Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
PsychoSexual

RP and wait times.

How long would you wait for a roleplay reply before politely moving on?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How long would you wait for a roleplay reply before politely moving on?

• Around a week
    • Around a month
    • More than a month
    • Depends on the roleplay

PsychoSexual

How long do you think it's fair/polite to wait for a reply?

PsychoSexual

I knew most people would say depends on the roleplay.

I find that answer somewhat useless. But fair enough to each their own.

Peculiarity

Well, if it helps, I use a simple formula: twice the expected length of time for a reply. So if the person you're RPing with usually responds once a week, wait two weeks. If they respond withing the day, wait until the next day. It tends to work well for me 🙂.

Edit: It also depends on how much/how well they write. If they tend to write long, multi-paragraph responses, I usually give them extra leeway for editing.

Edited by Peculiarity

PsychoSexual

I find people don't have a candance, some people reply a lot one day then you don't hear from them for days.

I am fine with schedule, but it's hard to make one when replied are seemenly random.

Peculiarity

That's interesting; most everyone I've RPd with has replied almost like clockwork. Maybe we're just meeting different kinds of people lol.

Edited by Peculiarity
removed entitled whining lol

PsychoSexual

Some people do have a candance and some people tell you up front which is my preference.

But most people really do seem to random/unpredictable.

IsabellaRose

I am 100% random/unpredictable. It depends entirely on real life. Sometimes real life kicks my ass and I'm simply too exhausted to even bother booting up my laptop. Other days I am full of energy and ready to go and post a million things for no good reason. 

I always tell my partners up front that my posting schedule is unpredictable. It figure it's only fair if I'm going to be so hit and miss and all over the place to give fair warning first. 

My best answer to the question is: as long as we agreed upon. I usually negotiate with someone and set an expectation. If we agree to weekly posts, or every other day, or whenever we get around to it, I generally give them some leeway above and beyond the agreed upon time before poking them.

I also don't just give up. I always send a message asking if they lost interest or are still interested in continuing. I don't always get a reply, but that happens, too. A lot of people feel quite guilty about ghosting you without a real reason other than they just didn't feel like posting or replying, so they wait even longer since they don't know what to say, and then it's been so long they don't ever bother replying. I've just come to accept that 60-80% of my roleplays will never be finished.

• Like 1

Kerzin Kalamond

When I am off I try to get things as done as quickly as I can. However the rest of the week it gets much much slower with work eating up my time. After I however try to catch up depending on the level of exhaustion.

but waiting for reply’s don’t bother me. I always will tell people that if it ever bothers them XD 

Buio

As a rule I won't assume that there is a problem unless it's been more than a week because people of course have IRL demands, and on top of that I'm hardly likely to be the only person they need to write out replies to.

As for how long I will wait beyond that, it entirely depends on the player themselves. If they used to post very fast and haven't replied in a week I will ask if everything is okay. If their normal speed is a bit slower I might wait a few weeks before checking in. Some particular long term partners of mine I am used to waiting on for over a month at a time on occasion because I know they have demanding school work and other social obligations that at times kick into overdrive and leave them with no time or energy to post.

This is one of the big reasons why I like making friends with my partners and having OOC chat with them. Insight into their personal lives helps to manage expectations, and plus people are usually happy to have OOC talks fairly regularly even when they don't have the brainspace to do IC. Helps in keeping the spirit of the rp alive during long breaks in between posting.

• Love 1

Elena Ichinomiya

i'm one of depend on RP tbh. Some writing length/style can overwhelm me so much that i take more than once to re-read just so i can reply correctly, resulting delay. When i said reply, it IS depend on how long it is. If it just one-two paragraph, it will be replied ASAP even when i'm tired. More? then it will be more longer or even next day if i'm too tired.

Rather than give them my schedule of reply, i'm more concerned if their writing style are too much for myself.

Edited by Elena Ichinomiya

PsychoSexual

Thanks for the info everyone. I think in the future I'll wait a week rather than a month.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 Dreamers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Muramune
      By Muramune
      Hey all! I have some ideas for RPs.
      Robot X Scientist
      A scientist creates a prototype android woman for a new line of robots almost indistinguishable from humans. Keeping her in the lab, the android begins to fall in love with her creator and begins to upgrade herself in secret to please him... 
      Demon X Angel: Marriage
      In an attempt to broker peace between Heaven and Hell, the heirs to both are forced to marry each other and live among humanity on the only neutral ground both sides know.
      Prince X Princess
      A war between two kingdoms leaves the prince and princess having to meet in secret in a forbidden affair.
      Demon Queen X Human
      In the midst of a war between Humans and Demons, a man finds an injured woman and tends to her injuries only to discover that she was a demon in disguise. Some time later, his village is raided by demon forces and he is taken to their queen who is the same demon he had helped earlier.
      Demon X Priestess
      A god had abandoned a temple under his power, leaving the priestess (or priestesses) at the mercy of a powerful demon who has been either imprisoned by the god or has been kept away by the god's holy power.
      Queen/Princess X Commoner
      Alien x Human 
      Elf X Human
      A widowed Elf finds an abandoned human baby and raised him like her own son. Once he comes of age, their relationship becomes more like lovers than of mother and son...
      If any of these grab your attention, please drop me a line and we can work something out.
    • Neptune
      By Neptune
      Warning: This Side Story will contain scenes of a graphic nature. This includes, but is not limited to, Heterosexual sex, dress up, seduction. If you find either of these themes distasteful, then please do not read.
      Participants: Rowan and Natia
      Description: Upon reaching Ryn'tur, Rowan and Natia visited Glenda's shop, where Natia bought a surprise for Rowan, despite encountering a problem with a slave owner. They went to the local inn, sat down and had a meal before Natia requested to go to their private room.
      -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
      Rowan remained patiently waiting as Natia seemed to stare blankly up at him. The corner of his lips twitched a little, finding it very endearing. It made him want to draw her into his arms and to kiss those perfect little lips of hers. But he resisted the urge and contented himself with waiting to see what she wanted. When she demanded that he turn around and cover his eyes, he raised an eyebrow at her, “This again?” He asked, his tone light and teasing. He could see that she was looking rather nervous and he hoped his rather lighthearted tone helped put her at ease. He gave her an encouraging smile before he turned around so that he was no longer looking at him. He then reached up and covered his eyes with his hands to ensure that he wasn’t able to peak, even if he was facing her.
      That said, that didn’t stop his ears to twitch a little as he listened out for her movements. It was cheating a little, since he could hear very well, but he was curious as to what she was wanting to show him. The only thing he could think of, was what she had bought from Glenda’s, but he had not expected her to show him that so soon. He was certainly curious to know what she had gotten, and how she would look in it. Admittedly, he was rather excited, and found himself waiting rather impatiently for her to get changed. One thing was for sure, though, she was undoubtedly going to make it hard for him to leave that evening to look into her potential friend. If she looked anywhere near how she looked in his imagination, it was going to be hard not to spend all night fucking her into the bed. 
      He also had to make a mental note to not break the bed in the process, either. 
    • Seduction936
      By Seduction936
      Look at my F-list for an idea of what I like~
      Im really in the mood for a big breasted maid, or a big breasted milf ready to take care of me. We can plot some more once we get chatting! You can reach me multiple ways:
      Discord: Sedudu#0969
      Twitter: @time_seduction
    • Theylooknew
      By Theylooknew
      Good Evening! 😊
      I'm looking for any futanari lovers interested in detailed (paragraph or more) roleplays!
      Like playing submissive to your lovely futa mistress? Hit me up!
      Wanna do a futa x futa roleplay? Leave a message!
      Like to roleplay a futa who dominates anyone they get their hands on? You've DEFINITELY got a friend in me! 

P.S.: Not totally opposed to other scenarios, just listing some favorites in hopes of finding some folks with common interests :3

-Hope to play with you all soon ❤️ 
    • Mr.X
      By Mr.X
      Note: This will likely to be a single RP(No extra characters inside unless NPCs or I allowed to(Via Ecchi text if desired and must connect to the logic why you can meet him, also it is not likely for him to have a friend and reply to the said character), a side story that happens after Leon leaves Cassandra and Dezrin
      Leon is walking through the forest right now and he just walk to any direction that he desires with his own feet that covered by a pair of black military rubber shoes, it helps him on walking this annoying piece of land that is filled with a bunch of dirt and carcass. He just walked with do care and since no one is around based on his clones' intel, he just keep killing mosquitos, bees, and any annoying insects with a small but always hit fire magic and the fire magic burns the insect till the ashes not remain in the place. He just walked to a certain point of interest, which is a Lighthouse that he saw upon back when he is stranded in this island. But he doesn't care and walk away again. According to the said clone, that elf woman didn't wear a dress and just laying on the dirt. He doesn't flinch and care about that fact, it is useless for him to talk to someone like her. He won't even came to her again and pray that he doesn't need to see a nuisance called woman and IF they are in heat, he will be in serious trouble.
      He is thinking of finding a place to cultivate his mana back to his original state once more. Maybe he will cultivate while using gravity magic and time acceleration magic(He can't control the world's time but he can control his own "time") which will consumes his mana a lot based on his own calculation. He will die soon after IF he does dare to do so.

(Will continued later)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.