GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

*Darius turns to the monk, he looks pensively to Cernan, wondering if he is being sarcastic about the the wisdom of the ratfolk. Eventually he says*

"When Lady Gold first hired us she promised is salvage rights on any treasure. Salvage rights work on claim."

"As for what the items do, my apologies, Lady Kazumi and I did do an inventory. I sometimes forget others ignorance of magic"

*Darius says and then explains from memory the abilities and expensive of every item. It becomes apparent that the share of treasure Darius is asking for is more than fair*

"Ignorance of magic? I know plenty about juju. Don't pretend you know the limitations of my knowledge. This is not about personal gain juju caster Red. This is about dealing with an evil entity. If an item suits you, you can have that of course, but your selfish wish for first ciaim is utterly ridiculous and frankly uncalled for. I suggest you step down from your pedestal and consider the needs of the group as a whole and the balance of this world. If you are wanting a speciic item, you can just say so and you will probably get it", I  tell him back, not seeing the logic in his "point" at all. Despite his need to try and seem superior on the knowledge of magic, she has no need to flaunt her own extensive one.

*Darius had been on the whole very lenient with the rat witch, but even the bounds of manners had limits and she had crossed them several times and he no longer has the patience for it*

*However just as he is about to say something, the butler intervines*

"Anyone for spirits? Cognac perhaps?"

*Darius is taken aback by the butlers disarming nature his intervention enough to remind him he has been hired to do this and he never went back in his word once given, so rather than put that rat in her place, he merely gets up nods at the room and taking a last gulp from his ale, and simply walls out if the room.*

@PsychoSexual @agdiv @JennyDK

Matter conserning the spoils of conflict, Nepthtys follows the laws edicted by the God-Pharaos. She speaks to Darius, but it will be ment to who ever toke part in the query.

"I agree, you will have first pick, as it was your kill. Then it would go to our archer. He was clearly making effort aswell. Golem is .. not taken into count, as its an item itself. Rest are at my possession, and if someone wants something out of them, they should present me reason why it should go to them. But, those coins. I used signigicantly expensive components, against the lich, and would like to gain it back. I am quite sure, the information I delved with my spells, will  work toward the goal we are seem to going for. Would you agree Lord Blackwood?" She takes her time with the words, as trade tongue really is not ment for deep conversation and she does not know the local language.

Then she looks at Nishka "And by no means its something lady Gold has anything to say. She decided NOT to participate on threat against her life, not ours. If anything, she should think of repaying us all, for the help we cave her. Would you not agree on this, master archer?" Nepthtys had hear'd they called Cernan an monk, so she thought he would be following some doctrinated moral code and would see the reason in her words.

I roll my eyes at this statement from the princess from the exotic parts of Outland."Fine. Do whatever you wish. I find it utterly stupid to divide things based on "dibs" rather than the logical solution of gauging the needs of every party member. I do not have any bigger needs for trinkets as such, but it would be best if these items were given where they serve the most purpose. IF you wish to hand out items, not even rightfully yours as such, in this manner it is your right, though I will say it seems completely foolish to do it like kids trying to find out who gets first pick of toys. I am above this and I will be the bigger person here and let do it how you wish", I say and return to my third glass of wine,.

The gladiator watched the discussion of salvage stoically. He had no idea what the background of the treasure was or the legitimacy of anyone's claims.

Nishka had raised a good point.

"The chronicler offers sound advice. If the world is at stake, are petty claims worth clevieng to so tightly? If a thing h as value in the fight, might it be wiser to give to who can use it most effectively?" Ferax offered Nepthtys.

As the wizard left, Ferax took another sip of wine and motioned to the butler.

"This appears to have run its course, can I avail myself of another bottle of wine and guidance to my room?"

He raised his cup to Nepthtys, "Goodnight madam."

He offered a similar parting to everyone else. Ending with Nishka, "Join me for a night cap and perhaps some insight into your home?"

Despite how high the waves seemed to have hit, I seem rather calm. Though I can feel I really need to meditate on this and hear guidance from and commune with the spirits on how to handle this person. I would rather not stray from my path of being the neutral in most matters, lest I might end up in a bad place regarding the balance of this world. THis contemplation is only noticed by those who might keep their eyes on me. This happens while Ferax takes his leave.

Luckily I am done with the meal as well. So I rise and bow politely to the warrior with a cool and level headed mind on his side."I thank you kindly for being another voice of reason gladiator Ferax and I would be delighted to join you for a private chat. I am very happy that you are interested in other cultures - that we have very much in common. I find it a bit concerning how a warrior can be more wise than the supposed smart people present. I will be there shortly", I tell him and give him a warm smile and a light blush.

Afer he leaves I turn towards the princess and almost everyone else, giving a polite bow."I wish you a nice evening and should you require me, feel free to come and find me. Thank you kindly for the meal - it was very lovely". I tell the room overall and then turn out and leave, to quickly out Snippers away in my room and then seek out the room of Ferax.

4 hours ago, agdiv said:

Cernan nods in agreement, "I also believe items should go to the individual they would be most useful for."

Jerell nods in agreement. "So let it be written.  So let it be done."

He turns to the gladiator. "I appreciate your voice of reason."

To the wait staff, "None the less, another drink for me, if you please."

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

The gladiator watched the discussion of salvage stoically. He had no idea what the background of the treasure was or the legitimacy of anyone's claims.

Nishka had raised a good point.

"The chronicler offers sound advice. If the world is at stake, are petty claims worth clevieng to so tightly? If a thing h as value in the fight, might it be wiser to give to who can use it most effectively?" Ferax offered Nepthtys.

As the wizard left, Ferax took another sip of wine and motioned to the butler.

"This appears to have run its course, can I avail myself of another bottle of wine and guidance to my room?"

He raised his cup to Nepthtys, "Goodnight madam."

He offered a similar parting to everyone else. Ending with Nishka, "Join me for a night cap and perhaps some insight into your home?"

*The butler nods to the Gladiator. He seems to be worried with the way the evening has turned but he isn't stupid enough to try to stop any of them*

54 minutes ago, Balthier said:

Jerell nods in agreement. "So let it be written.  So let it be done."

He turns to the gladiator. "I appreciate your voice of reason."

To the wait staff, "None the less, another drink for me, if you please."

*The butler serves drinks to all of those still in the room.*

When he reached his assigned quarters, bottle of wine and two glasses in hand, Ferax set the wine and glasses on the sideboard.

He stripped off his armored sleeves and greaves, setting them within easy reach of the bed. Blood and Glory joined the armor and the gladiator was left wearing just his belt and cingulum.

Ferax retrieved the wine bottle, laid the rudus on the table and slumped  into the chair. He poured his second cup of wine for the day and traced the edge of the wooden sword with a finger. 'Ought to call you Freedom.'  he thought.

His mind turned from the symbol of his victories and release to the ludus and the gladiators he now owned. Ferax was more generous and less brutal with his slaves, but having to explain it to Nishka had gotten him to thinking.

The law was clear - he did no wrong owning them, and he made none fight who didn't want to but had he done any right?

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories
Typos
  • Like 1

OOC: Just a heads up. I might go to bed soon. Just in case I stop replying.

After I put Snippers back into my room and feed him a bit of food, I then do as promised and after a few minutes there is a knock on the door of Ferax. Earlier on I was caught just walking in some of the servants of lady Kazumi and was informed it was considered rude to just walk in, so now I make sure ot knock if the door is closed.

"Hello, gladiator Ferax. You wanted me to join you?", I ask through the door.

Edited by JennyDK

Ferax looked up from his reverie and pushed himself out of the chair. He crossed the room with an easy grace on his bare feet.

He swung the door open and greeted the ratfolk chronicler. "Glad you decided to join me." He said, gesturing the woman in.

He offered Nishka the chair he'd just vacated as he collected the wooden sword and sat on the bed, facing the chair.

He sighed heavily, with a faint, amused smile, "That could have gone better." He chuckled before he continued, "Although I'm not sure the world deserves any better."

The gladiator leaned forward, revealing a back criscrossed with the whip's tell take scars, to take his wine cup.

"You had a few downstairs, people might think even less of me if they think I got you drunk."

The door opens up and I am greeted with the sight of the fit and muscular young male who stands  much taller than myself. A small and graceful bow is used to politely greet him once more."You invited me and you have been very polite, a good listener and generally be a good conversation partner interested in my culture and I am in yours. Plenty of reasons to show up", I say and smile softly, admiring his physique.

I make my way inside the room which looks pretty similar to my own, but he probably has more stuff to put in here that I do. Soon enough I am sitting down in the seat offered to me. I sense a heavy dread in those word, but allow the gladiator to fully finish before I chime in with my reponse, giving him my full attention until then.

Finally, I open my mouth to speak, trying to choose my words carefully:"We cannot blame ourselves for the failures of others. Otherwise we could worry all the time. All I can and will do is try to show as a good example. We need both good, neutral and evil personalities. The important thing is to keep the balance. Without darkness there is no light either and vice versa. What I think the world deserves is not up to me to decide. I can only do my best to make it a better one".

I take a pause from responding to take a few sips of mine, the colour clear on my face as this is my fourth one, but not too bad since I poured less than most would. I take a look at his scarred back and yet do not recoil or seem any sort of shocked."I get myself drunk if I wish. If not, then that is no one else's fault but my own. I am a grown woman and not a child. You really worry about a power hungry douchebag thinking less of you? He has no measure of man or decency in him. You are far more man than he could ever be. Forget that fool and acknowledge what you have achieveed in life", I say, earnestly seeing much pride and honour in this man already.

"I think you have an unduly generous view of my accomplishments, Nishka." The scarred gladiator chuckled.

Taking an oddly dainty sip of wine he continued, "My accomplishment" he emphasized the singular form of the word, "is not dying. I have won the vast majority of my contests, but not all. I have always fought well enough that more people wanted to see me fight again." He tipped his cup toward Nishka, "That is the extent of it."

Ferax, leaned back on his elbows and patted the wooden sword, "My dubious achievement is of little interest, what is your home called, what is it like? I have seen bars, dust and crowds, what of the broader world?"

• Love 1

"You are alive, you look well and you do not seem to lack anything in general. To me that translates to a successful job at life. Anything beyond that is just a bonus", I let him know, my view of life very simple. Simple, but at least it makes it easier to find happiness this way, at least in my head. There is not much more to it and unless I see reason to change this simplistic view, I aim to keep it. Sadly, I get the feeling that this man is feeling like he has to measure his life against that of others, warranting him a worried look on my face, which I do not attempt to hide.

"Oh, but that is where you are wrong. What you have accomplished is something I have never experienced before in my life. At least far from the scale you have described. Is that not of value? I have experienced you have not and I can tell you of those and therefore your knowledge and awareness has been broadened. That, in itself, is worthy of interest. You sell yourself far short gladiator Ferax", I utter to finalize my thoughts on that topic. Then I take another sip of wine, feeling the heat of it warm me up further.

"My village is called Rashkir village. They are often named after the bloodline of the chieftain in them. A few others have names after legendary ratfolk. I know the swamp looks the same all over to Outlanders, but a keen eye and knowledge will spot the numerous nuances everywhere. For instance, near my village there is a specimen of mushroom ONLY native to our small village and surrounding area. They are both delicious as well as good in healing salves. So you see, even what might be consider "bland" or "generic", can contain great differences...just as your life is unique and you have the opportunit to continue to shape that life", I go on, continuing to try and let the man feel like his life is not as uninteresing as he tries to convince himself to. Without noticing, I have grabbed one of his hands to gently hold. Once I notice I feel a blush go across my face, but I do not let go, but a simple smile adorns my face.

• Like 1

Hai Linh had listened to the discussions, the claims, the insults, and insinuated threats, all while eating a small portion of food and avoiding drink entirely. It seemed that, despite her mistress casting a spell upon this woman they fought that kept her from harming any of those assembled, this Princess and the Red Wizard were inclined to snub her for a portion of the treasure. Like the typical adventurers Kazumi had worked with over the years, they see only combat as having any advantage. Nevermind that Kazumi used powerful magic to stop the woman from harming them. Nevermind that Kazumi sent her entourage ahead to prepare a house for the assemblage and paid from her own wealth to be certain everyone had rooms, food, baths...

She felt herself gritting her teeth, and forced herself to relax. This was the path her Mistress set. She sought adventure and placed no claims upon others. Her selflessness knew no bounds, and it made Hai Linh furious. She knew Kazumi would say nothing, but she should stand up right now and challenge these... No. She would do no such thing.

Hai Linh pushed slowly back from the table, her movements slow and deliberate so as to make certain no one found them threatening. She stood, folded the napkin and set it across her plate.

"As these proceedings appear to be concluded, I shall report back to my mistress." She offered a stiff bow to the room. "Good night."

With that she turned and headed upstairs to report to Kazumi.

• Like 1

Jerell watched Hai Linh with one slightly raised eyebrow. When she stook, he stood also and returned her bow politely, "Good evening miss.  And my thanks to your mistress."

He watched her leave then looked to the Butler and shrugged. When most were then gone, he sighed deeply and facepalmed. "Perhpas sleep will clear some minds."

Jerell made his way to his quarters, intent on sleep.

• Like 1

*Darius returned to his room. He had been able to keep his secrets old and new hidden for the day, he wasn't used to working with others and if the day was any indication, it was far more trouble than it was worth. He had accomplished more on his own than with the group, though of course he knew others wouldn't see it that way.*

*No one seemed to have perturbed his room or his possessions. He took his newly acquired books, his new Blessed Spellbook, studying and examining its secrets. Let them argue about their trinkets, he would keep the real treasures to himself. Tomorrow would be an eventful day, he would visit the planet called Eliphas and finally begin to create his own plane in which to keep his treasures safe from everyone. And if at all possible create a more stable relationship with Lady Kazumi, Adam and Princess Nephthys*

Edited by PsychoSexual

Ferax felt the woman's warm hand on his. It was not a new feeling. As a slave it had been a quiet signal that his body was required.

This felt different. The weight of her hand did not contain the demand or ownership others' had. The gladiator leaned forward and set his cup on the table. As he leaned back he laid his other grizzled hand on top of Nishka's.

"I am very good at what I do. People like to watch me do it and the gladiators I train are successful and well cared for. I am comfortable with that."

He gave her a friendly smile and continued, "So good in fact that now that I run a ludus games from all over invite me to bring gladiators. And even as I begin to travel, I am called here to travel farther. And here you are, who have seen lands I may never."

He squeezed her hand, "I am far more fortunate than many." Ferax found himself looking at the ratfolk scribe with a carnal curiosity that was unusual for him. He tried to wrestle the thought back, but his eyes continued to rove over her.