Another chance - Ranna and Kappei

The voice caught Ranna off guard.  She was not expecting to see anyone from the club.  Reiko would not have surprised her, her sister had a habit of showing up randomly when you would not expect it, but she not expected anyone else.  She had no idea how to feel about this, on one hand, any distraction was welcome but she was not looking forward to explaining this to anyone in the club.  This one most of all, she did not really know how to interact with her and still had mixed feelings after their last conversation.  Uncertainty if she would get another reaction like that.  She kept it simple for now, making sure Kappei did not think this some completely random stranger.  “That’s Kara.  One of the girls from the club.”  Of course she could not explain how they ended up meeting here, what Kara was looking for.  Though Ranna certainly did not think she was looking for a wedding ring.

OOC: I thought you had intentionally changed her name, and was just going along with it.

Unlike how she had acted during their first meeting, Kara looked far more animated this time, maybe you could even say she looked excited?

"I am Kara Spade." The older girl said reaffirming what Ranna had just said. She was squinting a bit, studying Ranna intently. Her eyes seemed to be almost glittering. You are getting married? To a man? I thought you were against being treated like a girl? She didn't say anything, but her eyes seemed to be saying something like this.

Kappei didn't exactly know how he should deal with the club members yet. Should he tell them that it was a marriage of convenience? Could they trust them? No, even if they could, they should not take any chances. "I guess the cat is out of the bag. Uh, as you can see, me and Ranna are--"

"Getting married? Yes, that is obvious. But if you want to fool people that it is real, you need to be more intimate in public." She interrupted him again, showing that she was pretty perceptive. It might not have been that obvious to other people, but with what knowledge she already had, she had simply put two and two together and come to the logical conclusion.

OOC: No, I just read it incorrectly back then. By the way, Kara is the surprise encounter I mentioned in the private message. 

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna had a vague idea what Kara was saying with her look, that was why she preferred not to have this encounter.  Trying to explain it, especially with Kappei around was too much of a pain.  If she said what she wanted to, there was going to be another lecture about she should pretend to like this idea and she was too worn out still from the previous one.  Though at least, as she continued to listen, she was happy enough that Kara was smart enough to see through it.  "...Good luck with that.  This is his idea, and Reiko's, not mine."  If she had already figured it out, she was not going to pretend this was something more than it was with Kara.  Maybe she could be forced to do it to a degree with random people, but not in this case.  She could answer that look the girl gave her.  She had no idea how Kara would react to that, but she preferred being honest about it when she could.

Kappei had been interrupted twice now and he had no desire for it to happen again so he chose to just remain quiet. What Kara was saying actually held a lot of merit, but it wasn't something that the youngest one of the two Rangorn sisters would just agree too.

"Is that how it is?" Kara studied Ranna's face, then looked down at the book that were in Ranna and Kappei's lap. Her eyes became thin for a moment.

"I don't intend to help you pick out your wedding dress. You should ask your sister or maybe Madeline to help with that!" She declared, recalling how she had been bamboozled into wasting valuable time helping this girl find a costume for the party.

"...But I can help you with your rings." She said, gesturing for the book again. What had brought her attention was not that Ranna was getting married, but rather the talk about the rings.

Ranna still felt awkward about all that planned shopping outing, no idea how well it was going to, what was going to happen with the other thing Kara wanted to meet about too.  She still was not really sure what that was even about.  The wedding dress was not something she wanted to think about, but knew she would get 'help' even without asking. "Trying to stop Reiko from helping there is a complete impossibility."  One of those sisterly moments Reiko had been dreaming of for ages.  There was no way she was not going to try to help with that and the marriage in general.  She could just picture it now, the endless excitement and energy, the light in her eyes.  Reiko would almost be acting like the bride.  Reinforcing the idea that she was the one that should be marrying Kappei.

She did not really get it, why Kara seemed different right now, why she was so interested in this.  She shrugged it off, waited to see what Kara would do, returning her attention to the pearl in the other hand for a moment.

Kara ignored Ranna's comment about Reiko. She had no interest in weddings. Her interest was in magic. The Rangorn sibling's curse itself held some interest and with this new development, it was a good opportunity to look into it. "You will have to come to my lab so I can do some proper calculations, of course, but--"

"Wait, hang on a minute, lab? What are you talking about?" Kappei interrupted, earning himself an annoyed look from Kara.

"Yes, we can make much better rings if we have more exact data." Kara explained, feeling it was a waste of time explaining the obvious. The boy Ranna was with didn't seem very bright.

"I am Kara Spade." She said, repeating her introduction. Finally she could see some sort of understanding dawning on the guy. She turned her attention to Ranna again.

"I will create the best rings our technology can create." This boutique was using products created by the Spade family company. Kara had visited the place to ask the people working there about what products was most popular.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna was not really sure what was happening here.  She had hoped for a distraction from all this, but now it looked like Kara had a reason of her own to get involved.  She was not looking forward to going to a lab, not sure what to expect.  “What about this?”  She held up her closed hand, if they were still stuck waiting however long they still needed to hold their pearls, still only having a vague idea of what the point of it was, and what the results of it was supposed to be.  She was fine getting rid of it now, though she expected she would have to do it all over in that case.

As of on queue, the moment Ranna raised her hand that she was holding the pearl in to ask about it, the thing started glowing. Same thing happened with Kappei's pearl at the exact same time.

"Those pearls are means to measure your wavelength." She explained matter of factly. You had to know the wavelengths of the people that would be wearing the rings so that you could synchronize them properly.

"But that is all it does. I can run some more thorough tests with my lab equipment." Kara smiled, but it could hardly be called a pretty smile. All teeth it was closer to a grin. Her eyes were drawn to Ranna's bracelet and she pointed at it.

"Hold up your communicator and I will link it up with my own." She told Ranna. If they linked their communicators she could get a hold of Ranna more easily tomorrow.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna had to wonder if that was really a coincidence, it just felt strange it would glow at exactly that moment.  She did not really get what was meant by wavelengths, but was glad enough to be done with it.  She lifted her arm further to let Kara do her thing with the bracelet.  She had no idea how much use would come out of that.  Kara did not seem like the sort who would make small talk.  Would be surprised if they became anything like real friends, though she intended to try to get along and see what happened.  Though now she was not sure if the idea was to go this lab tonight or not.

If Ranna had asked more about the pearls and wavelengths, Kara would have rolled her eyes and explained. The reason why measuring wavelengths did not seem an exact science was because it required special circumstances to take place. One of the main things was synchronization. When Ranna had asked about the pearls, she had been sharing that feeling with Kappei, and that was why the measuring had been able to finish.

"Tomorrow after we have found you a costume, we'll go directly to the lab." Kara stated, holding up her hand against Ranna's bracelet. Ranna could see some blue patterns suddenly appearing between her bracelet and the other girls hand, and then it was finished.

Listening to what the raven haired girl was saying, Kappei got a bit concerned. To avoid as much danger as possible, he and Ranna had to get engaged tommorow at the latest. How long were these tests going to take? And what was all this talk about shopping for a costume? "Hold up, how long is this going to take. Ranna and I need to register our enga--"

"Ranna, this guy is an idiot. You need to keep a tighter reign on him." Kara rudely interrupted Kappei again. He really wasn't able to handle girls like Kara that were unable to listen to other people. Ranna might have been a sassy brat, but even she wasn't this rude.

"You will have time to get engaged. There is no problem. I would not have decided on this if there was a problem." She declared. She completely ignored Kappei, talking directly to Ranna instead. Kappei just gave up on the idea of saying anything more. He'd just talk it out with Ranna later when this troublesome rich girl left.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna's lips twisted in a suppressed laugh when she heard Kara Kappei an idiot.  Maybe there was potential for some sort of friendship there in the long term after all.  Though she was not expecting it to happen anytime quickly.  Could not rush something like that, with someone like this.  Though she was not exactly sure what to expect in all of this.  "Is there anything I know or expect before we do that?"  She was still not sure what the girl planned, what exactly would happen in the lab.  She would go through with it if it helped, but she would like to know a head of time, if anything weird was going to happen.  She was at least slightly optimistic about the shopping part of tomorrow, a little less bothered by their earlier brief unpleasantness.

Having to explain magical theorems to people not familiar with even basic magic knowledge was a pain. But Ranna was supposed to be smart according to her sister, and she had been accepted into the school because of her scholarly achievements. So maybe she didn't have to worry too much about that?

"I am going look at your Mana and how it is affected by your curse." She explained, in the end deciding not to use technical terms after all. Despite Mana being something you learned about when you started in elementary school, since it was something mundane that existed everywhere, it was something that a remarkable amount of people just took for granted. Nobody really cared why the trains moved because of magic, they just knew that they did. Only things such as combat magic garnered enough interest for people to put in at least the minimum required effort to study it. Why learn magic, when magic made your life so easy that you didn't have to learn how to use it? The whole disposition was anathema to Kara.

"Don't you want to know?" Her eyes glittered. She pointed at the book again.

"Give the pearls to Miss Callaway here, and tell her that I will personally create your rings for you." She told Ranna, not bothering to explain who Miss Callaway was. Kara had always hated having to explain obvious things to people, so she had a tendency to leave out stuff she considered redundant. Anyone with even half a brain should understand that Miss Callaway was the saleslady.

Finished with her business, without wasting time on something as pointless bad saying goodbye, she nodded and then turned around and walked out of the building.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna supposed she did want to know, but it had been the procedures she had been more curious about and was asking about.  If there was going to be anything weird/awkward/painful.  That question had been left unanswered, she would just have to wait, see if it was better or not that she did not know.  After Kara left, she stared at the now glowing pearl for another second.  “Are we done, after dropping these off?”  This had gone longer than Ranna hoped.  She was looking forward to being able to finally get some rest.  The last night in her room.

Kappei had originally wanted to tell the saleslady what type design they wanted on their rings and what features they needed, but with Kara taking over the creation, it was pointless to do that. Ranna would just have to have that discussion herself when she met up with Kara again.

"Yeah, we'll do what your friend suggested and tell the saleslady, then I'll bring you back to your dorm room." Kappei told Ranna, feeling a bit spaced out because of the sudden encounter. It was always easier to deal with things when you followed a plan.

He stood up and offered Ranna his hand. Even if she didn't like the idea of being in a fake relationship with him, he was still going to be a gentleman and treat her like a princess.

"We'll get engaged tomorrow and move into the residential area in the afternoon." He told her as he took her small dainty hand in his own large masculine hand.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna did not feel like clarifying she and Kara were not exactly friends yet.  She still had no idea how that was going to go, what to expect at the lab or their shopping.  But she would not rule it out either.  She reluctantly took the hand again, was this going to be a constant thing?  She tried not to think about it, as they looked for the saleslady, hopefully their last interaction for the day.

Kappei had tried to explain to Ranna that they would need to look like they were a couple and that she was enjoying his company. As such, holding hands and smiling was the bare minimum. She wasn't smiling, so all they really had so far was the handholding.

"Miss Spade wanted us to tell you that she would handle the rings herself." Kappei explained to the saleslady as he and Ranna handed their pearls to her. The lady didn't say anything. She just accepted the pearls and put them back into their box. Done with their business in the store, Kappei took Ranna's hand again and left the store.

The walk to the trolley stop wasn't a very long one and took less than five minutes. Waiting there for around five minutes more, Kappei allowed Ranna to climb up first before following her.

At this late in the evening, the trolley was full of people that were just going for a joyride. These wagons were after all, one of the more popular places for students to fool around at. While not as packed as it always were on the trolleys during the morning rush, it still wasn't any seats to sit on left. Forced to stand again, Kappei made sure to place Ranna out of reach for other people.

Men and women were kissing each other. One guy had his hand inside a girls blouse while she had her hand down his pants. Another girl had both her tits out with a boy sucking on one of her nipples while a girl was sucking on the other one. The boy and the girl each had a hand inside of her polkadot panties. Further down the line another girl was on her knees yacking of two guys, a penis in each of her hands. Another boy was gripping her head as she sucked him off. 

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna was of course not that surprised by what they found on the train.  She did her best to ignore it, though it was hard not to notice with so much of it around them.  She just sighed and closed her eyes, trying to think about other things.  Hoping there was not a distraction like before.  No matter how logical it was, she could not pretend to be happy about the situation.  She tried to think of something to pass the time, to distract herself.  Memories of the past, a little wondering of what might happen later.  She did consider the secret gift she was given earlier.  It was a little tempting, but did she really want to get like that in a place like this?  She could not rule out the possibility she might try to drunkenly hit on some of the girls around her or something like that.

The trolley chugged along it's normal track and should arrive at Ranna's dorm within around eight minutes. That was, unless there were any interruptions. Of course, that was exactly what happened this time. The trolley ran from four in the morning until one in the night, constantly grinding down on the tracks and machinery. Naturally, this meant that components would break down eventually, and such a case happened now.

After less than a minute of traveling, the train simply stopped, coming to a halt before it had reached the next station. To avoid people getting hurt, the doors only opened if the train arrived at a station, the end result being that everyone inside of the wagons were stuck there on situations like these.

"I guess luck wants our date to go on for a little bit longer." Kappei joked with Ranna, trying to make her laugh at what had happened. Depending on what had broken down, they might have to wait her for only a couple of minutes, but it might also be a question of hours.

The other passengers didn't seem to mind much yet though, since a  good chunk of them had just been using the trolley as a place to express their deviance. Instead they just laughed it off and continued what they had been doing, with some of the other previously unengaged starting to join in.

• 2 weeks later...

Just great, just great.  Ranna let out a soft sigh in irritation.  A school funded and attended by the world’s elite should do a better job maintaining things like this.  Should just regularly replace just to help avoid  it.  They ought to have the money to do that and indulge in their obsessions with luxury.  If it was just a few minutes, that would not be so bad.  If it was longer, she would have to figure something out.  If it was especially long eyes might get drawn to her.  She had a feeling what Kappei would suggest in that case, but if she had to get desperate she was more inclined to try to find a way to change to a boy, in spite of the uniform, and try to spend some time with one of the girls on the train, protection period or not.  But that was only worth considering if they were stuck here for a while.  Her little treat seemed more appealing.  “It has been a long day, don’t expect me to have too much enthusiasm.”  She said with a very forced smile, making the point that she did want to hear more about faking being the happy couple, or other advice like that.

The danger was real, and while they didn't have to take any drastic measures yet, this was exactly the type of situation Kappei had warned Ranna about. With the train having stopped like this and more of the passengers getting frisky with each other, the people that chose not to were starting to stand out.

"Yeah, this isn't really my thing either." Kappei remarked, seemingly in reply to Ranna's own comment. When they had climbed into the wagon he had strategically placed himself between Ranna and everyone else, but he hadn't expected the train to stop. Would his countermeasures be enough?

"I'll make it up to you later when we get back to my room." Of course, what he was saying was just an act he was putting on to explain why they weren't starting getting it on. He hoped Ranna understood, and he hoped she took a queue and made it clear that she wasn't interested in a train romp either.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna knew what he was doing, it did not make hearing stuff like any more pleasant.  She shuffled around in her pocket.  It was getting more and more appealing to resort to that, even if it was not necessarily safe.  "Yeah, you better."  Of course she wanted him to 'make it up to her' in a way that she wanted, something that made all this pain of the past few days worth it.  Not the way anyone might think.  "...Give me something to irritate my nose a bit."  She said quieter now "...I'll prove everything I told you about myself.  Breaking the rules, having fun with a girl earlier than I should is better than the alternative."  She had not committed to the idea, but put it out there as an alternative, something to at least think about.  If they got stuck here too long.  It wasn't the only rule she was thinking about breaking.  Another moment or two, she was probably going to put one of those candies in her mouth.

Ever since he'd met her, Kappei had tried his best to help Ranna. But if she had asked him outright to 'make it up to her' for the past few days, he would have been a bit stumped at what to do. He could understand that she wasn't thrilled about the way he would protect her, but he had already done everything he could think of to make it more bearable. The whole issue was possibly complicated further because it seemed Ranna herself wasn't exactly sure what she wanted. She could tell him what she didn't want, but not really what she desired.

"Your nose?" Kappei queried in an equally hushed tone. What was she talking about now? Having never seen her change sex before, Kappei did not realize that Ranna was talking about sneezing. So he assumed that she was talking about his pubic hair irritating her nose. And then she was hinting that she would bite him. Kappei cleared his throat.

"You won't have anything to complain about. Aside from maybe being tired tomorrow." He answered her in a normal tone again. Around a meter in front of them, a girl had just started lowering herself on a boy's penis. Her feet firmly planted on either side of him on the seat, she was squatting over him and facing towards them. She obviously wanted them to watch because she was trying to make eye contact with both Kappei and Ranna. Things had already started to escalate, and Kappei didn't like it.

Ranna realized he did not get it, but did not feel like spelling it out.  Though that still seemed like the safest option, especially if the train did not start very soon.  She let out a soft sigh as she saw the girl in front of them.  "Does she expect me to do that too, or something?...Good luck..."  She said, barely louder than a whisper, said almost more to herself than Kappei.  She was not sure if the girl just wanted an audience or was aiming for something else.  Was it dangerous to watch?  It was hard not to.  She might have had an issue doing it herself, but she did not mind being audience to others.  She pulled one of the small candies out her pocket.  She was about ready to put it in her mouth, it was hard to ignore the temptation.  But she waited a moment, wanting it to look natural and no one else to realize what she was doing.  She waited partially to see if the girl would close her eyes once she got going, or if she intended to stare at them the whole time.

The rather dark skinned girl licked her lips and kept staring at Ranna and Kappei. She hadn't been able to hear what the two of them had been whispering, but she was perfectly within hearing range to pick up the fake conversation that Kappei wanted people like her to hear.

It seemed to her that the little pink haired girl was going to get some serious dicking too later. She wished she could have watched it happen. She might have been a hardcore exhibitions, but she also enjoyed watching other people having sex.

Kappei watched the display in front of them with a rather detached expression. Maybe this sort of show was affecting Ranna at least a little bit more than she would have cared to admit, but it didn't really do anything for him. Kappei might have many sexual fetishes, ass-whorship and and a love for girl's panties among them, but Voyerism wasn't even on his radar. All he wanted was for the trolley to get started again so that he and Ranna could get out of this situation.

Edited by Nan-Yo

It helped that Ranna was still new here and had not seen nearly as much of this sort of thing as many others yet.  She was perfectly willing to admit she found the other girl rather attractive too, and would not have minded being the boy with her at all.  She could not help but stare.  Was there really anything wrong with that?  She would have to get used to the sights eventually too.  Outside of the gymnastic club, this was also the sort of girl any of her potential future friends might be.  It was not impossible she would be properly meeting this girl later, though very unlikely.

She took the chance.  Lifting her hand.  Scratching a pretend itch on her cheek, she snuck one of the candies in her mouth.  Sucking on it a little, subtly, feeling again.  Still mild, but enjoyable.  Now she was smiling, just a little, at the other girl.  Silently encouraging her, telling her Ranna found her attractive and wanted to see it again.  Imagining the sorts of things they might talk about, if they ended up in class together.  Wondering what having a girl like that as a friend would be like.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up