Another chance - Ranna and Kappei

“Somebody hasn’t been listening.”  Ranna of course meant the fact she was not a girl, but she was sure that would be misunderstood yet again and did not want to bother spelling it out, if it was not going to work.  What she would consider a good time was not as easy a question as it should have been though.  She was still adjusting, both to how things worked here, as well as her position as a social outcast.

”To be honest, I just did not want to try to pick something good here or anywhere else in the area.  I don’t know how possible it actually was to impress me with food.”  It was good enough, honestly.  Not the sort of place she want to come back to, mostly due all the formality and fanciness.  But not something she would complain to other people about either.  It would not take her too much longer to finish.

• Love 1

Kappei felt that he had a pretty good understanding of who Ranna was as a person, not just having been told so much her by her sister, but now also having spent some time actually talking to her. She was a girl that didn't really know what she wanted to do in life. She had plenty of things that she liked doing according to Reiko, but she had never been super invested in any of it. Remembering how the older Rangorn sister had bragged about how good Ranna were at studying and doing sports, Kappei had tried opening up a conversation about these things only to be met with disinterest at best.

"I guess I could have taken you on a picnic? But that doesn't really feel like something you would do a first date to me." He told her getting close to finishing the food he had on his plate now. The Ryouseiku Academy campus catered to the whims and wishes of the people studying there and actually had more to offer in entertainment than a lot of small towns did... but even here in the recreation zone the school atmosphere was ever present. It was something you learned to live with and ignore after you had settled in and stayed here for a while... but it was unsettling for a lot of new students. "I feel kind of like I'm failing here... but maybe it is better if you decide what we'll do on our next date?"

Edited by Nan-Yo

There was a few problems with that question.  First that Ranna was not really thrilled about this whole plan in the first place.  She did not really want to be on dates at all.  She would have been somewhat more motivated if their positions were switched.  But that led back to the problem of not having a good idea of how she would have a good time in a place like this.  Even if that had not been the case, it was hard to think of anything she would want to do that would not feel strange doing as a ‘date’ with a boy.

“I dunno.  This was your idea, which I was never very excited about.  There   is a whole variety of reasons that I don’t have any good ideas of what to do.”  The whole idea of dating here in general was just weird too, even if it was more appealing than the alternative.

Her mind wandered in a different direction.  Being the ‘rebellious teen’, and thinking the waitress was in on it anyways, she was considering playing along partially with Reiko’s game here.  If she had a chance, she would get something worthwhile out of this experience.  Maybe she could find some amusement in all of this if she got drunk.  Granted, she had never been drunk.  She only had a vague idea of what it was like.  She supposed she had to be careful not to get too drunk, though she had no idea how hard that would be to avoid.

• Love 1

"Let's just do something you normally like doing on your free time then..." He supposed coming up with ideas for a date could feel a little daunting, but it would probably all work out if she just did something that she simply just enjoyed doing. Age also played into this a bit he supposed... being twenty years old already and taking the college courses on campus he was sure he a had a somewhat different idea of fun than what a kid like she was had.

"I need to use the bathroom." He told her, putting his knife and fork down on his empty plate. Ranna hadn't finished her food yet but there was no hurry. "Can you order us something more to drink in the meantime? Just wave a waiter over. I'll have the same think I drank before but you order whatever you want."

Not aware of Ranna's childish thoughts about getting drunk he got out of his chair and left their table. Alone with her thoughts now, Ranna was left with the task of ordering them something more to drink, and a sudden chance to actually put her silly idea into practice. But did she dare to do it?

OOC: Okay, Ranna is alone now. I will play the waiter when Ranna calls one over.

Not dealing with the same waitress this time?  Ranna had been hopeful to at least get some hint if her suspicions about the girl had been right.  If she was right, the girl would probably have been giddy to help in this.  Was this actually going to be as easy as she hoped?  Probably, this place was all about indulging your desires, at least as long as it did not impact your grades, and you did not rebel against the system.  You were not supposed to drink on the main campus, and could get in significant trouble if you did, but it could be overlooked here.  At least as long as it did not become an addiction.

She waved the waiter over.  “We would like new drinks, please.  My…date wants more of the same…Raspberry Freedom, I think he said it was.  I am going to be blunt though.  I want something strong this time.  Not strong in flavor I guess.  Not something that is obviously alcoholic when he sees it either, if possible.  I don’t feel like a possible lecture.  You can probably guess, but this is going to be my first time drinking.  I’ll consider any recommendations you can give me quickly.”  He had no reason to care as far as she was concerned, if anything, it was probably encouraged under the assumption it was just more likely to get the two of them in bed together.  That may have even been a stranger’s natural assumption for her goal.  Ranna had realized that risk, she only hoped she would not be that stupid when drunk.

• Love 1

"Something strong? May I take it you want something that is easy to drink? If that is the case I recommend the Chocolate Mint. It is a drink that goes well with desserts?" The waiter explained having already jotted down the order Ranna had made for Kappei. Twentyfive years of age he wasn't a graduate of the academy but was a relative of one of the teachers. Thanks to this he had managed to land himself a job in the recreation zone. He hadn't worked here for more than a year though so his understanding of how things worked around here were dubious at best. he fully well understood how debauchery was encouraged, but he also had misunderstood some points and wrongly believed that mean that there were no real rules at all. This was why he didn't question why a clearly underage person ordering alcohol for herself.

"Should I tell the kitchen to start bringing out your desserts while I'm at it?" He added, gesturing at Ranna's nearly empty plate. The waiter did indeed think that she was up to no good and had some ulterior motives trying to get drunk but he didn't give it much thought. He was just there to do his job. What this brat did or didn't do wasn't any of his business. A student of the academy might actually have been interested, but this waiter only saw her as a dumb kid.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna would have probably attempted this one way or another.  The relaxed nature of the school in certain areas just made it easier.  Let her be blatant about it.  She was at that age, where many become more curious.  And it was the only way she would get any fun out of this.  She was sure Reiko would have something to say about it, and hopefully one drink did not make her sick, but it worth it all.  The recommendation sounded promising, both for the taste and hopefully something Kappei would not recognize as alcoholic.  She nodded along as he recommended.  “That sounds promising, I’ll go with that.”

Kappei had not mentioned dessert, but she saw no harm in getting that now too.  “I suppose we are ready for the dessert as well.”  The main meals were almost done, she did not really want to needlessly delay any other step of the process here.  She was also aware she had no clear idea of what state she would be in soon.  She had no idea how much she would need to drink before feeling the effect, or how strong the effect would be.  But that was part of the appeal of all this, finding out those things for herself.

• Love 1

"I'll tell the kitchen then." The waiter said with a practiced smile on his lips and left. He was of course a professional so he didn't allow his own set of morals interfere with his work. 

Left alone with her own thoughts again Ranna didn't have to wait long before another waiter came out with the drinks and cleared the table of the empty plates.

Having finished his business and washed his hands, Kappei came back to their table just as their desserts were being brought out.

"Did you miss me?" He joked as he reclaimed his seat in front of her. All things considered he thought their date had gone pretty well. While he had not been able to make it exactly a fun night out, he had succeeded in showing her that it didn't have to be anything bad either. 

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna ignored the joke but did not show any irritation towards it.  "The waiter asked if we wanted dessert with the new drinks,  I saw no reason not to say yes."  She had no problem hiding that she asked for something she was not supposed to.  She was not worried about that.  She did not want him to recognize what the drink was before she had a chance to drink, but she was sure he would figure it out by the time the day was over, possibly before they left.  So there was no point worrying about it now.  But she did not have any idea how fast it would happen.  She took a small drink, to test the taste and ease of it going down, before starting to eat the dessert.  It went down easy enough, she assumed she would have to drink a significant amount of the glass before she started feeling it though.

• Love 1

"Yes, their desserts are pretty popular. Sometimes I suspect that people only buy dinner here so that they can order the dessert as well." Kappei smiled and put a spoonful of  banana-split ice cream into his mouth, it was absolutely delicious. He supposed he should have expected it, but it was still kind of depressing that finding out that Ranna hadn't even paid enough attention to their date that she had heard him ordering them desserts back when he had ordered their dinner.

The Chocolate Mint was a warm beverage which contrasted nicely with the cool ice cream. It had a pleasant sweet taste with a bit of a spicy bite coming from the distinct mint flavor. The waiter had been correct, as far as drinks went it was extremely easy to drink, maybe a bit to easy. After all, there was nothing stopping a person from ordering another one if the first glass got empty. As far as getting drunk, Ranna did not get the immediate effect that she had hoped for, in fact she didn't feel anything at all. In this lay the trap however as an experienced drinker would have been quick to tell her that the alcohol crept up on people and would jump in effect as soon as you stood up.

OOC: Feel free to play out Ranna slowly getting more and more drunk and ordering more drinks whenever she empties the first glass. Considering her young age and petite body, one or two drinks will probably be enough for her to become 'blind drunk'.

Ranna had heard him mention it earlier, she just had not been listening to what it was.  The dinner itself was not something she cared all that much about.  Not until now at least.  She casually drank a little more between each bite or two.  It was a similar pace to how she drank the last one.  But there was more appeal this time.  There was not an obvious change yet, but she was perhaps more relaxed than she had been.  One might say more willing to speak her mind, and bluntly, though she was already willing to do that to the point it probably would not have been a noticeable change to either of them.  "I suppose its good, but I don't know about that good."  She was not really sure if it was possible she would find anything in the area she enjoyed eating that much.  At least to go to a place like this.

Her next question may or may not have been influenced by her drink.  "So, let me guess, you took Reiko here before haven't you?  Probably multiple times?  I suppose she may have enjoyed it more."  She was rather skeptical about the idea that the two of them had a purely innocent friendship.  While he did seem less sex obsessed than most of the boys on campus, she found it hard to believe he usually took an approach like this with girls most of the time, or that Reiko would have wanted it to remain that way, especially over several years.

• Love 1

"Actually, it was your sister that found this restaurant." maybe it would have been hard for Ranna to imagine, but the relationship between Kappei and Reiko really had been innocent. If anything he had seen her as a younger sister or cousin. Kappei was of course a pervert, but maybe because of this he wasn't acting like a sex maniac on campus. When sex was easy it just became rudimentary... it lost a lot of the appeal. Rather than the actual sex itself, Kappei was more interested in the girls themselves.

"It was back before she had settled down and gotten a better handle on her situation. Having a place where she could just focus her thoughts and forget about what people expected of her helped your sister a lot". It seemed Ranna had not been as ecstatic about the ice cream that he had hoped. Maybe she was one of those more rare girls that preferred sour foods?

That did not completely surprise Ranna.  Reiko was the sort who was more likely to enjoy this sort of thing than she ever was.  Fancy clothes, dressing up, formality.  This school would have appealed to her sister as a place to experience a sort of life she would have had no chance of living otherwise.  Possibly not even just temporarily.  With the right connections here, she could live a much better rest of her life.  Reiko loved that sort of thing, had always loved it, part of the problem was she wanted Ranna to love it just as much.

"Settled down?  Heh.  Thanks to your phone call idea, I know things about about her I would have preferred not to know.  Okay, I was already starting to suspect it, but having it confirmed is different."  That probably was the alcohol talking.  Outspoken as she was, she might have been a little reluctant to mention her sister's sex life without it.  "That's what this is about to her, you know?  She wants me in your bed, or in some boy's bed.  Not being a complete slut like so many here, but still getting screwed regularly."  She thought she was starting to feel it now, it was certainly interesting, she took a longer drink from the glass, but still not drinking it too fast.  She was probably half way through the glass now, and started spending more time on the food.

• Love 1

"I think you are too young to be doing that kinda stuff now..." Ranna seemed to have misunderstood something... while it was probably true that her sister wanted her to end up dating a guy, the whole point of Ranna doing so was for her to find her happiness and security. Reiko wasn't wrong either, deep down on a biological level, females were programmed with a desire to have children a build a family. "But in the future when you find somebody that you like, would that really be such a bad thing though?"

Kappei was really savoring the dessert, taking his sweet time eating it as he relaxed a little more and enjoyed their date. There was an undeniable feeling of female energy permeating the air, a warmth that only girls exuded. To be more precise it was what some would refer to as female charm. Yes, all girls possessed this, some more than others and some almost not at all. Ranna Rangorn, despite just being a selfish troublesome brat, possessed a lot of it.

"I said I would protect you Ranna, and I intend to keep my word if you'll let me... so you don't have to worry about your sister or any of that other stuff." Just like Reiko had, Ranna herself made Kappei almost feel like he was dealing with a troublesome younger sister. The Rangorn sisters had different personalities for sure, but they were both kind and caring girls at heart.

That was just one of the problems here.  That was also just Reiko's mindset.  That having sex with a guy as a girl would be one way to awaken her as a girl.  At least if she did it with an open mind.  Even Reiko understood it would do more harm than good if it happened under the wrong circumstances.  Reiko approached it more softly than other methods, but brought it up as a suggestion occasionally, including the phone call.  Ranna also fully understood Reiko had a slightly more 'traditionalist' view of being a woman.  Not inferior to men, but still considered the idea of being a wife/mother rather important for them as a gender, having an equal but somewhat different place in a family.  "Yet that's what she wants.  But if we are on that subject, aren't I also too young to be 'dating' you?"  Even in her currently mild drunkenness, Ranna did not go so far as to suggest/ask if he was just into girls her age.  That would be too far, this was originally Reiko's idea after all.

"She takes all this far more seriously than you think.  I'd give it a 50 50 chance that waitress is a friend of hers in on it.  You are somewhat involved too, whether you realize it or not."  Just being that age and still around here was enough to put the idea in Ranna's head.  She was willing to admit it could be wrong, but she would not dismiss the possibility yet either.  "And if you'd been listening earlier, you would get I'd be much more interested in finding a girl, for 'someone I'd like'."  She had partially given up on trying to get him to believe in the curse, until he saw it for himself, but especially in her current state, she would remind him when it seemed relevant.

She had gone through the rest of glass faster.  She figured it was risky to get a second glass though.  She had no idea how much she could drink, or how many glasses of it were safe.  But she had wanted to finish that one.  It did make her eat a little slower, but she was still going at a reasonable pace.

• Love 1

"Yes, that is why we are only pretending to date?" Kappei told her, wondering why she had brought that up. He had been very clear about her going out with him was only make-belief and something they would be doing so that she could avoid having to deal with doing any of it for real. Of course the engagement he had planned for them as the second phase of his plan to protect her would have to be real.

"You should just think of me as a convenient get out of free card you can use if you get hassled." If she wanted to play around with girls he wouldn't stop her... he'd help her make sure that the girls weren't bad people of course first, but he wouldn't try to stop her from having an actual real love life if that was what she wanted. His plan to protect her just meant that he was going to try to keep unwanted attention away from her... not attention she was trying to seek out herself.

Ranna still did not fully believe he was only looking for fake dating, though she was much less suspicious than she had been when they first met.  The question was more directed at how it would look to others.  "Jus don't blame me when your friends other than Reiko see me."  Of course, she still found the whole situation weird and assumed others hearing they were 'dating' would be at least as weird as the age gap to the average student here.  Of course she had to wonder how much of an impact it would have on her too.  She at least assumed the girls in her last class, who saw them together, were going to want to ask her about it, maybe even see is she could help hook them up with Kappei.

Had she slurred slightly when she said that?  Having a little more food after saying that, she hoped one time did not come off as too suspicious.  So this was what it was like to be drunk?  She was starting to feel it more now.  Not something she wanted to do regularly, but this was not going to be the last time either, if she could get away with it.  She had nothing to complain about regarding the experience, at least not yet.

• Love 1

Friends huh? Did he have any? Of course he did but he wasn't as close to them as he wished he had been. No, his closest friend really was Ranna's sister.

"My friends will just say that you are cute and that you are too good for me." Despite savoring his dessert, Kappei had now finished more than half of it. At first he was a little confused what Ranna was getting at but then he remembered that she was supposedly a boy. But even if she was, she was assuming that it would be a major problem for him.

"Maybe they will say the same about my new 'friends' I introduce you to."  While Ranna had always been outspoken, she was now starting to just speak instead of think.  For now that was harmless, but even in her clouded drunk mind, she realized she should be a little more careful about that.  There were still at least a few things she probably wanted to keep to herself.  But she kept going on that thought, now that it had been spoken.  She was also trying her best not to slur, he would figure out she was drunk eventually, but no reason to rush it.  "I saw how some of the girls in class were looking at you.  I bet you saw it too.  They are going to be bugging me about this tomorrow, probably want to meet you."  Honestly that did not bother her, she even thought it might be fun.  They would enjoy it more than she would too, after all.

• Love 1

"If this is going to work I can't be running around after other girls." Much later when they had established themselves as a couple they would be able to invite other people, but that would only be under strict rules where they controlled the where, when and how. Besides, Ranna was remarkably cute so while his acquaintances saying she was to good for him was a given, that didn't mean that they would say the same thing about any other girls.

"Don't worry about it other girls bugging you about me, I have a plan for that too." He was referring to the whole engagement plan. Unless dictated so by a bet in the arena, the school rules did not force anyone into any type of relationship... there simply was no need to. The majority of students preferred open relationships and a flexible sex life, so it was harder to stay celibate. There were exceptions though, some more powerful than others. The most potent one was of course engagement and then marriage. Once you were engaged, it made you an official couple,and while this was extremely rare it was something that was sanctioned by the academy itself. The reason for this was so that the school could make sure that nothing ruined any ties that would benefit the school. Free sex was encouraged, but not if it caused rifts. This of course didn't mean that sexual relations with am engaged or married couple was forbidden... It meant that any sex outside of the marriage has to be known by both parties and that it was only the married couple that could hit on other people, not the other way around

“That’s the big if after all.”  Ranna was still partially failing to keep her thoughts out of her mouth.  But she had already made her skepticism to this plan quite clear.  She doubted that many people here would care about any sort of official relationship.  Only the somewhat more reasonable/decent people.

She was already vaguely aware of the other planned aspect of this, though had not guessed his plan.  It had been stated both by her chaperone and some teachers, everyone was strongly encouraged to marry another student before graduating.  It was a completely official and legal marriage, but technically just one to be for show, officially both spouses were still encouraged to sleep around.  Part of that intended ‘new world order’ was to eventually make the school’s open sexuality universal, but until then, they encouraged to do it behind the scenes and have an official husband or wife.  She was actually a little surprised Kappei had not chosen Reiko for that, even if they were not sleeping together, which she still doubted.

”I’d also wonder if they even would care about your plan, or just try harder.”  These were young girls, just starting to indulge in such open sexuality.  While she did not see it their way, she could understand why they might find an older boy like this rather appealing.

• Love 1

"No, they might try harder... but it shouldn't really affect you in a negative way is what I'm saying." Yes, it was encouraged, no even promoted that everyone should sleep around. But the world was still a far way off from the open sexual debauchery the academy championed. The wars in the African continent that had continued for the past twenty years had been contained there, but it had a stronger influence on society than any plans the school were trying to set into motion. In short, Urbanus dream was closer of coming into fruition than Ryouseiku's was. But neither Ranna nor Kappei were privy to such things. Kappei only saw a girl in trouble that he wanted to help.

"You saw how nobody bothered you when you were with me right? I was thinking of telling you the next part of the plan on our next date when you had seen the effects for yourself but... well basically the gist here is that I think we should get engaged to each other."  Married couples taking in extra lovers was seen as something natural but there was no rule that they had to.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna was fairly sure the age/size difference was part of why that worked that time, and was not likely to work every time.  But she was too distracted by what came of his mouth next.  “Huh?”  Was all she said at first, as her clouded mind tried to process what was just said.  “…Tis was Reiko’s idea, wazzunt it?”   She asked, shaking her head in shock.  She was no longer trying to control her voice.  “Go marry her, she’d like that.  She’s also the age she should do it.”  It was better just to get everything out in the open now, if he wanted to suggest something like that.  “If were mitting crazy thins now, I shud tell you…I’m pretty drunk right now.  Yeah, knew what I wuz ordering.  Was my idea.”  She could not help but briefly laugh at how slurred that came out.  She was too drunk to be ashamed about admitting it.

• Love 1

Kappei looked at Ranna quizzically as she admitted to being drunk, the alcohol in her body suddenly deciding to really kick. He really wanted to know why she'd think that doing this was a good idea, but that would be a dumb question in and by itself. It was because she a kid... and kids did dumb things... even the smart ones.

"No that's... why would I marry her? She doesn't need my protection anymore... you on the other hand..." Kappei waved for one of the waiters to come over. He didn't know how much Ranna had gotten into her system, but considering her tiny body it probably wouldn't take much for her to get drunk out of her mind. Which settled it, the date was officially over and it had not ended the way he had hoped it would either. Would she even remember what they had discussed tomorrow?

"Check please." He told the waiter, watching the guy leave nod and then take his leave. Even in a finer establishment like this one it was likely that they believed that he was in a hurry to leave because he had planned to do something perverted with his date, when sadly all he wanted was to make sure that she got home safely.

"...Hey, I still get what your implying."  Ranna irritatingly replied.  She did not need protection because she chose to this.  Maybe if she got carried away and did it regularly.  One time was another matter though.  "You ask why, still sound like her."  She was only more convinced they were a better match.  Oh, she was sure Reiko was going to have a talk with her after this, in a day or two.  But she went in knowing that, she was not naive enough to think Reiko would not find out one way or another.  She already prepared herself for that.  Well, maybe she would need a little help, she was not sure how she would feel after standing.  But she considered that different from protection.  "Ya wanted me to have a good time here, I thought a way to do that."  At least it was getting them out of here too.  She was close enough to done with her food.

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up