GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

I bow once more for the polite lady Gold."Oh, I will do my best to not make you regret so. Do you live in this village called...Sandstorm? Sandslot? That village the monk mentioned. If so, is there an elder or shaman there who I might get to talk to? Someone who speaks with spirits as I do", I ask of her,

I look at the juju caster and then lady Gold as she speaks to him."That seems like the best course of action. Had it not been for the group, we would not have survived I think."

"As you wish, Lady Gold."

*Darius said having expected this answer, it had been worth the shot even if it was likely to fail*

"I look forward to dinner."

*He says giving everyone present a smile, feeling a little chastised. He didn't wish to leave Lady Kazumi's company but he knew she had a disdain for the undead and he felt it necessary to have a conversation with the leader of the Osirians*

As Nephthys' spell goes off she feels a powerful will oppose her spellcraft.

44+roll (8) = 52 vs DC 26 Success

While the limited wish spell struggles to pull the phylactery away Nephthys gets a vision of it's possessor.

Standing atop a balcony within the towering confines of a dark fortress is an Elf Half-fiend. Darkly handsome and tightly muscled he is very attractive and would be more so if it weren't for the curling ram horns on his brow or the massive bat wings protruding from his shoulders. He has that more real than real feeling about him that Divine beings often do and the only color about his being are the Ivory bracers he wears and ten golden rings, one on each finger. Shadows swirl about his night black form and far below him an army of Shadows, Demons, Giants and creatures more frightening still chant his name.

"Volumvax! Volemvax! Volemvax!"

Nephthys realizes that each of the ten Golden Rings is a Lich's phylactery and just before the vision breaks the Demigod's head turns slowly to regard her.

Edited by GM Angel

Adam looking down at the new man standing front of him "i did not like little green guy he gave me bad feelings and he tried to hurt Nisky  i think others so i crushed him " He pointed out even though the whole time every one else where talking .Adam was still slow to reackt to many thing 

• Haha 1

*Darius manages to reach the elf wizard retinue on just after she had casted her spell, he doesn't see her vision but he can tell something is going on*

"Your mistress is attempting very powerful magic. Perhaps I can be of assistance"

*He says hoping the let him pass he could fly above them, but he had no intention to antagonize her or her retinue*

As the spell fails, and she gets an glimpse of what ever it was, she knows this is clearly not her problem anymore. Gods, Avatars, Lich, and demogod-demons. Hell no. 

She turns to look at the priest who spoke about goddess of swords. "Priest, can you cobtact celestial agents of your goddess? I just got an glimpse of wjats to come and its not something we, or anyone can fight against, and if you thing me being afraid, you are wrong, but realist."

She didint care who Lady Gold was, or which titles she could pest upon them, this was mythic level things, which she was not, no matter how powerful she were. 

"I would suggest you all, to think twise, about allying with Lady Gold in her fools errant. Powers you will face, will descimate you. And as far as I know, none of you is in ded to her, and can still  walk away from this." She addressed the bystanders in this story (adventurers). 

As Darius fly to the guards, they let him pass, as they had shared an enemy.

Edited by MIroque

"Can you elaborate about your warning?"

*Darius understood how powerful the elven wizard is, he hated to even think it but he she might be more powrful than he was. Feeling less powerful than others always made him feel wrong, as if it wasn't his real self. Regardless a warning from her was worth listening to*

*At the same time if Shar truly did intend to destroy everything. Then there was no reason not to fight her, success my be slim but he would take any non zero chance of success over certain death any day*

"You may run if you wish, pointy ear woman, but if Lady Gold intends to fight the destruction of the universe, it is better to try and prevent it than to be apathetic and simply allow this to happen. Have faith in the spirits and we will succeed", I merely say to her, but with no disrespect in my tone of voice.

Nepthtys nod to Darius "As I was calling the lich's reminds, my magic was blocked by an power, not spell or anything like that, but an deity. Like it were candywrapper to it and as you might know, spell I wowen was abd is the most powerful mortal realm magic. Not onky that, it commanded an army of beigns of immmerse power, and in its hands, it had ten liches." 

As the ratfolk shouts from afar, Nepthtys smiles sadly and spokes in normal tone, so Darius can hear her. "Who spoke of running away? Tomorrow I will do this again, but qith different outcome. And did I not tell the priest to contact higher powers that are equipped to handle this level of threat from another dimensions? I would suggest you to leave her entourage, but I would never order one to do so."

"Thank you for the information. Do you know the name of the deity? I assume it wasn't Shar or you would have said so. If she has other God's as allies you it's imperative we know so"

*Darius says hidding as best he can the dress he feels at thr idea of a deity comanding an army of powerful undead wizards*

Kazumi listens with keen ears to the exchanges between everyone before speaking.

"Perhaps we should continue to Sandpoint and find accommodations for the night. We can gather for dinner and discuss our plans at that time. At the very least we should share a meal, even if some of us choose to depart before we face any these greater threats of which Her Highness Princess Nepthtys speaks."

She sighs then, seeming to lose some of her poise. "I am continuing to Sandpoint regardless. I hope to see you all there."

With that she walks back to the tree from which she appeared and steps back inside of it, disappearing from sight.

*Darius watches Lady Kazumi disappear part of him wished to fly away to Sandpoint and meet her there. But he had taken Gold's money and whatever evil there was in him, once he made a gave his word it was a point of pride not to go back on it*

*Lady Kazumi had given her a parting gift the name of the elven wizard, Nephthys, he would make sure to remember it.

*Darius doesn't know if Nepthtys doesn't know the name of this new deity or if she was simply unwilling to share it but he did believe there was more to her story than she was telling*

"That is another matter. What do you intend to do with her after the interrogation?"

*Said trying not to look at the pathetic corpse of the undead priest. She felt pity and other enotins in regards to it's sorry stare*

Knowledge(religion) DC 30

Spoiler

Volumvax, the Hound of the Hunt, The Lord Ciagraph, Is a demigod in the service of Shar. Originally granted his Divine spark after a thousand years of loyal service to the God of Thieves; Mask he eventually betrayed his Master in a bid for more power and joined the forces of the far more powerful Goddess Shar. He served as her Herald for quite some time and she did indeed grant him grand powers but, as is the fate of many of those who learn Shar's secrets, even his divine mind splintered under the weight of what he had learned and he went mad.

Seeing she had broken her toy Shar sealed him within his fortress; the Umbral Caylx and proceeded to forget about him. After millennia though Volumvax has regained his mind and now reaches out across the planes with his psionic powers, searching for those whom can help him in his quest for freedom. Often appearing as a hound of shadowy darkness his black wisdom has reached the hearts of many and empowered them, including a series of minor spell casters he granted a portion of his strength and turned into Liches under his control. His dark Divine aura has echoed through the Plane of Shadow as his power grows and his mind reconstitutes itself and he builds an army of darkness for after he is freed; he intends on fulfilling his burning need for revenge on Shar for her careless treatment.

• Like 1

"That mad deity, that was the lich's master, is actually fighting Shar,.or atleast his adversary. Making Lady Gold possible Shar's minion infact." She spoke in soft tone, not.ment to be heard beyond Darius. "Those Succubi that are guarding Lady Gold made me think about it, and this Lich and its master, both point to that direction. And the priestess, she might have been an coy attempt of crediting her to be on the right side of mortality. And, her total apathy for doing anything toward being of immerse power, that was openly telling to kill her. What she might have done? Well.. " Nepthtys eyes are nailing the gold golem on the carriage. "Word from her and smash. It would have not cost her anything."

She looked at Darius and with serious tone

"Those are but a few reasons, and the name of the deity is Volemvax. Hound of Darkness, is one of its titles. Most likely It has been behind the visions some of you had seen"

Edited by MIroque

I stand there and watch the men and women bicker about this and that, not sure where they are trying to go with this and unless I can ask about each element or word being mentioned it is a fool's erranbd to make notes about it, as it will just be a jumbled mess at this point."Adam, do you understand all of this?", I ask the iron golem, making sure to allow him time to reply.

Adam looks at Nisky and thinks what to say "i think pointed ear lady is saying lady gold is bad for some odd reason it is all im getting and she was talking about the pretty gold golem by the cart i  think " He tried to think of the right words  to put in right there 

• Like 1

The golem seems to get the overall gist of the attitude being displayed, which I make a quick little note about, nothing much, just that there seems to be much distrust in the Outlands of this world."Ahhh, thank you Adam. I wonder why these people are using time with each other if they distrust each other this much? Ohhhh pretty gold golem? I gotta see that!", I reply and walk over to let Snippers climb onto his foot."This Snippers. Snippers, this is Adam. Be nice, okay boy", I say to my turtle.

Snippers just looks at the huge iron golem with emotionless eyes like most animals would, but does not seem frightened or intimidated. It simply crawls around lazily and then finding a good s pot to rest for now."Yeah, Snippers don't talk....much. We just get each other I guess. I was tasked to find myself what is called a familiar, whatever that means. So I wandered the swamp to specifically look for this and after many hours I came up with nothing, then suddenly this turtle came up to me without fear and seemed really friendly. When he does speak to me, he is very wise, Adam"

Darius smiles, nods and gives Princess Nephthys a bow. For once he was glad to be wrong. He had incorrectly assumed she would be secretive and distrustful of strangers but the truth was the elven princess was both fair and reasonable*

"Thank you, Princess Nephthys. You have been most helpful"

*He sees the time of day and Lady Gold's desire to reach Sandpoint and so suggest to continue to the whole group to continue*

"We should be making our way to Sandpoint."

*He however stays with Nepthtys and turning towards her he says*

"I would like to assist you interrogating the prisoner. May I travel with your retinue?"

The monk notes the interesting departure used by Kazumi, having known a few druids with a penchant for travel by tree. He looks around at those remaining before walking up beside Lady Gold's carriage. 

Cernan looks to the gathering storm clouds as the party sets off down the road, monk walking beside the carriage the rest of the trip.

"Lady Gold, I am curious why you have selected such an eclectic arrangement of individuals for this quest of yours."