GM Angel's Pathfinder character discussion thread

@GM Angeldid you remember I gathered ingredients to make 6 healing potions and 3 potions for ability damage?

EDIT: Also, since I literally cannot fail the DCs on them I assume I can make them as much as I want, providing nothing gives me enough penalty to mess up.

Edited by JennyDK

3 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

@GM Angeldid you remember I gathered ingredients to make 6 healing potions and 3 potions for ability damage?

EDIT: Also, since I literally cannot fail the DCs on them I assume I can make them as much as I want, providing nothing gives me enough penalty to mess up.

Yep, typically it takes 8 hours of looking to find the ingredients for 2d6 worth of plant based alchemical items and yeah you auto succeed in crafting. I think technically you are suppose to set up an alchemy lab but your character really isn't making anything that powerful for your level and it fits her better to just be brewing the stuff in a pot.

• Like 1

Angel: I think it's great that you divert from rules and such where it makes sense. She is used to making stuff in her village that certainly do not the most complex of equipment. So basically mortel and such. I think it makes sense to use time to look for ingredients, but I think it is way overkill for the system to put it so mathmatical as you describe there. Better to think about what makes logical sense in context.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GM Angel said:

Also apologies I'm feel kinda sickly and haven't had the greatest posts today so feel free as a group to narrate dinner at the kitsune's rented place and continue your awesome conversations!

I am sorry to hear that. I suspected something was wrong when you didn't reply at your usual times.

I hope you get better soon.

Edited by PsychoSexual
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PsychoSexual said:

@Balthier

I am a little bit confused as to what character class you actually are a Warpriest, they don't get level 6th spells until much later than level 13.

I ask because I want to know what your character can or can't do and therefore what the party's abilities are.

Yes Warpriest. At level 13 I know up to level 5 spells. Warpriest trades spell verses what a cleric would get for being able to hit things with weapons a little better. It should be all on my character sheet I believe.

I have to keep refering back to it myself as I am not experienced with Pathfinder or playing a cleric type.

Edited by Balthier

2 hours ago, Balthier said:

Yes Warpriest. At level 13 I know up to level 5 spells. Warpriest trades spell verses what a cleric would get for being able to hit things with weapons a little better. It should be all on my character sheet I believe.

I have to keep refering back to it myself as I am not experienced with Pathfinder or playing a cleric type.

I could have sworn I saw 6th level spells on your list hence my confusion. Thank yuuu for letting me know.

We better not die any time soon. Since you can't resurrect anyone at your current level.

1 hour ago, PsychoSexual said:

I could have sworn I saw 6th level spells on your list hence my confusion. Thank yuuu for letting me know.

We better not die any time soon. Since you can't resurrect anyone at your current level.

Yes... And no.  Within 1 round I can. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/breath-of-life

So as long as you die next to me. You might be okay. I'd prefer to heal people up before that happens though.

@GM AngelIf I'm ever MIA it's safe to assume I'm trying to heal/buff people as needed.

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Balthier said:

Yes... And no.  Within 1 round I can. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/breath-of-life

So as long as you die next to me. You might be okay. I'd prefer to heal people up before that happens though.

@GM AngelIf I'm ever MIA it's safe to assume I'm trying to heal/buff people as needed.

I stand corrected, that's good to know.

11 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

I stand corrected, that's good to know.

So long as I keep it memorized or whatever in my daily list anyways.  It's there for now. 😅

And of course I can substitute a cure spell for any of the lower ones.

My idea was to be support for Adam primarily, then everyone else secondarily.  Assuming I can heal him normally. I usually play rangers or fighters in 5e (thus far), but I think I'm really liking the support aspect of this even more.

Edited by Balthier

3 minutes ago, Balthier said:

So long as I keep it memorized or whatever in my daily list anyways.  It's there for now. 😅

And of course I can substitute a cure spell for any of the lower ones.

Prepared is the term just like with a wizard.

Thanks for keeping it in mind. Hope you didn't find Darius too arrogant, I mean he is arrogant but that's kinda the point.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the whole exchange. You, Adam and Nishka. 👍

I'm really getting into the whole RPing part of this holy man/warrior. More than I expected.  Maybe lockdown withdraws from my 5e group? 😂

Jerell being an ex-soldier, I feel like our characters see things somewhat similar but from radically different perspectives. It's all good. Difference can be fun.

Edited by Balthier
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Balthier said:

My idea was to be support for Adam primarily, then everyone else secondarily.  Assuming I can heal him normally. I usually play rangers or fighters in 5e (thus far), but I think I'm really liking the support aspect of this even more.

Not sure you can heal him, the problem is that any spell that has spell resistance Adam is immune to. That includes the entire Cure Wounds line of spells.

There might be arcanist spels there were in D&D 3.5, not sure about pathfinder. 

With my feats I could give him regeneration but that will require time and money and more caster levels for my character. And of course Adam will have to trust me and I don't think he does.

@Balthier
Hammer of Mending will work to heal Golems although it offers spell resistance it specifically says it ignores the protections of Golems so it can heal golems.

Even better is the Make Whole line of spells which are much lower level, my suggestion is you keep the grater version.

Edited by PsychoSexual
More info
  • Like 1