Discussion

It seems I have been derelict in my duty of awarding EcchiCredits to winners, but with a little help from @Novaer I was able to find out which challenges I've paid out for and which were still outstanding.

So today if you placed in Challenges 18, 21, or 22, expect to see EcchiCredit donations from me to settle up!

This will apply to @Starcry, @SataiRolePlayingGuy, @Gangsta Moll, @WritesNaughtyStories, @Goddess Aurora, @Cute_Bro, @YangYamanagi, and @Minorikawa.

• Woohoo 3

I know I am not very focused on this event but I wouldn't be. As someone told you before, you have to think about your own well-being and time and if you feel like you can't write with someone then I feel like it's okay. This event challenges us to write something different first and foremost. The reward is a bonus and writing with someone requires time from both partners. So I think everything's fine if you don't want to. 🙂

• ^ This 1

Same here. First of all, as most above me have already said, no one should be forced to anything, and you should do what you feel right with. On the personal side I mainly write these to test my own writing strength and see how I fare against those much better than I, no prize is required. Please, do whatever you have to make yourself feel comfortable

Thanks everyone, for the constructive and supportive feedback. 🙂

I've been denying that I'm heading into a depressive spiral for a while now, especially since my favorite holiday is coming up in about a week. But honestly, the idea was AMAZING when I thought of it and posted it, and now it just fills me with dread. I'm not a good RP partner, and I know I never will be, and thinking of even one person winning that prize and the expectations and pressure of trying to write anything for anyone other than me right now is just too much for my tiny mortal brain to handle.

I'll remove it from the posting so no one is looking forward to or dreading it.

• Sad 2

WINNERS HAVE BEEN POSTED FOR CHALLENGE 23!!

Congrats to @SataiRolePlayingGuy for another first place win, as well as to @Aura and @YangYamanagi for second place and @Cute_Bro for third!

The poll is up for Challenge 24, and the last Halloween quickie, Challenge 25, will be posted soon!

Vote for your favorites from Challenge 24!

48 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

I'm not a good RP partner

This is not wholly true. You are mercurial. When you feel like you're on, you are factually magnificent. If not the best of us, very nearly so. But, and this is supposition, I think it's really hard for you to be less than Hugo-worthy.

You owe us nothing, IsabellaRose. I'm confident I can speak for most of us when I say, "We love it when you share your writing and creativity with us, but completely understand when you don't."

• Love 1

2 hours ago, IsabellaRose said:

Thanks everyone, for the constructive and supportive feedback. 🙂

I've been denying that I'm heading into a depressive spiral for a while now, especially since my favorite holiday is coming up in about a week. But honestly, the idea was AMAZING when I thought of it and posted it, and now it just fills me with dread. I'm not a good RP partner, and I know I never will be, and thinking of even one person winning that prize and the expectations and pressure of trying to write anything for anyone other than me right now is just too much for my tiny mortal brain to handle.

I'll remove it from the posting so no one is looking forward to or dreading it.

I did enjoy the one we had years ago, short as it was.

Challenge 25 though.  Will have to see if I can come up with anything for that.  Even with the usual time frame, that one would not be easy for me.

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if that is possible, without changing the type of club (even that might not do it, but not sure).  Even if it was, I'm not sure that would get many more votes.  I doubt many people are looking at the polls and deciding not to vote because they would have to join.

On 27/10/2023 at 23:02, Nan-Yo said:

maybe it would be good if people that weren't members of the club could also vote in the challenges? Is this something that you could make possible, Isabella?

There are no restrictions on joining the club. If someone wants to vote it's only one more click to join than it is to vote. I don't think that's what's keeping the votes down.

3 hours ago, Nan-Yo said:

You'd be surprised at how lazy people.

Oh, I absolutely know how lazy people can be. I'm of the opinion that if you're too lazy to join the club, you're probably also too lazy to actually read the entries, in which case you're just voting for your favorite person instead of your favorite writing. I'm fine with anyone of that mindset not voting in our challenges. It's not about numbers, or even about winning, it's about stretching your creative skills and writing. I'd like to keep it from becoming a popularity contest.

• ^ This 1

We can do themed challenges. I'm less inclined to do another quick challenge series. I'll probably stick with 1 challenge every 2 weeks, maybe break the biweekly cycle to fit in a special themed challenge for a holiday or event.

If we had a huge group of participants I'd have a new challenge every week that would last for 2 weeks with a week for voting after the challenge. But that's me. I used to write on several sites and participated in at least 3 or 4 challenges every week. But I was also in my writing zone then and doing pretty well in the competitions, so I was getting a lot of positive reinforcement to keep me going. I don't think anyone here would ever participate that much, and we don't have enough people writing to go every week.

We could do a Thanksgiving themed writing challenge, but that's only a US holiday. We could do a story of colonists meeting indigenous peoples. I think I might do that now that I wrote it down. Either that or "what are you thankful for" through the eyes of your character.

I had a thought. What if I started a second writing series. Instead of an "anything goes" series of challenges, this one would focus on developing a character you intend to use for a long term roleplay, story, or series of roleplays... Someone you want to make seem real and delve into their psyche, really get to know them, perhaps even in situations in which you might not normally write them. Every week or two I'd post a new prompt, no deadlines, write to them if/whenever you want. It would just be prompts to help dig into your character, write scenes from their backstory, internal monologues, conversations with strangers on a bus, etc. Just things to help you see your character more fully perhaps out of the normal setting or story in which you write them. Ideas might include things like:

• Write a scene describing your character getting dressed. Where are they? Why did they choose these specific clothes? Are there any special items they're wearing?
  • Write what your character thinks they see when they see their reflection.
  • Write a scene about your character in costume. What are they wearing, and why? How do they feel about it?
  • Write your character’s bedtime ritual.
  • Does your character want kids now or in the future? Why or why not?
  • Write your character’s LinkedIn profile.
  • Come up with your character’s regular take-out order.
  • What is your character’s favorite season and why?

I dunno. Just an idea.

20 hours ago, IsabellaRose said:

We can do themed challenges. I'm less inclined to do another quick challenge series.

Maybe multi-part challenge could work? A Christmas challenge where everyone participating have to write a 12 chapter long story and post a chapter every second day.  Each chapter would be based on The 12 Days of Christmas.