OOC talk for Monster Academy.

Alright. First of all: I don't think we should argue about semantics. Call it godmodding, call it OP, whatever your character is, it's way beyond the power level of the setting and is most certainly not fitting as a student character in this universe.

Second of all: The fact that there is plenty of fiction about overpowered characters doesn't mean that it's fair to play one in a public roleplay. There's a multitude of differences between an author writing literature, and someone writing a roleplay with other people. You could consider the latter more as a game, where players have to cooperate and respect each other. Ecchidreams has a great guide on etiquette of roleplaying, which Neptune linked a few posts back. If you read it, hopefully you'll understand why exactly is your behaviour unacceptable.

Third of all: Whatever drawbacks your character suffered from his deeds does not diminish or justify them in any way. The consequences you've described are just flavor at best, and do not reduce the power of your character in any way. If anything, they just make him edgy. Besides, the "god-killing" thing is only one of multiple issues with your content. You significantly more abilities than any other student (despite the rules forbidding that), your described powers are too powerful (omniscience, time control), you refuse to follow the format of your character sheet, and, although that is a matter of personal opinion, your character appears bland, edgy, and one-dimensional.

You have a lot of work before what you posted becomes playable in this roleplay. The best advice I can offer is either to write him from ground up, or look for a high power-level roleplay, where such characters are more suitable.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Icarian Dreams said:

Heyy @Thatannoyinggod! I've been taking a break from Monster Academy recently, but with you back, I think my hiatus is ending 😛

Wooot!!! Let's get the party pumping!

1 hour ago, Godot said:

Hey everyone, I apologize for the slow replies, it appears that I'm experiencing what you all call a "burnout" or... "loss of motivation."

Pretty weird timing, since my friends had just returned to the club and to the ED site in general. 

I apologize. I will try my respond as best I can in the coming days. 

Its all cool mate. I went through that as well. Thats kinda how my hiatus began. Take your time, do what you feel up to, and remember we'll all be here when you get back in your groove. 😁

• Woohoo 1