GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

As the captive used non verbal communication, the guard over her, decapitated her instantly. Princess Nepthtys's sighed and nod. She then turned to look at the rest of the group who were rambling about invisible dog. 

"I see no invisible beings here, and know this, I have woven an arcane protection around myself, that is always on, for such cases. And, do why our captive was beheaded.. she commanded an skill to use her voice, even her throat crushed. Now we need to go to more serous form of interrogation. Please, do not be alarmed of what is about to happen."

Princess leaned over the naked beheaded corpse and cast an slight necromantic spell, that stripped all flesh from her corpse, leaving only an perfect skeleton. Then the guard who slain her, placed the head to its original place. Princess places small jet black opal into the skull and casted quite powerful necromantic spell, to animate the corpse. Commanded it to stand and do her biddings.

Soon before them stand an skeleton of their former enemy, her soul trapped inside of it, under total control of the master necromancer,

"It possess dim intelligence, so it cannot harness any spells and no wit to channel any divine powers, it is an pale imitation of its former self, but will do for our purposes. Now, please, if you have questions to it, ask and I make it answer." 

There was no malice in her voice or actions, just steel hard determination, when Princess Nepthtys created the undead.

Edited by MIroque
  • Like 1

For the first time, something happens that brings me out of my otherwise calm and collected demeanour as I see something rather, unsettling take place before me. I am indeed unsure how to feel about this, mostly because I have never seen this sort of display or know what happened."What...what did you do? What is...this?", I ask the woman who conjoured this to be.

Kazumi prepares another spell, beginning to make the gestures and speak the words to cast burning arc, but as she does, she hears the words of Darius, informing her that what she sees is illusion. She feels the beneficial magic of the fortune hex, unfamiliar to her, but clearly something designed to help her, and tries to focus her mind.

Spoiler

rolling saving throw twice for fortune hex - 1d20(12)+13=25, 1d20(15)+13=28 Will Save - JUST SAVES!!

Kazumi shakes her head, the vision dispelled (barely). Her eyes search the area, making sure that there is no sign of the dog, but she is now certain that it was never really there. She looks up to Darius with a weak smile and nods, letting him know that she is all right. She turns to Nishka and offers a curtsy.

"Miss Fleetfoot, it seems I owe you a debt of gratitude. Your power helped me resist the vile illusion that had taken my mind." She smiles, but her expression is conveys a sense of how disturbed the illusion left her feeling. "My name is Kazumi Kei. Please forgive my rudeness in not introducing myself sooner."

She turns back to the group, glancing uneasily between Princess Nepthtys and the skeletal creation. "If you will excuse me, I don't think I will be of any more help right now. My skills are best used with the living, not with creations such as this." Although she tries to maintain a calm demeanor, it is apparent from her tone that something in the killing and raising of this young woman has rubbed her the wrong way.

She turns and heads back toward the carriage of Lady Gold, maintaining a a dignified yet slightly hurried pace.

• Like 2

I am greeted by the more calm words of lady Kazumi and her acknowledge does put a small smile on my face as well and I offer her an acknowledging nod of the head before replying to her, in the best manner I  can think of, given my lack of knowledge about courtesy and manners in this world.

"Ohhh, I am only happy to be of aid, but the ones you should really thank, are the kind spirits who bestow me with their wisdom and powers. If you are injured in body or mind, I am also able to mend these. You were distracted, so it is only natural that  your focus and attention was elsewhere. I would be happy if I was able to join your tribe here or whatever you call it. I seek to learn about outsiders and their world, among many other things. If you will let me, I will provide my aid back to you", I say in a humble tone of voice, unlike the one I have used thus far.

*Darius follows Lady Kazumi, having a similar disdain for the undead, though he is very impressed by the abilities of the Osirian Elf. He makes a mental note to make time to get to know her. He gives a nod to the Ratfolk not certain she understands the subtle gesture of respect but meaning it all the same*

*When he thinks it prudent, he approaches Lady Kazumi and says*

"Forgive me, I must ask what did you saw? The Lady Gold said she saw something earlier and I do not believe in coincidence, not when the Gods are involved."

*He doesn't think he is very good at comforting others and feels embarrassed he was not able to dispel the magic affecting her earlier but hopes she finds his presence reassuring*

Slain and her soul bound within her corpse El'lieral's perceptions of the world were nothing but vague nightmarish dark smears now. Suffering greatly but with barely a mind to speak of she never the less heard Helthel's voice and understood his words.

Hmmmm, the Lady must have chosen you for a reason, though one I cannot fathom, but perhaps this suffering is good for you... It will teach you not to be such a fool...

El'lieral had the impression of the dog walking away from her. Her skeleton let out a low despairing groan in place of words, that sound oh-so-common for the Undead.

...Good bye, El'lieral. Helthel's voice whispered in her mind.

• Woohoo 1

As the adventurers gather themselves in the aftermath and speak a paper airplane suddenly comes drifting into their midst and smooshes into the ground. When inspected it is found to be neither magical nor trapped. When opened it appears to be a letter in badly spelled Common:

Hell oh Fry-ends! Am war-nine U! Laddy Gould is da tru Vannilla-in! Whys men kill-kill her know! May ta Dark Goods cheew on her bowls! Bee Hiros an kill-kill herr! -Yor sacret fry-end!

• Haha 1

When it become clear the adventurers have more important things to discuss a second paper airplane drifts down, clearly thrown from within the branches of a tree off the side of the road and lands nearby. Also untrapped this letter reads:

If U stoopid man-things egg-nor ferst War-kneeing here is sek-ond lilter! Laddy Gould is da Big Bad-Gay, Stoopids! Kill-kill Herr quick-quick! -Yor Seecret Fry-end

Perception DC 15:

Spoiler

A trio of goblins in ninja outfits can be seen hanging out in the trees branches, throwing letters. Though the vicious small creatures are undoubtedly evil they are just so cute in their little outfits!

Edited by GM Angel

I walk over to the pieces of paper to pick them up and ready. While I have learned to read, the common language is not my native one, so other languages written badly is even harder to read. Still I think I manage somewhat. At least I hope I do so."Hmmm, very odd. These messages must come from close by....or someone is really good at making them fly, haha!", I say and snicker light

[Perception roll failing at 10]

I then decided to make a reply on a note:"Who are you? Why don't you come out so we can talk? Does Snippers scare you?". Then I make it into a paper airplane too and toss it in the direction I think the notes came from.

The paper airplane spirals through the air and strikes one of the Goblin ninjas in the head. He grabs and unfurls it and his companions gather around to look at it. Unfortunately none of them can read or write so they carefully roll up the paper and disappear into the moorlands, bringing the message to their more erudite master so he can write a reply!

• Haha 1

The Goblin Ninjas arrive in the nearby clearing where the Shadow Seer awaits them. The ancient goblin Sorcerer Lich unfurls the message, grunts, then casts a Dimension Door spell.

He appears in front of the adventuring party. He is a withered, dead little thing half concealed in a swirl of Shadows. Somehow he too manages to be more cute than grotesque despite his sinister nature though.

"No Snippers scare me!" He declares in a squeaky voice. "I am warning you of Lady Gold's evil my friends!"

• Haha 1

The appearance of something small and green out of nowhere of course catches my eye and I look at him."Ohh wow! What kind of creature are you little friend? Lady Gold? Who is that?", I ask and approach him with no sign of fear of his small stature, despite him teleporting in out of nowere."Snippers will not hurt you unless you are mean to him or me".

[Know: Nature roll: 25 to recognize this green boi]

Despite its attempts to appear intimidating, I cannot help but find it more cute than dangerous. While most people do not trust goblins, I have not really met anyone before and thus try to decide if I should believe it or not."Why is she the enemy little goblin? She appears pretty harmless to me", I ask, having a hard time really seeign what is right and false in this whole episode.

[Sense motive on goblin: 17]

The Goblin appears sincere to the Rat Folks eyes. "She tries to stop my Mistress Shar from granting the world peace! She is evil!" He says, trying to get the adventurers on his side.

Lady Gold crosses her arms, golden eyes sparkling with amusement. "That's true, I am trying to stop Shar from granting the world peace. How is she trying to do that again?"

"She is going to return everything to oblivion of course! Stop asking questions you already know the answers to Lady Gold!" The Lich demands angrily.

Lady Gold says nothing, feeling her point is made for her.

I try my best to follow the exchange between the little green goblin guy and this lady."Seems like you two have some differences."Does anyone know what sort of these two are talking about? What is meant by returning things to oblivion. Little goblin guy....I want to hear more about this", I say out into the air, wanting more information before I come to any sort of conclusion.

"Shar is the Echo of the Primal Void, a Divine Shadow of the nothingness that predated existence. Created when the OverGod first put her hand to creation and caused things to exist for the first time. She is the Lady of Loss, forever yearning to return to the peace of nonexistence. The first and one of the most powerful of deities she wants to annihilate all that is good yes, but also all that is evil and causes suffering. She is really the friend of all who suffer and wants to grant them peace!" The Lich declares.

Edited by GM Angel

[Roll: Know: Planes on primal void: 34 ]

I listen on, doing my utmost to translate from that and into an easier way of putting it. My head nods a bit for a few moments and I look at the goblin man. This time with a very serious look that do not match the more carefree attitude I have had thus far."Goblin man...while I choose the middle road at all times regarding morality, the worlds needs both good and evil to balance things out. Gaia will not stand for threats against the symbiose between living things that lands on any part of the spectrum."

I then proceed to tie a string firmly around the arms on my doll, like I am binding its hands together.

[CASTS: Hold Monster on goblin man]

"Sorry for doing this, but you have knowledge about something and I will not abide by you or your chieftain doing anything to ruin this world's balance"

Edited by JennyDK