with my Brine Momo the Skitty. It doesn't kill right away, but Super Effectives are better than little to nothing. From the looks of it, his Flareon has Rock Climb, which brought our Skitty down to 1 HP due to a crit. WE HAVE SURVIVED THE NEXT EPISODE.

Next up is to meet Biance at the gate to Route 4 so that we can have our next battle.

The Survivors:

SURVIVORS.png

The Deceased:

None

It's time for...

Episode 3 - A Very, Very Bad Day

Spoiler

This will probably be a short one, considering all there really is that needs to be done is Pinwheel Forest, Castelia City, and the gym.  I'm not planning on visiting Route 4 yet, so...let's get right into it, shall we?  So, inner Pinwheel Forest is a nice, fun place where we can get an encounter and blow up more Elitetrainers (the Team Plasma grunts, who from this point forward, I will now call Elitetrainers).  Burgh wants me to take the long way while he goes and sips on some lemonade because of course.  So, how about we get our encounter, and I swear if I get interrupted...

xoWFYR7.png

.....As I was saying, I swear if I get interrupted when I'm just trying to get my encounter...

onOl4wZ.png

That's it!  All the Elitetrainers die now!  I'll blow up every last one of them for getting between me and my encounter!  Now, without further delay, let's get an encounter, why don't we?

qWuy5v3.png

A Duskull.  This could be promising...but Duskull evolves pretty late, so that's a shame, and it's another one of those "I require an item to evolve" mons.  That could be very, very bad for me.  I nearly got it killed by accident after learning it had Heat Crash by switching into Aero, but it luckily used Nightmare instead and gave me the chance to catch it.  This thing apparently loves the crying of children (the dex's words, not mine).  That's a little creepy.  I'm still naming him Stalker.  He has Klutz, so he automatically sucks.  I'm putting him in the box just in case some genocide happens.  Now, onward with our misdaventures in Pinwheel Forest featuring the destruction of many Elitetrainers.

Although...along the way, I encountered a trainer with a Bagon, and we know how things ended with Bagon last time.  This time, however, the victim of the moment was Ice Cream, his life taken from a critical hit Crunch because of course she had to get killed by a crit.  That's just my luck.  I'm going to have to hope for some major luck that nothing like this happens again.  Anyway, with that crisis aside, I went and blew up every other trainer, got the Dragon Skull and my free Moon Stone, and we're on our way to Castelia City.  It looks like I'll have to grind up Stalker after all...

So, since this isn't Black 2 or White 2, Castelia Sewers and Castelia City proper don't have any encounters for me, but there is some fun stuff in town like TMs, items, battles for experience, and the story.  I took the time to battle around in the Battle Company to get more money and experience for the team, got a TM, the Eviolite and Amulet Coin, and with all of that good stuff on hand, it's time to take care of some Elitetrainers and have a nice chat with Ghetsis.

j3JTYvn.png

latest?cb=20120825220757

Pathetic Elitetrainers, thinking they can stand in my way.  They should know their place by now.  With that little side activity aside, how about we get to the main course, the gym.  Let's get it done, shall we?

aZn6oQ3.png AD4PWXD.png f2vvsj4.png b9wUw5P.png

This gym honestly wasn't too bad, especially since the third guy had a Staryu (a mon I swear I always forget isn't Water/Psychic until it evolves into Starmie) with Pound.  No, I am not joking, it seriously had Pound.  It was pretty funny to see.  But otherwise, no real intimidating mons here this time.  All that remains, however...is today's director.  Let's see what Burgh's new name is.

QWWZduw.png

Director Scott, huh?  Alright, so Scott led off with his own Houndour while I led with Aero.  All it took was a Fake Out and a Tail Slap to bring it down before it could do anything.  However, it all went downhill after that when he brought in his Girafarig.  It had Thunderpunch, which I found out right away when I switched in Cerberus, and he got paralyzed turn 1.  I tried to predict a second one by bring in Tulips, but get this, it had Blue Flare!  It instakilled Tulips, even with Eviolite.  I tried to use Slime Time for damage control and a Tail Glow sweep, but it also had Flatter to confuse him, then fried him with a crit Blue Flare and killed him when he hit himself.  That left Aero and a very badly weakened Cerberus.  Thunderpunch meant Aero was screwed, but I tried to kill the monster standing before me, but of course Scott had Hyper Potions, thus ruining my day and wiping out the rest of my team with Thunderpunch.

4hqXYxu.png

Now, at this point, I have two options.  I have one mon left and I can go get an encounter on Route 4 since it is open to me, or say I've lost the locke...and we'll find out what I'll do maybe next time?  I don't know if Shuya just wants to solo through the rest of the game or not, but I'm sure my odds of winning are pretty much nonexistant with two mons left against a killer giraffe and 5 more deaths on my tally.

Archived