Sweet Treat Beach

"Blink motherfucker." Amon wanted to say after an awkward moment of silence. 

The man then said with an unamused tone and a neutral face, "I'm a lot cuter up close. Just checking up on you to see if you need help." 

Amon waited for an answer but if this fucking goober didn't want to talk that was fair enough. He already had his pistol unclipped to his side that the woman couldn't see just in case she too was from Florida. That last guy didn't seem half bad, but this chick might be the "Florida Girl" Amon always wanted to witness. He wasn't wrong when he came to this island and though, "These people are crazy," And this lady with- wait is that a sword? 

• Like 1

The man shrugged debating whether he really wanted to give a name. The lady didn't seem to be the smart-ass and more than anything serious if not overtly cautious. She looked like one of those Victorian-era cosplayers, or a larper rather. For all Amon knew the little jewelry and odds and stuff, as well as the sword were fake... Then again the clinking of metal tells otherwise. With a sigh be needed to give a response. 

"Amon. You're on... Uh..." Amon stopped until he got it again "Sweet Rest Island. Unless you just washed up on the beach either you're on vacation or you just love here too. If you want know about the island more I can give you a ride to the Hotel... Or I can show you around."

Amon turned the baseball cap around from its rear direction to the proper front atop his crop cut Brien hair. His hazel green eyes stared when the chick referred to her place as a quarters. Funny. Amon could have responded in a dickish manner but chose not to, it would be plain rude... And he wasn't being a pain in the ass unlike this bitch. Whelp! Time to tell her not to where to go! 

"Islands pretty secure save for the jungle. What comes out goes into the ground by your's truly, that's my job is to hunt whatever tries to meander out of the jungle. Unless you are a staff member or part of the defense team you will not go into there for that's a big no-no, otherwise I'd have to drag your ass out. Now that that's out of the way, there's no need to hunt anything, you should probably just relax and mingle with everyone else... Erm... Brave warrior of London."

Lounging on the beach appeared to be a man dressed in some rather fine clothing. He was resting on his stomach, groaning softly. Spread from his back appeared to be wings of some kind, green with silver webbings. A tail lay still behind him, resting along the sands leading towards the ocean at his still booted feet. He had yet to raise his horned head.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, onearmeddruid said:

She raises an eyebrow looking at Amon z"what is london?"

"...The capital of England, and the United Kingdom?" Amon states a little dumbfounded. Jesus fuck what are the people drinking these days? 

"Let's forget that. If you have a... Quarters, and it's not on the island I'm gonna need to direct you over to that large building over there," Amon states pointing to the beautiful and massive ass structure in the distance, "The staff there can explain things better than I can. And I do suggest you do that now, just get it out if the way. You'll be taking to Lemon or whoever's working reception right now. Now just in case, would you let me to give you a lift over there on my noble steed?"

Amon pats the space just behind his flat seat of the ATV, "I can give ya answers on the way there, can't stay here for too, gotta finish my shift ya know?"

Amon cranked up the small vehicle once more and takes off slowly, and states, "I'm not making things up, lady. If Vanilla told me right the island is... Magical? I guess? So we get people from other worlds... Look shit might sound stupid as hell but it's what I was told, couple weeks ago I ran into some chick with cat ears so you tell me." 

Amon's tone was almost neutral but he still had a hard time believing the stuff in general. So the island was whimsical in some sense, there are freaks and people from all over here, and he normally misses out on the interesting stuff. However one thing he was certain was that Amon would need to put a notice in on this lady. He was knew she might go off killing whatever and in the process get into some serious heat, both metaphorically and literally. Last thing Amon needed was for this one to get into trouble especially in the jungle... That's the last place anyone should go.

(Thinking after next post we'll transition to the Hotel)

The lady didn't speak which seemed to bode well for Amon thus far. He didn't need to talk or anything like that, just try to do what he could for her... He guessed. Amon didn't fully trust that she wouldn't get get in trouble, further more that sword she seemed to fondly grope and her attitude of, "Can't trust anyone," Also started to aggravate him. For the love of God, the only normal person on the island seemed to be that... Avery? That Avery trap guy that was washed up on the beach, he was normal for the most part. Not that the other staff weren't almost normal either, the while thing was just off to Amon. All that would take is a little time of getting used to, and his thoughts came to a halt when they were up on the Hotel... 

• Haha 1

"GYYYAAAUGH!"

Xander sat upright, his heart pumping like a jack hammer and his whole body trembling. He could feel his pulse pounding in his temples, eyes wide open as his fingers dig into the wet sand beneath him. He sat there a moment, shook, panting heavily as he simply stared at the empty beach before him. Just moments ago he was pounding his foot against the break pedal to his hover car as it began to drift off the allotted roadway. He desperately attempted to veer, but he succeeded only in bouncing like a pinball from a guardrail and head first into a concrete wall.

And now he was on a beach.

"Am I dea-" he began, but his throat was so dry and voice so crackled that he could not even finish without a series of coughs. It was only after he looked to the hand that reflexively covered his mouth that he noticed water dripping from it. He looked about himself, realizing he was in the range of the waves lapping up and down the beach. With a heavy groan he began to stand, water suddenly spilling from the folds and crevices in his jacket and pants. Well, if he was dead, then the afterlife was filled with the unfortunate pains of a mortal body. Xander didn't believe in much, but he somehow doubted an ageless soul would experience sore muscles and creaky joints.

"So I'm alive," he said with a harsh voice. Well, that's a start. Looking up and away from a beach, the first thing he noticed was trees and jungle. Right, so he somehow teleported from his hover car to a tropical beach. That's... certainly unusual. However, he then noticed a large building rising above the trees in the distance. He wasn't wholly certain what kind of building it was, but it looked decently inviting. "Destination," he sighed with a smile to himself. "That's a start."

He began to walk down the length of the beach in the direction of the building, the warm sun and cool breeze coming off the ocean working in tandem to begin drying him off. He made sure to keep closer to the water than the jungle, however. Something about it seemed... unwelcoming. Not at all the vibe he got from the building in the distance.

• Love 1

Vanilla: She was on her way to run some errands for the pair that ran the Island. "...Mint sure has been antsy of late. So much stress for a girl in charge of magic paradise...i wonder if there's..." She stops talking to herself as she notices a someone walking the beach.

He seemed like he was out of place, something she was used too. Almost everyone who came to the island seems out of place at first. Being plucked from your own reality and plopped into a new one tends to do that to people. She smiles and shakes her head. At this point it wasn't even worth thinking about how many different bewildered guest she's seen walking the beach to the Hotel. 

"Heya!" She starts waving to him. "You okay? Your not hurt are you?" She calls loudly to him. Her long blond hair was tied back and she was wearing her usual white dress shirt, dress pants, vest and tie. She removes her sun glasses and tucks them into her vest pocket as she makes her way over to him,  her bright green eyes almost shining in the sun light. 

@Minorikawa @Mega_Lorandto

• Like 1

At the sound of someone ... unfamiliar and bubbly, the dragon man groans, lifting his head - his glasses thrown across the sand - and blinks. He looks around, momentarily bewildered, before sorta just shrugging it off and getting up. He shakes his wings, then looks down in disgust at all the sand that'd gathered on his clothing. "Ugh ... these would've cost a fortune to clean ..." Suddenly, soapy water seems to just soak into his clothes, loosening and then shaking off the sand. Soon after, his clothing ripples as if being dried by a strong breeze. Then, with a sigh of satisfaction, the dragon man smiles and strolls over to his glasses, picking them up and shaking them off before putting them back underneath his horns and presumably over his ears. He then looks at Vanilla, his slitted green eyes piercing, with an almost hidden glow beneath the surface.

( @Lollipop @Mega_Lorandto )

The building was not as close as Xander had originally thought. That, or his footsteps were dragging far more than he had thought. However, over time he was able to spot specks in the distance that vaguely resembled people, and with each step he took the building seemed to become larger. In fact, the closer he got, the larger it appeared with each step! Ah, progress. Progress was sweet. But his old hovercar was even sweeter. Also, while he appreciated that sun overhead drying his clothing, he was not so appreciative of it beating down so warmly that he was now starting to sweat. He was thirsty, after all. How inconsiderate of the sun.

One of the specks had begun to take the shape of a person. A blonde. Ah, yes, he could identify her shape now. It was definitely a blonde woman, and she was looking in his direction. Waving, in fact! And shouting! He was, unfortunately, unable to quite make out all her words against the sound of crashing waves, so he held one finger up before pausing. He closed his eyes, inhaling deeply once, then twice, then opened his eyes and lifted his legs to try jogging forward. It was like they were coated in cement with rusted joints needing iron. Every step seemed to resist his effort to gain some forward momentum, to just carry himself quickly enough to meet with another human being and arrange for some proper water and rest.

The jog certainly helped close the distance towards the blonde far more quickly, but just as he opened his mouth he saw a figure not far apart from her suddenly stand and... whoa. Whoa! The sudden halting of his jog nearly forced him to tumble forward. Wings had just flourished out from this guy, almost distracting him from the fact that he had horns and a tail. Xander had seen some crazy go nuts body modifications in his time, but nothing so extravagant.

"Damn," he panted, finally hunching over, his hands pressed to his bent knees, "what kinda cash... do you gotta pay... for a body mod like that?" He caught his breath for a moment before looking up at the blonde before him. "Name's Xander," he said with slightly less exasperation. "I, uh... I should probably... get some water... and rest... and maybe see a doctor?"

His body was certainly sore as if he'd survived a car wreck, but the problem was that he shouldn't have survived it. Or if he had but was stuck in a coma for a while, he should have woken up in a hospital bed, preferably with a big-titted nurse in some tight fitting scrubs tending to him. Though perhaps that's precisely what was happening and he was in a coma dream? He glanced again to the dude with the horns, wings, and tail... and while it was out there, it wasn't trippy dream level.

"Water first, I think," he nodded to the blonde. Yeah, could be dehydration, too.

Edited by Minorikawa
  • Like 1

( @Minorikawa @Lollipop)

He turns to his fellow newcomer, noting how he looked like he came from some sort of super futuristic world and some kinda wreck, and idly commented, "You look as if you're a long way from home, stranger. And as if you just somehow survived something tragic." He smirked, and suddenly a glass of water was in his hand, being proffered to the human. "Here." He then turned back to Vanilla. "My name is Mega Lorandto. I assume there's a protocol to this place? I'll explain more about myself to the people it is more important to explain to. For now, the cliffnotes, most basic version: I'm a dragon god with creation magic. That's all you need to understand right now. Where am I btw?"

• Senior Staff

Aurora slowly woke up with the sun's rays beating down on her. To any normal human, it may not have been particularly strange, but for a girl of her origin, it was most certainly out of the ordinary to be bathed in direct sunlight. In daily life, she was normally strictly forbidden from even approaching the surface of the water, let alone above it. Her people were fearful of... humans. And, well, any other surface-dwelling race that pined for rare and exotic creatures. But it was all mostly just generalized with that word: human.

So naturally, when Aurora awoke surrounded by a sea of sand rather than water... she was in an immediate panic. "H-huh...?" her shrill voice squeaked as she sat up and started to look around. Having never been to the surface before, and being outside of the water, it was her first time ever being in her surface form. Not that she could see herself, but she could definitely feel different... legs! She had legs! Beyond that, her armor disappeared on the surface, so she was left completely naked! "H-h-haaah!" She suddenly cried out in a panic, covering herself up quickly and immediately searching her surroundings. It was just... sand, some kind of strange plants, and... water! Behind her! Without any experience walking with legs, the young girl used her arms to hoist herself toward the water as quickly as she could in order to at least regain some modesty.

As they were submerged, her legs returned to her beautiful, shimmering tail. Along with that, the vibrant pink color returned to her hair as soon as it got wet. The intricate golden armor manifested itself around her body, covering her more intimate parts with elegant plating. The armor didn't cover much visually, partially, it was a decision to show extra skin to make herself appear more... desirable among men at home, but also helped to ensure flexibility, as she needed to be able to move her body quite a lot underwater in order to swim around quickly. The armor took this into account, though, as an enchantment on the armor protected her exposed skin with an invisible, impenetrable magical barrier. In her hands, a trident soon manifested as well. All of these tools were created specifically for the Abrian Princess for self defense in such an occasion as this: Appearing in a strange location where she just might be in danger.

Now that she was in the water, she felt a little more comfortable, but... where was she? She gulped because she had no clue. The last thing she could remember was just... going a little bit further in a new direction outside of the city... She never got lost, and it didn't seem like she'd been captured by any humans, so... what happened? How did she end up here? She dived under water but, to her horror, the seafloor looked completely unrecognizable! At it was so shallow here, too! This wasn't her home at all! The distraught Nerei slowly made her way back to the surface to try and find some sort of hint...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Vanilla: She smiled as the man approached, but became surprised as the Dragon man appeared. She hadn't noticed him lying in the sand. Now she was approached by two guest. A human looking as though he had been through an ordeal, and...a dragon god? 

Vanilla had never met any other gods before aside from the ones that rule Sweet Treat Island. But there wasn't time to focus on that. The Human needed assistance.  "Uhh...Hello to both of you." She greeted them with a some what nervous laugh. "My name is Vanilla. I work here as you can guess. If you two would follow me to Hotel, I can sort out any questions you may have and have a medical professional look you over. Medical...professional...? Well, someone will see that we fix you up anyway." 

@Minorikawa @Mega_Lorandto

• Like 1

The dragon man turned away from Vanilla, offering a "Nice to meet you" at hearing her name, having heard Aurora's screaming in both fear and shock. He hummed, wondering what to do as he watched her use her arms to get herself into the water and transform. He turned back to Vanilla, sure that the human next to him would be fine, and then said, "I think I can take care of getting me and the human over to the Hotel, there's another new guest over in the water, and she seems quite bewildered. Maybe you should take care of that? I mean, I would, but I'm not exactly staff, y'know?" He smiled, his wings ruffling nervously as he tried his best to calmly bring Vanilla's attention to the princess in the waters.

@Minorikawa@Lollipop@Aura

Vanilla: She looked over to the water, and there was indeed another guest she hadn't noticed.  "Oh! Thank you. The Hotel is not far from here." She takes out her phone to check the time. "Okay, my co-worker, Lemon, should be at the front desk right now. She can get started on settling you guys in if I drag behind to far. See you there!" 

With that, Vanilla made her way over to the water's edge and offered a friendly wave to the woman in the water. "Hi there! Welcome to Sweet Treat Island. I'm Vanilla. I'm here to help and answers any questions you may have."

@Aura @Minorikawa @Mega_Lorandto

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There was... an awful lot to take in. Xander gazed dubiously at the glass of water that seemed to materialize out of thin air, his eyebrow quirked and brow furrowed as the winged man nonchalantly referred to himself as not just a dragon, but a dragon god. With a shrug he took the glass, sniffed it, then took a sip. It was cool, and it felt soothing to his throat, that tasteless flavor that comes with fresh, filtered water soaking into his parched mouth.

"If you're a god," Xander questioned, "why do you need help with anything?" He didn't actually expect an answer, nor did he care. He was no firmly in the mental territory where he was believing himself alive, but perhaps dreaming and in a coma. Regardless, dream or reality, the water felt good, and so he drank some more. He looked about as everyone's attention was suddenly shifted to a woman splashing about in the water. Quite a commotion this beach was, and not the typical sort.

"This way, then?" Xander said, nodding towards the hotel. "Seems simple enough. Let's go, dragon man. Tell me, you breathe fire?" The tone of his voice obviously suggested doubt to the man's claims, but Xander was also clearly too apathetic to care at the moment. This man would give him no answers, only more questions, but having company to the hotel should be no problem. He took the glass to his lips again, swallowing all of the water down before carelessly tossing the glass aside and onto the hot sands below their feet.

@Lollipop @Mega_Lorandto @Aura

• Like 1

The man smiles as he walks with Xander, nodding politely as Vanillla dashed past, and responded, "Well ... I don't quite recall coming here of my own volition. Plus it seems only polite to ask for assistance." His brow furrowed a moment as he hummed, noticing the apathetic tone in the man's voice. "I do indeed breathe fire, though it's not my only means of attack. Something which I hope to not have to employ here." His overall demeanor was actually quite companionable. He seemed more like just a man than a god, but the way he conjured water and glass from seemingly nowhere stuck with you for some reason.

@Lollipop@Minorikawa@Aura

• Senior Staff
6 hours ago, Lollipop said:

Vanilla: She looked over to the water, and there was indeed another guest she hadn't noticed.  "Oh! Thank you. The Hotel is not far from here." She takes out her phone to check the time. "Okay, my co-worker, Lemon, should be at the front desk right now. She can get started on settling you guys in if I drag behind to far. See you there!" 

With that, Vanilla made her way over to the water's edge and offered a friendly wave to the woman in the water. "Hi there! Welcome to Sweet Treat Island. I'm Vanilla. I'm here to help and answers any questions you may have."

@Aura @Minorikawa @Mega_Lorandto

Before she knew it, Aurora had found her way a bit closer to the shore than she would've liked. The current of the waves must have pushed her into the even shallower waters. It was shortly after realizing this when she began to notice... people? Humans!? It seemed almost as quickly as she noticed them, many of them had already noticed her. All these eyes on her, even for just a moment, frightened her and immediately caused her to retreat underwater, but the waters were too shallow to simply hide inside. She'd be found if any of them were to find her. Did one of them maybe... capture her? One of the humans called out to her in a friendly manner, but Aurora didn't yield to it just yet. She'd heard frightening stories of a race of humans called Fisher-men who plucked living creatures right out of the sea only to devour them or trade their carcasses for profit... Is that what was happening to her? Did she get too close to the surface before without realizing? Had she been fished!? Maybe she was captured by a Fisher-man and left on the shore because they thought she couldn't move on the surface?

If that were the case, then what about... "Viscie?" She spoke aloud, still underwater, though as a special trait of her Nirei vocals, her voice could be heard all the same even underwater. She began to run her fingers through her hair. She hadn't heard the poor guy say a thing since she'd woken up. She couldn't bear the thought of the poor creature being eaten! But everywhere her eyes laid, the octopus was nowhere to be seen. He normally nested inside of her hair, especially on the surface. If she woke up on the surface and he was gone... something terrible must've happened! She suddenly shot out of the water and swam back toward where she'd awoken, her bright pink tail shimmering in the sun as she leaped toward her destination. Viscie!? Where are you!? Viscie!?" The young lady was on the verge of tears in search of her missing friend. 

• Like 1

Vanilla: She watches as what she believes is a mermaid start dating off towards something.  "Oh no...she's panicking!" Vanilla starts follow along the beach. "Hey! Wait! I'm here to help!" She knew that depending on the world she from the woman might be afraid of humans. Humans could tend to be assholes. Especially to things they didn't understand.  But she needed to make sure she was alright. 

She figured she had a way to gain her trust, but she just needed to woman to open up an actual dialogue with her first. She seemed like she was looking for something, but what? Vanilla was at a loss. So many people come to the island in different ways for different reasons, it would be hard to figure out what she was searching for. "Can we please just talk? That's all I want! So I can help you! God, you swim fast!"

@Aura