Darion's eyes turned to follow her, a brow raised as she spoke. Curious if she couldn't tell, or if she truly was simply that cocky, "Two of us would kill most vampires true enough Rava." He stated, "In fact I've killed my fair share of vampires in their early hundreds on my own, however could you not smell her? She was far older than that. She reeked of dormant power." He stated simply as he followed her, "I've spent more time among their kind than I would have liked to, you learn to pick up on such nuances dwelling among them." He stated, looking over her form unabashed as she led him on. He too was free of the heat, though his instincts still drew him to the female. Something about covering her in his seed drawing on something primal within him.

"I don't know how things work down here, but her kind are evident enough in the city. Unless you have a plan, superior numbers, and by that I mean at least one lycan per hundred years their kind have walked this earth, then you run." He stated simply, "You bite your pride and survive to hunt another day. A predator is nothing if it's left for the crows by one of their kind." He stated huskily as he spoke, slowly reverting to his human form as it became clear she intended to walk. "Besides that fact, we now are armed with the knowledge that they have such a weapon, why risk the ability to report such a thing for sake of pride? I've never been a part of a pack, but I assume that it is just as a family would be. Family comes first." He stated simply, "Not all battles are won by fighting them. Some are won by knowing when to walk away." He stated, his eyes growing distant as he thought on the conflict that drove him from the city, "A lesson I learned the hard way." He stated, some warning in his tone.

" well normally I would think a strong vampire would use their magic instead of a horny bomb." she said as they continued to walk along the path that led to the mansion. Soon the house came into view and she would walk up to the porch of the mansion, she opened the door and would walk inside leaving the door open for Darion as well so he would be able to enter into the mansion as well. As Rava entered she had hoped nobody would notice her current condition at the moments.  " This is the mansion make yourself  home." she said looking back at the male as she entered the headed in. (Moving to the mansion)

After leaving the mansion it had been a good several minutes walk through the right pathways. Anger, exhaustion, defeat are what described the Alpha of the Midnight Pack right now, and foolishly he walked the same path of one of the scouts that had gone missing. With a heavy trench coat for the cool night and a wide brim open crown hat, Austin was going to investigate what exactly had happened in the area that Rava and the wolf he never asked the name for. 

Anger, exhaustion, defeat, were replaced with vigilance and... Well, anger. The fact that the vampires were now attacking didn't surprise him, they must have known of the packs dwindling numbers. These thoughts dus not cloud the Alpha's mind but instead helped him focus on his goal. Then suddenly he stopped, what was a blur of his sheer speed slower to an immediate stop, followed by several running steps to ensure he wasn't going to fall. There was a scent, blood, but of what? He knelt down and felt the ground, he closed his eyes and honed his sense of smell until he realized what it was. Wolves blood. 

Austin stood and started to follow the tracks, he could see through the dark woods thanks to his enhanced sight, though he could smell Rava and the Omega there was another not far from the oath they took. After minutes he finally came to a decline, a downhill slope entering a massive river, then a noise alerted him. Aside from the roaring waters he could hear rustling, not of something lively but slow moving. And whining. Carefully Austin made his to the area where he found an opening to a mud den, most likely some animal had made it, but there was slight whining that continued from it. Getting to one knee, he poked his head to it's entrance to see a bloodied and wounded wolf, however the scent of this one was of the pack. 

With a growl, she started to brandish her teeth, but Austin put a hand up defensively before calling it up. Slowly, he crept his fist into the opening of the wolf who snapped twice at the limb. Austin said quietly, "Sshhh, I am not here to hurt you, warrior." 

The growling slowed and he could hear the sniffing of the young wolf. All defenses stopped, and the wolf whined as she recognized the Alpha's voice and his own scent. While this would be an opportune time to sneak up on the Alpha of the Midnight Pack, any novice would take it. However anyone who knew Auvunux also knew how foolish a decision that was, he was fast with reflexes, he could easily pick up any scent no matter how camouflaged it was, and his hearing was a bane to even the quietest of heartbeats. The tenderness he shown this warrior was necessary and by choice completely, the Alpha starts to carefully work the injured female from the mud den, shimmying and working her from the right space. He was here now, and there was nothing that could hurt her. 

A bat would fly down from the trees and swoop behind a tree and Miana appesred on the other side, like some illusion. As she became present the werewolves would be able to feel a powerful aura eminate from her, this was due to their ability to sense stuff normal humans couldnt. She could see that the Alpha was tending to an injured wolf. Which was weird cause none of her servants mentioned any clashings in their report. And she doubt Alicia would attack unless defending herself since the you scientist was more concerned with dicking around with experiments than with the politics of who owned what.

Miana still had her barrier magic erected just in case. The barrier was barely visible. There was more than one occasion where she gotten lunged at out of nowhere. However she also readied up a healing spell.

"I can help heal their wounds if you would like." Miana spoke out loud announcing her prescence to the alpha wolf.

Before the vampire could announce her presence, Austin already felt it shimmer through the wind. Like a cold wave of water meeting his skin, his hairs raised upon such feeling. He glanced at the wounded scout once and after a nod in affirmation he set her down just at the entrance of the makeshift den. Austin then rose to full height, his anger swelled but was unmoving, his fearlessness unwavering, he knew that presence. Miana. 

The Alpha turned to the Queen, two opposites of life, one living and one dead, natural and unnatural, day and night. Austin's time was low but he was careful with his words, he had a wounded wolf behind him and the Alpha couldn't risk a potential fight, nor her safety. What would the old man do, Austin thought you himself. And perhaps the undead wench's offer to heal the wolf was genuine, but he had dealt with their kind before, and while his ill will was beyond reasoning he wasn't without a bit of wisdom. His own presence could be felt, compared to the woman's cold aura, his was like a raging flame; chaotic, violent, and never ending. 

With a slow and silent exhale the Alpha figured it was time to address the situation at hand, and confront the woman of his disappearing warriors. His aura was one of a cautionary temper, one wrong thing said and he would explode. The previous Alpha was a force of reckoning but not in the way Austin was, he was smart, cunning, always treated everything including the vampires like some big game. Numerous times he's toyed with them in battles, and he was undefeated even against the most powerful. Austin was a hot headed beast, more physical than any other Alpha... But he needed to start treating this like the Old Man did way back when. 

"Miana Blackthorne," Auvunux starts, looking up from his hat at the woman uphill before him, "There seems to be a situation which I am certain you are aware of. I have three scouts, warriors, missing in the past week, particularly in this area and toward the edge of the border. I want them back, or in the least, affirm as to what happened to them. Either that, or you can walk away now."

"Sadly I can do neither. This is the first that I am hearing of your plight, All I can say is none from my Coven have had any altercations with your warriors. I have one that likes running experiments occasionally but I assure you she did not attack your warriors. Perhaps the Humans have caught wind of your kind and begun hunting you? That is my only explaination as I am not privy to what goes on in your house. And I assure you I am not lying. Although I dislike your kind squatting on my land without permission, I have no reason to take your warriors. It would serve me no purpose to trap them."  Miana said with a posh tone to her voice which hinted at her original upbringing as the daughter of a lord.

" I originally came here to make an offer. I know your mating season is coming soon. A time of weakness for your clan. I propose that if you pull back the borders of the territory you are trying to take. And if you do that and don't try to expand them further I will make sure that none in my coven bother your clan during that time period. Not even for harmless experiments."

• Love 1

When Auvunux listened a variety of scenarios and responses played in his head. Insults he wouldn't utter under normal circumstances. This wasn't a normal circumstance at all, it was a dire situation, one of which he wasn't too pleased of. Normally he would snarl and gnash teeth, a true brute that was decently intelligent, but right now he needed to think of a way out of this situation so that the pack could still fight another day without a major loss. But the woman's assumption that mating season was a weakness was born accurate... And inaccurate. 

What would the Old Man do? 

Auvunux gave a hearty laugh, the first time that Miana would have seen in their years that they've known each other, this was very uncharacteristic of the Alpha. His laughter seemed to grow harder, a pointed jab at the vampire, until he forced himself to calm down. Even if she were to go on the offensive now, he relaxed his shoulders, another thing that was out of the Alpha's character. After calming himself, he looked to the woman with a coy smile, "Ahhh... You are a funny one, woman. You say it is your land, many ages ago it was but that time is long passed. You had every opportunity, even during our mating seasons, to take it, even when we were weaker than now, you never opted to try your hand. You and I both know that attacking during the season is the worst mistake, but, for shits and giggles, I'll still explain it to you." 

Right now Auvunux acted much like the old pack leader, a bane to the vampires efforts and of true wits and cunning. When he found something stupid and insignificant, he laughed and pointed it out, and had been known to called his adversaries fucking idiots. The current Alpha continued, "Attacking the pack during mating season would send us into a fury, a focused anger, and right now, the pack being so passive as it has been is what you need. This wouldn't be the first time, and I believe that the last time it happened it almost wiped you spade tongues away, but that was ages ago and I digress." 

The Alpha shrugged nonchalantly, "It would benefit us both then, however, I will only agree to these terms if the dark woods remained neutral, and not claimed at all. We can move back to our side of the forest, however, the dark woods will remain neutral and no one will trespass from either side. That, or we can settle these things now, see who rips each other apart first. But you enjoy your longevity, do you not? It'd be a shame if it came to an abrupt stop." 

Right now all cards were on the table. Auvunux gave his counter, even a very good reason as to why attacking the pack would be a terrible mistake during the season. And all if it true, but his character right now was a disturbing one, almost as of not caring what was bound to happen. Deep down, he was counting on Miana taking the deal, it would benefit everyone that way and not just lopsided in the undead's favour. And both leaders knew that they had those in either faction that would not like the deal, but either way, this seemed to be the only thing they could strike. He would lose territory, but only if the woman did so as well. 

• Love 1

She scoffed at his words. This one was over confident, too confident for his own good. He was projecting what she precieved to be false strength. Perhaps he is hoping to decieve her. Or maybe he has decieved himself into thinking he was stronger than what he really was. However such words would not fool her as she has been around much longer than he had. She knew more than what he was likely ever told by the old man that came before him. Typical Lycan behavior.

" Trust me you would not be able to bring me down not here. And do not mistaken my passivism and mercy for weakness. You are right, I could have dealt with the lot of you when your kind showed up 400 years ago and began slaying my thralls and the humans of the region without rhyme or reason. Though I eventually put that Alpha in his place. After that most of the Alphas including your predecessor knew enough to not  unneccessarily piss me off. Something that I highly recommend you learn as well.

Sure I could have wiped you out in the past. But I particularly dislike resorting to violence. Something you should be grateful for. Anyways It woul be wise for you to accept just in case I change my mind about my policies. But if not I would lile to advise you to be cautious of new comers. A thrall i recently made a contract with had  come from  nearby and his family may had been slain by a werewolf. Who knows if this aggressor may come into this region."

• Like 1

"Then it is a stray, none of mine have done that, they aren't that stupid," Auvunux replies, while keeping that same, false calm demeanor, it was clear he didn't take the warning seriously however his tone got low for just a moment, "I need not some history lesson, they're dead, and I am here. They all are. My end of the bargain stands that we will cease control of this region so long as it remains neutral territory, and keep to our inner sanctums and our part of the woods. That is the only way I will agree to this." 

Now it seemed Auvunux was beginning to grow a tad serious but not for his own or the vampires sake. He was no gung-ho pup, and though his careless display showcased a writhing frustration from Miana, if she could feel it herself the Alpha was not concerned about her at all, dangerous or no. Unlike his predecessors, he held no fear no matter how grave the situation was, he always met it head on. He has no reason to believe that this "aggressor" existed, save for his wounded scout and wherever the others might be. Dead most likely. 

At this point the man was stubborn as a rock, unmoving and even when thrown shown no emotion of it. He picked up the small warrior who yelped out of pain, stuck in her wolf form due to the severe injuries. Austin begun to move uphill and past the vampire, but not quite leaving, not yet. He then says, "If this area remains neutral, we have no reason to reclaim it," His words were heavy, suggesting that maybe in the future they wouldn't gun for the position and the area falls back into the vampires control at long last, "Keep your word, and I keep mine."

• Love 1

She let out a sigh, mostly of annoyance for the Alpha's stubborness. However she can be just as stubborn as well. She cast the healing spell and heals the scouts wounds from where she stands. "I am sorry but that deal I can not accept. After all if something valueable was taken from you, would you not want it back? And would you not want the whole thing back and not just part of it. I hope you understand. This would not have been an issue had the ones of the past even had the consideration to ask before taking it. Who knows I could have let them in willingly. But anyways I see this attempt at negotiations is not going anywhere. So I shall take my leave. Oh and don't worry about Alicia. She doesnt care much for politics. But she loves experimenting with random gadgets. I assure you she means no real harm to you. As for your missing warriors. I hope you resolve your mystery and find them. " Miana said, she didnt offer any explaination as to why she healed his warrior. She hopes it will encourage him to try to negotiate more in the future. But for now it would not be best for her to stay in this area. She transformed into a bat and quickly flew away toward her castle.

Edited by Kitsuyumia
  • Like 1

Austin grunted when the spade tongues' magic washed over the scout, and while she was healed it was only to an extent that deep and lethal wounds were healed. Carefully Austin set the warrior down who remained in wolf form but continued to listen to the woman. He should have taken it, but this was a big step for the Alpha instead of trying to rip another vampire apart. Still, his intentions were to divert all efforts to the inner territories, maybe even expand behind the mansion more and well away from the vampires. If he did this he had the feeling that the woman would hold her word despite words failing. 

"Come," Austin says to the wolf, processing everything that has happened thus far, "Let us go home." 

Spoiler

large.ecbe8c6ac39dc6e1ed3af7974ef4b6ad.jpg.d30f26c6acb6a820671df1b079006ad9.jpg

After all of them left a man steps from the shadows nearby. Blood covering his face around his mouth and dripping down his neck and onto his chest, and his hands were all bloodied as well. He had some scratches on him but he didn't care as they would heal. It seems he managed to hide his prescence after all. He brings his bloodied hand to his mouth and he licks the blood off of his fingers. "How intriguing, the boss is going to love this," he says to himself. He smiles as he turns and he begins walking the opposite way that the two wolves and the Vampiric Mistress had went. "We are going to be rich!" he said Lastly before leaving the area.

• Like 1

As the faint scent of distant rut drifted by, the gray-muzzled wolf turned an ear. He listened without moving trying, with far too simple tools, to suss out the meaning of the conflicting information. Waiting wasn't actually Bleeds for the Pack's strongest skill, and he raised himself silently to his feet and slipped through the underbrush with surprising grace.

He hadn't taken a dozen steps before the scent of blood and the noise of a running wolf froze his feet mid-step. He lowered his head, but turned his ears to the noise as he inhaled slowly. 'Too much traffic today' he thought silently. Then death and something else - man? colored the taste of the air in his nose and Bleeds' jaws clenched.

He folded himself into the loam silently and waited.

There would be blood soon enough. The scar over his eye ached it's old warning of coming violence. He heard the distant voices but could not make out the words. As the voices faded and the sounds of bodies moving away from each other he heard another voice. The scent remained.

With a low, soft growl Bleeds raised himself off the forest earth and trotted quietly toward the sound. He could smell it: wolf blood and the scent of something else. He hurried, certain he had his quarry, but the forest fell silent and the scent disappeared.

It wasn't possible.

Bleeds made a wide circle, nose in the air and ears pricked forward but could find nothing.

This was bad... He wasn't the greatest tracker but he shouldn't have lost this. A failure like this would be just the kind of thing to get an old warrior sent to the Omegas to age out his years, whelping pups to replace him.

Time ate all things - Bleeds included, He sighed and turned toward the manse. The jaws of time on his throat bothered him less than going to the house.

Wary of the unusually busy forest, Bleeds for the Pack turned toward the hated walls and rules, hoping for a fight to delay him. Maybe the leech was still out here...

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up