GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

Kazumi watches the young girl carefully. Something is very, very off with her. Who is Helthel? Kazumi knows of no demons, devils, gods or goddesses with that name. She fixes El'lieral with a stern gaze and asks, "why did you confront us so brazenly, El'lieral? What did you hope to achieve?"

*Darius flies above Lady Gold as much out of his sense of arrogance than the practicality, since his large and unnatural form made it cumbersome to be around as well as it may scare members of her retinue, he gives her a small bow*

"Lady Gold, the strange woman seems to have some relation to Shar, if her words and magic are any indication. She has surrendered to me, but my instincts tell me something is very wrong with that woman. I fear she is too dangerous to move safely and yet her attack was so poor that I can't help but think death is exactly what she wants. Do you perhaps have a suggestion, or do you trust my... our best judgement?"

*It was clear Darius was used to working alone*

Edited by PsychoSexual
Bolding, punctuation, grammar, syntax

"Oh, I am the Herald of the Supreme Goddess Shar; the Lady of Loss, the Divine Echo of the Original Void. Together we will end the bitterness that is existence and return all to the gentle peace of nothingness. As once was, soon shall be!" El'lieral answers Kazumi with an oddly rote way of speaking.

"I came here to test my new powers and remove Lady Gold from her pursuit of stopping Shar and destroying my Lady's Artifacts, killing my Lady's Minions! I came to either chase you adventurers away or kill you as well for helping her. " She seems more animated now and suddenly bursts out laughing.

"I guess I don't know how to use my own powers yet! Ooops!"

*Darius thought what he could do, several ideas came to mind, teleporting her away but he would have to go with her or making her unconcious, either of those two he could do in his own, but in truth short of locking her away, behind some kind of magical prison or traping her soul anything he thought of was temporary. He was so absorbed in his own thoughts he had momentarily forgotten Lady Gold*

"Lady Gold, you summoned us here, you know our capabilities. Do you know who amongst our rank might have knowledge to trap our prisoner's soul?'

*She had seen the elf when she had arrived and spoke to Lady Gold. He was about to fly away but Lady's words caught his attention*

"I have seen no dogs, certainly haven't smelled any. Why would a dog be important? A familiar?"

*He asked trying to understand, this was not magic he was familiar with*

"I just was startled, I thought I saw a big black dog in my peripheral vision a moment, but when I focused my eyes I saw nothing...I'm just tired I think..." She says. "I will leave you all to handle the situation and retire to my coach. I'll send Jasper and the girls out to attend to you all when we camp tonight, and join you myself if I'm feeling well, other than that I leave this in your very capable hands."

A chill crawls down Kazumi's spine as the young woman speaks. She has not yet come into her power. If she truly is the herald of a goddess, even Kazumi's strongest magic may not be enough to hold her. She can only hope the effect of the geas spell holds for even a short time. It is distinctly possible that this slip of a girl could speak a single word and kill them all. 

Fear, an unfamiliar emotion, rises briefly within Kazumi. She looks at the golem holding the girl in place, considers her magic keeping the girl from harming any of them, and shakes her head.

"You are correct," Kazumi said. "It seems you do not yet know how to use your powers." 

Kazumi casts whisper and directs a message to Lord Blackwood. "Perhaps you could join me with our captive for a moment to discuss her... neutralization."

(Allright, I will try my best here. Stepping in without knowledge to avoid metagaming).

I probably stand out quite a bit, due to my rather primitive clothing which adorns a short rat-like form. Fetishes, bones and other small natur-like trinkets are placed various places as well. Jingling and jangling would warn most people about my presence as I slowly walk down the same road. A group of people seems to standing by a carriage. Never before have I seen such an odd contraption and beings who look like them standing there and seeming to talk to each other.

My curiousity is rising as this is all so far removed from the normal life in the swamp. Surely, this is worth investigating. So without the knowledge of proper common etiquete I simply walk closer and speak out to the group, wondering which of these might be the elder or chieftain.

"Greetings", I start to say, but I repeat it in all 6 languages that I know of, ending with common.

*There was something about the Lady Gold, some knowledge his brain had but his thoughts wouldn't crystalize. He decided to search for the elf whose name he couldn't remember he was about to leave when he heard a voice speak in several languages*

*He heard Dwarven, and expected to find a dwarf, he looked in the direction and heard Draconic his favourite language, after the language of Magic. The rat creature wasn't what he was expecting and if he wasn't in the middle of something he might have enjoyed talking  to the creature whatever it was instead he just said in perfect Draconic*

"Excuse me"

*The rat woman would see a flying large earth elemental fly away from her. He was about to go and look for the elven woman, when the dulcet tones of Lady Kazumi's voice and now he had to make a choice*

*He decided to return to Lady Kazumi and conveyed to her what he had learned*

"Have you cast detect magic on her? Should I do the honours?"

*Darius was still under the Earth Elemental spell and it felt strange to him to be around such a beautiful woman looking like this*

• Haha 1

Since there was a response as I use one of the ancient languages, I then assume that is the normal tongue spoken in the "wild" world, having no clue that I indeed would be considered the wild one in this gathering.
Soon enough I catch up with the gathering around the wagon and you all find me studying the cart with great eagerness and curiousity, before turning to the man who speoke the dragon tongue. I then proceed to reply, having no idea about the exchange that is going on at the present moment.
"My name is Kishna. I have come to learn of the wild world. Are you the chief of this group? I would like to know of your weirdly shaped hut here. It looks rather unfit for living", I say with glee in my voice towards the lady the man was talking to, already happy to see that my trek here has born fruit.

Edited by JennyDK

As the extremely dangerous woman was trapped, Princess Nepthtys came forth, do deal with this prisoner, when the rat-thingy appeared.

The silent guard made an wall between her and the new rat-fiend, but the elf spoke to the golem. "Please, crush her windpipe please. I will heal her and make sure she will tell us everything we need to know afterwards." 

She was ready to counter what ever magics the new rat-fiend might pose.

• Like 1

Kerzin wide smile does give away his knowledge of the dancing done by the priestess as night. “It is a sight to behold, their grace is otherworldly at times compared to my own kind. They are also amazing in other ways as well... very flexible.. very delicious..“ A slight glint in his eyes as he looks more relaxed from the memories. He really doesn’t feel threatened by the sly drow.

Hearing about Drizzt has his ears twitch some as he perks up. It is hard not to hear about the legend that he is. Most of the realm has heard reports of his deeds. “You are a friend of Drizzt?“ a hopeful look comes to his eyes. “Think you can introduce me to him one day?“ a visible excitement has him shifting slightly before regaining his composure. “I am aware that not all drow are evil.. The followers of The Dark Maiden has enlightened me about some of the histories of your kind. As far as Lady Gold’s plans for Charon’s Claw I am honestly not sure who Lady Gold is as I just joined this group a few minutes ago.“ 

"Oh!" Said the genuinely surprised Drow. "My apologies Panda, you simply have such a presence, and your companions seem so deferential to you, that I assumed you were the leader of this merry little band!"

"That would be me." Malus interrupts as he steps forward. "I'll tell you what, hand over the Claw now and we will wait till later to eat your souls."

Jarlaxle sighs. "And what happened to the real adventurers Lady Gold sent?"

"We ate their souls!" Derrick the half orc declares happily with a stupid grin on his face.

Jarlaxle sighs again. "But of course you did. Panda! How about you step on over to our side? I think you will find far finer companionship in our company then with your current crowd, and of course I will make a point to introduce you and Drizzt the next time our paths cross!"

Kerzin blinks at his ‘companions’, caught off guard but his body knows what to do and his hands move at a blur as he draws his blades from the ground. His left blade comes around, not in an attack, but to touch Malus with the holy katana. Watching the holy light flare to life in contact with an evil creature is all he needs to know about him. Stepping away while turning in a fluid motion from the creature, both katana’s come up. Left leg slides forward as his right one bends slightly to give him freedom to spring off it. Both blades are pointed at ‘Malus’ one at chest stomach level while the other even with his throat. “What are you? What happened to the original adventurers?”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MIroque said:

As the extremely dangerous woman was trapped, Princess Nepthtys came forth, do deal with this prisoner, when the rat-thingy appeared.

The silent guard made an wall between her and the new rat-fiend, but the elf spoke to the golem. "Please, crush her windpipe please. I will heal her and make sure she will tell us everything we need to know afterwards." 

She was ready to counter what ever magics the new rat-fiend might pose.

Of course, given zero context I have no idea what is happening or what sort of situation this even is. This does not really seem to scare me as any danger seems oblivious to me. Then I hear this woman speak in common (I assume), which is rather different from the language of the man from a moment ago. This puzzles me greatly and I disband the idea of asking who the chieftain is for the moment as this new bewilderment takes priority. There is just so much to learn, discover and write down.

So I bring out a small notebook where I write some stuff in while making small humming noises.

"Why do you speak in different tongues? That seems rather confusing for your tribe or whatever you seem to constitute. Can you tell me how you can communicate despite this?", I ask this woman as I make ready to scribble down more notes of my observations.

Calimshan Desert

Malus curses. "Well this Panda was useless, but at least you pleasured him." The 'Elf' snapped at his blond female companion.

She gives Kerzin a genuinely thankful smile and wiggles her eyebrows at him.

Sarin releases whatever spell grants him his human form and in an instant this towers before the group:

spacer.png

Princess Nepthtys, on horseback, behind an wall of knights on horseback decides not to talk to the rat-fiend, unless it starts to pose an threat, but continues to talk to Adam in common.

"Golem, please, crush the captives windpipe, please, and we can start interrogating her. Her magic is quite potent, not against you of course, but against the lesser protected ones." She looks toward the floating wizard. "Would you take care of the rat-person? You seem to have guile of the glib with you.. " 

Nepthtys did not trust any charms at all, as so many creatures were immune to such feeble effects. Her school of magic was... bit more permanent, and no-one, no person atleast, were immune to its grasps.

The army unit reached Princess and her knightly retinue, and formed two lines, if there was something amiss. Late as usually.

Even though there is a veiled threat hidden in those words, I either seem to not care or, more likely, to even understand such a thing being made towards. However, the rudeness of the lack of response and namecalling does cause me to frown.
"Rat person? I will have you know I have a name and I find your lack of reply rather uncivilized and rude...wait a minute while I write this down...", I say, my attention momentarily shifting towards my journal once more, while the whole drama unfolds in front of me, with my focus solely on the interaction with the wild beings."Hmmmmm....I guess I might as well introduce myself...perhaps that will make you a bit more welcome. I was simply not aware of your tribe does that sort of thing...my name is Nishka Fleetfoot. What may I call you?", I ask, getting ready to write down even more it seems.

“Hey.. at least one of us could.” Kerzin gives the woman a wink. She was a rather nice lay after all, handled him pretty well but she isn’t a human after all so that explains why she was able to handle him. 

Activing his kimono’s powers he targets Sarin with its effects to pull him into it. Kerzin isn’t sure how long it will hold him but will take him out of the fight for a few. 

Spoiler

Once per day, the wearer can capture a single creature within 60 feet within the kimono (no save), shunting the victim into an extradimensional space similar to that created by a maze spell. Inside this otherworldly prison, the maze appears as an endless cherry orchard filled with “walls” of windblown cherry blossoms and cranes flying overhead. Each round on its turn, the victim inside the kimono may attempt a DC 20 Intelligence check to escape the kimono as a full-round action. If the victim doesn’t escape, it is released after 10 minutes, returning to where it had been before the kimono drew it in. If this location is occupied by another creature or a solid object, the subject appears in the nearest open space.

Spoiler

Initiative 1d20 (8) + 5. 13 Total

Edited by Kerzin Kalamond
  • Love 1

*Darius looks at the elf women, she carrier herself with arrogance and confidence, she seemed certain killing her was a good idea*

"It seems to me she wants us to kill her, her attack was inept at best and yet she claims to have vast power given to her by Shar. Doesn't that make you suspicious? But you are right, we have to do something. Can you detect a curse or contingency spell in her?"

*He is speaking loud enough that Nishka should hear him, he is speaking in common which hopefully should clear the misunderstanding*

"If you are certain its safe to kill her I'll do so myself. She threatened to kill me after all."