OOC chat for Elder Signs.

Because nothing screams sexy like terror and contemplating suicide  😉  

Anyone seen True Detective, once this is wrapping up we might want to think about doing something like that, I think the format of the club really lends it's self well to it.

Edited by MultiChara69

1 minute ago, Godot said:

@JennyDK I know I'm 10 hours late since that's when you posted your next reply to our scene in 2020, but...

I think you should give us an opportunity to interact with each other before moving the story forward and trying to toy with us more.

So far, I have had the system of waiting for a post from each of you. I do get what you mean, but this is part of the learning process: To see where it is fitting for me to chime in.

How do you feel about it @Neptune and @MultiChara69?

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

So far, I have had the system of waiting for a post from each of you. I do get what you mean, but this is part of the learning process: To see where it is fitting for me to chime in.

How do you feel about it @Neptune and @MultiChara69?

I think you should look out yourself as the GM for whenever you think is a good idea for the characters to get to know themselves a bit more and interact between each other. Like for example right now would be perfect because they're in an unknown place and they still don't know each other. ^^

Honestly I just think the entity is just doing what it's supposed to do to keep then, isolated, weak , and afraid. I understand the need for breathing room but it's on us to create opportunities to interact, strategize, and coordinate. Like it's not her job to let up it's our job to find ways to resist as best we can...but that's just the way I look at it.

2 minutes ago, MultiChara69 said:

Honestly I just think the entity is just doing what it's supposed to do to keep then, isolated, weak , and afraid. I understand the need for breathing room but it's on us to create opportunities to interact, strategize, and coordinate. Like it's not her job to let up it's our job to find ways to resist as best we can...but that's just the way I look at it.

That's a fine way to look at it, but I mean I kinda prefer the entity not to forcefully make us do things while I want to get to know the other characters. Sure, I'm fine with it if it can make us see things, make us think about bad things, and best we can do is ignore it, but I'm talking about things like controlling and putting things in our hands and making us think that we are 100% supposed to do that and you can't stop it. Like, there's nothing wrong with Jenny's current GM reply. In fact, it's really cool how she made it look like and stuff, but I feel like it's a bit excessive to put false thoughts into one's mind and make them "remember the past differently" unless I'm somehow overthinking this. But hey, as long as my character can instantly get confused about these thoughts and brush them off and toss whatever the entity gave him away into the black tar sea, everything is a-okay. ^^

6 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

This is all new to us, at least in this format, and hopefully we can find out what works and doesn't work once we are done with this minor story.

And that's exactly why I decided to come here and discuss this. ^^

This type of RP is very new to me as well, so I just want to make sure that things turn out as fair as possible for everyone.

• Like 1

Unless he is very mad, he can choose not do what he is being "told" and such. I am taking inspiration from stuff like the movie In The Mouth of Madness (great movie!). PArt of Lovecraftian IS messing with the humans. I will do my best to make it less controlling, but I still feel putting false memories in your minds is okay...especially if they vanish later on...or something else.

This is also experimenting with what kind of "intereferences" works within this context and format.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

Unless he is very mad, he can choose not do what he is being "told" and such. I am taking inspiration from stuff like the movie In The Mouth of Madness (great movie!). PArt of Lovecraftian IS messing with the humans. I will do my best to make it less controlling, but I still feel putting false memories in your minds is okay...especially if they vanish later on...or something else.

This is also experimenting with what kind of "intereferences" works within this context and format.

I'm fine with having false memory, as long as they don't permanently stay there or they don't forcefully make you do something you clearly don't want to. That's what I meant.

Hell, I'm fine with the entity doing pretty much anything they want with us humans, as long as it doesn't DIRECTLY control us in any way, shape or form.

3 minutes ago, Godot said:

I'm fine with having false memory, as long as they don't permanently stay there or they don't forcefully make you do something you clearly don't want to. That's what I meant.

Hell, I'm fine with the entity doing pretty much anything they want with us humans, as long as it doesn't DIRECTLY control us in any way, shape or form.

I am only trying to manipulate them honestly, which I hope is fine :3

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Right now I am holding back from replying since I am giving you all a chance to interact with each other 😄

Alright! I believe @Neptune is up, but we can wait for her as much as we have to. No rush. ^^

Myself I've been having trouble with responding to scenes too, so I hope that's not an issue.

This may come as a shock but I may have lost interest or motivation to RP further in this club, but because I don't want to blueball anyone, I will give one last response to end the story of Vincent, and you guys can continue from there.

It's ironic, because I was the one who said I love styles like these and I'm eager to try them out.

It might be because I put more thought into things after I've seen @JennyDK's status post about motivation and long/detailed RPs (obviously I'm not blaming her, I just think that I'm not feeling it at the moment). Maybe I need some time away from RP...

I have no intention of leaving this club though, and maybe when a different story comes into play, I will join it. I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone, though.

It's always good to try new things out in your life to see if you like them or not. In this case, I tried out this style of RP and I love it, but my motivation really plummeted to the ground to continue it. However, I will gladly continue anything in, for example,  Monster Academy. I think that theme suits me well the most. ^^ I still need to get to a long post there with @Neptune and I'm so sorry to keep her waiting.

And if any of you are wondering, no, it didn't feel like I was doing a chore or anything, I loved responding it, I loved the story, I just think I need to start paying attention to what types and styles of RP suit me the best, despite me loving styles that don't fit me.