• Community Administrator

Andromeda One Station

large.Andromeda-Opening-Image.jpg
(NASA Ames/SETI Institute/JPL-Caltech)

In a neutral zone on the edge of the Andromeda Galaxy, in the darkness of space, lies a Space Station. This is the Andromeda One Station, in the system of Churchill's Legacy. Within the same solar system as the station is a jump gate that links to the Milky Way Galaxy, and Earth. On the station, Merchants come from all over both Galaxies for a chance to trade with other races. This station is run by humans, but is home to hundreds of alien species that are there for trade.

Not only does it serve as a place of commerce, it is also a platform for Diplomatic parties of various species to come and speak to one another in a neutral part of space, as fighting and wars are not allowed to occur. The station is heavily armed to oppose any violent ships intent on war.

Here you can create your own race, with their own culture and rules. Have them come to the station to trade or negotiate with others. How could it ever go bad?

Skill level: Expert

Relevant links:

Rules:
EcchiDreams Standard Roleplay Rules, plus:

• Posts must be at least one paragraph long, with a good amount of detail, and with good grammar and spelling (barring mistakes). Anything less than a paragraph, such as a one line post, will be removed and the member in question requested to not do that again. If you consistently post less than a paragraph, then your posts will be removed and you will be asked to leave the roleplay.
  • No one can make a character that is of one of the Epsian/UFF species without my strict permission. Also, non-Epsian/UFF species will not be allowed to wander onto the property/territory of Epsian/UFF species without permission. If a character attempts to trespass, they will be met with potentially lethal hostility.
    • The exceptions being The Wet Hole, and Jen’starrs Bar and Restaurant, as these serve customers on the Andromeda Station. 
  • Anyone is able to create their own species, and have them have their own planet/territory in space as well as an ambassador. However it will require a very detailed extra information before it can be added to the list of related extra information.
  • Love 1

This post is a joint post written by:

@Neptune - Kellina Dansken
@Jambalyre - Moira Dansken

Location: Unknown System, 12.53 Light Years from Andromeda Station.

“You ain’t getting away from me, fuckface!” An angry voice called out, as a shower of sparks descended on the speaker, a tall blonde woman with sparkling, angry blue eyes. She hissed as the sparks stung her exposed skin. She hoped that they wouldn’t leave any marks on her otherwise flawless skin. She pushed the throttle control forward, causing their small fighter, the Stella-Kelpie to lunge forward as she went after her prey. The ship being flown by their target was slightly larger than their small fighter, however it was still a relatively small class of ship designed for a very small crew. It belonged to a man that Kellina and her sister were hunting. A man called Jonathan Randell, who took a delight in the exploitation of sentient beings. He would traffic them all over the Galaxy to enter into slavery in a large slavery empire. He killed without discrimination, and he had hurt thousands of people, and destroyed the lives of millions. And now he had numerous bounties on his head worth millions. And Kellina and Moira were there to try and catch him, although the bounty contract stated that he could be brought back Dead or Alive. It didn’t matter, but the sisters always tried to bring their Bounties back alive.

“Keep on him, Kelli!” Her sister's voice came over the comm. Kellina slowed down the ship slightly, before she then twisted the controller, causing their small fighter to twist and turn before she throttled forward as she pursued their slippery prey, “Yeah, yeah, I know.” Kellina flippantly replied. Her entire focus was on the ship before her, and she didn’t have time to listen to Moira, especially when she was saying what she already knew. Kellina glanced at the screen in front of her, checking the status of her weapons as well as the condition of their ship. The shields were damaged, and they had slight hull damage. Her eyes flickered back up as she caught sight of the ship, growing larger as she inched her way closer.

The moment he was within weapons range, Kellina began to unleash fire upon him. Their ship had two large lasers, gimbaled so that they followed their target. Kellina had targeted the opposing ships thrusters, however something unexpected happened. The ship blew up. Kellina stopped her fire, before slowing the ship down and angling slightly away so that they were not caught up in the fiery blast.

“I thought we agreed to not blow them up this time!” Moira called over the comm. Kellina shrugged as she flicked a few switches, “It was an accident. I shot for the thrusters, so he must have had some serious flaw with them. It’s not my fault. Don’t worry so much; we can still collect the full bounty if we kill him. We just need to… find something of him.” She said, before turning back towards the wreckage of the ship, “And that might take a little bit…” She sighed. A similar sigh came over the comm from Moira, and Kellina could hear her sister speak softly, in an almost reverent tone, “Be fearful all who be unbelieving, abominable, murderers, whoremongers and all liars, for I bear the will of God. All shall be afraid; for I beareth the sword yet not in vain: For I, in the name of the Lord, am a revenger upon he who doeth evil. And I will execute upon them with furious vengeance and terrible rage; and they will know that I am the will of the Lord. Ye shall burneth within the fire and brimstone lakes of hell: which is second only to death! Habbakuk, 2:22 Motherfucker.”

“I’ll take care of that. You just keep us still.” Moira then told her, before the comm cut out. Kellina sighed and sat back, crossing her arms as she impatiently waited. She knew that her sister was down in engineering, rigging up one of her genius inventions. A little bored, he began to absently scan parts of the wreckage. There were some things in the cargo hold, but it was nothing worth taking. They appeared to be some personal things that Kellina had no interest in. If it was something of value, then she would snap that up quickly and either keep it, or sell it to make some more money. Either would work for her.

By the time Kellina was almost bouncing with impatience, Moira once more spoke through the comm, “Alright, I’ve programmed some of the drones to search and retrieve any organic matter. Hopefully we can salvage it before the vacuum of space ruins the samples.” She said. Kellina snorted as she released the drones, “That would be our fucking luck. It would also be a good idea to grab some parts of the ship so that they can be identified as his.” She said. The drones make quick work of getting the samples, and once they were back, Kelli asked, “Do they have everything?”

“Yes. We got very lucky. His head stayed intact, for the most part. Enough to easily identify him. And some of his fingers, so DNA, fingerprints and iris scans can be done. And we also have several pieces of the ship” Moira responded, sounding slightly distracted as if she was concentrating on something. “Fucking awesome.” Kellina responded with a grin, feeling excited about cashing in this bounty. Quickly, she turned the ship and headed back towards the jump gate nearby that they could use to jump into hyperspace to get to Andromeda Station quicker than heading there in a straight line. They were lucky that their target was in such a well-travelled system, so it was easy tracking him down. It would take them several hours to get back to the Andromeda Station, which Kellina knew it would cause unease for her sister for the risk of being attacked and their precious cargo stolen. But Kellina knew that she could keep one step ahead of the others. It was how she had found the bastard in the first place.

They reached the gate after an hour of straight flying, and Kellina activated the gate causing a gate into hyperspace to open up. She aimed the ship into it, before they were completely surrounded by hyperspace. To the eyes, it appeared to be red in colour, with varying shades of blacks, orange and yellows. It also seemed very big, and very lonely. But Kellina followed the buoys that were left in place that would guide her to the correct destination. Kellina was left to her own company in the cockpit of the ship, as her sister was still in engineering doing whatever geniuses like her did. Kellina had to remain where she was, to keep them on course. There was no way she was going to allow them to drift, and become lost.

They arrived back at Andromeda several hours later. The gate near the station opened up and their fighter came shooting out of the hyperspace window and headed closer to the station. Kellina felt relieved, because this meant that they could park their ship, collect their money and she could go and celebrate. As their ship got closer to the Station, she opened a channel,

“Yo, Andromeda. Stella-Kelpie here, requesting to dock.” She said, slowing down her ship as she was awaiting a response. The voice of Karla Stewert came back, “Acknowledged, Stella-Kelpie. Sending docking information now.” Kellina looked at the screen, noting where they were to go before she increased her speed and headed to the docking bay. She slowed down when she approached the mouth of the Station. She aligned the ship with the station’s rotation and slowly entered the long docking bay. They then entered the large, round docking bay that was ringed with numerous docking pads, that were filled with ships. Kellina headed for their pad, heading sharply down. When close, she pulled the nose of the ship up sharply as the landing gear emerged. The ship then landed gently on the landing pad. As Kellina powered down the engine, she grinned, “Another perfect landing.” She boasted as she signalled the pad to take them down. The landing pad sank down, before the docking pad closed above them. Their ship was turned around, before they came back and parked smoothly into the landing bay. Kellina pushed back from the flight controls before getting up and stretching as she felt stiff from sitting down for so long. 

She then made her way down to engineering where she found Moira hunkered over one of her computer screens. As Kellina approached, Moira said, “I’ve already alerted the contact, and they’re coming here now.” 

“Good. The sooner the better.” Kellina said, before she went over to the table which contained the organic matter, as well as scraps from the ship. She peered at the head, which had half of the face seared off and horrifically burnt. But the other side of the face was completely intact, and the brown eye stared up at her blankly as the mouth hung open as if screaming silently. Kellina picked up a wrench and poked the head with it, causing it to rock slightly.

“Will you stop that, Kelli,” Moira scolded, snatching the wrench and eyeing it critically for signs of flesh and brains. “You know I don’t like getting shit on my tools.” 

Kellina glanced at her, “You’re such a delicate flower, Moira. It can be easily cleaned off.” Kellina told her. 

“Sure it can, but it's bad manners to get blood and shit on another Engineers tools, besides you keep poking this thing, it’s going to roll off and get more blood and shit on things, and I don’t want it rolling around in my Engineering like a loose football,” Moira said, waving the the wrench in Kellina’s direction to emphasise her point. “And I will make you clean it up. Forget the micro sterilisation scanner, it will be the old fashioned toothbrush.” 

Kellina wrinkled her nose in disgust before she flicked her fingers dismissively, “Don’t worry, I know how to deal with men. Especially their heads. It’s not like I wanted to impale his eye with your tools. We kinda need that eye right now.” 

Her sister looked like she wanted to say something, but scoffed is disgust instead and turned back to her computer.

Kellina sat down heavily in a chair, impatiently tapping her foot on the floor as she awaited the arrival of their contact. The minutes dragged by and Kellina began idly playing with various tools and objects and Moira, just as idly, telling her to stop. Finally, the contact let Moira know that they were there, and her sister went off to let them onto the ship. She then brought them back, revealing it to be a well dressed human. The man glanced at Kellina before he began scanning the remained that they had collected.

“We did try to keep him alive, however he had a flaw in his thrusters that caused his ship to blow up as we fired upon the thrusters to disable his ship.” Moira explained to the man. He glanced up at her, before looking back down, “You’ve provided enough evidence to prove that you’ve completed the contract. This man was a very sick individual. He deserved death, although some would have preferred he face trial. But a lot of people will be glad he’s dead, myself included.” He replied as he scanned the remains of the ship. Once he was done, he pulled out a small tablet from his pocket. He pressed a few things before asking, “How are you wanting the reward split?”

“Evenly between us two.” Moira responded, as Kellina sat there quietly, watching the exchange. Moira always took control of these deals, which was fine with her. Moira was very good at negotiating, whereas Kellina tended to not be. The man nodded, before drawing out two credit chits and inserting them into the tablet before he handed them over, “The credits will be available to you within the hour. Enjoy your rewards, ladies, you’ve done a great service.” He said, smiling at them. As Kellina took it, she felt a thrill of excitement. This moment always made this job so rewarding. She continued watching as Moira packed the remains of the target and his ship in a box. They no longer wanted it, and the man could have his remains dealt with by the contact. When the man finally left, Kellina jumped up,

“Yaahooo!” She cried, bouncing over to Moira and engulfing her in a large, tight hug. Moira let out a strangled noise, as Kellina almost suffocated her. The blonde let go of her sister, grinning, “Hey, you wanna go celebrate with a drink at the ol’ Wet Hole?” She asked.

“No, thanks. I have some things that need doing. I will be here if you need me to, I don’t know, maybe pay your bail money,” Moira replied with a small grin.. 

“Maybe. But not right now. Right now, I wanna down a few drinks. It’s not like the bail fee is going anywhere.” Kellina grinned, tilting her head slightly up at her sister.

“Apart from the bar tab, perhaps your right, just becareful,” Moira said, waving her sister away to concentrate on the computer screen with a diagnostic programme running on the engines. 

“Alright, but if you change your mind, you know where to find me!” She said, before turning and leaving engineering. She made a stop off in her bedroom where she went to her bed. Kneeling down, she fished out a safe, which she used a iris scan, to unlock it. It had several items inside of it, mainly credit chits but also some odd pieces. Pieces that were all she had left of her parents, and her love. She took out a couple of the credit chits, before putting the large money one inside. It was not something she wanted to carry around with her. She pushed the credit chits into her cleavage, before she locked up her safe, shoving it under her bed then she left her ship to head towards the Wet Hole, leaving Moira on the ship.

An agonised scream echoed down the corridor as people scrambled away from a stumbling figure that stood hunched over screaming in agony as he was clutching his head. At his feet lay an unconscious figure, but it was hard to see who it was, as they were covered with filthy rags. The man stumbled further down the corridor, still screaming in agony, “OH, GOD! MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE! MAKE IT STOP!” 

His eyes were popping out of their eye sockets, and his face was sweating profusely. He stumbled again, collapsing into a pile of boxes which he knocked over. He struggled to his feet again, before he stumbled into another pile but this time he remained still as he slipped into unconsciousness. The corridor was now completely silent, empty save for the two unconscious figures. Several minutes later, several security men appeared on the scene. They called for medical assistance, before they tried to find anything about the crime scene that would indicate what had happened, but they were unable to find anything. 

The two figures were rushed to the medlab, where Daniel Tucker, the Chief of Medical, immediately came over to inspect the two of them. He turned to the man, who was tossing and turning on the medical bed. He frowned as he checked his vitals, which were erratic and unstable and his blood pressure was falling fast. It appeared that he was under the influence of some kind of drug. His head kept tossing as he mumbled phrases like, “It’s falling… on me…! It’s falling!” He sounded panicked, as he whimpered painfully between each half formed phrase. He looked at one of his doctors, who was inspecting the secondary patient,

“Status?” He asked. The woman looked at him, “Traumatic shock, complete lack of consciousness, respiration and heart rate are well below normal and EEG readings well below normal.” She reported. As he turned back towards the first patient, drawing a blood sample to get the blood analysed, the doctor spoke again, “I think the cases may be related.” Daniel handed the vial of blood to an assistant as he turned back, “How do you figure that?” He asked. 

“She’s a Geological Consultant. Six months ago, she was doing a survey on a colony planet. She became trapped by a rockfall and broke her leg in the process.” She told him. Daniel looked back towards the man, “Oh hell…” He sighed, before ordering, “Check her neural pathways,” He then turned to the assistant, “I want to know exactly what is in his blood. Look specifically for traces of dust.” He nodded back towards the female doctor, “Thank you.” He nodded. As the two patients were wheeled away, he went over to his small office area and sat down, rubbing at his face. This was not good.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Colab Post: This post was a collaboration between myself and @Neptune who did the Christopher, Daniella, Talor, Kal'taour, Kellina and Alexander. We did this over at Google Docs before transferring it to here on EcchiDreams. 

Location: The Lone Wolf (Jake’s Vulture), Edge of the System where Andromeda One is located, Andromeda Galaxy

Jake brought his ship around and returned fire on the ship that was attacking him, he received a communication from the Andromeda One Station, “Starfury fighters are being dispatched to render you assistance. Hang in there Jake.”

Jake responded, “You’re not going to get here in time… I’m going to have to activate self destruct.” He said because of what the alien ship was trying to do, which he couldn’t let happen.

Brilliant orange beams erupted from Jake’s phaser cannons on the front of his ship which hit the alien ship’s shields, the computer reported “Enemy Shields are down to seventy-six-percent” The enemy returned fire causing his ship to jolt violently, as the computer reported “Shields Offline.” The alien ship grabbed his ship in a tractor beam and pulled it up to its underside, the weakest spot on the alien ship. He could hear drilling through the hull as they attempted to board, they drilled through a line that was used to power the shield emitters “Shield power conduits dam- correction, destroyed. Warning! Life Support may be compromised. Critical Systems are going offline.”

Jake said “Computer. Begin silent self destruct sequence. Authorisation: Jake-Gamma-Epsilon-Six-Forty-two. Set for Ten Minutes… Unless I let go of this this button then take it down to a minute.” He said taking the device out of the flight controller and holding down the button.

The computer announced “Alert! Self destruct sequence activated. Ten minutes until self destruct. There will be no more warnings after this.”

Jake was unable to do anything as the ship above him clamped down through the areas where there was no Neutronium, their drill was also drilling through an unprotected piece of the ship, and after a moment the drilling stopped as the computer said “Intruder Alert! Activating automatic defence systems.”

He could hear in the corridor behind him, from a Defence Bot, in a deep but synthetic voice “Your presence on board this ship is unauthorised. You will be detained.” Then there was a small explosion to which the bot kept saying “Your presence… Hostile… Hostile… Hos-tile…” It seemed to power down, Jake stood up with the device in his hand, as the doors opened, he looked at the aliens and said “I have in my hand the detonator. Do you understand? If you kill me, this whole ship goes boom.”

“You’re bluffing.” The Alien responded.

Jake shook his head “No, I’m not. There’s a self destruct sequence, and it’s counting down. If you kill me you will not be able to take any of the technology here. You will have exactly one minute to leave the ship or boom, baby.” He then pointed at a screen that displayed the count down. “See. When I let go of this button.” He let go of the button, the ship changed the count down to one minute. “Oh whoops” He said sarcastically “Well I go down and I take your ship down with me.”

One of the aliens turned to his superior and said “He’s insane! Just leave it. This isn’t worth our lives.” The other alien glared at Jake before saying “We have no reason to keep you alive then.” He shot at Jake, and it seemed to connect throwing him back onto the console before he limply fell onto the floor, the aliens then took their leave, unsuccessful in taking the ship for themselves.

Location: The Wet Hole, Down Below, Andromeda One, Andromeda Galaxy.

Jen’starr blinked at him “Okay… So if they killed you, how are you alive right now? What happened?” Christopher seemed equally as entrenched into Jake’s story “Yeah because by the time we got to you it was them that were in trouble, not you.” Jake said “Well it seems to me that I took down a criminal group, without a bounty on their heads. A criminal group that have given both your pirates and your security staff a headache. To hear the rest of the story, you guys are going to have to pay up. A hundred credits each, from both of you.” He smirked.

Jen’starr and Chris glanced at each other before each giving off a sigh, before Jen’starr reached down between her cleavage and Christopher reached into his own pocket before both of them pulled out one hundred credits on a credit chit each and handed it to him which he transferred to his balance “Cheers guys… I’ll have another drink, and whatever you two want is on me.” Christopher said “Orange Juice please.” Jen’starr got herself an Epsian Spirit which was deep purple in colour, and poured Christopher a cold refreshing glass of Orange Juice, Jake paid up and asked “Before I tell you what I left out, and how I took care of it, would you like to make any guesses first?” Jake asked.

Jen’starr replied “Localised Forcefield.” Jake shook his head and pointed out “‘I’ was blown backwards remember? If it was a forcefield, I would have stood there and took it like a champ… Not the first time I’ve done that though.” Jake then chuckled.

Chris then guessed, “Nanites?” Jake shook his head, as Jen’starr said “Nanites don’t make you indestructible. There is a reason why they use a neural energy sapper on us, because the nanites are not immune to that, at least not their version anyway.”

Christopher thought again before asking “Body armour?” Jake shook his head and said “I was as naked as I am now, Chris.” He wasn’t naked, but he was wearing clothes that didn’t look like they could stop a weapon if they tried - even with EPSI Federation technology.

Jen’starr stared at Jake intently before shaking her head “No idea.” Jake looked at Christopher who said “Come on, the suspense is killing me. How did you do it?”

Jake smirked and said “You two are going to kick yourselves for this one. I wasn’t even actually on the bridge… My hologram was, I was controlling it from my holosuite, I figured that if they couldn’t take it, then if I wasn’t bluffing they’d be safe, if I was then they can come back when I was dead and take what they want. I had to think what if I was them. Back when they were approaching, I went to the Holosuite and got myself in a simulation which controlled me on the bridge. When they left, I deactivated the self destruct sequence with just four seconds to spare and then went to fucking warp, which by the way has completely fucked my ship in the ass, unlubed! But I survived. So did my new friend here.” he said putting his hand on on the ExoSin Wraither Wolf on his head and scratching lightly behind his ears. The Wolf tilted its head and pressed it up into his hand affectionately. Jen’starr peered over the bar to look at the sitting wolf and asked “Yes; I was going to ask about that. You know I have a no pets allowed policy Jake… Not those kinds of pets anyway.”

Christopher said “That’s no ordinary Wolf, Jennaea. It can talk. It’s called Rougey, apparently.”

Rougey replied “He.”

To which Christopher looked at the Wolf and said “Er… Right. He’s called Rougey.”

Jen’starr raised her eyebrow “A talking Wolf, huh? Is that one of those ExoSinian Wraithers I’ve heard about?” Jake nodded “Actually called a Nexo'sinara. We met when I completed the first contract, taking that Asari’s possessions back to Aymar Prime, I also found Adi on the way, in this station in fact. The Aymar had no idea how he got here.”

To which Christopher asked “That lilac coloured -thing- running around, about five inches tall? He kept giving us the slip.” Jake nodded again “That’s the little bugger” He said giving a small chuckle.

Jen’starr said “Yeah; I want to hear how that played out at some point. What’s this thing you mentioned. About the contract where the ‘Threat Level’ was ‘Under Reported’ Contract?” Jake scowled and brought his hand back up from Rougey before taking his drink and sipping on it “Ah yes… The one where the resistance expected was low, and was priced as such, but was ridiculously high. That’s why I was gone for seven weeks longer than I should have been. It was one of your contracts Jen’starr, the one I thankfully left, last.”

Jen’starr growled and said “Keep going…”

Jake said “Well… The system I was in had a few automated defences. Getting past them wasn’t so much a big problem as there was an obvious opening, a course around them into the system. This, as I said, wasn’t the main issue, nor was the planet to a large extent. Most of it was empty except for a mega structure located on one of the continents smaller islands. I was expecting a small slaver colony… It wasn’t. It was a heavily fortified military base, with ten-thousand people all over the place. I had to land on another island, and boat across to the island under the cover of darkness with limited supplies. I knew there was no way I was going in loud, so I used a Tricorder and a small flying camera drone to plan my way in. I needed somewhere to make camp that was hidden from the colony so I set up in an abandoned room in the sewer system. I spent the next day sending out a nano-fly to get a layout of the sewer system and the facility complex attached to it. The room I was in looked like it used to be where they let the slaves sleep when constructing the place. Whist that was doing that, I was setting up nano cameras and proximity sensors to be my eyes and ears outside the room in the sewer system as well as using some Laser Trip based explosives I found in one of the store rooms. I don’t think anyone went down into the sewers though… That part was the easy part… Planning my routes and getting there without being spotted - that was challenging. Luckily as I went I placed some explosives on key places. It worked… I reached the target and stunned him with a Phaser, and carried the fucker out, but I was spotted on the way out and had to improvise. Using the explosives I set up I detonated several routes and escaped got down into the sewer sealing it behind me and navigated the maze to get back to the room, I monitored the situation and ended up having to stay down there until they called off the search around the island, some days later. Obviously by that point he was awake and tied up, and we were running out of supplies. I stunned him again moved him to the boat and off we went back to the island where my ship was located… Only they were there too, surrounding it waiting for me. Luckily I got this though…” He said reaching into his pocket pulling out an EPSI Federation ‘Order Fleet’ Commbadge, “It was Rougey’s who was on board the ship. I had him target them out for me whilst I went and picked them off, I knew I had to be quick and with a body on your back, it was hard. But eventually I got off that damn planet and got the fuck out of the system, quickly.”

Jen’starr said “I hope all that data you collected is still on you.”

Jake nodded “Yes, here you go.” He said handing a datapad back to her with the contract on it, and the additional data “And the cunt was transferred onto the station’s brig.” He said putting the commbadge back into his pocket. Jen’starr looked at the datapad in one hand as she held her drink in the other, she took a sip from the drink and continued to hold the glass, it shook slightly before smashing in her hands she let out a “The fucking client lied to us!” she said forgetting about the glass and her cut hand, which was already healing with the nanites help “Jake- Please accept my apologies… I feel obligated to pay you the difference for this contract, because you’re a good friend and hunter and all.”

Jake shrugged “It’s not you that filled out the information incorrectly, perhaps your client is or was mistaken, or the information they had was out of date.”

Christopher suggested, showing off his cynical side, “Is it possible that the information was filled out incorrectly, on purpose? To exploit you, or some kind of assassination attempt.” Jake shrugged “There’s no evidence to suggest that, and I like to presume innocence until I see evidence of guilt. Call it a dirty habit from working in the Police force myself.”

Christopher scoffed “My time on this station has taught me to look at things more cynically, Jakeo. If you don’t, they’ll pull a fast one on you.” To which Jake nodded in agreement and said, “I see where you’re coming from.”

Jen’starr said “Not fucking likely though. He’s going the right way to have a contract put out on him!” She said angrily “I’m going to contact a few friends and find out just what the fuck happened, Jake. I’m also stopping all contracts from this client until this is fixed. You were under no obligation to do that contract.”

Jake shrugged “It would have been unprofessional for me to have done so. I saw a way it could be done, and I just gritted it and got on with it. I’m not happy I got Teladi’ed, but I’d rather like to know the explanation and get my money’s worth, than to shoot first and ask questions later sort of thing, you know? I did that once before and now look where I am.”

Jen’starr wasn’t hearing any of it “Oh I’ll give him shoot first alright. A fucking phaser cannon up his fucking arse.” She said before saying “By the way for the past eight weeks, a few hours after you left there’s been someone from the EPSI Federation looking for you. They’re currently on the toilet at the mom-” Jake pulled his phaser from his holster and jumped up from the stool, he made sure it was set to stun and held it to his side as he made his way over to the toilet room door.

Christopher said “Yeah I was worried he’d have that reaction. So much for not shooting first...” He got up and followed Jake, taking out his sidearm, and having it pointed down at the ground, Jake said “Mine’s set to stun… I’m going to find out what they’re after.”

Christopher said “I’m assuming that you’ve got a bounty on your head too?” Jake nodded “Yeah… Over a million Epsian Credits. They take a very dim view one escapes punishment, and turns out criminals have a dim view when you hold them at gunpoint and steal their ship.”

Christopher raised his eyebrows in surprise and let out a low whistle, “You’ve pissed off the wrong people.” He commented.

Jake raised his weapon and moved into the toilets, followed closely by Christopher, however there was no one inside, that was until he heard a feminine grunting from one of the stalls.

Jake slowly, and quietly moved across the floor, quietly pushing open the unoccupied stalls, before coming to the last one on the row, which when he slowly put his hand against it didn’t open. He pulled his hand from it, clenching it into a fist before powerfully banging the door six times, in quick succession.

There was a loud, feminine squeak, before there was a loud splash in the toilet followed by a feminine voice saying, “Owww…” Jake commented “That gives a whole literal meaning to scaring the shit out of someone.” He chuckled softly before asking “You’ve been looking for me apparently… Why? What is your intent towards me?”

“I just wanted to meet you. Owwie...” Came the feminine response, slightly pouty, “I’m one of your fans.” Jake’s eyebrows raised in confusion as he lowered his weapon from the door and looked a Christopher who seemed to be just as confused, he then looked at the door and asked “Why? Am I expected to believe that? I got a bounty on my head from the EPSI Federation. No one should care I’m here, no less would they come out here unless they’re running from something.”

“I know you have a bounty. Several in fact.” The voice replied, sounding slightly dreamy, “I have been hearing news about you, and you have a certain reputation back in the EPSI Federation. I’ve wanted to meet you for a long time, because, well, I like Bad Boys and I wanted to meet you in person. Besides, someone as big and as strong as you can’t be taken down by a pipsqueak like me.” Jake lowered his weapon completely and asked “Seriously?”

“Mhm~ Although, you caught me at a bad time. That’s the last time I’m eating at that spicy food place. Next time I will stick to Jen’starrs replicators...” The voice replied.

“Yeah… I kinda guess I had caught you at a bad time…” Jake said before putting his Phaser back into his holster, which prompted Christopher to do the same. Jake then asked “You’re not talking about Ganesh Sighn’s restaurant are you?”

“Yep. I had a Chicken Phall. It was pretty spicy.” The voice responded.

“Oof. Yeah; I can smell it. Geez. My condolences…” Jake replied, as Christopher gave a knowing nod, as he commented “That’s why I stick to my food that I make.”

“Uh-huh. As I said; next time, I will stick with Jen’starrs replicator.” The voice said.

“Well… Er. Good luck with that.” Christopher replied before silently signalling that he was going to give the two some privacy, which Jake smiled at but he wasn’t going to need it, Jake said “Tell you what; I’ll wait at the bar. I’m the blue haired Mako, if you don’t know what I look like, sitting at the bar.” He then moved away from the door as the voice replied “Okay, see you in a minute.” Jake walked with Christopher out of the toilets, once they were outside and the door and it was shut, the two started laughing, Christopher said “I’ve heard of scaring the shit out of someone, but you really brought it to a whole new level.” Jake replied “Epsian’s, great for constipation. In more ways than one.”

The pair laughed as they went back to the bar, although this time there seemed to be a bottle in her collection that was purple but glowing green. Jake knew that bottle was definitely not there before, although Christopher hadn’t noticed. Jen’starr was still angry at the contract and was talking to someone on her video link, but the call terminated and she punched the wall “FUCKING CUNT!” She shouted. Jake said “Uh oh…” Christopher replied “Uh oh, is right. She doesn’t sound happy.” They looked on as Jen’starr was speaking to someone else, she was talking quietly but Jake could hear what she was saying and relaying it on to Christopher.

“She’s speaking to someone on her ship, the Omega Rune’s - Odin… She’s explaining … It sounds like she’s giving them an update on the situation. She spoke to the - client? She got told that it was on purpose because part of the payment was some kind of employment opportunity. Something to do with a way in for extra work in the future, of which she’s saying she told him from the offset that she only accepted no-bullshit kill, retrieve or breed contracts, for her hunters. Not employment services. She’s very angry…” Jake said thinking out-loud “I wonder what the hell is going on. It seems the person she left in charge of the ship understands, and can offer some money skimmed off their profits from operations in Epsus Galaxy to cover what the contract, at two-thousand-times more people than I was expecting, that’s already five million. The system defence network and the fortified military type base as well as the other dangers… That contract should have been at least twelve million.”

Christopher asked, noticing Jake’s surprise “How much did you get paid?” Jake replied “The contract was for two-thousand-five hundred. Expected resistance, one target, five people, and a ship half the size of my Vulture.” Christopher nodded “Yeah you definitely got the raw end of that deal then.” Jake said “Jen’starr isn’t very happy.”

“TWELVE MILLION?! ARE YOU SHITTING ME?! I WOULD NEVER HAVE SENT HIM ON HIS OWN!” She shouted. She then looked at Jake and said “Don’t get funny ideas!” She said just incase he thought she liked him or something, to which Jake laughed nervously “I love you too.” He said camply.

Jen’starr said “If you’re going to start swearing at me, you can fuck off.” She said, debuffing his affection. She looked back at the screen and said “I want him found. Bring the Odin to the Andromeda Galaxy… You’re going to hunt this asshole down, and I’ll pay Jake what he is owed plus ten percent extra… Markus’s debt is now with us.” She said quite clearly “No one. Fucks with me! Then thinks they can get away with it!” She said sourly.

“We’ll swing by and pick up any information you have to his possible whereabouts.” The person on the other end said, to which Jen’starr nodded “Well watch out. Kabarachi Raiders have been found and fought against on the edge of this system too. Do not approach the station with your weapons system still turned on, unless you’re already in combat- then don’t approach at all.”

The person on the other end said “The Kabarachi won’t be a problem for us. We have a new trick up our sleeves, from something the Aymar gave us in the fight against the E’cothri and the Madrelari.”

Jen’starr nodded again “Very well… Then consider those ships target practice! They shouldn’t be attacking people like this because it’s a Neutral Zone; so I’m positive that the Station Commander would be very grateful to us, and given what you clowns did last time we could do with the good point!”

The person on the screen said “We will not let you down again. Ra’starr, out.”

Jen’starr came back over to Jake and handed him another credit chit “With our apologies.” She said calmly.

Jake took it and said “I’m two steps closer to my imperial clipper, although one step back because my ship isn’t going anywhere…” He said with a sigh “Thanks Jen’starr.” She replied “I hope you’ll keep taking more contracts from me.” To which Jake smiled “Of course! I get my contracts from you because you promised you can protect me from this kind of abuse; and you’ve kept your word. When I get my ship repaired I’m going to do more of an effort to take more contracts from you.” He grinned “I appreciate your help.”

She had a face as if she was eating a very sour lemon “Ugh… There’s that casual swearing again… Listen; fuck face - I’m not helping you. It’s business, Wolfie.” She said insultingly “I’m looking after my own interests. My own assets. Nothing more. Nothing less.” She said trying to push away from his affections again.

Jake laughed and drank more of his drink “Aww; I know you don’t mean that. I think you love me~!” He teased, camply.

Jen’starr threatened “Say that one more time, and I’m throwin’ you out!” She hissed, before folding her arms and sulking. Jake laughed a little more and said “Sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you. I had no idea that your love for me was so strong.” She reached for her shotgun from under the counter and cocked it before saying “That’s it. I’m going to shoot your arse off.”

Jake laughed again and waved his hand dismissively “You wouldn’t be the first who wanted to blow a load in my ass, hun.” He said. Jen’starr rolled her eyes before putting the gun away “Fuckin’ damn it Jake… Can you piss off for another eight weeks please?”

Jake laughed again and said “I fucking missed you guys.” To which Jen’starr nodded “It’s been quiet without you to be honest.” And Christopher who was laughing at the interaction between the two, agreed “Yeah it has. It’s good to see you’re still alive.” Jake smiled and said “Likewise. To both of you.” He then asked “Where’s Kels?”

Jen’starr replied “Out with Moira, on a contract. I don’t know who’s because it’s not one of mine. All I know is it’s a big one. Lots of credits.”

Jake smiled and said “Well… I’m going to wait for this person to get back here, then I’m going to message someone at the EPSIFleet Starbase six-ninety-six station, about getting my ship repaired…”

Christopher said “You did more damage to that alien ship by going to warp whilst it was still clamped onto you than it did to you. You should have seen the state of it when we arrived there. Let’s put it this way, it wasn’t going anywhere for a while.” Jake said “Whilst it didn’t break my Neutronium hull plating it has bent and warped it out of shape, leaving the Warp core’s conduits actually exposed, they also drilled through my powerline for the shields, which will take weeks to repair, months if I have to do it alone. I think the ship is a write off for the purposes I need to use it for. I want to get it repaired, but it might just be economically more sound to buy a new one and cut my losses.”

Jen’starr said “Why not speak to the ExoSinian Eldyr Corporation? They sold you the Vulture, no doubt they’d be interested at the modifications you’ve done.” Jake shrugged “I don’t think they will.” Jen’starr nodded and said “Er… I do. Because in the eight weeks you’ve been gone the EPSI Federation has come across a problem that we thought we had contained. The Syndicate has been attacking them. They couldn’t have picked a worst time, for them. The EPSI Federation have also unlocked some pretty sick upgrades to their weapons systems, such as increase power output through optimisations made to the Phaser’s pre-fire chambers and energizer arrays.” Christopher nodded “Yeah they took down two E’cothri cubes that were in this system coming towards the station last week. We gave it everything we had and it did fuck all. Then your lot came in and swatted them down like flies. It was embarrassing.” Jake looked at both of them and asked “Huh?”

Jen’starr said “The Enterprise-E got commissioned into service under Captain Kathrin Eldyrannth. So too is Phoenix’s Ship, the Ragnarök, and some of the upgrades they’ve gotten make them very dangerous to the Syndicate. They were apparently spying on the Epsian’s with cloaked scout ships in their systems, monitoring ship numbers and movement. They think it’s the prelude to the invasion fleet which wasn’t expected for another what… Six years?”

Jake looked extremely concerned, “Did the Syndicate get the information that they needed?”

Jen’starr shook her head, “No. They didn’t get communications off to the main fleet, the Aymar covertly raised the alarm, and all the Syndai cunts were destroyed at the same time, so none of them could get warnings off… The Eldyrannth have sent out a few Eureka Class sensor ships to the outer rims of the Epsus Galaxy looking for trouble. So far they’ve not found anything - but what if the entire Syndicate fleet is cloaked? Who knows.”

Jake grimaced “Shit” was all he could muster.

Jen’starr nodded “Yeah… The EPSI Federation has become very heavily armed, certainly nothing like it was twenty-eight years ago and back then they were fucking extremely heavily armed. They’re expanding out of necessity, only taking worlds and systems not already claimed or inhabited. As you can imagine, there are some people that aren’t very happy about their technological advancements… Especially because the EPSI Federation was responsible for downing a station called Pandora’s Box, in this Galaxy, just yesterday.”

Christopher nodded “Yeah we only gave them information about that last week, turns out that our worst fears about it, and then some were confirmed, quite categorically. The Media have been denying it, of course. But the Epsian’s proof is too substantial to ignore, and none of it was addressed. The president is fuming; and has scorned the Media in ways that is reminiscent of the Trump era.”

“Trump era?” Jake asked, as the first thing that came into his mind was Taru’zenari slang for farting which was ‘Trumping’, although others considered ‘Trump’ to be a good thing like coming up trumps - coming out on top.

“Mm. Donald Trump, Forty-Fifth president of the United States. I think he’s one of the best presidents America had ever had, but my God was he unliked by a lot of people - least of all the media. Sometimes I feel that history is repeating itself. The public love President Temaerius, and his Vice President Talius but the media and many corporations don’t like them.”

“It’s easier to attack the person's character than it is to actually address the evidence, huh?” Jake asked before shaking his head “Fucking hell…” he then commented.

Jen’starr said “That’s just the beginning. The Ggterran’s now have reasonable sized starships… And some pretty fucking impressive ones at that.”

Jake raised his eyebrows and said “It sounds like a Golden Age, or Utopia or something over there right now. I noticed in the Aymar Prime System that there are lots of Aymar’asarians now. At least three hundred different Aymar D’deridex class ships flying around, each with squadrons of smaller ships. Come to mention it I did notice that the systems security seemed raised but I thought that was due to the Aymar not having an Emperor at the moment.”

Jen’starr said “Ah well that’s changed as well. As has their whole Government. D’rhel became the Empress of the Aymar Star Empire. She then devolved her power to elected seats, a federal style council if you will. She then removed herself as Emperor declaring Job-Done. Instead the rightful heir has taken the throne: Empress D’naar and her Emperor Asaraevana - an Asarian.”

“Fucking hell. I piss off for eight weeks and the Aymar’asari Star Empire completely fucking changes.” Jake commented.

Jen’starr nodded “They are forever morphic.” She pointed out.

Jake shook his head again and downed the rest of his drink before saying “I’ll take another, man I missed your drinks.” Jen’starr nodded and took his glass before pouring him another drink saying “Best goddamn drinks in this galaxy.”

In the bathroom, Daniella sighed as he stood in front of the mirror inside of the bathroom. He turned from side to side, making sure that he looked absolutely perfect. He was wearing a strapless, body hugging dress that went down to mid-thigh. Around his chest, the dress was black in colour, with a few frilly pieces of cloth that hid the fact that his chest was flat. At best, people would assume that he was A-cup. The rest of the dress was a slut pink in colour, the exact same shade as his hair. He had black fishnet thigh highs that reached up to the top of his thighs, showing off the flawless flesh underneath. His shoes were black two inch high heels, that caged his feet in, but still showing off his feet slightly. On his lower abdomen, below his belly was an ExoSinian Eldyr Tattoo; to signify his devotion to his religious order. He put his hands on his well rounded hips, taking a deep breath. He was extremely nervous, as he was meeting the man of his dreams face to face. This was the moment he had spent months saving up for, and he wanted to make sure that it went right. He was so worried about screwing this up, and missing out on the dream life he wanted.

Daniella let out another breath, as he leaned forward and checked the make-up that he had on. It wasn’t much, as he felt that his face didn’t need that much. Only to enhance the beauty he already had. Once he was satisfied that everything was perfect, he went out of the bathroom, his vivid purple eyes searching for his target. He then saw him, sitting at the bar, talking to the bartender as well as someone else. A Tau’ri. Still a little nervous, Daniella approached the group, smiling at Jake with a sly, seductive smile,

“Hello. I should introduce myself properly. My name is Daniella.” He greeted him, holding out a small, slim hand for him to take. Jake turned when the female voice from the bathroom seemed to be greeting him as he was too busy with the conversation between Jen'starr and Christopher. He was immediately captivated by his deep purple eyes, and interesting hair. He blinked at the feminine figure as he introduced herself to which Jake, used his proper Mako'demeri State given title "I'm Kal'loure." When Kal’loure had taken his hand in a firm handshake, Daniella returned it for several seconds before he then pulled his hand away, relishing the feel of his soft fur against his skin. It was the kind of fur he could picture himself gripping onto tightly in the throes of passion. However he had to stop himself from thinking along those thoughts, to prevent from causing him to become too aroused by the thought. He opened his mouth to say something else, however something in the pocket of the Tau’ri chimed. A chime that Jake hadn't heard in two months went off, to which he commented "I've oddly missed that tone."

The blonde haired male fished into his pocket, before pulling out a small communication device, which he stuck onto the back of his hand,

“Barnes here.” He said. A male voice came back over the comm, “Could you report to Medlab, please? I’ve got a situation that needs your attention.” Barnes looked over at Jake as if to say ‘I knew it’ however his voice betrayed none of his annoyance, “I’ll be right there.” He pressed the comm and sighed, “Well, it’s a shame to have to bugger off without paying more out of my nose for your stories, Jake, but I’ve got to go.” He said, downing the drink he had. In response, Jake replied, "Indeed, tell you what I'll make sure your next drink is paid for man." He said, with a smile.

He put the glass down with a satisfied sigh, “Thanks, Jenaea. Best Orange juice I’ve had in a long time.” He said.

Jen’starr smiled at him before saying, “Anytime, Chris.” She then blew a soft kiss in his direction. He laughed a little nervously, “Later, everyone.” He said, before he gave a smile and walked off. Daniella blinked after him, before he then looked at Jake, “Who was that?” He asked. Despite being on the station for a while, Daniella had only really been inside of this bar, or in the quarters he was renting. He had seen the man a few times, but had never spoken to him and he had never bothered reading up much about the Andromeda One. He was here for one reason, and one reason only.

Jake turned to Danilla as who he believed to be a ‘she’ asked a question, Jen'starr answered "Christopher Barnes, Head of Security for the Station. Sexiest piece of ass I’ve ever seen. Only welcome in here out of uniform, though. Would be even more welcome if he was out of his clothes as well."

Jake smiled and said "What she said." pointing at Jen'starr who said “Oi, bitch. He’s mine, yer cheeky cunt. Behave or I’ll bottle you.” Jake snorted before lowering his hand and asking "Did you want a drink?" He then took a mouthful of his own whisky.

Daniella nodded at Jen’starr in thanks as she explained who the Tau’ri was. He had heard about the Head of Security, but he had never met the man. He didn’t seem like the kind of person that was a Security Chief but then appearances were deceiving. And, for a Tau’ri, he was quite attractive, at least in her opinion. He then looked at Jake, before giving him a sweet smile, “I would love a drink. Epsian Whiskey, please. Alcoholic - not that synthoshit.”

Jen’starr snorted and said “That’s the only way I serve Epsian fucking Whiskey, thank you very fucking much.” She chuckled as she took the bottle of Epsian Whiskey and poured out a double shot in a glass for Daniella.

“My opinion of you has skyrocketed.” Daniella smiled before she slipped onto the stool beside Jake and took the glass that Jen’starr offered him while handing over his credit chit to pay for the drink. He sipped on it before giving a satisfied sigh.

Jake then asked “What’s with those tattoos?” He pointed at Daniella’s stomach, adding “Jenny has-” To which Jen’starr said “Oi! Fuck right off with that Jenny crap. You’re not even allowed to call me Jennaea. It’s Jen’starr to you.”

Jake then snickered before saying “Jen’starr has one, I’ve noticed a number of Epsians… All the ones that have it on show have one, and all the Keza’s - because they’re naked usually, have one. What’s going on with them?”

“You really have been living in the dark, haven’t you?” Daniella asked, lowering his glass slightly.

“I’ve been living here for twenty-eight years, yeah.” Jake replied before taking a sip from his glass. “Huh. Then you must have never fucked Aimie, because she has one too. It’s a tattoo to show our devotion to our religion.” Daniella said, sipping on his drink.

“So it’s a religious tramp stamp?” Jake asked. Daniella giggled and said, “Mine is certainly a tramp stamp.” He then sipped again with a sparkle in his purple eyes.

“You’ll be getting one soon enough; Jake.” Jen’starr replied before nodding her head over to the door, where Talor and Temaelor were standing both of them wearing dark coloured cloaks, having just entered the bar. Daniella turned around on his stool and spotted the two figures, his eyes lighting up before he vigorously waved at them with a big, happy smile. Temaelor waved back as Talor just respectfully nodded, and the two made their way over to Jake as Talor said “Hello, Jake… We have some unfinished business with you.”

Jake lowered his glass from his lips and turned his head slightly to look at Talor before saying “No we don’t. I don’t know you. So fuck off.” He then continued to sip from his drink. Talor then showed him the armed robbery that Jake committed twenty-eight years ago and said “I am Talrin, and I am the only one who can kill your bounty from Zach and Kaizeh. You held a gun to my sons… That was not a very smart move, nor was it a good position for you to be in. I’m not here to collect the bounty, but you will listen to what I have to say; in private.”

Jen’starr then said “I’d do it, Jake. This is the only way we can get the million credit contract taken off of you without… Killing you. Otherwise I’m going to keep having fuckers on a power trip come to my bar and I just had the damn place renovated. I’m tired of all the blood and bodies hitting the floor. It’s an absolute bitch to clean up. In twenty-eight years, do you know how many people have tried to claim that contract? And the longer it goes unsolved, the more likely that bounty is going to increase and thus even more fuckers causing problems.”

Jake downed the rest of his drink before saying “Of all the times I know… Four thousand six hundred and twelve times. At this point it’s almost one every other day.”

Jen’starr said “Exactly, and how long do think it will be until I get a bounty put on my head from those two psychos? How long is it going to be until they turn up at my bar and start gunning everyone down, Jake? Even the EPSIPirates know better than to fuck with them two. Hell! I wouldn’t even fuck with them two, and that’s saying something.” To which Kal’taour walked past behind her with a crate of bottles saying “Aye.” He then stopped nearby and started loading them onto the shelves.

Jake looked at Talor and asked “You’re Talrin, and he’s your son, Temaelrin?” To which Talor replied, “Yes.”

Jake then looked at Temaelor and said “Sorry for actually shooting your shoulder. I didn’t expect to find two Eldyrannth in there and I thought you were the Police or something.”

“Mmm! Actually the King and the Crown Prince of the Eldyrannthian Star Empire.” Daniella said, looking over at Jake.

Jake groaned, “Oh… Fuck my life… Do I have a bounty on my head from the Eldyrannthian Star Empire as well?” He then asked to which Temaelor said “Yes… Kind of. You have a bounty with my father. Your arse, and he wants to plunder it hard. To borrow Jen’starrs Profession: He wants to sail the seven seas and pirate your booty so hard that when the thrusts his sword up there, it’ll be in there so deep, whoever pulls it out will be crowned King Arthur.”

Jen’starr snorted and said “King Arthur wasn’t a pirate but damn that’s funny.” At the same time Daniella almost spat her drink everywhere in laughter, and Kal’taour was chuckling. Jake asked “So you fuck me up the arse, and you can get rid of the million credit contract? Fuck it. I’m gain. I’ll take it for the team.”

Talor shook his head “No. There’s more. I will discuss it with you. We can also deal with your ship situation. I believe you’re after an Imperial Clipper… It is a fine ship.” He then put his hand on Jake’s shoulder and straight up disappeared with him. Temaelor knelt down to Rougey and said “He will be back with Jake in a little while.” Whilst he said this, he gently stroked Rougey’s head and smiled.

Rougey’s tail wagged and said “I trust you and your father. You’re good people.” Daniella nodded his head in agreement, “Mmhm.” He hummed, smiling at Temaelor who stood back up and looked at Daniella, “Sup, sexy?”

“Recovering from some bad spice, but alright.” Daniella said with a grin.

“It’s a good job you’re just a duplicate. Your real self is recovering from a wild hangover and a very stretched out arsehole. Decided to take my Zeta form on last night. Balls Deep.” Temaelor replied.

“Well, you know me, master. I’m a bit of a risk taker.” Daniella said with a flirty smile as he sipped his drink again. Temaelor then smiled at Daniella before putting his hand on Daniella’s head to stroke him affectionately. He then asked Jen’starr “I heard you have a person you want retrieving back to the Odin. I don’t mind spaceshifting his arse to them, if you want. No charge. Consider what you’re going to do to him, the payment. My father is very unhappy that he put Jake at risk like that. Very unhappy.”

“Yes… Here’s the details.” Jen’starr replied before showing him telepathically, adding “What will become of Jake’s other bounties?” To which Temaelor said “Well, the EPSI Federation State will discover new evidence in a few days to say that the people he killed aren’t actually dead. You know it’s the damnedest thing that happened. There was a freak temporal anomaly that pulled them through to the future, and put behind these kind of - holograms. That of course never made it to the coroner because war broke out and that was bombed on route. Really… Odd anomaly that. So of course - Jake couldn’t have killed them, and those charges are going to have to be dropped.”

Jen’starr shook her head “EPSI Federation Corruption… A not really, corruption… The joys of being ‘The God of Time’, huh? That is some doing. Will this make people stop coming here to try and collect?” To which Temaelor nodded, “Yes. One of my duplicates has seized the man that you have spoken of, and dumped him into the Odin’s Brig. You will be getting a call - now. Kal’taour double Epsian Whiskey. There’s a good chap.” With that Jen’starrs console started bleeping instantly at her informing her of an incoming communication. Which she went to take in her office, in private.

“Coming right up, boss-man.” Kal’taour said with a toothy grin as he poured a generous double Whiskey for Temaelor and placed it down on the bar. Temaelor picked up the glass as he sat down and said “Cheers, man.” He then took a sip out of the drink, and space shifted a credit chit into Kal’taour’s hand, “That should cover the cost.”

“Thanks, boss-man.” Kal’taour said, moving the credit chit to transfer the funds to the bar account before he handed it back to the dark furred Mako, who just space shifted it back into his pocket and flashed a smirk and causing the Zeta to chuckle before he turned and returned to stocking the back shelf.

A little later…

Jake and Talor appeared back at the bar, Jake then sat down on his stool and said “Thanks, my Lord.” He then said to which Talor replied, “You’re welcome. He’s accepted and it’s all done. This one is a duplicate. We’re good to go. We’ve got a criminal record to clean up.” Temaelor stood up and said “Good.” He then spanked Daniella on the arse and said “You be a good little bitch for Jakie-boy. You hear, girl?”

Daniella squeaked and let out a soft moan as he was spanked. He grinned back at Temaelor said said, “Of course, Master. I promise.” He then looked at Jake and gave him a flirtatious smile. Temaelor and Talor then simply disappeared.

“HEY! Kal’taour you great big sexy beast! Pour me the biggest fucking vodka you have~” A female voice called out from across the bar. Daniella turned around to see another Tau’ri approaching the bar, with long blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes and a very curvy figure. Even Daniella, who didn’t pay too much attention to women, felt strongly attracted to this Tau’ri. The woman bounced over, a wide, happy grin, “I need to celebrate, my dears! We hit the mother-fucking JACKPOT! We just finished a several million credit contract!” She said, her voice jubilant.

Kal’taour chuckled, “Coming right up, sexeh.” He said, grabbing a long glass from the shelf and pulling down a bottle of Keza’marakian vodka, pouring the ice cold liquid into it. He placed it down on the counter, taking the credit chit from the Tau’ri to charge her account for it.

It was then that Kellina noticed Daniella, “Oh? Grabbing other ladies while I was away Jake, huh?” The Tau’ri asked, her tone teasing. She winked at Daniella, “I’m Kellina, nice to meet ya.” She greeted. Daniella smiled back, “Hi~ I’m Daniella. It’s nice to meet you… friend of Kal’loure?” He asked, tilting her head slightly.

“Oh yeah. He’s my drinking buddy, fuck buddy, blow-shit-up-in-space buddy… you name it.” Kellina replied with a nonchalant shrug. Daniella giggled; she really liked Kellina, she seemed like a free-spirit, much like herself. And in a way that Daniella had never come across in the EPSI Federation. She found that she liked being here more and more.

Jake turned to her with a smile and said “Hello, trouble! I also hit the jackpot; my contract was a T.L:U.R contract. How did yours go?” Jake asked, interested in sharing stories if she was. He took his own glass of whiskey and continued sipping at it.

Kellina picked up her glass of vodka, taking her credit chit and stuffing it in her cleavage, before she took a rather large gulp of her drink, the cold liquid burning her mouth and esophagus before pooling in her stomach. She let out a satisfied sigh and sat down on the stool next to Daniella. She crossed her arms on the bar, although her right hand was still loosely grasping her glass. She tilted her head over at Jake, able to see over Daniella’s head, her eyes twinkling,

“We got one of the nastiest shits present in this area of the Universe. A real slimeball by the name of Jonathan Randell. A well known slaver.” Kellina said. Daniella let out a soft gasp as his eyes widened,

“A slaver?” ~He asked. Kelli knocked back another large gulp of her pure vodka. She wiped her mouth and nodded, looking over at Daniella, her left eyebrow twitching up and the corner of her mouth smirking at her,

“Oh, yes. A nasty piece of work. Anyway, I tracked him for a nearby system, staying just one step ahead of all the other bounty hunters that were looking for him. Once we had our eyes on him, we chased him around the system. For a fatass, he can sure be a slippery snail. But yeah, the guy is a moron. When we got close, I fired at his engines, intending to disable them. However I had barely done him a scratch when the ship blew up. The fucking idiot! Anyway, thank fuck Moira is a bloody genius. She had her drones pick up his giblets so we were able to hand in the contract. And now, I am celebrating.” Kellina explained as she lifted the glass as if toasting, before knocking back another large mouthful. She let out a soft growl, “Fuck yeah, I love it neat.” She said as she sucked in some air as her throat continued to burn.

“So what do you work as?” Daniella asked politely.

“Bounty Hunter.” Kellina replied.

“That sounds exciting.” Daniella observed as he sipped on his own drink.

“Oh yeah.” Kellina agreed with a wide grin, “It can be. And dangerous… but that’s what makes it exciting.” She added. She looked up when Jen’starr joined them, “Heyup!” She greeted happily. Jen’starr looked back at her and said “Oh hell’s bells. You’re here with him. Trying keeping the place in one piece. I only just got it renovated!”

“Can’t keep promises!” Kellina said, clicking her fingers as she pointed at Jen’starr with a massive grin, as Jen’starr just said “Ah fucking nutz.” She then chuckled and asked,

“How are ya, darlin’?”

“I’m amazing~ We scored a big bounty so I’m here to get my ass drunk to celebrate~” Kellina said before she then looked over at Jake and asked, “So what was up with yours? What happened? You were gone for ages. I’ve missed having someone decent to fuck in bed… other than Kal’taour.”

“Well, I’m going to be back for a while, I’m waiting for my Imperial Clipper to arrive, they’ve taken what was left of my Vulture because it’s fucked up beyond all hope. Totalled. Actually unrelated, damn Kabarachi Raiders. So… I’ll tell you the story from the beginning… Shall we bugger off to a table, sit somewhere comfortable?” He then asked.

“I’m down with that.” Kellina said as Daniella nodded in agreement.

Kal’loure then said to Jen’starr “I’ll have a whole bottle of Epsian Whisky… Just bring it over when you’re able to.” To which Jen’starr nodded as Kellina added “Aye~ and a bottle of Keza’marakian Vodka for me, hun!”

“No problems.” Jen’starr said to them, as Kallina asked “What’s with the new bars upstairs? The Pleasure Hole or something? Fucking love the names. So subtle and genius.” To which Jen’starr said “Pleasure Hole! I could have called it that instead of the Pleasure Bar. Ah! NUTZ! Where were you when I was planning this shit.”

“Wait it’s yours? I was going to ask the same thing.” Jake replied as Kellina said “Sucks. Pleasure holes would have been better.”

“Mm. I expanded. Put more of a legitimate facade on my company. This is going to be my home though. I got a staff working up there, although I am considering on having a holographic me on the other two floors where I am not. Really mix things up. I’ll explain later.” Jen’starr replied before shooing them away “Go and bugger off.”

“Love you too.” Jake replied to which Jen’starr said in a snappy tone, “Watch your fuckin’ mouth, Jake.”

Kellina snickered as she slipped off of her stool, drink in hand, “Come on, Jake. Let’s move. We’re blocking the view just in case Chris comes in and we all know she doesn’t want to miss ogling his sexy ass.” She said.

“I don’t blame her.” Daniella said as he jumped off of his stool before turning and picking his drink up.

Jake then said “I still think the only reason she wants to get with him is to keep him out of her illegalities. Or bribe him.”

Kellina nodded, “Oh yes. Definitely.” She said in complete agreement, her expression indicating that she was trying hard not to laugh.

To which Jen’starr said “You cynical bastards.”

Jake then got up and took his glass over to his table; a table that he always chose to sit at, and where frequent comers knew not to sit. The two others followed him, with Daniella making sure to scoot his chair closer to Jake as Kellina sat across from the two, crossing one leg over the other. She leaned back in her chair, throwing an arm over the back as she said, “So come on, Jake. Spill it.”

“So let’s start from the beginning shall we?” Jake then replied.

Location: Ambassadorial Quarters, Suite of Epsus (Axel's Room).

Alexander stood looking at Axel who was sitting cross legged infront of nine incense sticks, which had only just started burning, he had his eyes closed, and seemed to be almost frozen in time, sitting there. Alexander said said “If I had known you were meditating I would have come along later.” To which Axel said in a calm, serene tone, “If I didn’t want you to come in, Captain, I would have told you to fuck off… Hello. You are here about the Pandora’s Box Incident, I trust?”

“Well, yes. I’m a little annoyed that the media back at home are denying any knowledge about this, and are using it to try and generate false outrage about the president. I was wondering if the EPSI Federation would get on with it’s trials, so that the truth can come out.” Alexander replied.

“A state’s juditary trials go at the flow that they are required to go, Captain. Patience, is requested, and patience is required. You see; the longer they spin their lies, the longer they distort the truth to fit their narrative, the worse it will look when it does come out. What is left of their reputation will be beyond salvageable. Perhaps your people will retroflect on listening and believing everything that they are told, to putting their faith into clearly partisan and biased news, and start respecting real journalism again. This is something I’ve been patiently waiting for, for well over a thousand and a half years.” Axel replied.

Alexander walked over to the window, peering out into the carpet of stars, his hands hooking themselves behind his back with his right hand holding his left wrist, “Unfortunately, the longer they are allowed to lie, the more that will be brainwashed into believing it to be the truth and thus completely reject the actual truth. At this point, I don’t think real journalism will be making a come back. Not for the Earth Alliance. It’s a good thing we get Ashaean channels here. Despite the strides that the President has made to enshrine critical thinking into the newer generations, there are still those that have little ability to think for themselves.”

“The Ashaean’s are more Epsian than the Tau’ri, and yet really, they sit in a kind of middle ground. Let people believe what they want to believe, you cannot change some people’s minds. After all, is it not true that some Tau’ri - even in the age of space travel - still think that the Earth is flat?” Axel asked.

“Oh, don’t get me started on them. You’re right that you sometimes just can’t change people's minds, but the longer they’re allowed to do this, the more people there will be that cling onto the lies.” Alexander replied.

“Yes, I understand why you believe that.” Axel replied before adding “But consider this: If we started showing them evidence of the contrary, would they not already cling to those ideas already? Some people will only believe what they understand, and some people will only understand what they believe. Everything that they don’t believe will be put into a narrative of which they understand. This is something that one cannot prevent... Perhaps there needs to be a new market of news and information in the Earth Alliance, perhaps it is time to start sharing the Ashaean perspective; I cannot see the President denying that. Epsian’s Pegasus News is also broadcasting a channel to all of those who will listen; my… to lack a better word… T-V is tuned into it, in fact.”

“No, I can’t picture him denying it either, actually. Some of the colonies would protest. But not all. The problem with releasing all of the evidence in one go, is that they’ll easily gloss over it and have it forgotten in a couple of weeks. People just don’t… pay attention for long.” Alexander said.

“Maybe… Mm…” Axel then said as he thought about something, this is where Axel went silent for several long minutes, something that Alexander knew was just best to let him think and get on with it. When he did speak again, he said “The EPSI Federation always record and televise their court hearings. This is where evidence and fact comes out, perhaps I should talk to the Federal Council of Justice, and recommend that Earth’s News Corporations be invited - very publicly - to these court hearings alongside Ashaean News Corporations, and Epsian ones. Of course if anyone starts cutting bits out, that can be shown via alternative sources, the lie of omission would be exposed. Normally this cannot happen, but in this case - considering it involves Earth citizens, I can’t see them possibly refusing. Would you like me to put in that request, Captain?”

Alexander turned away from the window so that he was looking at the frozen Axel once again, “I would greatly appreciate that, Ambassador.”

“You’re welcome.” Axel said, however his lips were not moving. This caused Alexander to pause before he frowned slightly, “Your mouth isn’t moving.” He said, to which Axel replied, “Correct.”

“How are you doing that?” Alexander replied.

“Psychically speaking out to you; your mind picks up my words. You get my thoughts delivered in the same way as it would if I used my mouth, or a pen on paper, though my words… I understand you might be apprehensive of this, but understand: I would not read your mind without permission - it is projection only. I am trying to stay perfectly still.” Axel replied.

“Well, as long as you’re not scanning me or anything.” Alexander said.

“Of course not Captain. That would be in violation of the Universal Rights to Life Act; of which is the law in these quarters, and is the law I hold dear. I don’t need to be a psychic to read your mind on this issue; you do not like telepaths due to the PsyCorp. Perhaps I can teach you how to use mental defences; you are technically Taru’zenari. You will be able to do it.” Axel suggested.

“I would appreciate that actually, Ambassador. The PsyCorp don’t exactly adhere to your codes and ethics, despite the fact that the President has instilled the Universal Rights as Earth Alliance Law.” Alexander said.

“Of this I am well aware. Well, if a Psycop ever comes onboard the station; I can offer my services to you as a telepathic shield… There is something I haven’t told you, Captain… My old friend. Something I have kept … Secret.” Axel replied.

“Somehow that doesn’t surprise me. Everyone has some kind of secret on this station. But I won’t demand that you tell me… unless it’s a danger to the station.” Alexander replied.

“In my hands - it is not.” Axel replied before gracefully uncrossing his legs, he then stood up and slowly turned around to face Alexander before changing into his Eldyrannth form; “I am an Eldyrannth.” Axelrin replied opening his deep orange eyes that had a black ring around the orange, almost like an orange/black fox.

“... Okay, I was not expecting that.” Alexander replied, staring at the Eldyrannth in front of him with an almost dumbfounded expression.

“I am more than a match for any Psycop, not only can I bounce them out of your mind, but I can lock them within their own, tell you if they try to scan you, and so on. The beauty of it is…” Axelrin said with his mouth before outwardly using his telepathy ‘I don’t even need to say anything out loud, and I can hide my communications from them. They won’t even know I detected them.

Alexander reached up to rub his temple with a finger, “It’s weird just… hearing your voice pop into my head.” He commented.

Axelrin then said “That is because I isolated the connection, rather than make it sound like I was talking-talking. The isolated connection is like a secure tunnel through a firewall of a computer network. I wouldn’t push this too far though; an Eldyrannth mind can easily turn a Tau’ri, Ashaean and even Taru’zenari mind into mush. I do not wish to do that to you; I like you.” Axelrin then smiled.

“I know what Eldyrannthian telepathy can do to someone like me. Ashaean’s have been friends with the Eldyrannth for over a hundred years. I know I can actually trust Eldyrannth, because they have a very strict code when it comes to that. So I can… trust you. Especially when it comes to protecting against a PsyCorp telepath.” Alexander replied.

Axelrin turned back into Axel his Coda’zotoxi form, and turned back around, sitting down. He crossed his legs and got back into his meditative stance, before using the more passive telepathy to sound like he was just talking to him. He closed his eyes again, and said “As always you can trust me, old friend. Was there anything else on your, mind?”

Alexander opened his mouth to say something, but all that came out was a soft chuckle as he understood the joke. He shook his head a little before saying, “There is nothing else, Ambassador. Thank you for your time.”

“Likewise. As always I have found our conversation to be enlightening.” Axel replied.

“The feeling is mutual, my friend.” Alexander said, his tone slightly dry as he massively understated it. He needed to go and think about this revelation on the longest standing Ambassador on the station, “I shall leave you to meditate. Good day to you, Ambassador.” He said.

“And to you, Captain. Take care. I wish you good health, peace and happiness.” Axel replied.

“Likewise.” Alexander said, bowing his head a little before he left the room. When the door closed behind him, he paused for a moment. He then shook his head a little, a soft smile on his lips. Talking with the Epsian Ambassador was always an interesting experience. He chuckled to himself before walking off down the corridor as he headed back to Central Command.

• Love 1

Location: The Wet Holes, Down Below, Andromeda One, Churchill's Legacy, Andromeda Galaxy.

When Jake had finished his epic tale, and managing to extort a further one hundred credits from Kellina, she sat back with a frown furrowing between her eyebrows and a displeased expression, “That’s a real shame, Jakey. That ship of yours was a real beauty.” She said, sounding genuinely upset about it. She had long admired his ship, and secretly envied him for it. She had seen it in action, and it moved so flawlessly it made it look like her own baby ship was a bucket turning in space. The fact that it had more powerful weapon hadn’t even crossed her mind. It was the sheer flying ability of it. Moira was the one more interested in its specifications and the technology that made up the ship. When Kellina had told her sister about the ship, she had found herself on the end of an interrogation as her sister quizzed her on the engine technology, the weapons systems, the power distribution system and other mind-boggling terms that completely escaped her. 

The blonde woman glanced down at the wolf now sitting beside Jake before she looked back up at Jake, “What’s with the wolf? And what are you going to do about your ship?” She asked, leaning forwards as she picked up her long glass again only to realise that it was empty. She picked up the Keza’marakian Vodka bottle that Jen’starr had delivered to the table and poured herself out some before taking a sip. Daniella was by now contently sitting close to Jake, nuzzling his cheek against the Mako’s arm. He reached forwards, seeing that their own glasses were empty, and poured Jake out a generous drink before pouring himself one before putting the bottle down, “You’ll love this.” He then said, picking up his own glass and sipping on it. 

Kellina looked at him before looking back at Jake, leaning forwards a little more, “Don’t hold out on my now, Jakey. We’ve known each other too long for you to do that to me. Are you getting a new ship? If so, what one?” She asked, her blue eyes intent as she stared up at the Mako as Daniella giggled in amusement.

Location: Medlab, Andromeda One, Churchill's Legacy, Andromeda Galaxy.

Christopher arrived at the Medlab, the doors opening up before him as he drew closer. He saw Daniel sitting in his office area and immediately homed in on him, “So what have you got for me?” He asked, coming to a stop and leaning slightly on the console in front of him as he tilted his head slightly to look down at what Daniel was doing on his computer. The Doctor looked up at him, a look of concern etched into his features,

“Chris, we have a problem. I’ve got a couple of patients in. One of them has traces of Dust in their system, and the other was a victim of a forced telepathic probe by a Dust user.” Daniel said, keeping his voice low but urgent.

Slowly, Christopher stood up as a slight scowl made its way onto his face, “You’re kidding me…” He said slowly. Daniel shook his head, before he pressed something on his computer screen before turning as a few pages emerged from the printer. He picked them up, turning in his seat back to Christopher and handing it to him, “There’s all the information you need.” He said. Christopher took the pages and flicked through them, skimming over the information written there. This wasn’t good, because it meant that there was a supply of Dust loose on the station. It was a relatively new drug that had come onto the market, and thus was the first time it had appeared on the station. It originated from Earth, and it seemed to temporarily give people the ability of telepathy. Unfortunately, it also caused them to go on a bit of a power trip and they often found the closest person and telepathically attacked them. They would go through every memory of their life and relive it. It was one of the worst forms of assault as every personal moment of the victim was completely exposed to their attacker. 

“Thanks, Doc… I’ll go take this to the Captain…” Christopher said, ending on a long sigh. Daniel gave him a slight smile before telling him, “I don’t envy you.”

Christopher shot him a dirty look, “Dick.” He accused, causing Daniel to chuckle as Christopher turned and walked out of the room with the papers clutched firmly in hand.

• Love 1

Jake, who had been sitting there with a bit of a grin across his muzzle. Looked up at her, and stayed silent, although when Daniella poured him out another glass, he said "Cheers, Daniella." He then looked at Kellina again before looking down at Rougey, "Ah... My Wolf; is a Nexo'sinara, a species in the EPSI Federation that is actually it's own member state. He's as sentient as you and I; he can talk too. They're highly telepathic and telekinetic species, and they originate from a long since self-genocided ancient species... A long story." To which Rougey said "The Exoenecstarr Sinundaeus. A species that had a sub group of them kill everyone else under some false belief that the entire species needed to immolate themselves and others in order for the whole to achieve Ascension; to exist in ascension beyond the matter and material that is this existence and to exist as energy and thought. Only to be lied to, conned and ultimately murdered for nothing. Such a shame, and a waste of life."

Jake added "It's a long story... But these Exoenecstarr people are actually some kind of distant relatives of Keza's, Mako's, Coda's, Zeta's, perhaps a few Eldyrannth and Sexi'zatazi or something. That were taken from Earth during the period of time between minus eight thousand B.C and one-one-hundred A.D by an alien; and dumped on another planet hundreds of millions of years in the past, to blend together into one homogeneous species which then evolved from there. I think the alien was ultimately trying to run experiments on them. I'll have to show you the history files we have recorded on this situation at some point; even I will admit, it is pretty fucked up... Even by our standards. Well what was hidden of the Exoenecstarr Sinundaeus, was the group that would eventually become these people. Although they have physically regressed somewhat. There was another group I think that lived in Black-Star voids that evolved into creatures unlike the Nexo'sinara here. So as you can see it's a long story mate. This one is a bit of a rouge; that's why I called him Rougey. We kind of... How you say: adopted each other." Rougey then added "No; you call me Rougey because Kaylarvara calls me Rougey and you find her attractive. 

"Well no shit. She's hawt." Jake replied before he then took his glass and took a sip out of it of which after he swallowed said, "As for my ship; it's been taken by to the EPSI Federation. I've gotten myself an Imperial Clipper which is being built specially for me; and will be delivered to the station at some point over the next few days. It's way more technologically advanced than my all Vulture; and has some pretty fucking sick upgrades. My federal arrest warrants and bounties have all been deactivated too. I'm a free man that's allowed in and out of EPSI Federation Space, but I am still shunned from Mako'demerian Space... And some packs might shoot on sight. Meh; it's progress, I guess." Jake smiled before drinking his drink. For some reason; he automatically moved his arm that Daniella was resting against and instead pulled it around Daniella so that he was holding the Taru'zenari against him. Jake then looked around and asked "Where's Moira?"

Edited by Neptune
Correcting a name
  • Love 1

Location: The Wet Holes, Down Below, Andromeda One, Churchill's Legacy, Andromeda Galaxy.

As Jake described this ‘Nexo’sinara’, Kellina tilted her head down at the wolf in question before looking back up at the Mako with a raised eyebrow, “Shit, really?” She asked in response to his description of him. To her, he looked like an Earth-wolf. Not that she had ever seen one past images she had seen in her children’s books as well as images in various databases. But then she had never set foot on Earth, so she wasn’t even sure if the species was even alive. She jumped a little when the wolf began to talk, speaking as easily as they did. It certainly confirmed his status of sentience, and there was little she could do to argue against it. But a lot of what he spoke about went over her head. She had no idea what he was talking about regarding Ascension, as to her that was nothing more than the fantasy of those afraid of what awaited them in death. So all she could really say was, “Well. Shit.”

Her eyes shifted back to Jake as he started talking again, explaining the origin of these Exoenecstarr people and the fact that they were descended from people that had pretty much been kidnapped and experimented on. When he introduced the wolf sitting next to him as ‘Rougey’, she just gave the wolf a little nod before saying, “Even though I have no idea about half of what you just said, it sounds pretty fucked up. I guess I’ll have to take you up on that offer to look at that shit. I’m clearly missing a lot of context here.” 

Her long fingers played with her glass as he explained that he was getting a new ship in a few days time. She was excited to see what this one looked like. It sounded like something that would be sexy. She really hoped that Jake would let her see the ship and, if she was really lucky, he would even let her fly it. She was drawn from her fantasies when he spoke about his Federal arrest warrants and bounties being fixed. She knew it was something that he was having a hard time with. And even though he was still shunned by his home state, at least he wasn’t a wanted man anymore, “I don’t know how you managed to pull that off. But congratulations, mate.” Kellina said, raising her glass as if in toast before sipping on it. Daniella snuggled happily into Jake, seeming far more interested in cuddling the Mako than he was in the conversation, as Kellina tilted her head back at the question of Moira. A sigh left her lips before she raised her head once again,

“Where do you think? Moping around on the ship. I did offer for her to come here and have a drink but she refused, as usual. But you know her; not much of a party goer unlike me. She would much rather sit and tinker with her toys than come and have a drink with me. Which is a shame, because I had wanted to celebrate this big win with her.” Kellina said, her lower lip stuck out a little in a pout. She then sighed and said, “Ah, well. I wouldn’t want to change her, no matter how much of a pain in the arse she is. I’m pretty sure she feels the same way about me… even if she did threaten to make me clean up the entire ship with nothing but a toothbrush.” She pulled a face, “A fucking toothbrush. I’ll be old and ready to move into a retirement home by the time I’m finished.” She shuddered. 

Location: Command Centre (Bridge), Andromeda One, Churchill's Legacy, Andromeda Galaxy.

Sitting in the small area that served as a small office, placed on a slightly raised platform to the side of the bridge, Captain Alexander was lounging back in his seat, his elbow leaning on the arm of his chair as he was rubbing his thumb over his fingertips as he was watching his First Officer, Karla at the main Command Console as she was directing ships in and out of the docking bay. A job that he was glad he didn’t have to do, at least not all the time. Karla was good at it, with a no nonsense approach and she didn’t allow impatient pilots to bully her. He turned his head away from watching her as the door to the command deck opened and Christopher walked in, out of uniform and clutching some papers. He smiled in greeting and said, “Hello, Chris.” 

Christopher approached, stepping up onto the raised platform, resting his hip against the console as he said, “Captain, we’ve got a problem.” He handed over the papers which Alexander took and glanced at. Just reading the word ‘dust’ made him sit up straight with a frown, “I hadn’t realised it had gotten out this far. Daniel is absolutely sure?” He asked.

“Absolutely certain, sir. Which means there is a supplier of Dust on this station.” Christopher said, causing Alexander to sigh and lean back in his seat again, now running his fingers over his lips thoughtfully. He then pulled his fingers away and asked, “Any leads?”

“No. I’m planning on going to talk to Janaea, see if she knows anything.” Christopher replied with a slight shake of his head.

“Good. Do that. I will…” Alexander trailed off for a moment as an idea came to him, “... talk to someone else. See if they are willing to help.” 

“Aye, Captain.” Christopher said with a nod before he turned and left the command deck. Alexander stared at the paper for a few moments before he leaned towards the console in front of him, sending a text message to Ambassador Axel, asking if he was free in an hour to talk to him in his office. 

• Love 1

• 4 months later...

Jake listened as Kellina answered the question of where Moira was. It made sense that she was tinkering away at something on board their ship, rather can coming out to party. It was a shame that she didn’t even come out for a drink at least, given the fact that he had found a birthday present for her, in place of the one he got for her for her birthday just gone, that she didn’t like. Jake had mistakenly thought that Moira would have approved of a case of self-sealing stem bolts, but she did not. So he had offered to do better, and now that he could go to and from the Federation without fear of being apprehended by the Police of FCI he was able to gain access to one of their internal markets. This is where he found a two for one sale on sonic probes - which was a type of multi-tool commonly referred to as a sonic screwdriver. He was wanting to give this to her, but it looked as if it was going to have to wait. 

With this on his mind, he continued to listen to Kellina as he took a sip of his alcoholic beverage. His eyes widened a little as she went on about cleaning a ship with a toothbrush, although it took him a moment to realise that not all Tau’ri had access to sonic tooth cleaners, which was so prevalent in the EPSI Federation, so much so that even he used one on his ship. He vaguely knew what a Tau’ri toothbrush was, and from what she was talking about, it was antiquated technology, even by their standards. Jake wasn’t sure what a ‘retirement home’ was, as no one in the EPSI Federation aged to that extent due to the nanites. The golden age of nano-technology they called it, changing what it means to be alive. However he took a well educated guess and pictured a home where old wrinkly people shuffled about in their pyjamas and slippers. At this particularly potent mental image, he chuckled and said “I can’t imagine you in a retirement home assuming you mean a kind of residential unit where old folks live… We don’t have that in the Federation. I think you’d be kicked out very quickly for being a ‘Disruptive Influence’ on the other residents… Nah- I have a mental image of you drinking the other residents under the table. That’s even if you get in their in the first place.”

As Axel continued his mediation with the smells and combustive ingredients of his incenses carried him down his path of relaxed awareness a computer he linked into the Andromeda Station’s systems, in his quarters bleeped at him. All EPSI Federation computers spoke with a voice very similar to the current president; Talivana Eldyrannth, as a default setting. It was just a coincidence however that the computer interface was called ‘T.A.L.I’ which meant Technologically Adaptive Live Interface. It was something that was able to understand just like a person, and talk like a person, when in fact it wasn’t. People often called the voice ‘Tali’ because of the person it was modeled off of. 

Tali informed Axel, “You have received a text message.” 

“Ignore.” Axel replied. 

“It is from Captain Alexander.” She didn’t need to say that it was marked as urgent, as she knew from experience that Axel would be inclined to listen to it at that point.  

And like she predicted, “Very well, what does it say?” Axel asked. 

“Message reads:” Tali said before playing it in Alexander’s voice, “Axel, please meet me in my office in one hour. It is important. Kind regards, Captain Alexander Churchill, Commander of Andromeda One.” Tali then said back in her own voice, “The rest of the message includes his standard footer. I’m sure that you don’t need to be told that it’s for the intended recipient only.” 

“Ah-no er, Tali. We need to have a little chat about you being able to use other people's voices like that." Axel replied before commenting in a sarcastic voice, "That isn't dystopic in anyway shape or form and certainly couldn't be abused in the wrong hands..." Before asking, "How about we stop doing that eh? Can you - like disable that feature?"

Tali then replied, "SimuVoice is a standard feature to read text messages in the voice of the sender if said patterns are on file. I collect samples when new contacts talk to you, which is encrypted on my internal database. It is not intended for use in anything other than that, Axel. My voice is after all based on Talivana's and you seem to have no problem with that. However I have disabled SimuVoice, which means I will no longer collect voice patterns. If you'd like I can delete all the SimuVoice patterns that I have on file."

Axel smiled and his head dropped down as he shook it before saying, "Please copy the message into my archive, and logs. Thank you Tali.” before adding, "And yes. Please delete them, the Tau'ri have different standards when it comes to privacy. Hell. We have standards too, and it could be seen as a breach of them. Talivana consented to have her voice pattern as the default, Alexander did not consent... I appreciate what you're doing, and sure - in the EPSI Federation, that's rather innocuous, to most people, but not me."

“Done. Would you like to enable do not disturb mode for the rest of your mediation, Axel?” Tali asked. 

“Yes please, only urgent requests from those on the can always disturb list may contact me, thank you.” Axel replied, as he tried to get back into his mediation.

“Very well. Setting set. I will alert you ten minutes before the meeting to see Alexander.” Tali replied back to him to which Axel replied, “Thank you. Oh and let Alexander know that I received the message, and I will be there.” Tali then gave a soft bleep of acknowledgement before going back to being absolutely silent. Axel found himself being able to relax once again. 

Whilst he was relaxing back into his mediation Tali sent a message back to Alexander,

--- From the Office of the Epsus Federal Council of Ambassadors ---

Honourable Captain Alexander,

I have confirmed your meeting in one hour, at your office on board Andromeda One. I  will be there as you have requested.

Procedamus in pace,

Axel Coda’zotoxi
EPSI Federation Ambassador

• Love 1

“I would turn that retirement home into a damn party house, that’s what I could do!” Kellina said with a fierce grin, glad that Jake was able to see just how unsuited she was to a place like that. She then shook her head and said, “In all honesty, I think I will be flying ships until I drop dead of old age. I’ve got too much of a rebellious spirit to be put down so easily. I would rather stay active into my declining years rather than rot away in a home for the decrepit. That would be a really horrible way to die. To just waste away.” Her body seemed to convulse as a shudder ran up her spine, and she pulled a face. This topic had turned a rather depressive turn, and she groped for a way to change it. This wasn’t exactly how she wanted to spend her time celebrating. 

“Well, that sounds like a rather dull place to be. I don’t think I would want to visit one of these retirement homes.” Daniella commented as he took a sip of his own drink.

Kellina tilted her head up a little before she tilted it slightly as she looked down at Daniella, “Nah, you really don’t. Most are miserable as all fuck. Just old people just sitting and waiting to die. I mean, some aren’t bad, but most are pretty bad. I would rather retire to Ashaea… if they would even let me in.” Kellina said, before grinning, “I kinda doubt it, though. I am a bit of a trouble maker, and I make no fucking apologies for that.”

“Then I think I like you.” Daniella said with a grin, “But you never know unless you try and ask them. You never know, they might.” 

“Ha! I doubt it!” Kellina snorted, picking up her drink and taking a gulp of it before deciding to move away from the conversation relating to retirement homes, “So what kind of specs does this Imperial Clipper have?” She asked, before leaning forwards with a twinkle in her eye, “Although I suppose the next question might be; can I fly with it at some point? You know I’m good for paying.” She then winked at Jake to indicate that the payment might not necessarily be credits. 

Location: Command Centre (Bridge), Andromeda One, Churchill's Legacy, Andromeda Galaxy.

Alexander had been busy reading a report on the power usage of the station, and the engineers plans to help cut down on power consumption while affecting the station as little as possible when his console beeped, informing that he had a reply regarding his request. He opened up the messaged, pleased to note that he had a confirmation on the meeting. He smiled before closing the message and putting it into the archive before he turned back to his report. It was a good way to wait out the hour, while appearing to be busy so that no one bothered him unless there was something important that needed his attention. He glanced up at Karla, who was dealing with a rude pilot in her usual brisk and no-nonsense manner. He smiled slightly before looking back at the report to the sound of her sarcastic voice.

By the time he had finished the report, he glanced at time to see that an hour had almost elapsed. He knew that Axel would be very prompt and would likely appear right on the hour dot. That was one thing he liked about Axel; the man was always conspicuous about his timekeeping. When Alexander set a time for a meeting, he could expect Axel to turn up on time. So he stood up, looking over at Karla who looked back at him, “I will be in my office for a meeting.” She nodded in acknowledgement before she turned back to the command console. Alexander left the main command deck, almost bumping into one of the technicians who seemed to be hurrying and not paying attention to where they were going. They let out a mumbled apology before stepping around Alexander and walking off.

Alexander shook his head a little before he made his way to his office which was dimly lit. The lights brightened when he entered the room, revealing his slightly curved desk with the comfortable desk chair behind it. In front of it were two chairs facing the desk. Opposite the desk, was a small seating area with a sofa, coffee table and two comfortable arm chairs. The desk itself was quite clean, with a computer terminal and a pen holder that held a pen that his old commanding officer had gifted him as a congratulations present for getting this command. He sat down in his chair, relaxing with a soft sigh as he waited for Axel to make an appearance.

Location: Promenade, Commercial District, Andromeda One, Churchill's Legacy, Andromeda Galaxy.

Aimi hummed softly to herself as she sidestepped a couple of merchants that were having a heated arguments about the pricing of table cloths. Her ear twitched towards the two of them, as they couldn’t seem to decide if the patterned cloths should be priced higher than the plain ones. It amused her that they were arguing over something so mundane. She shook her head a little as she continued walking through the Promenade, looking at the shops that lined the corridor, where merchants were cajoraling passersby to come and buy their wares. She came to a stop by one stall, which had a number of interesting of cups of varying designs. The merchant was a rather young looking Tau’ri gave her what he thought was a charming smile and waved a hand over the items,

“Hello, young lady! I have many curious items from all across the galaxy!” He picked up a cup made from a silvery metal. It reminded her of a champagne flute glass, with an ornate flower pattern wrapping around the stem, “This is from the planet Berahla! The people are long extinct, and only a few examples of their workmanship exist!” He claimed. Aimi tilted her head as she studied the cup for a few moments before nodding her head a little, “Really? I didn’t realise the Berahlarian people were extinct. Last week I had heard that they settled a new colony and were thriving.” 

The man looked a little startled, clearly not anticipating that she knew that. He then looked a little more nervous as he picked up what looked like a shallow bowl, “How about this Santrelian drinking bowl? It’s used for their sacred ceremonies to celebrate the celebration of Hyrndhrll.” He sounded almost pleading and Aimi had to resist the urge to smile at him.

“Celebration of Jynt’hall, actually. It’s their equivalent of Fyaemuraí… or Christmas for you. But you’re close, although it’s not really sacred.” Aimi said, causing the man to look quite annoyed that his potential customer was clearly more informed than he is. He put the bowl down with a frown before picking up a wooden cup, “How about this Tic Tic cup? It’s rare and quite valuabl-”

He didn’t even finish his sentence when Aimi interrupted him, “That cup is mass produced and you can buy a hundred for a credit.” She then shook her head, “I think you need to rethink your strategy, dear merchant. Lying to your customers isn’t going to win you many hearts.” She then politely bowed her head slightly, “Good day to you, sir. Procedamus in pace.” She ignored his outraged sputterings as she moved off to look at anything else that was on sale. She had hardly moved on, when someone bumped into her. The man gave a mumbled apology and went to move on however her hand snapped out and gripped his wrist in a tight hold. The man turned back to her, a flash of annoyance crossing his features before he asked, “What?”

“I would like my credit chit back, thank you.” She said politely, as she turned his wrist over to reveal that he had her credit chit clenched tightly in his hand. She pried it out of his finger as she said in a calm tone, “It is pointless to steal it, unless your goal was simply to cause me annoyance. It is isomorphic technology, meaning that only I can use it. Now, begone, before I call security.” She let go of him and watched as he scurried off to be lost in the milling crowds. She shook her head with a sigh before turning around and moving on.

She soon came across a stall that was selling various pieces of cloth in various types, and patterns. Aimi stepped up to the stall and looked at what they had to offer. She reached out and picked up one piece of cloth that was a deep red in colour. It felt like silk and seemed to glide over her fingers. She quite liked it, even though she didn’t wear red very often. It would make a lovely Coda’zotoxian robe. It would require an underlayer though, perhaps of a cotton-like material, so that it would be comfortable. But she figured she would make something that would work. Sewing was something she liked doing in her spare time, even if she never wore the resulting clothing.

“See something you like?” A voice asked, drawing her from her thoughts and she looked up at the stall owner who gave her a smile. She smiled back and held up the red silk material, “I would like six metres of this, please. Do you have a more cotton-like material… black in colour?” She asked.

“I most certainly do.” The stall over said with an easy grin as he moved around the stall before returning a moment later with a roll of black material. Aimi fingered it for a few moments, feeling the high quality of the material, “That’s perfect. I’ll have six metres of this as well.” She said.

“Sure thing, ma’am.” The stall over said, taking both rolls in hand and moving away slightly to cut off what she needed. She pulled out her credit chit, and when the man returned with the cloth rolled up in a bag for her, she pressed the credit chit into the payment slot of the machine he held out to her. She then took the bag, thanking the man before she moved on to see if there was anything else she could buy this day. She passed a couple of Tic Tics who were talking in excited tones as they quickly passed her by, one of them making wild gestures. She smiled a little as she moved past them before turning her head towards the stalls once again before she stopped by a jewelry stall to see what there was available. The man at the stall came closer with a smile and asked, “Is there anything that takes your fancy? You’re clearly a woman of good taste-” His eyes lingered on the tree necklace around her throat, “- and I have a lot here that I think you might like. Such as this bracelet. It’s twenty-four carat gold and the design is just beautiful.” He picked up an open box, presenting it with a flourish showing a bracelet that had a flower design etched into it. Aimi observed the bracelet and let out a non committal, “Mm, that’s quite nice.”

The man put it back, before picking up a medallion that had a bird design, with a red stone in the middle, “This has come all the way from the Milky Way Galaxy, from the Gravftel system. Quite common there, but rare on this side of the wormhole. Perhaps this is more to your liking?” He asked, tilting an eyebrow up in a questioning manner. Aimi smiled at him before shaking her head, “No, not really. It’s pretty, but not really my thing.”

The man put the piece of jewelry back and asked, “Perhaps you’re after to sell?” He asked, looking once again at her necklace.

Aimi laughed softly and shook her head, reaching up to brush her fingers against the purple gold. It caused the pulsating lights to brighten for a moment as she felt the thrum of energy through it, “You couldn’t afford this. Besides, I would never part with it. Not for all the money you could offer me. It was given to me by someone very precious. It’s value is more than the materials that make it up. No… I was just browsing. I don’t think there’s anything that I like here. It’s all a bit showy. I prefer my jewelry to be meaningful, or simple.”

“That’s a shame. A beautiful woman like yourself deserves only the best.” The man said, laying it on thick with the flattery. 

“That’s not going to work on me.” Aimi told him with a smile. 

“It was worth a try.” He said with a rueful grin as he stepped back away from her, “Well then, please have a good day.”

“And you, Procedamus in pace my friend.” Aimi said, bowing her head slightly before she moved off. She had seen all she wanted to see for the moment, and there was nothing she really needed that badly. But she was now feeling a little hungry, so she decided to head towards the food court to see if there was anything that took her fancy.

• Love 1

Colab Post: This post was a collaboration between myself and @Neptune who did the Christopher, Kal'taour, and Alexander. We did this over at Google Docs before transferring it to here on EcchiDreams. 

Whilst Daniella and Kellina coversed with each other briefly, Jake took a sip of his own drink and continued trying to picture Kelina in a nursing home, all old with crooked hair, perhaps naked with a bottle of booze in one hand, a spliff between her fingers in the other hand and a lampshade on her head, partying an infinite percent more than the others around her. He could also picture the nursing home in an absolute state, as well as a wheelchair which had clearly been modified with some kind of jets on the back of it, as if a frat house had been through there. He drunk more of his whiskey. When she looked at him again, and asked if she could fly it at some point and made a reference about paying followed by a wink, he grinned back at her for a moment. 

“I don’t see why not, you’ve flown my Vulture before and it’s pretty much the same kind of controls, although I will need to take it out to the edge of the system, and I’ll give the command deck a heads up, for weapons testing. You know, blast the crap outta some asteroids or something.” Jake replied however Jen’starr called out “Not under the influence you’re fucking not. You’ll fucking sobre up first.”

“Alright Mother!” Jake called back in a sarcastic tone however Jen’starr just replied, “Damn straight boy.” Leaving Jake giving Kellina a look he had given her a thousand times. Jake then looked back at Kellina and said, “Right, well… As for specs. It’s a Eldyrannthian variant of the Imperial Clipper, and it’s the small one because that’s the smallest one that will even fit on the station’s largest landing pad that and the next size up would require eight crew members. It’s kind of like a mashup of the Taru’zenarian version so it has an Eldyrannthian style power core, it has transwarp drives because the ship is too small for quantum slipstream drives, and it has impulse engines rather than frameshift technology like my Vulture started out with. The weapons is pretty much awesome, by default it should have four beam weapons or missile launchers in the two large hardpoints and the two medium sized hard points, but instead it has torpedo launchers in the large hardpoints and pulsed phaser cannons in the medium hardpoints. In addition it has two wide arc phaser arrays along the top of the ship and the bottom. It’s got an Aymar style cloaking device, and Eldyrannthian Shield Generators that are strong against energy weapons, although Anti-Exotic shit might be a problem… Thankfully the only people we know of with Anti-Exotic shit is the Daedra. It’s pretty damn good. Oh and it’s a Talium-Neutronium-Negatium alloy mix hull. I also have a holosuite in there as well as some replicators. Although I need to get some credit for it. However the downsize of all of this, because of the limited space is that I can only carry about seventy units of cargo. That might be a hard one to explain though...”

Jen’starr saw the look and would have said something, however the entrance of Christopher drew her attention. When he neared her, she said, “Twice in one hour. I would say you have a problem, Chris. Another orange juice?”

“Nah. I’ve come for the company.” Christopher said back with a tang of sarcasm. Jen’starr chuckled and said “I’ll get you a glass of water. On the house… I insist.” She then walked off to get Christopher a small glass which she put some ice cubes in and filled with water, this didn’t take her very long, and she came back with the glass and put it down in front of Chrisopher, before saying “Now you’re a customer again. Just like that.”

“Best water on the station.” Christopher said, picking up his glass and sipping it.

“Not sure that’s got anything to do with the water, it’s more like the company you keep.” Jen’starr replied before smiling at him, as she winked once.

“Probably.” Christopher admitted with a slightly nervous laugh as that comment made what he was about to ask even more awkward, and yet to anyone listening to it was a naturally flowering conversation of a different meaning, “Speaking off… I would like to have a chat with you in private.”

Jen’starrs smile melted into a smirk and said “Oh finally, Christopher. I bet you do. Well then, big boy, why don’t you step into my office, and you can take me over the desk, like I know you’ve always secretly wanted to do.” Christopher let out another nervous laugh, “Aha… yeah…” He said as he heard a few snickers around them.

“Kal'taour; I’m going to leave you with the bar for a little bit… I’m goin’ on break.” Jen’starr called out to her Zeta’mulurian assistant who gave her a thumbs up and called back “Have fun, boss!” 

Jen’starr then jerked her head over to the section of the bar against the wall, and walked down to it, where she opened up the gate to allow Christopher in behind the bar. Once he was behind the bar, she lead him through the back of the bar as Kal’taour closed the gate. She then walked in through the door into a corridor and lead Christopher to her office which was through the door on the far end. Her office was clean and minimal, there was a strange green cactus that seemed to be glowing purple in the corner of the room next to a sofa and her desk against one of the walls with another door. She sat down on the sofa and patted the space next to her for Chrisopher. Along her wall behind her desk was what looked like a schedule with coded language and on the opposite site was pictures of banned patrons, including several ambassadors who were in the ‘Temporarily Banned’ section, and several shady characters known by Chrisopher in the ‘Permanently Banned’ section. 

Christopher looked around the office for a few moments before saying, “You’ve got a nice office here…” He sat down next to her on the sofa before adding, “I hope you didn’t misread me out there, by the way.” 

Jen’starr smiled and replied, “It’s quaint, modest. But I like it. The walls are actually smart walls, and I can change whats on them from my computer, and er… No. No I didn’t. But if this is a quick five minute thing, you might not want to leave the same way you came in. People will be thinking you’re a quick silver or something. Luckily there’s a door there that goes up to the Pleasure Bar, and another set of stairs there that go up to the Stuffed Holes, where you can sneak out from the staff room and quickly duck out onto the top floor of the promenade.”

“Ah, that’s good, because I don’t have the time for that anyway.” Christopher said, before realising that what he said could be taken that, even though he had no time for that today, he wasn’t averse to the idea. He cleared his throat a little before asking, “Either way… are you aware of a drug called Dust?”

Jen’starr blinked at him and asked, “Dust? Daedra Dust, Ice Dust, Glitter Dust, Daedra Dust Mark Two, Iso Dust, Kassa Dust, Kraeeg’s Dus-” She started listing off all of the drugs she knew called ‘Dust’ to which she was interrupted by Chrispoher shaking his head. 

“No, it’s just called Dust.” Christopher replied, pulling out a picture and showing her a picture of a sealy bag with white dust in it, causing her to ask, “Cocaine?”

“If I was asking about Cocaine, I would call it Cocaine. No, this is a new drug that’s been floating around the Earth Alliance. It stimulates the telepathic gene in humans, but it’s highly unstable.” Christopher explained.

“Oh~! Yes that was going to be my next one. The EPSI Federation designated it: Teletropic Dust, because of the telepathic effects as well as the psychotropic effects; to some degree. I don’t usually approve of mashing two names up together but in this case it is mashed up, Telepathy and Psychotropics, it’s a telepathic psychotropic. Man I love that word… But yes, I came across a sample of it down here actually, I saw that was being sold, bought a sample and had it shipped off to Hanshaerin Eldyrannth in a medical samples container.” She explained. 

“Okay… I’m going to let that pass. Because it’s beginning to turn up in larger amounts on the station. We’ve already had several victims in the infirmary who’s been… well, mind-raped for a lack of a better term.” Christopher said.

“You know me, I want to make sure I know what’s going on under my nose. I got a very detailed report back from Doctor Talrin Eldyrannth and Doctor Hanshaerin Eldyrannth who ran it through toxicology and a battery of tests. The nearest that they could tell, was that it was synthesised from the ground up in a lab, a very well funded lab, possibly Government or rouge agency type, it was created on purpose to latch onto the genes involving telepathy to enhance it and let people take a … I think Hanshaerin described it as a Universal Rights violating joyride in people’s minds, living out their entire lives in minutes or something. It’s effective on Taru’zenari individuals, not at all effective in Zeta’s. Very interesting stuff… It’s also fucking banned from my bar.” Jen’starr replied, before asking “Would you like a copy of the report? We’re allies so… I can share it, it’s not classified either.”

“Yes, please. Daniel would love to get his hands on it. Especially if it has any information that can help him treat the victims of these Universal Rights Violations.” Christopher said.

“Yeah… Unfortunately, I only had a small sample which isn’t, or rather wasn’t enough for them to do a battery of tests involving treatments. There are a few things that I think they crossed off the list, but other than that, they never found a treatment. They want more, but I told them to get it themselves, because I won’t allow it in my fuckin’ bar… But if you happen to intercept a shipment of them, let me know, and I will let them know, so that they can send a medical ship…” She replied earnestly. 

“Well that’s the thing. It’s only recently reared its head on the station. I was hoping you might be able to point me towards potential smugglers?” Christopher asked to which Jen’starr replied, “I only know the dealers I’m afraid, and I ain’t going to be snitchin’. I’m sorry, but I have a business to run, and if they ain’t bringing it into my bar anymore, then I don’t have a problem. But I’ll tell you what, if they do, and you just happen to be here when they do, then it ain’t snitching is it? It’s fair game.”

“I didn’t think you would snitch, but can’t blame a guy for trying. But I’ll take the fair game.” Christopher replied. 

“Speak to Axel. He might be able to convince EPSIMedical to send a medical ship out this way to give you a hand if you need it. They will also use their technology to help your doctors come up with a neutralisation agent or treatment, if it is indeed possible. I really don’t think they’d object… But I’ll get you that report. Do you have a datapad?” She then asked. 

“I’ll keep that in mind, thanks Jen’starr… and yes, I do.” Christopher replied, pulling out a datapad that he usually kept on his person, to help record notes of evidence and conversations with people. She took it from him and went over to her computer and put it down on her wireless interface. She then typed away at her computer on the console to locate the document that was required. Of course her pad was automatically making a copy of everything on Chrisopher’s datapad, but she didn’t pay any attention to it, she copied over to the document and said “You’re still working on the byte scale, aren’t you? This document is about two gigabytes big, and the accompanying raw data is about twelve gigabytes… Plenty of space on this…” 

“Copying my files off of there again, are you?” Christopher asked with a slight tilt of his head as his eyebrow arched up.

Jen’starr chuckled lightly and said “Guilty~! Nah, it does it automatically… I’ll delete it, you can watch me do it if you want.”

“I think I will. I like you Jen’starr, but I don’t think it’s wise to really trust you.” Christopher told her as he got up and came over to her computer, which of course was entirely in Epsian which he didn’t understand, so he asked “Can I see this stuff in English?”

“Sure.” She replied before picking up a visor, which looked like a set of glasses and handed them to him, which he looked at before putting them on, to see that everything was translated instantly. He had to lower the glasses and look around the lenses and look back through them repeatedly to see it change depending on if he was looking through the lense or not, “Okay, that’s genuinely impressive… Can I keep these?”

“...No. You can buy them though, they’re like dirt cheap on the Unity One station… Or I can buy you a pair a gift from one friend to another… Or buy them for you, so you give me the credits. They’re universal translator visors. Neat, I know.” Jen’starr said as Chrisopher read the screen which indicated that the data on his datapad was encrypted, but easily broken by her machine, and he knew this because his password was on the screen itself ‘!~L0on3yToOns~!’ And he made a mental note to change that password later, “God damnit Jennaea…” 

“Sorry. It is automatic.” She replied indifferently, “Just like in real life you should watch where you stick your peripherals… Or in this case, who’s going to put your peripherals into their ports.”

Christopher paused for a moment, frowning a little before he said in realisation, “Ah.. sex joke.” To which she grinned and said “And a computer joke.” She then looked at the screen as it said ‘Transfer Complete’ and she reached over for the datapad and gave it to Christopher, who took it and said “But for you, it’s a sex joke first.”

“Yes, it is.” She replied before looking at the now decrypted files which seemed to be automatically scanned by her computer, and read ‘No incriminating evidence against you, found’ To which she said “Then I’m not interested. Delete!” She then deleted all the stuff it had copied off of the datapad as Christopher said, “Like I’d give you a datapad that has information on current investigations on to you, to you.”

“Well… I would think less of you if you did. One of your men, didn’t. He came by here last month with a datapad. That’s how I knew you were looking into my - well how we say, comm logs, and allowed me to nuke my tracks.” She told him with a chuckle. 

“I did wonder how you knew. I always keep my datapads nice and light when I come to see you.” Christopher said. 

“Yeah, and feed me with false information, no doubt, eh, Chris~?” Jen’starr asked with a big grin.

“Of course, Jennaea~!” Christopher said with false glee.

“Yeah. I learnt not to trust that kind of information from you, you cheeky git. I’m like a Kaine Coda all up in this shit. I don’t make the same mistake twice.” She replied with a flutterance of her eyelashes. 

“I would be disappointed if you did.” Christopher told her.

“Good. Now that should have the information you need… And er… I had it translated it into English for you. Rather… Doctor Talrin did, fucking language nerd. He said that you should be able to understand it… Well… At least as it’s written, I’d understand if you didn’t understand the medical jargon.” She said pointing at the datapad. 

“That’s what Doc Dan is for. He would understand it. Medical jargon is not my thing. I know basic first aid, but that’s about it.” Christopher replied.

“I’m glad to help… But if I do hear anything, like big shipments coming in… I’ll make use of dead drop Tango-Alpha Four Six One-Delta.” 

“Alright, thanks Jannaea. I really appreciate it.” Christopher said with a smile before saying “Right, I’d better get this to Doctor Dan.” He turned to walk off so that he could take the back entrance.

“Visor…” Jen’starr said holding out her hand for the visor that he was wearing. He stopped, looking at her blankly for a moment before he realised what she was talking, “Oh, shit, sorry. I didn’t realise I was still wearing it.” He said, taking them off and handing them back. 

She chuckled in response and said “Talium and Negatium, makes them incredibly light, so that you forget that you’re wearing them… So it’s cool.” She took the visor back and put it down on her desk. 

“Take care, babes~!” She called out after him as he crossed the doorway to the spiral staircase. Although he didn’t respond as the door closed behind him. She sat in her chair and said “Fuck I love that man.” 

Location: Ambassadorial Quarters, Suite of Epsus (Axel's Room).

The moment Axel got back into the zone of his meditations his door chime sounded off, to which irked him a little, but he ignored it. However shortly after the chirpy little chime sounded off in the room again as Axel said “For crying out… Tali we need to have a little chat about what ‘Do not disturb’ means.” 

“When would you like to schedule this conversation?” Tali asked.

Axel opened his eyes and looked deeply unimpressed, for a moment he didn’t say anything, but when he did speak he said, “Don’t get snippy with me.”

“I shall file it away as an unspecified appointment.” Tali replied to which Axel said “Remind me also to get an engineer from the EPSI Federation to take a look at your files.”

“When would you like to schedule my maintenance appointment?” Tali asked.

Axel frowned and looked even more unimpressed, before the door chimed again. He then sighed loudly before saying “Come in…” The door opened to reveal one of the ambassadors for the Andromeda Galaxy, as usual he smelt like he had a little bit too much to drink, and was indeed acting as if he had been hitting the bottle too hard, he usually spoke with such a courtly tone, and an oddly Czechoslovakian accent, despite not being from Earth, let alone Czech Republic, “Ah! Axel my man. Just the Epsian I wanted to see!” 

“Well you did buzz my door three times. So I’d imagine so… Unless you’ve lost your way to your Unic’s quarters again.” Axel replied.

“Unic?!” The other ambassador said indignantly before laughing, “He’s not a Unic. A bit spineless maybe… Not er- quite right in the head, perhaps but I assure you I’ve not cut off his… Well. Ehm.” He coughed nervously. 

Axel looked up at him and said, “Hollan. What is that you want? I hate to sound rude, but I’m trying to meditate.” 

Hollan then seemed to put on an act, like he cared that he was disturbing Axel, and yet Axel didn’t need to be telepathic to know that it was an act, he could see right through it, “Ah, that’s a pity. Hopefully I can get an answer from you quickly so I don’t take up more than necessary of your… valuable time, Ambassador Coda’zotoxi.” 

Axel sighed again and stood up gracefully before looking at Ambassador Hollan and asked, “Well then more to point, what’s the matter?”

Ambassador Hollan stepped in so that the door closed behind him and asked “Is your damn computer recording everything I’m saying?”

“Always.” Axel replied.

“Well can it not? I don’t consent, or whatever it is to make you stop. I want this strictly off the record.” Ambassador Hollan replied to which Axel said “Yeah-no, that’s not going to happen. What is it? I mean if you’re just after some questions being answered then there’s really no need, it’s just administration and mainly note taking.”

The Ambassador looked around before saying “Gah. Very well then. Does your Government take part in… How do we say? Making people disappear?” He then asked.

Axel blinked at him and asked “Disappear as in..? What? Cloak them? Hide them in a cupboard?”

“More like make them disappear in space. Assassination’s. You know… ‘Make them disappear’, although I wouldn’t mind cloaking technology. That could come in handy if I want to watch the ladies-...” He chuckled before seeing Axel’s stern expression which soon killed that. 

“No.” Axel replied. 

Hollan then said “Okay, maybe you call it something different, like ‘Extra Judicial Killings’ then?” 

Axel then folded his arms and frowned, “Absolutely not. The EPSI Federation Government does not take part in such activities. Even if it did, it would not take part in actions for other states like this. We have a bounty board of which all criminals are wanted ‘Alive’ to face justice, not ‘Dead or Alive’ and certainly not ‘Dead’. We’ve actually been down that road before and it’s not something we’re keen on revisiting, to be perfectly honest with you, Hollan.” 

“Pah! Your people shoot and kill other people all the time!” Hollan replied in an exuberant tone. 

To which Axel asked, “What are you talking about?”

“Well if someone starts you know - shooting at one of your ships, you don’t exactly hold back.” Hollan replied.

“Okay, stop you right there.” Axel replied before saying, “That is in the name of Arcaedian Rights; what you’d call self defence, or against those that we’re at war with, such as the E’Cothri for example… Although they don’t really exist anymore… At least not in our neck of the woods.” Before Hollan could ask what he meant by that Axel said “Idiom, I know. It means our region of space, our areas, etcetera. In a case where someone starts shooting at one of our ships, we actually try to disable them, at least that’s EPSIFleet Policy. Whether or not civilians live up to that or not, I don’t know, but they should, as they have to justify any killings that they do. Look - Our forces try to Police our own areas and come to the defence of allies where it’s appropriate. We don’t take part in killing people just for your state’s benefit. If you’re looking for mercenary work, go elsewhere. My Government is not the Universe Police.” 

“Gah!” Hollan grunted out in irritated dimission, “Bunch of Goody-Two-Shoes.”

“Uh-huh… I think this conversation has rather quickly met its end. Please leave.” Axel then said in a neutral tone of voice.

“Everyone has a price-” Hollan started as Axel then interrupted “Ah! No-no-no! Stop you right there, before you say something that’s a felony, as you are on Epsian ground right now. I will not take bribes, nor will I assist you in going down this highly illegal route. This conversation is over. Leave, immediately. And er… Speak to Jen’starr. She might be able to put you in touch with someone.”

“She’s banned me from her bar! Me! Of all people!” Hollan replied to which Axel snorted, “That’s, so - not my problem. Bye, Ambassador Hollan.” 

“Gah!” Hollan grunted again before waving his hand dismissively, he then turned around and left the room with the doors automatically opening to let him pass, and closing behind him when he left. 

Tali then asked “Do you want me to inform Station Security of what just transpired here?” 

“Er… In case this comes back later and bites us in the arse, yes… Please let them know, that this is what he was looking for, knowing him, he’s going to drag the station into something eventually… He usually does.” Axel replied before going back over to his mediation spot, where he sat himself down and got comfortable before closing his eyes once again to go back to mediation. However…

Tali informed him, “Your reminder to see Alexander is now.”

“Oh go eat a bag of dicks.” Axel replied before opening his eyes, he stood up again and went off to his wardrobe to pick out a suitable cloak to dress in, as Tali said “I will file that away for later.”

“Oh har-har…” Axel replied, before muttering under his breath, “Why did I go for a version of Tali with a simulated personality?” 

A little later…

Alexander’s door chime sounded off as Axel stood outside, waiting to be let in. When Alexander warmly called out, “Please come in, Axel.” The door opened revealing Axel in full EPSIFleet Uniform, signifying his ambassadorial rank, but this was masked by an EPSI Federation cloak, that was Epsian Purple in colour and signified the EPSI Federation Emblem on the back, his shoulders and the the front over one of his hearts, he bowed his head and walked in. Once inside he took off his cloak and hung it up on a cloak hanger before walking over to his desk where he stood behind a chair.

“Please, sit.” Alexander then invited, having stood when Axel had entered the room and now indicated the chair in front of the desk.

“Thank you, sir.” Axel replied before bowing at him again, respectfully. 

The two of them sat down as Axel asked “Forgive me if I get straight to it, but what is it that you need my help with?”

Not for being one to beat around the bush, Alexander got straight to the point, “For the last few years there’s been a new drug going around that we call Dust. It creates unstable telepaths that go for a joyride in peoples minds. The Dust has made a recent appearance on the station.” 

“Interesting… That is exactly the phrasing that Doctor Hanshaerin Eldyrannth used too. The EPSI Federation have been made recently aware of this narcotic, they call it Teletropic Dust, because of it’s telepathic based psychotropic effects. We agree that this is a problem. I’m uncertain as of this time who tipped off Doctor’s Hanshaerin and Talrin Eldyrannth but I have a pretty shrewd idea who it was. I don’t think Jen’starr Epsi’rikixi will put up with this narcotic being traded in her bar. If I know; she most certainly knows. We’re allies and it’s not classified, so I can give you the research that we’ve done on it, including the limited, although ineffective treatments that our Doctor’s have tried.” Axel replied. 

“Yes… Christopher has already spoken to her and she gave him the paper that the two Doctors put together. He’s already given it to Daniel and hopefully it can help those already in the infirmary.” Alexander replied. 

“Huh.” Axel replied with his left eyebrow raising, “Jennaea and I on the same page again. That’s pretty rare, considering the difference between us is as expansive as the difference between a virgin and a sodomite.” He replied.

Alexander raised his eyebrow at the graphic analogy, but let it pass, “I’m a little ignorant on how your particular telepathy works, but is there any way that you could actually help us here?” He then asked.

“Yes. As an Eldyrannth, I can actually protect other people’s minds, and even trap those that are trying to ‘go for a joyride’ in other people’s minds. But you have a bit of a bigger problem here. PsyCorp is here; I passed an officer on my way here, he was trying to hide in the shadows, but I cannot mistake the usual probing of my mind. After some vague threat about breaking eighteen of his bones in one punch, he backed off. I can call for Special Agents Raelarvana Eldyrannth and Dez’rarzii Xenovityr’ra if you need me too, with the hidden Eldyrannth already on this station we can throw up a protective telepathic blocking shield around you, and others, as well as to point out any users of the drug… Although this is likely to be conditional.” Axel then said in a neutral tone of voice. 

“Of that I have no doubt, but any help would be welcome. At least from you. I’m not happy to hear that PsyCorp are already here. They didn’t tell me that they were coming, and they weren’t flagged when they came on board. It must be an undercover agent.” Alexander said, frowning. 

“The thing is; they’re not stupid… Most of the time. If they know that I have sensed them, which is unmistakable, they’re going to know that I will tell you. So they know that their cover isn’t so secure for much longer.” Axel replied before looking off to one side, and slightly downwards as he spoke briefly, telepathically to Raelarvana. In just a few seconds, he had fully briefed her of what was going on, and what Alexander had asked of them and got a response. He then looked up at Alexander again and said “The condition is, is that whilst we’re going after the users, we would like to see you offer them every possible chance to help you locate who dealt it to them. So that you can go after the drug dealers and suppliers rather than the impoverished poor, which is most likely the group that is actively taking the drug. If this is compatible, we will be happy to help.”

“It’s very compatible, because that’s how Ashaean law works anyway. We much prefer going after the dealers, smugglers and producers, or the suppliers and manufacturers of drugs. The users are usually people down on their luck, and stuck in an addiction cycle that they can’t help. The only time when we will punish them, is if they do other illegals activities while under the influence such as assault.” Alexander replied.

“Indeed. There might be some cause for concern; I’ve taken a look at this drug and I think that there is a perhaps small chance that people given this drug, at least the first time around, may not have been aware of what it was in the first place. We saw the very same thing on Xantal’lar with a drug called Azafenide Pitoxetine Acycrudin - otherwise known as Slo-mo or Jet depending on if you're a fan of Judge Dredd and Fallout, and again here with a Xantal’lar based drug called Daedra Dust. It’s sad, but it is possible. I’m glad we have come to an agreement.”

“So am I. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to bring a stop to this. If we can find out who’s smuggling it onto the station, we might be able to trace it back to its origins.” Alexander said.

“Indeed. The EPSI Federation’s Grand Council of Hael’aar, which deals with Medical Related nonsense, has agreed to send a medical ship out to you in full cooperation of your investigations, and to render whatever medical supplies, and medical help they can to your Doctors. They will also have a science lab on board, so if you find more of the drug, they can be tested under laboratory conditions, fully contained away from the station. Your medical staff would be allowed on board, if they’re allowed to come to your medical centre too, under the EPSI Federation and Ashaean Common Interests Treaty.” 

Alexander nodded and said, “I will make sure to let Daniel know. I imagine he would be quite happy to have the assistance.” 

Axel then nodded and said “Both sides can learn something, so it’s mutually beneficial, and also - try and stop Doctors from saving lives, am I right?” He then asked with a soft smile before telepathically giving EPSIMedical the green light to come.

“Oh yes.” Alexander said with a returning smile, “Daniel has been known to do pretty much anything to save the lives of others.” 

Axel nodded and in agreement, he then wanted to relay the information onto Alexander, so he knew what to expect, “Indeed. EPSIMedical is sending the EPSI Haelycia out of which Doctor Talrin, Hanshaerin, Tahurin and Ukerin are on board. Talrin is a very good Doctor, all round with a speciality in Genetics. Hanshaerin specialises in pharmaceuticals and biochemistry, Tahurin - in Neurology, and Dietary, but that’s a hobby, and then there’s Ukerin - an all round research medical scientist. That’s pretty much the A-Team right there. So we’re sending the best. We’re also sending a Prime Queen along, she’ll er… Let’s call her ‘Plan B’. Prime Queen Eldyrannth are omnipaths. Exceptionally dangerous to be on the wrong side of one of them. Other than that, it’s filled with Doctors and researchers from all the species in the Federation - it’s a nice diverse mix, with different ideas, and different ways of looking at problems. Crew complement of around two thousand, a Lyravana Class Ship. Reasonably well armed, but obviously it’s a medical ship.” 

“You have well armed medical ships?” Alexander asked.

“Oh yes.” Axel replied with a nod before saying “We had an incident a decade ago where we were dealing with a medical outbreak on Targonra Four, where we had to beam the population of an alien settlement onto the ships. Turns out their neighbours believed in the only way of curing a plague is to sterilise the infected… Started opening fire on the medical ships. Ever since they’ve been well armed. The Aymar have had problems with it too, from a very old and wayward faction of the United Families Federation - not to be confused with the United Federation of Families… They lost a ship with all hands.”

Alexander frowned a little, “I don’t approve of doing that; attacking medical ships. And yes, I know about the United Families Federation, and the difference between the two. Ashaea had some problems with them before they changed their tune.” He said.

“Well, we don’t anticipate any problems, given that there is a major starbase just nine light years from here. But it’s a just incase. I’m aware of the problems Ashaea has had, I don’t think anyone has been unmolested from either the Neko Resistance Space Alliance, or the Syndicate. Hell even we’ve had problems with them… Bastards.” Axel then muttered the last part under his breath.

Alexander smiled a little before saying, “They are quite the thorn. It’s why I have my own intelligence network keeping an eye on their activities. I’ve passed along a lot of intel to the EPSI Federation.” 

“Oh yes, speaking of which. I have a Taru’zenari who wants to join the Rangers at some point. I will pass his file onto you. He used to work for the OIA back on Vorserend. He was a very good field agent.” Axel then said, as it seemed as good of a time to bring it up with him. 

“Mm. I will certainly have a look at it.” Alexander said with a slight nod before saying “I know you’ve been trying to mediate, so thank you for your help… If I need you can I contact you?”

“Absolutely, and I pretty much gave up when that strange ambassador with the weird hair came to my quarters asking for my Government to off someone for him.” Axel replied. 

“Ah, Ambassador Hollan?” Alexander asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Indeed.” Axel replied courtly and in his accent, as if mocking him. 

“Yes, I’m well aware of him. You’re not the first ambassador he’s approached. I’ve already told his Government that if they don’t send a replacement for him, then their Government will not have an ambassador on the Station.” Alexander told him.

“Oh, I don’t think he’s going anywhere. He usually pulls something out of his arse, to save said arse at the last minute. I have counted fifty-seven times in the last decade that I know of alone. So I won’t hold my breath, Captain.” Axel replied with a smile brought about by frustration. 

“Oh, I really hope you’re not correct there, Ambassador. He’s become quite the nuisance.” Alexander said with a resigned sigh as even he could see the truth of Axel’s words.

“Well… We shall see… The medical ship should be here… Now.” Axel then said as Karla intercommed into the office, “An EPSI Federation ship just appeared not far from the station. They’re coming up as a heavy hael’aar cruiser, the EPSI Haelycia.” 

“Right on time.” Axel then added. 

“Yes, they were expected, Commander. Under the EPSI Federation and Ashaean Common Interests Treaty. They’re going to be helping Doctor Daniel Tucker with our Dust problem.” Alexander pressed the comm on his hand to reply to which she said “Very well, sir. I’ll let them know shall I?” 

“Please do, Commander.” Alexander replied before pressing the comm link again to close the connection.

Axel then said “I think I will get out of your hair… I am feeling mildly hungry. So I might take a trip over to the Stuffed Holes. Please do feel that you can contact me whenever you like, Captain. Despite me telling Tali that I don’t want to be disturbed, you’re always an exception.”

“I’m flattered, Ambassador. Please, enjoy your meal.” Alexander replied with a smile. 

“Eh. Not all of us are dickheads.” Axel replied with a smile, he then stood up and bowed his head “Thank you, Captain. Please take care and I hope you find whomever is responsible for all of this.” Axel then walked over to his cloak and took it back down off of the hanger before putting it back on, he then said “Until next time.”

“Yes, until next time.” Alexander replied as Axel gave him a slow bow of his head once more. He then lifted the hood over his head and walked out of the door, heading back to the promenade. 

• Love 1

• 4 months later...

Colab Post: This post was a collaboration between myself and @Temaelrin who did the Tahurin and Hanshaerin. We did this over at Google Docs before transferring it to here on EcchiDreams. 

“Yes!” Kellina cheered quietly, her blue eyes sparkling with enthusiasm when Jake confirmed that she could indeed fly his beautiful new ship. She couldn’t wait to do it. The only thing stopping her from just getting up and running to his ship was the fact that he was unlikely to allow her to fly it now that she had, had a few drinks. While she would risk inebriated flying with her own ship, she wasn’t so willing to risk his. She liked him, and thought of him as the closest thing to a friend she had, so she wasn’t willing to compromise their relationship like that. She was pulled from her thoughts when Jen’starr called out which caused her to snicker. No matter how many times she had seen this interaction between the two, it always amused her. 

She turned her attention back to Jake, leaning forwards and resting her elbows on the table as her hands cradled her cheeks, eagerly listening as he explained the specifications for the Clipper. Her eyes widened in delight when he said that it had torpedos. She couldn’t wait to see them blow up an asteroid or two! Her eyebrows then raised when he said that it had an Aymar Cloaking Device, which would allow him to easily evade or sneak up on targets with ease. Moira would absolutely kill to get her hands on it, just to study how it worked. They would do so much better on their contracts if they could simply disappear like that however the chances of them being allowed access to that kind of technology were practically zero. 

When he trailed off, she let out a soft groan. She rolled her eyes slightly and sat back with a pout on her lips, “Alright, calm down before you make me have an orgasm or something.” Her pouty expression disappeared as her eyes once again twinkled with amusement as she once again sat forward with a slight grin, “I think you’ve got the best best here on the station. I bet you’re going to have every contractor knocking on your door wanting you to do jobs for them.” Daniella snorted in amusement at this, almost choking on his drink as he had been mid-sip. He coughed a little, his cheeks going a little red. He put his glass down as Kellina laughed, “Alright, Danni, calm down. Wait until later before choking on Jake’s cock!” She jokingly said.

“I’ll try!” Daniella said in a strained voice before coughing again, patting his chest to calm the coughing. When it stopped, he blinked the tears from his eyes before saying, “Sorry about that.” Kellina flickered his fingers, dismissing the need for an apology. She then glanced over to where Jen’starr and Chris had disappeared, “They’re taking a while. I wonder what kind of fun they’re having.” She then looked at the two of them and said, “I tried to get fucked by him once. Wouldn’t go for it. I’ve always pictured him to be kinda vigorous in bed.”

“Really?” Daniella asked, raising his eyebrows. Kellina nodded, “Mhm. Although he strikes me as the monogamous type. Maybe that’s why he wasn’t interested.”

At the entrance, a blond haired human male stepped into the bar, glancing around. He had just finished up his business, and how had a completely empty cargo hold. He still needed to find business to take him in the direction he was heading, but he would do that in the morning. He now had some extra cash in his pocket, and he wanted to get himself something to drink and to relax for the night. With any luck, he’ll get some more money at the card table. The more the better, as he was trying to save up for a better ship that would carry more cargo and, if possible, better defensive capabilities. Pirates were a damn problem, and help was not always in range. If they pulled you out of hyperspace, you were pretty much screwed. 

Shaking those thoughts from his mind, he stepped up to the bar where the huge, almost nine-foot tall Zeta was stood putting some glasses away in movements that were surprisingly gentle for someone his size and bulk. The Zeta turned around and grinned down at Rex, “Well hello, Rex. Long time, no see.” He greeted in a deep, rumbling voice.

“Hello, Kal’taour. Double Whiskey, if you please.” Rex greeted as he slipped onto one of the stools in front of the bar. 

“Right you are!” Kal’taour said, picking up a sparkling whiskey glass from underneath the bar before turning around and pulling down a whiskey bottle. He poured in some of the amber coloured liquid into the glass before turning around and putting it down in front of Rex before saying, “There’s a fight on tonight, if you’re interested.” He then grinned down at the human.

Rex paused before picking up the glass of alcohol, “I think I might be. I have some money I was going to spend on some cards but… I might have changed my mind.” He then smiled slightly as the Zeta chuckled.

“I’ll see you there.” Kalnarr told him before turning away and allowing Rex to enjoy his drink in peace.

Once she had received permission from Alexander that the large Epsian ship was welcomed, and even expected, Karla initiated contact with them to inform them that if they wished to send people to the station, to either send a smaller ship or beam people directly to the customs bay so that they could be checked into the ships logs as visitors. However she was startled to see Talrin’s face appear on the screen, a figure she knew well from the political information given to them by Axel. Despite being the King of one of the member states, he was dressed in an EPSIFleet uniform, the colours being Epsian purple with a golden trim with a bar on each side of the collar. Each plate roughly an inch long. It had a purple gold border, with four pips inside with a black background. It marked him as the Grand Minister of Health, which spoke at how seriously they were taking this situation.

As Karla froze for a moment, Talrin was the first to speak as he pressed his right hand over his left heart and bowed his head slightly, “Greetings, Andromeda One. We have arrived to assist Doctor Daniel Tucker with your current situation.”

Gathering herself, Karla nodded and said, “Yes, sir. We have just been appraised of your ships arrival by Ambassador Axel. But he said nothing about her Captain though. Welcome to Andromeda One, your Majesty. If you wish to come aboard, you will need to send a smaller ship, or beam into customs.”

“You know Axel; he doesn’t like to make a fuss. Just Doctor will be fine, Commander. I am here on behalf of the Hael’aar Grand Council, not the Eldyrannthian Star Empire. I would prefer to have Daniel come here, so that he might benefit from the medical services this ship has. Please let him know that we are here, and whether he would prefer to beam onboard, or if he would prefer us to send a ship for him.” Talrin said.

“Alright, Doctor. I’ll let him know.” Karla said, before putting him on hold. She glanced around, seeing several wide eyed faces staring at her. But as her hard gaze swept over the bridge staff, they immediately turned back around and pretended to be busy. 

Location: Medical Centre, Andromeda One, Churchill's Legacy, Andromeda Galaxy, then the Medical Centre, EPSI Haelycia

Daniel had been in the middle of reading the report that had been delivered to him by Christopher when his comm unit chirped to let him know that someone was contacting him. Absently, he pressed the button, “Yes?” He asked in a distracted tone.

Karla’s voice came through, “Doc, we have an EPSIFleet ship here, the EPSI Haelycia. They’ve come to help us with the Dust situation. They want you to go onboard as they’ve got better medical facilities.” 

“Mmm…” Daniel hummed, the words not quite registering at first as he was so focused on the report in front of him. There was silence for several moments before Karla prompted, “Doc?”

It was then that Daniel’s brain put together what she said. He sat up straighter, blinking in shock, “Haelycia? Ah… what?” He asked.

He could hear amusement in Karla’s voice as she replied, “The flagship for the Hael’aar Grand Council has arrived, with the Grand Minister of Health. They want you to go onboard. They want to know if you want to be beamed over, or if you want them to send a ship over.” 

Daniel blinked, turning that over in his mind. He then frowned a little, “A ship might be better. I know they have better medical technology than we do, and I have a couple of Dust related patients here. One user, and the person they delved into the mind of.” He said, privately admitting to himself that the thought of being transported made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.

“Alright. I’ll let him know, so make sure you have your patients ready. I’ll be sending them to M-six.” Karla said.

“I will. Thank you.” Daniel said, before pressing the button to cut the communication. He then looked up at his second in command, “Rebecca, please get the Dust patients ready for transportation and take them to Docking Pad M-six.” He ordered, referring to a special docking pad that was reserved for medical transports, just in case there was an emergency where medical ships needed to dock and the normal docking bay was full. 

“Yes, Doctor.” Rebecca said, nodded before she moved off and began issuing orders. Daniel turned to his work station, where he began to transfer the patient files over to the datapad that he had been reading the Hael’aar report on. He needed to gather all the relevant material to take with him.

When Daniel stepped off of the Courier that had ferried him and his patients to the large ship that was now in orbit around the planet, he was greeted by Talrin who touched his chest with his right hand and bowed his head, “It is good to meet you, Doctor Tucker.” He greeted. His voice was quiet deep and smooth, his words well enunciated. His accent was what Daniel expected; quite aristocratic, a little similar to a very posh English Accent but with several vocal differences. 

Feeling more than a little nervous about the prestigious company, Daniel found himself nodding almost foolishly, “Ah-j-just Daniel will be fine.” He said before clearing his throat in an attempt to get a hold of himself. He had to tilt his head just to look up at Talrin, who was a giant compared to himself at eight and a half feet tall. It made him feel very small, like a child.

Talrin smiled slightly, and Daniel found himself smiling in return as it was the most infectious smile he had ever seen. It was so genuine and full of life that it caused him to feel almost giddy with happiness, a feeling he couldn’t quite explain. Before he could orient himself, Talrin was speaking, “Allow me to introduce you to those working with you. These are my sons, Doctors Tahurin and Hanshaerin, and my Grandson, Ukerin.” 

Daniel looked to the other three, and saw two men that looked so much alike that they had to be identical twins. The only difference between the two was that one had black hair and the other had a startling white hair colour. They both had pink eyes, but their relation to Talrin was clear in the shape of their face as well as the intensity of the eyebrows. The last person was much smaller than the others, with black hair and a single blond highlight, similar to how Talrin had blond streaks through his hair. Daniel idly wondered if that was something they added in themselves, or was natural, but decided it would have been rather rude to ask. Either way, the main thing he noted about them was that they were very physically attractive, with feminine qualities that enhanced their features. Ukerin looked like what he would expect a trap to be like; very feminine with a hint of masculinity. The one he wasn’t able to figure out was Talrin. He found himself unable to put a pin into their actual gender. He seemed perfectly balanced between the two and, similar to the optical illusion of the spinning dancer, it was easy to see them as female, or male. It was something that Daniel found a little confusing, and he had to keep in mind that the ‘rin’ suffix of their name indicated a male, or Kae. 

“Hello.” Tahurin greeted politely. Like his father, he had a rather aristocratic accent and his words were well pronounced, “Hello.” Daniel greeted back.

His twin brother, however, was not the same. Instead, he spoke in Russian, with a very thick Russian accent, “Привет.” At Daniel’s confused look, Talrin said, “He said ‘Greetings’.”

“Ah.” Daniel said, before nodding back at Hanshaerin to acknowledge the greeting, “Greetings.” He responded.

“Hai~!” Ukerin said in an exuberant tone as he waved his hand enthusiastically. His voice, like his appearance, was quite feminine and light. His whole face lit up with enthusiasm that caused Daniel to smile, “Hello.” He said. 

“My staff will transfer the patients to the main medical lab. Please, come this way.” Talrin said, indicating for Daniel to walk beside him as they left the docking bay. Having to walk quickly to keep up with the mans significantly longer stride. Once he had found his stride, he said, “I was actually in the middle of the Medical Report that you had done on the small quantity of Dust you obtained.”

“We’re hoping that a larger amount will be found so that Hanshaerin can study it. His speciality is Pharmaceuticals.” Talrin responded to which Hanshaerin muttered, “Это хороший способ сказать «Эксперт по наркотикам»...” Talrin glanced at Hanshaerin and replied, “It’s still Pharmaceuticals. Drugs are drugs, no matter their effect.”

“I’m sure Christopher will find something. He’s very resourceful and he knows his way around the underparts of the station that I don’t even want to know about.” Daniel replied, looking back at Hanshaerin as he was completely unsure as to what the man had said to get that response from Talrin.

“Undoubtedly.” Talrin said, sounding amused. It astounded Daniel just how expressive the man's voice could be. It was unlike any voice he had encountered before, and he found himself rather charmed by it. Talrin then went on to say, “Our Neurologist, Tahurin, will study your patients and hopefully come up with a way that allow the victims of the mind-rape to recover physically.”

“Yes, I’m quite concerned about Sandra.” Daniel said, referring to the patient that had been assaulted by the Dust user, “She has yet to respond to any treatments we’ve attempted.” 

“If I can find out what the damage is, I should be able to figure out a way to combat, or mitigate it.” Tahurin said.

“I hope so. This drug has been a bit of a nightmare for doctors back on Earth. And that does seem to be the origin of the stuff. Ashaea is completely clear of the stuff.” Daniel said.

“You’re Ashaean, aren’t you? You certainly have the accent of someone that’s been living there.” Talrin said.

“I am, yes. From the Capital City. I’ve known Alexander for a long time.” Daniel replied. 

Talrin nodded, a sharp gesture, before saying, “Yes. Roughly Snowden Town, one of the towns that make up Blackberry Capital City.” 

Daniel’s eyebrows shot up in surprise, “Ah-yes. Yes… how did you know? Read my personnel file?” He asked.  

“No. I recognised your accent, despite the influence of the accent that has become more prevalent on the more permanent members of Andromeda Station. A mix between Ashaean and some of the Earth accents.” Talrin replied.

“Really? I didn’t know that.” Daniel commented.

“Linguistics is a hobby of Grandpapa’s.” Ukerin said with a grin, adding, “He’s like a walking, talking universal translator.” 

Before Daniel could respond to that, the group came to a stop in front of a set of double doors that opened up with a faint, barely perceptible hiss to reveal a small round-like room that vaguely looked like a lift. Talrin motioned for Daniel to enter first and when he had, the others followed him. No one said anything, but Daniel saw the lights in four areas of the room flash as if to simulate movement.

“Are we in a lift?” He asked, looking up at the slightly domed ceiling.

“A turbolift, yes.” Talrin confirmed.

“We’re moving?” Daniel asked, sounding a little uncertain and causing Ukerin to giggle as Hanshaerin muttered, “Идиот человек.”

Daniel glanced at Hanshaerin but was unsure as to what the man said, and Talrin didn’t offer up a translation. Instead, the monstrously tall man said, “Yes, we are. We’re going down several decks to the medical lab where your patients are so we can start by having a look at them.”

Edited by Neptune
Forgot to add the collab info.

The sounds of metal plates warping heavily alarmed some denizens of the down under that something big approached from the seldom used emergency exit they lived next to. Step by step the mechanical stress descended upon them until a door opened to reveal one grand surprise. A lone slender girl appeared in the doorway and strolled past eyes that searching beyond her small figure. They would find none but her-- Esther.

There were whispers around her, "something's not right," / "where's the big one?" / "Bait. Don't take it." She heard them all, each an every hushed voice, even long after she turned the corner. "There's no follow?! Get up, she's getting away!" / "signal the others. We got ourselves a sleeping beauty!" Heinous laughter and scuffling pipes could be heard loud and clear from where she just came. The girl picked up pace, finding it fitting to break into a run when she saw the length of the corridor unbroken by turns and doors.

There was just a gradual bend, beyond which a few ragged men leaned against the inner wall, bearing makeshift weapons and knives. She stopped running with no shortage of breath, "what have I gotten myself into?" She said to herself. The numbers in front of her were doubled from behind, and the murmur of obscenities were hard to screen out. The best dressed man to her front speaks out, "such a simple mistake you made, wandering down here alone. Truuust me, you're getting off easy girl! Eh, am I right guys? These other scoundrels down 'ere, see they won't think twice about rockin' your dead meat. We don't get into the holodecks you know, but we're still civilized, reasonable-" / "ENOUGH!" She shouted.

Esther rolled back the sleeves of her hoodie carefully, one by one, "You're ganged up on me and your going to talk about being civilized? What's the point? There's nothing civilized about what's gonna happen here." With that she took a fighting stance; something close to a runner's start with a boxer's defence.

"Sheesh fine, have it your way. Usually I just say that cuz' I like to see the shivers, but you don't got em anyway. Alright boys! No cuts, no broken bones, we need her alive… buuuut a few bruises won't matter!"

Boom-boom-boom-boom-boom! Her footsteps carried the weight of a giant with explosive speed and power that was delivered by the face of her knuckles. The ring leader was thrown back several feet by the blow to his stomach, and the following spray of blood from his mouth came just too late to hit her. Esther was onto the next, and the next, then back to the last-- to and fro. Three at once. She whittled them down with reserve to her strength, disposing of each without breaking their bones through practiced movements and agility.

She downed the four who were standing to her front by knocking them unconscious; even though it took the extra hits to do so. By then, the rest had ran away; possibly since the moment they heard her footsteps for the second time, they knew they could not approach her. She stood there, clean of any blood or wounds, and she thought about perusing the other vile four. What would she do with them? She waited for the answer, but she couldn't justify attacking them, and she lacked any evidence of their attempted assault.

As for the other four, she would have to leave them be. This wasn't the time or place to get on official records for beating up four armed thugs; for now, she needed to lay low. However, she still fished through the pockets of the cocky big mouth and pulled most of his credits… not all, but it would still cover her bunk fee the next two nights.

Esther stood over the bloodied man, "you got off easy, pal. Look, I didn't even break your bones! But those bruises … nah," she said as she stated to walk away, "it's fine."

-- a bit later, at The Wet Hole --

Esther had finally found what looked like the main establishment in the Down Under. She groaned at the sight of the map outside which indicates a far more convenient passage from the upper deck. The sign caught her attention, 'The Wet Hole,' is it? Ofcourse. Why wouldn't it be suggestive?

She sat down at a table alone, and ordered a basket of sweet potato fries. She picked through them slowly so she could draw out the time she had to gather information. She listened in on whatever she could hear, tuning in on more interesting or newer conversations. Everything she heard in the Pleasure Bar said this was the place to find jobs with some action, but for a while she didn't hear anything… it was pretty quiet. Perhaps people couldn't afford to eat here, she thought, but actually the food here was the cheapest she had ever seen. Was there something else going on?

Finally, she heard something, not far away too. The bartender was talking to a man who just came in, some gambling type, and they mentioned a fight? It sounds like a way to make money… maybe even a lot of money? If she is to buy herself better equipment for this line of work, she's gonna need some big payments. Still, even if it's not, it just might lead somewhere better.

Esther got up from her table and threw away the short supply of fries before going to join them at the bar. The alien bartender seemed… less approachable to her, and he seemed busy now, so she tried the blonde man. "Hey, excuse me, um, did you say there was a fight going on? Sorry, I- I overheard your conversation. Thing is I'm looking for an opportunity like this, could you tell me how to get in on this?" She smiled and stood between the empty barstools next to him. Aside the elbow fixed on the table, the rest of her body swayed, and she kept alternating between facing the table and the man.

• Love 1

Rex almost dropped his drink when a female voice spoke next to him. Her jerked slightly before snapping his head towards the source of the voice where he found a rather attractive young-looking woman next to him. However, what he noticed more than her attractiveness, was her rather nervous demeanor. She kept constantly glancing around the room, as if expecting bad company to show up. That made him quite curious. If she was trying to lay low and avoid trouble with the locals, she was going about it the wrong way. Her nervousness made her stand out like a sore thumb. Instead of calling her out on it, though, he lowered his glass to the table which clicked softly. He then looked her up and down, noting her rather slender frame.

“I’m not sure you’re the type to actually do any fighting. That’s not for humans like us. We’ll get crushed like little bugs. But I’ve betted on a fair few of these fights, so I could likely let you know which are the best fighters to bet on.” Rex said, picking up his glass again. He then paused before actually sipping it before adding, “Either way, you’ll have to ask the big salamander here.” He then indicated Kalnarr with his drink before he sipped the smokey amber liquid.

Kalnarr turned back around, “That’s lizard, ya damn monkey.” He rumbled in amusement. He then switched his gaze over to the female, and his gaze sharpened as he took note of her, noticing that she didn’t seem like a typical human.

“Gecko, right.” Rex said, deliberately mis-hearing him as it was common for the two to joke like this. In an aside to the strange female, he whispered, “Just don’t call him a newt. That’s below the belt even for Zeta humour.” 

Kalnarr stopped his observation of the woman and looked back at Rex, “You Tau’ri are all the same. Chimping out like there’s no tomorrow.” He grinned as Rex chuckled, before the huge Zeta looked back at the woman, “But he’s right. Humans don’t fight in my ring. Physically, they’re just not up for the task. Especially a human female. These fights are filled with aliens that could tip your head off with their little finger. Getting involved in that shit is the quickest way to get yourself killed.” He didn’t care if she took offense to what he said, as it was the harsh truth. He wasn’t the type to sugar coat things, and would say things exactly as he saw them and right now he was seeing a young woman trying to jump into an end so deep it would swallow her whole in the deep, dark abyss. 

• 3 weeks later...

Locations: The Wet Holes, Down Below, Andromeda One, Churchill's Legacy, Andromeda Galaxy.

Kalnarr's words brought down the usual crushing feeling when she is grossly underestimated. Big aliens particularly did so dismiss her the most often, so she doesn't often get along with them. Her eyes dropped below the bar, unable to speak. Esther's situation did dictate she lay low, but she knew an event like this was too big to pass up. How would she get into the fight? Without a reputation or someone to speak for her, she might only get janitorial jobs on this station. Would she challenge the bartender to a fight? This she did consider, but no, she thought, that was certainly uncivilized... civilized, reasonable people. That statement she had just heard reminded her about the scoundrels she just beat up, and one mentioned holodecks. That kind of technology was not easily accessible where she came from, but a punk like him made it sound like he had used one before.

Finally, Esther looked up right into Kalnarr's eye and said, "I'll prove I can take down one of these aliens! There's a holodeck on this station right?" she slapped her hand on the counter so hard it could be heard two doors down, "Put me in and I'll take down a five hundred pound Gorilla-- no weapons." This had to be an offer she could get him with; a holodeck has safety protocols so at least it doesn't sound like suicide. She turned towards Rex, "You're a gambling man aren't you? I'll show you why I'm your best bet." 

• Love 1

Kalnarr watched as the woman looked down, averting her gaze. Rex glanced from the Zeta to the woman again who seemed to almost deflate at Kalnarr’s words. He looked over at the bartender and accused, “Always making the pretty ladies cry.” 

Kalnarr shrugged, although his eyes had not left the young women. He could almost hear the cogs turning in her head before she looked back up and into his eyes. People very rarely looked him in the eye like that, and he admired her for it. His movements stilled as her hand came down and slammed on the table. Rex himself jumped, not expecting how loud it had been, “Bloody hell!” He exclaimed as other patrons in the bar turned their heads to see what the noise was about but Kalnarr ignored them as he listened to her offer.

When she turned back to Rex, he was staring at her with open admiration, “Alright then… Let’s see how you do…” He looked over at Kalnarr, “You got a holodeck free? I’ll pay for her to use it.”

“Aye. We’ve got some holodecks free.” Kalnarr said, accepting the credit chit that was practically thrown over the counter. He pressed it against the register before handing it back before he turned to look at a member of minor bar staff, “Jen’starr should be back soon. Man the bar until I get back.” The person nodded as the Zeta turned back to the woman,

“Alright, you’ve got the horns for it. I’ll let you prove yourself. My name is Kalnarr, or Kal’taour as would be more fitting. What’s your name?” He asked. Rex lifted his glass and downed its contents, as he wasn’t going to miss this entertainment just for making his drink last longer. He then turned his eyes towards the woman, curious to know who this woman was to have the balls to stand up to a Zeta after he had stripped her down. He knew it was something that Kalnarr, and most Zeta’s for that matter, respected in people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up