If you were a Gym Leader

Muramune

For any Pokemon fans on here: If you were a Gym Leader, what type would you specialize in? Who would your team be? And what would your badge be?

I would most likely specialize in Dark types. My team would consist of an Absol, Zoroark, and Umbreon

Upon my defeat, I would confer to the victor the Eclipse Badge

Rematch team: 

Absol

Zoroark

Umbreon

Houndoom

Weavile

Honchkrow

Edited by Muramune
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Hm... I think I'd have to go with the ice type! I've always loved the bright blue and white aesthetic.

As for my team, I suppose there really aren't many choices that haven't already been used. I suppose I'd use Alolan Sandslash and Ninetails along with Glaceon, Aurorus, Weavile and Froslass!

The badge would be the snowflake badge!

Edit: For a more believable in-game setup, I'll make individual teams based on the number of badges the challenger has:

0-2: A Vulpix, A Sandshrew, Amaura

3-4: A Vulpix, A Sandshrew, Aurorus

5-6: Sneasel, A Ninetails, A Sandslash, Aurorus

7: Weavile, A Ninetails, A Sandslash, Aurorus

8: Weavile, A Ninetails, A Sandslash, Froslass, Aurorus

Rematch: Weavile, A Ninetails, A Sandslash, Glaceon, Froslass, Aurorus

Edited by Aura
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

My problem with this is that most of my favourite Pokémon are all different types, so I wouldn't be able to use them all...
Unless it were theme, rather than type, which would probably end up with me being Elite Four rather than a Gym Leader, like Dragon Cheater Master Lance.

For type, I would have to pick Fairy, I think. That or Dragon. My team would likely be some combination of Alolan Ninetales, Mimikyu, Gardevoir, Dedenne, and Primarina, though Mawile and Altaria (Mega) are options too. My main logic for these is the secondary type, even though I'd miss out on Clefable and Sylveon with that reasoning (my two favourite pure Fairy types). A win would get you the Sprite Badge.

If I went with Dragon, it would be some combination of Dragonair, Flygon, Altaria (Mega), Alolan Exeggutor, Dragalge, Tyrantrum or Turtonator. If you brought your A game, you'd end up with a Hoard Badge.

For E4 theme, it would of course be foxes/fox-like Pokémon. Ninetales and Alolan Ninetales, Zoroark, Braixen or Delphox, Sylveon, and probably Midday Lycanroc to round it out. I know an Eeveelution and an obvious (from the name at least) wolf (and locking myself out of anything that can Mega evolve) is kind of pushing it a bit, but so what? 🙃

I'm also not saying I would definitely have six Pokémon, but I can't narrow it down further than that... Definitely a late stage Gym if not E4.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

My very first post, and it's in relation to being a hypothetical Pokémon gym leader — sounds about right!

My heart tells me that I would go for the Fairy type, if for no other reason than the aesthetic of an underestimated pink powerhouse™

But my head tells me to go for electricity, which is the type of most of my favourites: Raichu, Jolteon, Emolga and Luxray.

And I'd probably relinquish the Fizzle Badge, or perhaps the Cannon Badge. ⚡

Edited by amefitz
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Since gym leaders tend to.habe rematches with a full team of 6 Pokemon, I'd say go ahead and make a full 6 Pokemon team, but now that foxy brings it up, I think I'll edit my post to include a team for each gym level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Aura said:

Since gym leaders tend to.habe rematches with a full team of 6 Pokemon, I'd say go ahead and make a full 6 Pokemon team, but now that foxy brings it up, I think I'll edit my post to include a team for each gym level.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I just picked 3 to keep it simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Late-game Normal type Leader.

First match:

• Furret
  • Audino
  • Cinccino

Rematch:

• Furret (with Chople Berry)
  • Delcatty (with Silk Scarf)
  • Wigglytuff (with Leftovers)
  • Blissey (with Jaboca Berry)
  • Audino (with Audinite)
  • Cinccino (with Normalium Z)

My badge would be the Charm Badge. A cute badge for a master of cute Pokémon!~

Edited by ArdillaVerde93
Blissey instead of Furfrou.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I think there would be only one type for me. Dragon. Dragons are just the best (Yes. I am totally, 100% biased here)

I think I would go for a mid-to-late-game gym, more towards the late game.

First match:

1. Dragonair
  2. Skrelp
  3. Gabite

Rematch: 

1. Dragonite
  2. Dragalge
  3. Garchomp
  4. Hydreigon
  5. Tyrantrum
  6. Kingdra

I think the badge I would give out, would be the "Dragon's Heart" badge. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

ghost and psychic pokemon all the fucking way.

first match:

1. Haunter
  2. Jynx
  3. Kirlia

rematch:

1. Gengar (Maybe with the Gengarite thing)
  2. A more badass Jynx
  3. Gardevoir (Maybe with the Gardevoirite thing)
  4. Latias (Maybe with the Latias-ite thing)
  5. A super sized Gourgeist, because fuck you motherfucker. lol
  6. Aegislash.

which one I mega evolve is pot luck. I think you can only mega-evolve once per match, right? so................which one I mega evolve completely depends. as for a badge that's pot luck too.......I wouldn't know. maybe the degeneracy badge. which is someone taking a diglett up the ass or being licked out by a lickitung.

Edited by Whoreo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Hmmm for me its always been the Ice type gym. I'm not gonna lie, its my favourite. But I also know its generally precieved as the weakest type. Soo I would definately try to do something about that.

My team of 4 (since I'd try to have my gym about halfway through the story) I'd go for the following:

Mamoswine, Obamasnow, Frostlass and as an ace I'd use Wallrain.

For my re-match I'd probably add a sneasle to get the quick damage in and a glaceon... cause i like it XD

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Warlock said:

Hmmm for me its always been the Ice type gym. I'm not gonna lie, its my favourite. But I also know its generally precieved as the weakest type. Soo I would definately try to do something about that.

My team of 4 (since I'd try to have my gym about halfway through the story) I'd go for the following:

Mamoswine, Obamasnow, Frostlass and as an ace I'd use Wallrain.

For my re-match I'd probably add a sneasle to get the quick damage in and a glaceon... cause i like it XD

Really? Ice is considered weak? I'd think Bug type would get the most flak because I always have a hard time with ice

1 minute ago, Muramune said:

Really? Ice is considered weak? I'd think Bug type would get the most flak because I always have a hard time with ice

Mainly because there aren't that many, and they have pretty bad resistances. They normally need their second type to make them more viable and a lot of them became absolete with the introduction of fairy type. Before then they were already only really used for the dragon killing, but then again, i havent' done competative battling in a while so I need time to get the information gathered if you like to know more 🙂 But yes bug is often also considered weak because of their stats and the likes, but then again, i don't know in the current meta. Also ice types often have terrible stat distribution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now