Academy library.

• Community Administrator

Drake couldn’t help but to smile a little at Lilac’s attempt to figure out what a party was. He had to suppress a chuckle when she stopped, and danced a little, looking like a bush swaying in the wind. He stepped himself, and watched with a smile, as he found the little dance adorable. He finally pulled his eyes away from her as he looked over at Julia as she explained what a party was. At her offer, Drake nodded to show he agreed to the offer before he said, “She’s taking me down town to a…. Bar? Apparently it will be fun and have some… drinking involved. I’ve never drunk alcohol before, but I’m going to try it. It’s something humans do and I’m trying to learn all about them. It’s why I’m here.”

Lilac stopped dancing and let her hair fall down around her as she looked up at Julia, listening to her explanation. Her eyes drifted over to Drake as he nodded. "Al-coooo-hall," She tried to repeat after him. "I like the dancing... Maybe I should learn more about humans too..." She thought for a moment before turning back to Julia. "I would like to try the al-cooo-hall too. And it couldn't hurt to observe some humans since they do such weird stuff all the time." Lilac nodded at the two of them, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Neptune said:

Drake couldn’t help but to smile a little at Lilac’s attempt to figure out what a party was. He had to suppress a chuckle when she stopped, and danced a little, looking like a bush swaying in the wind. He stepped himself, and watched with a smile, as he found the little dance adorable. He finally pulled his eyes away from her as he looked over at Julia as she explained what a party was. At her offer, Drake nodded to show he agreed to the offer before he said, “She’s taking me down town to a…. Bar? Apparently it will be fun and have some… drinking involved. I’ve never drunk alcohol before, but I’m going to try it. It’s something humans do and I’m trying to learn all about them. It’s why I’m here.”

Julia nods at the word 'bar' to make Drake know he remembered correctly and smile softly.

14 hours ago, Chipda said:

Lilac stopped dancing and let her hair fall down around her as she looked up at Julia, listening to her explanation. Her eyes drifted over to Drake as he nodded. "Al-coooo-hall," She tried to repeat after him. "I like the dancing... Maybe I should learn more about humans too..." She thought for a moment before turning back to Julia. "I would like to try the al-cooo-hall too. And it couldn't hurt to observe some humans since they do such weird stuff all the time." Lilac nodded at the two of them, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

Julia even gave a light clap for the short dance and smile widely at Lilac. She may even try and ask for a dance when it seems fitting, which...she has only done alone by now."Ohhh, wow! Awesome! Fantastic...a few beers...not too much...and some dancing..maybe an afterparty in my dorm room...", she says and blushes a bit and her tail swoshing about more wildly. She already has an eagerness inside of her gunning for making this a night out seen to be had and she looks Lilac over with glee and anticipation.

• Like 1

Drake’s lips quirked a little as Lilac attempted to say the word ‘alcohol’, clearly finding it a little bit of a trip. And he certainly couldn’t disagree that humans were weird, but it was part of what fascinated him so about them. They were such strange, and wonderful creatures. He looked back at Julia who seemed even more excited than before, even offering to take Lilac back for an after party at her dorm. It took him a moment to click on what she meant and he couldn’t help but snicker a little. He looked back at Lilac, remaining quiet as he wanted to see what the Dryad would say.

"Beeeer," Lilac repeated pushing a finger into her cheek as she did so. Her hands returned to their place clasped behind her back as her head tilted at Julia's comment. "Afterparty? He never mentioned what that was... A gathering after a party? Why would one do that? Oh! Is it to discuss what we observe about the humans?" She clearly had no idea what an afterparty was, but she did her best to try and figure it out, looking between the two of them for confirmation. "I would like to learn more about this afterparty, I will go!" she nodded. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chipda said:

"Beeeer," Lilac repeated pushing a finger into her cheek as she did so. Her hands returned to their place clasped behind her back as her head tilted at Julia's comment. "Afterparty? He never mentioned what that was... A gathering after a party? Why would one do that? Oh! Is it to discuss what we observe about the humans?" She clearly had no idea what an afterparty was, but she did her best to try and figure it out, looking between the two of them for confirmation. "I would like to learn more about this afterparty, I will go!" she nodded. 

Julia is so giddy she almost jump in joy and cheeriness, especially from the afterparty agreeing from the dryad."Beer...yes...it is a light form of alchohol. You drink it...you feel weird, but in a fun way..you let loose more. Uhhhmmm...if..Drake doesn't mind...after it, I would love to show cool books I found here...like the humans even have novels about what they think monsters were like before we came here...crazy...right? So...i..if..iff y..you wouldn't mind...going back with me...afterwards...that could b...b..be re..really fun..y..you know?", she says, already imagining things in her mind and her tail wooshing around eratically, showing her mood perfectly.

• Like 1

When Lilac looked between them for confirmation, Drake shrugged to show he wasn’t sure. He had no idea what one would do at an afterparty although meeting to talk about humans and discussing their observations did sound like fun. However, in thise case, his only suspicion was that it was something that Julia had invited Lilac to because she really liked the Dryad girl and wanted some private time. So when Julia asked if he didn’t mind, he shook his head to show that no, he didn’t. He certainly couldn’t think of a good reason as to why he would mind. What others did wasn’t any of his business.

"Oh?" Lilac clapped a bit as she looked at Julia, not seeming to notice her stuttering or perhaps she was so used to herself stuttering and stumbling over her words that she didn't mind when others did it. "I would love to see these books! How peculiar humans are." Swaying a bit she looked up at them when something caught her eye, the words Herbal Magic were placed on the side of one of the book shelves. "Oh oh oh," Lilac pointed at the shelves as she started to run over, tripping over herself. Gathering up her hair, she held it above her feet so she wouldn't step on it as she ran over to the section. A scatterbrain as always, Lilac seemed to switch gears in an instant going from talking to the two of them to peering over the shelves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neptune said:

When Lilac looked between them for confirmation, Drake shrugged to show he wasn’t sure. He had no idea what one would do at an afterparty although meeting to talk about humans and discussing their observations did sound like fun. However, in thise case, his only suspicion was that it was something that Julia had invited Lilac to because she really liked the Dryad girl and wanted some private time. So when Julia asked if he didn’t mind, he shook his head to show that no, he didn’t. He certainly couldn’t think of a good reason as to why he would mind. What others did wasn’t any of his business.

Julia gives him a gentle and thankful nod along with a soft smile.

6 hours ago, Chipda said:

"Oh?" Lilac clapped a bit as she looked at Julia, not seeming to notice her stuttering or perhaps she was so used to herself stuttering and stumbling over her words that she didn't mind when others did it. "I would love to see these books! How peculiar humans are." Swaying a bit she looked up at them when something caught her eye, the words Herbal Magic were placed on the side of one of the book shelves. "Oh oh oh," Lilac pointed at the shelves as she started to run over, tripping over herself. Gathering up her hair, she held it above her feet so she wouldn't step on it as she ran over to the section. A scatterbrain as always, Lilac seemed to switch gears in an instant going from talking to the two of them to peering over the shelves.

Julia notices the dryad having her attention caught by something new and how the book she aimed to borrow being right there! She tries to dwell on how her focus was stolen and indeed simply fly upwards to grab the book and down once more, placing it into the hands of Liliac."There you go...all yours", she says and smiles wider.

• Like 1

At Julia’s nod and soft smile, Drake smiled back before he looked back over at Lilac who sounded very enthusiastic about spending time afterwards talking to Julia about the humans. He shook his head a little, still smiling before he looked up as Lilac suddenly seemed to switch and rush off as she seemed to spot the section she was after causing her to run off. He blinked a little at the sudden change before he slowly followed the two over to the books and curiously peered at the books that filled the section, “There are a couple more that were on your list here, too.” Drake said, pointing them out to Lilac. He then pulled a book down from the shelf that appeared to be a compendium of magical herbs found in the monster realm. He opened it up at a random page and peered at the information regarding the roots of a tree that grew in an obscure corner of the glowing forest, rarely seen by even the denizens of the forest. He flicked the page to see information about a plant that was common throughout the realm that had a wide variety of uses. He wondered if the Academy had its own magical botany section, or even its own forested area. He couldn’t remember seeing any, and he would ask Julia however he was more interested in reading the book he had.

• Like 1

"Thanks Julia," Lilac smiled as she took the book and began to look through the pages before Drake walked over. "Oh!" she nodded as Drake started to hand her the other books on her list. "I thought this one could help me with the mushrooms that are growing in my room," taking a book called Mushroom Magics: The Dark and Damp from Drake she stacked the books in her arms. When he took a book off the shelf to look at it, she peered over his shoulder to see what he was looking at. "Oh! I know that one!" Lilac said excitedly as a plant began to sprout at her feet. Reaching down, she plucked it and held it out to him. It was a sprout of the root that he had been looking at.

Edited by Chipda
  • Like 1

(@Chipda: Drake only pointed out the books to Lilac, not gave them to her ^^;)

Drake jerked a little in surprise when he was pulled from his focused reading when he saw a root suddenly thrust in his face. He blinked a couple of times before reaching out and taking the root from her, “Oh! Thanks.” He said in surprise. He turned it around in his fingers as he looked at it before sniffing at it. He glanced at Lilac, surprised that she even knew what this root even was. It answered his question as to where she must live, as the Guardian’s didn’t let anyone but a select few even close to the trees. They certainly wouldn’t allow outsiders to the forests see them due to their rarity and value. 

He turned his head to Julia, noticing how quiet she had become. It was strange to see her so quiet after how excitable and chatty she had been ever since she first approached him. Feeling a little uncomfortable with it and wanting to draw her back into the conversation, he hesitated a moment before he held out the root to Julia so she could take it if she wanted, “This is the root of a Fyacia tree. They only grow in the Glowing Forest. The roots are used in a few powerful potions, but they’re hard to get to and they’re protected by my people.” He looked over at Lilac and asked, wanting to confirm, “You live in the Glowing Forest?”

Edited by Neptune
Forgot to include OOC note.

(Ah my bad, she just collected them as he pointed them out then)

Lilac watched as Drake drew Julia back into the conversation. "Oh yes," she nodded as she bounced on the balls of her feet. "I live near the BIG BIG glowing willow tree. He's my dad, but he doesn't move around in his dryad form anymore." Glancing up at the two of them, she was referring to a large willow in almost the center of the forest that's leaves glowed a bright blue color. That was one way that you could tell if a dryad was from that forest, they could produce glowing leaves. However, it was quite tricky and took a bit of concentration, so most didn't do it all the time unless they took root like her father had.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neptune said:

(@Chipda: Drake only pointed out the books to Lilac, not gave them to her ^^;)

Drake jerked a little in surprise when he was pulled from his focused reading when he saw a root suddenly thrust in his face. He blinked a couple of times before reaching out and taking the root from her, “Oh! Thanks.” He said in surprise. He turned it around in his fingers as he looked at it before sniffing at it. He glanced at Lilac, surprised that she even knew what this root even was. It answered his question as to where she must live, as the Guardian’s didn’t let anyone but a select few even close to the trees. They certainly wouldn’t allow outsiders to the forests see them due to their rarity and value. 

He turned his head to Julia, noticing how quiet she had become. It was strange to see her so quiet after how excitable and chatty she had been ever since she first approached him. Feeling a little uncomfortable with it and wanting to draw her back into the conversation, he hesitated a moment before he held out the root to Julia so she could take it if she wanted, “This is the root of a Fyacia tree. They only grow in the Glowing Forest. The roots are used in a few powerful potions, but they’re hard to get to and they’re protected by my people.” He looked over at Lilac and asked, wanting to confirm, “You live in the Glowing Forest?”

Julia seems to perk up a little bit from the gesture from Drake who is handing her an odd looking root. Certainly very different from the kinds she has seen on the few trees from her own homestead. She studies it a bit while being told a few things about it."Ohhh, what can you make with them? So can you grow these Lilac @Chipda?", her asking a question for both of them.

• Like 1

(It’s fine!)

Drake thought about Lilac’s answer for a few moments before it clicked, “Oh, yes, I know that tree. I’ve been near it, although I’ve never seen you before. Must have missed you.” Drake said, giving Lilac a slight smile before he looked back at Julia when she asked about the root, “There are a few things you can make with it. A special potion of Remembrance, to return lost memories, an Elixir of Life that can return life to someone that has lost it if it within a single moon cycle of their death, and another is a Forget Me potion which temporarily erases the memory of you from the minds of others. The more permanent version is a lot more difficult to get and brew. But you couldn’t use this particular root for it. For the more powerful potions, you would need to harvest the roots from the trees at a particular time, and in a particular manner. Otherwise the magic is lost and it will be a normal root like this which can be used for a few standard potions like an invisibility potion.”

• Like 1

Lilac nodded at Julia with a smile. "As long as I have been around a plant long enough to bond with it I can grow it. It's a little harder to grow it in the ground without a seed though," She folded her hands behind her back as she looked back at Drake. Her face scrunched up a bit as she thought. After a moment of her being silent, but not really seeming to listen she blurted out, "DRAGON! You're a dragon right?" She began to bounce again as she clasped her hands in front of her. "I've seen you.... but I was always really shy so I turned into a shrub whenever someone came by..." She turned to Julia and grabbed of her hand as she reached over and grabbed Drake's hand. "You two are very nice. I will be your friend." A vine creeped out of the top of her hands and slowly slithered around their wrists. The one around Julia's wrist twisted into a knot and a small white flower sprouted out of it before snapping off of Lilac's hand. The one around Drake's wrist also tied itself, but his grew a bright red flower with spiked petals before it snapped off of her. Lilac smiled brightly as she let go of their hands.

• Like 2

Vyktor often spent time in the library, it was usually fairly quiet and he could study at his leisure. He had only recently started to study again after his accident, so he felt quite far behind academically compared to his fellow first years. Today however there where several students, and they seemed only vaguely interested in what the library had to offer. Not entirely comfortable with the more social types he decides to go from semi transparent ghost to full on invisible. Onlookers might notice a book slowly floating its way across the room before settling back onto its shelf. Vyktor then makes his way out of the large room, still invisible.

On 14/09/2020 at 20:31, Neptune said:

Drake thought about Lilac’s answer for a few moments before it clicked, “Oh, yes, I know that tree. I’ve been near it, although I’ve never seen you before. Must have missed you.” Drake said, giving Lilac a slight smile before he looked back at Julia when she asked about the root, “There are a few things you can make with it. A special potion of Remembrance, to return lost memories, an Elixir of Life that can return life to someone that has lost it if it within a single moon cycle of their death, and another is a Forget Me potion which temporarily erases the memory of you from the minds of others. The more permanent version is a lot more difficult to get and brew. But you couldn’t use this particular root for it. For the more powerful potions, you would need to harvest the roots from the trees at a particular time, and in a particular manner. Otherwise the magic is lost and it will be a normal root like this which can be used for a few standard potions like an invisibility potion.”

"Sounds a bit too good to be true to just get revived like that. Isn't there any consequences or other bad stuff involved with it? I can't imagine it is just 'drink up' and you will be totally fine?", she asks curiously as it sounded a bit far fetched in her mind, at least as it was worded like that. Not hailing from such places, she really doesn't have a lot of input about that obviously, nor is she overly interested in forests and the like. However, her interest in Drake and, even more so, Lilac, does push her curiousity."Uhhmmm..maybe...sometime...we can go and look? I can show you my home...some other time", she suggests.

On 14/09/2020 at 20:45, Chipda said:

Lilac nodded at Julia with a smile. "As long as I have been around a plant long enough to bond with it I can grow it. It's a little harder to grow it in the ground without a seed though," She folded her hands behind her back as she looked back at Drake. Her face scrunched up a bit as she thought. After a moment of her being silent, but not really seeming to listen she blurted out, "DRAGON! You're a dragon right?" She began to bounce again as she clasped her hands in front of her. "I've seen you.... but I was always really shy so I turned into a shrub whenever someone came by..." She turned to Julia and grabbed of her hand as she reached over and grabbed Drake's hand. "You two are very nice. I will be your friend." A vine creeped out of the top of her hands and slowly slithered around their wrists. The one around Julia's wrist twisted into a knot and a small white flower sprouted out of it before snapping off of Lilac's hand. The one around Drake's wrist also tied itself, but his grew a bright red flower with spiked petals before it snapped off of her. Lilac smiled brightly as she let go of their hands.

She nods softly and smiles lightly as Lilac turns to speak to her, the light red flush in her cheeks returning. She gets slightly startled from the outburst, but nothing major, just a quick shock. Her face turning much redder once the gentle and soft hand of the dryad grabs her own."Ohhh..uhmm..y.y.es..y..y.you're welcome miss Lil..Lilac. And..t.t.hank you! I would love to be yo..your friend", she stutters once more. Despite being more than very used to close contact, this is still different to her. Her body trembles lightly and she watches in awe as she receives a pretty flower. Her tail now sways much more energetically.

• Like 1

When Julia asked her questions, Drake opened his mouth to answer her however he flinched in surprise when Lilac suddenly burst out, talking louder than he was expecting. Loud, sudden noises always surprised him and he almost slunk behind Julia to hide but resisted the instinct to hide. He opened his mouth, but nothing seemed to come out, so startled by her. He gulped a little, tensing when she grabbed onto her wrist but he then relaxed when all she did was tie a vine around his wrist with a red flower. He inspected the flower for a few moments before looking up and saying softly, “Thanks…” His cheeks were a little flushed and he felt a little flustered. He glanced at Julia, noticing her own nervous reaction although there was no doubt in his mind that it was due to a different reason. He looked back at Lilac and said softly, “I doubt you’ve seen me, personally. I’m a Lampent Guardian, and one of the youngest. I’ve only recently learned how to shift into this form. In the forest I tend to use my dragon form, which is pretty easy to blend into the darkness. You might have seen a Nightstalker, though. They’re reasonably common, and it’s often that people mistake the two species.” 

He then looked back at Julia and said, “To answer your earlier question… It does sound fantastical, doesn’t it? It’s not very clear cut. Even if someone is brought back to life, they might not always be… the same. Like a personality change, or memories missing. Often it’s not really a case of being able to do it… but whether or not you should... as cliché as that sounds.” He smiled a little before he then added, “And I would love to take you to see the forest. There’s all kinds of things we could show you and I can take you…” He glanced at Lilac for a moment, “... the both of you, to places that aren’t normally seen. Even by dryads like yourself, Lilac. I think you would like it. Just like I would like to see your home, Julia. What is it like?” He then asked, looking eager to learn more.

• Love 1

"Oh I'm sorry," Lilac said softly as she took a step back from Drake, looking down at the floor. "I'm not great at distinguishing species outside of plants... I hope I didn't offend you..." She took a step toward Julia, seeming to hide behind her just slightly as she watched him, mistaking his surprise for anger. Her bouncing had stopped as she held onto Julia's hand gently. When Drake looked over at her to add her in, Lilac smiled a bit, but didn't let go of Julia's hand. "Y-yeah. I can show you guys the dryad cove. Its a really good hot spring area with lots of good minerals and stuff. If we go with Julia to her home I could find all kinds of different plants to grow too. I want to grow all different kinds in my room."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neptune said:

He then looked back at Julia and said, “To answer your earlier question… It does sound fantastical, doesn’t it? It’s not very clear cut. Even if someone is brought back to life, they might not always be… the same. Like a personality change, or memories missing. Often it’s not really a case of being able to do it… but whether or not you should... as cliché as that sounds.” He smiled a little before he then added, “And I would love to take you to see the forest. There’s all kinds of things we could show you and I can take you…” He glanced at Lilac for a moment, “... the both of you, to places that aren’t normally seen. Even by dryads like yourself, Lilac. I think you would like it. Just like I would like to see your home, Julia. What is it like?” He then asked, looking eager to learn more.

"Then I would rather go without reviving then. I feel as if when my time comes, it was meant to be, you know?", she says without really having to think too much about it. She looks at her lovely flower and gently touch it and smiles softly to the dryad once more."I think we should go there once we have an open space in our schedules. Could make fun for a fun trip out. You don't have to carry me though", she comments and gives her own books an extra curious look.

1 hour ago, Chipda said:

"Oh I'm sorry," Lilac said softly as she took a step back from Drake, looking down at the floor. "I'm not great at distinguishing species outside of plants... I hope I didn't offend you..." She took a step toward Julia, seeming to hide behind her just slightly as she watched him, mistaking his surprise for anger. Her bouncing had stopped as she held onto Julia's hand gently. When Drake looked over at her to add her in, Lilac smiled a bit, but didn't let go of Julia's hand. "Y-yeah. I can show you guys the dryad cove. Its a really good hot spring area with lots of good minerals and stuff. If we go with Julia to her home I could find all kinds of different plants to grow too. I want to grow all different kinds in my room."

Julia can sense that both of them are very cautious and unsure of how they seem to be around strangers or maybe just other people in general. She squeezes Lilac's hand gently in her own, though it does cause her heart to race a bit faster. She feel a bit bad since the dryad is acting a bit scared."I would love to...miss Lilac...I mean, if you don't...well..being around me..and all", she says with a lightly shy shy face and tone.

• Like 1

At Lilac’s apology, Drake shook his head emphatically as he assured her, “You didn’t offend me, I promise. I’m not upset in the slightest.” He tried to give her a smile to help calm her. He closed the herb book that he had been reading, looking away from the two of them as he put the book back on the shelf, feeling bad that he had upset Lilac like that even though he wasn’t entirely sure how he had done so. He merely nodded his head when Lilac said about taking them to the Dryad cove. It was not somewhere he had been before, and was something that he wanted to see. He turned back around slightly when Julia mentioned about heading to her place and he smiled slightly when she joked that he wouldn’t have to carry her, “That would be fun.” He agreed before turning back to the bookshelf when the two seemed to have a more private moment. He pulled out a book on healing herbs and opened it up to begin reading through it, letting them talk amongst themselves. 

Lilac was relieved when Drake assured her that he wasn't upset her with. She let out a soft sigh as her smile returned. "Um... Julia... maybe since we're friends now you should stop calling me miss," Looking up at her face, she gave her a smile. "You can just call me Lilac. Some of the dryads back home called me Li. Maybe I can go by that with friend here.... I'm not sure how it works in this realm. Maybe I can use your nickname too. Do you have one?" She began to bounce again, forgetting that she was holding her hand. "Oh and you too Drake. Do you have one?"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neptune said:

At Lilac’s apology, Drake shook his head emphatically as he assured her, “You didn’t offend me, I promise. I’m not upset in the slightest.” He tried to give her a smile to help calm her. He closed the herb book that he had been reading, looking away from the two of them as he put the book back on the shelf, feeling bad that he had upset Lilac like that even though he wasn’t entirely sure how he had done so. He merely nodded his head when Lilac said about taking them to the Dryad cove. It was not somewhere he had been before, and was something that he wanted to see. He turned back around slightly when Julia mentioned about heading to her place and he smiled slightly when she joked that he wouldn’t have to carry her, “That would be fun.” He agreed before turning back to the bookshelf when the two seemed to have a more private moment. He pulled out a book on healing herbs and opened it up to begin reading through it, letting them talk amongst themselves. 

"Ohhh, I realized I didn't really tell you about my home place. Well, there is not much to tell really, unlike your pretty, green and magical forest. Where my clan hails from is mostly sand, rock and such. I think the human word for it is like savannah or something. Still, it might be interesting for you two, I hope", she says and turns towards Lilac after telling Drake this.

6 hours ago, Chipda said:

Lilac was relieved when Drake assured her that he wasn't upset her with. She let out a soft sigh as her smile returned. "Um... Julia... maybe since we're friends now you should stop calling me miss," Looking up at her face, she gave her a smile. "You can just call me Lilac. Some of the dryads back home called me Li. Maybe I can go by that with friend here.... I'm not sure how it works in this realm. Maybe I can use your nickname too. Do you have one?" She began to bounce again, forgetting that she was holding her hand. "Oh and you too Drake. Do you have one?"

Julia feels herself getting embarassed as she rather saw it as more polite and nice, but if she prefers just her name, she is not one to argue against it."Okay...sure...just Lilac works for me...I was only trying to...uhmm...n..never mind..no, I don't have a nickname. Would also l..love to see your do..dorm room sometime. If you want to show me...that is", she says and looks at the dryad with eagerness.

• Like 1