GM Angel's Pathfinder character discussion thread

I just read "Ferax and his people" and it sounded like he was not alone. I apologize if I misread or misunderstood something.

But it gets very taxing to have to scour walls of text to find names of PCs rather than follower 1-200.

I know, I can just ignore those posts, but whem I wish to actually play with you guys, that makes it harder to do.

For me my entourage are just set dressing. Call them Ferax's gladiators and it'll be fine.

As soon as someone lets me in, I'll send them home.

Unrelated:

@GM Angel, @PsychoSexualpointed out an error in my arithmetic for HP, which I think he's right about. But it got me thinking, as the hit a character has gets larger, the lower the percentage of total possible hit points goes.

At d6 a wizard gets ~67%, at d10 I get 60% at d12 a barbarian only gets ~58%. For those of us in the "ablative armor" business that can get bad fast.

• Like 1

Oh, thank you. Nothing against you, but we seriously are drowning in NPCs and it feels way overwhelming. It honestly feels like it was something players did just because they could rather than contemplate the impact it has on the game as whole. Well, that combined with 80-90% talk about politics and lore.

3 minutes ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

For me my entourage are just set dressing. Call them Ferax's gladiators and it'll be fine.

As soon as someone lets me in, I'll send them home.

Unrelated:

@GM Angel, @PsychoSexualpointed out an error in my arithmetic for HP, which I think he's right about. But it got me thinking, as the hit a character has gets larger, the lower the percentage of total possible hit points goes.

At d6 a wizard gets ~67%, at d10 I get 60% at d12 a barbarian only gets ~58%. For those of us in the "ablative armor" business that can get bad fast.

Con increases both magical and stat will help you. You are right you loose more hit point compared to a wizard, but you also gain more than him you are guaranteed to have more hit points all things being equal.

If you want more hit points I suggest two things:

You could also change one of your feats say Improved Initiative for Toughness giving you an extra hit point per level.

Finally I forgot to mention that since you are a human you can make Fighter a favored class and each level you would get a choice to add either and extra hit point or an extra skill point per level, which again would give you another 15 hit points.

• Love 1

I think interactions are great. Really, that is the most fun parts of pen & paper for me. Less about combat, really and such. But I try to focus on the actual PCs rather than "random" NPCs. It's great others like them and it should be there, but sometimes it feels like it goes a bit overboard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Balthier said:

I totally need a squire/torch bearer/potion cady temple follower. 😅

At some point I intend to make a Golem servant, for the moment the spell Unseen Servant will work.

Though that's more about Darius's ego than anything else.

Edited by PsychoSexual
  • Like 2

@WritesNaughtyStories

I would love to welcome you in the roleplay but Darius is busy, he isn't even the place you knocked, he is with Nepthtys enjoying dinner.

The only people inside are Lady Kazumi and who has gone to sleep, Lady Gold, Cernan and Jerell who are at the baths.

Adam the golem who is in the basement with Nishka.

There is also Lady Kazumi's retinue and they are likely to let you inside if no one else gets to you.

Regarding HP one of the special uses of the Wish spell I allow in my game is to permanently maximize your HP. This is not a RAW use but I like it and think of it similarly to how you can gain inherent bonuses from wish spells, like its bringing out your natural potential. So there is that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GM Angel said:

Regarding HP one of the special uses of the Wish spell I allow in my game is to permanently maximize your HP. This is not a RAW use but I like it and think of it similarly to how you can gain inherent bonuses from wish spells, like its bringing out your natural potential. So there is that.

I have always made the books rather using wish spells while the books are slightly more expensive if you make the item you pay half price so it's actually much cheaper.

Though if course you are trading time for money since making the book will take 4.5 months versus 1-3 days of casting spells.

Edited by PsychoSexual