City of Sunveil

• Community Administrator

Kieron continued to follow the figure, slipping by people unnoticed as they paid him no more attention than they would a gentle breeze. He watched as they seemed to corner a complete stranger, a human by the looks of things. At first, there didn't seem to be anything going on, but as the guy started to become uncomfortable, his face contorting with fear. He could practically taste it, and he had to fight the urge to get closer to the man and consume him with the feelings of impeeding death. Instead, he turned his focus on the woman, pausing for a moment before he stepped closer, allowing her to both see and sense him. He watched her for a moment before turning his head towards the human once again. He licks his lips, unable to help himself, "You're good." He complimented, watching the terror filled human, relishing the taste of his fear.

• Woohoo 1

Jessica Parker is snickering evilly and menacingly, with a wide grin plastered onto her face. She is very much engrossed and enthralled with the mental torture of the horrified human male. She almost looks like she is literally drinking his fear and terror as he wails around on the ground, silently screaming and trying to flee. In reality, he is just staying in the same spot, but looking like he is trying to run and flee. Only once she hears someone speak to her, does she notice Kieron."H....huh? Ohh..well...thanks! So...you like to see humans...suffer too?", she says and then explains the nightmarish illusion she has given the human to be trapped in.

• Love 1

Keiron heard the female figure speak, but it took him several moments before he is able to pull his gaze from the human, enraptured by the terror that was pouring off of him in waves. But when he finally looked at her, he gave her a sinister smile in answer that spoke louder than words about his thoughts on the matter. He then listened carefully to her explanation, his body language telling on how intently he was hanging onto her every word. When she had finished, he gave her a grin, “So you’re a master illusionist? Impressive.” He looked back towards the human once again, “Illusions aren’t something I can do. But I can do terror inducement… make it feel as if death is snapping at their very heels. The horror people give off when they feel like that they’re a moment from death… mm. It’s delicious.” He licked his lips and let forth a low, sinister chuckle.

• Woohoo 1

The scarecrow woman continues her spell on the poor human's mind, his flailing and wailing keeping up as well. She cannot help but snicker in delight at the reaction she got from the Hellhound."Illusions are but one of my tools....but this is too public to really show them off or even talking openly about them. I am Jessica Parker, by the way.....and what may I call you? Haha,...now I do wish to see you in action as well. Honestly, it is much more fun to share the moments I think...but so far, I have met none others who take pleasure in torturing humans", she tells him.

• Love 1

Keiron gave her another of his wolfish grins, "I would be surprised if you could find others that enjoy our... hobby. Especially given all of the... human lovers." He said the last part with a hint of disdain, indicating that he thought low of even monsters who were friendly with humans. His tone lost its edge as he added, "It's nice to meet someone who recognises that humans need to be put back into their place. I'm Keiron Blackmoore." He glanced around, his eyes narrowing into a glare as he saw the crowded street, "Mm. We could take someone to a more... secluded spot. Don't want humans or human lovers to get all butthurt." He then scoffed a little.

• Woohoo 1

"Nice to meet you mr Blackmoore. Perhaps we should stick together and try out joint operations....it never hurts to have a partner you see eye to eye with. At least, from what I can tell so far, we do...", she says grins even wider. The human male has finally reached a point where he has passed out due to being overwhelmed like this. Now he is just an unconscious boring slab of human meat on the sidewalk."Pffftt...what weak creatures...can't even hold out against a simple nightmare illusion...say...how about you show me what you are able to do...with a fresh victim....and yes...more secluded", she says and snickers in delight.

• Love 1

"Just Keiron will be fine with you." Keiron told her in response to her formal use of his name. He usally didn't care how others referred to him as, but then he never really cared what they thought. Jessica, however, was different. For once, his first impression of her was that she would be a good person to know. She certainly knew how to have fun, unlike the human loving monsters who seemed to genuflect at the feet of humans. Something he absolutely refused to do. He then glanced towards the human that was now lying unconscious on the pavement, causing his lips to curl in disdain. Absolutely pathetic. He nodded his head in agreement to Jessica's idea. There were plenty of people hanging around the outskirts of the parade that finding a lone victim, or even two, was easily done.

However before he did anything of the sort he went over to the human and looked through his pockets. He was unconscious. What was he going to do about it? He pulled out the mans pocket, finding a rather nice amount of money. While he might not really need it, it certainly would be upsetting to the slab of meat to wake up to find that he had been mugged for all of his money. After a moment of hesitation he took all of his ID forms as well, such as his drivers license. He stood back up and smirked at Jessica as he slipped the items into his pocket, "That will cause all kinds of problems to him later. Anything to make his life more miserable." He said before stepping away, and stepping closer to the crowd so that he could skirt it and spy out a victim to play with. He glanced at Jessica to see if she was following.

• Love 1

Jessica snickers gleefully and in spite as Keiron is robbing the man of his possesions. Personally, she don't really have much interest in such items, but the fact that the person does, is enough to warrant her and Keiron to do so anyway."Excellent. If he was more isolated, I would even have stripped him naked to add insult to injury. Very nicely done, Keiron. I can tell you have a clear idea about how to handle the helpless", she says and smirks wide. Then she notices him scouting for potential victims, which is easy to recognize as she does the same whenever possible. She gives an acknowledging and confirming nod of the head as well.

As Keiron looks around for an new targets, he eventually spots someone who is standing by herself near an open alley way.

• Like 1

Keiron paused when he saw the long female that was foolishly hanging around an open alley way. She had no spotted him; her attention was focused on the crowd nearby. The idiot was completely oblivious to their presence. He took a moment to glance around to make sure that no one was watching and it seemed that, other than Jessica, no one seemed to even be looking in their direction. He turned his attention back to the human female. His body then shifted into his dog form and he began to move forwards on completely silent feet, unnoticed by the human female. He snuck up behind her, turning to face her, his red eyes glowing menacingly. The girl continued to stare out at the crowd however she tensed when Keiron let out a low growl, alerting her to his presence. She looked confused for a moment before she turned around. A gasp escaped her when she saw him, her confusion quickly morphing into fear. She took a step back, but suddenly froze when Keiron suddenly flooded her with the overwhelming feeling that death was fast approaching. An unconscious whimper escaped her throat as she trembled in terror. Her mouth opened and closed but no comprehensible sound was able to escape. Keiron's upper lip curled up in a grin that showed off his sharp teeth, causing her whimpering to increase. 

For now, Jessica is content with watching, wanting to see what Keiron is capable of an unsuspecting victim. Her smirk never seems to vanish as things progress nice and well. Both of them seem to know that proper torment and terror comes slowly, rather than fast and instantly. Instead, they both seem to revel in the drawn out mental anguish that slowly builds up in their victims as they are toyed with. She does her best to hold back a sinister snickering. Luckily, she can speak into his mind and thus can communicate without anyone noticing. Naturally, it only goes one way, so she cannot read his mind for any feedback."Ohh, nice. Very nice. I like where this is going Keiron!", she says with much enthusiasm.

Keiron's only visible reaction to Jessica's words was for his ear to twitch in her direction for a moment before it refocused on on the woman once again. The female's trembling only increased as he intensified the sense of death snapping at her heels. After a moment she fell to her knees, causing an audible cracking sound. Her eyes were wide and unseeing as tears began to fall from them. The tremours that ran through her body only increased in their intensity, causing her body to seem to twitch and jerk and she seemed to struggle to draw breath. Her whimpering only increased in vorume as Keiron stepped closer, the pads of his feet making no sound.

• Like 1

Jessica doesn't seem to have much to do right now, but she is still content with watching and letting Keiron do his thing in peace. Meanwhile, she casually keeps an eye on their surroundings, just to make sure things are uninterrupted and easy for the dog demon to work with. She could probably use some of her abilities to make them harder to notice, but since they have their limits, it would cause more trouble than good.

• Like 1

Keiron watched the human for a few moments, before ramping up the intensity of his death inducement, watching in delight as the woman started to have a full blown panic attack. Her chest heaved as she tried to draw in breath as more tears followed the first. Her eyes seem to fix on him, but still held that unfocused sheen to them. He could tell that she was close to passing out, and decided to leave her with one last gift for her to have nightmares about for the rest of her life. He tensed before jumping towards her, his mouth opening wide to show off the sharp teeth that could easily rend her flesh and spill her blood cross the alleyway. Her mouth opened, but no sound emerged as she attempted to scream. He didn't sink his teeth into her throat. Oh no, that would not do. After all, he wanted her to live to be haunted by her nightmares. He pushed the human down onto the pavement, his paw pressing against her throat as he snapped his teeth within centimetres of her face. She continued to try and scream but after a moment her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she went limp. Satisfied, Keiron moved off of her and resumed a more humanoid form as he smirked up at Jessica, "Entertaining enough for you?" He asked.

• Like 1

Jessica gleefully watches, most of her attention on the scene of horror before her, but a bit of it still making sure they are undisturbed in their doings. It certainly is more rough and bodily vicious than what she does, but very effective still and is certain to make the poor woman rethink her view on monsters. Jessica isn't really the combat type, so having someone more physical to aid her would be great."Oh, very delightful. I think you and I can do very well together! I even heard the Queen might be attending tonight", she replies back and motions for them to leave the woman where she is and move on.

• Like 1

Keiron tilted his head a little at her words, his eyes narrowing slightly. He then made a thoughtful sound low in his throat. He had not been aware that the Queen might make an appearance on this day. But then he had not read too much into this festival. All he knew was that it represented almost everything he hated. The damn humans, and human loving monsters. Before he got up to follow Jessica, he searched through the humans pockets and pulled out her phone. He dropped it on the floor before standing up and stamping on it a few times in order to break it. After all, he wanted her to panic when she woke up, and have no means to immediately call for help. He then smirked down at her prone before before he turned to follow Jessica.

• Like 1

Jessica takes his silence as him not being aware of these news and quite possibly not really care for it. Of course, no matter how good the two consider themselves, power wise, it is a very bad to try and miss with the Queen. She snickers in delight as the phone is made unusable. This was quite a good evening thus far, with two terrified humans that has been messed with quite severely and effectively. She gives the surroundings another quick look to make sure they are still not being watched and eavesdropped on. Once that is done with she speaks once more."Allright Keiron. What do you say to you and I teaming up from now and make sure this city will get to feel our unbridled wrath, terror and presence? If so...we probably need some sort of hideout".

• Love 1

Keiron glanced at her with a look of interest, "A hideout?" He glanced back towards the distracted crowd before he looked back at her, "A hideout sounds like a good idea. It gets us out of the way... do you know anywhere, where we won't be disturbed? I've only been hanging around on the outskirts of this damn place so I'm not too familiar with the city itself." He had been more interested in haunting people along the edge, and this was only one of a few forays into the city itself. He didn't particularily like being surrounded by human buildings however the thought of teaming up with someone who wanted to cause as much fear as he did, was certainly enough to overcome his dislike.

Of course, Jessica is still unaware of his inclinations and dislikes, but if they are to be effective enough, they need to both be closer to densely populated places, but be able to quickly and easily get away into a more desolate and abandoned place. It also needs to not be too close to where they dwell as well, so as to not be easily linked to them if possible. Luckily, she is more familiar with the infrastructure and possibilities around Sunveil."I suggest some of run down places in one of the slums. There ought to be some cellar parts of closed places where we can set up some sort of place of operations. Shall we take a look tonight?".

• Love 1

Keiron let out a soft grunt as she gave her suggestions but despite the non-commital seeming sound, he easily followed her lead, allowing her to take him where she was heading for. He shoved his hands into his pockets, hiding them from view, "Yeah, that sounds good. I'm not too familiar with the city, if I'm to be honest for once. I don't like being around such a high population of humans for long periods of time. Their very presence nauseates me. But a cellar does sound good. I've been spending most of my time haunting around their graveyards." He gave her a rather wolfish grin, his eyes gleaming with delight as it was obvious as to what he had been doing to the humans that had visited the graveyards.

• Like 1

She nods understandingly and agreeingly."I can definitely agree to all of that. However, it is in the masses we most often can veil ourselves in the crowd. In the less populated places we are more likely to be seen and noticed. Of course, this hideout will also serve as a haven away from these revolting masses as well. If we need to, we can always relocate. There is no reason why you or I need to be more uncomfortable than needed...right?", she replies back whilst showing the way to the place she had in mind.

After a while, the both arrive at what looks like an abandoned apartment building of medium size. The surrounding area is just as striken with poverty, abandoness and other similar states. The atmosphere is dark and gloomy, with the people living here looking very mixed, but the common denominator being that they are hit by the vices and effects of being in such an area.

• Love 1

Keiron glanced at Jessica as she explained that there was just as much anonyminity within a crowd. He frowned at that, but he had seen today that her words held a grain of truth as no one seemed to pay any attention to him, even when he walked right in front of their eyes. It was just as easy to hide in that crowd as it was for him to hide in the shadows of the night, "That's true." He responded to her question about not needing to be uncomfortable. After all; they were far superior to the humans.

When they arrived at their destination, Keiron looked around with disdain at the state of the buildings and the humans that he was able to spy. The entire place stunk as well, with unpleasant smells that caused him to wrinkle his nose. But he saw the appeal of the place. It was a good place to hide in. He doubted the other humans cared enough to really look too deep into this location, especially for the likes of them. He glanced around a little more before he looked back at Jessica, "What a shit hole... how perfect for our needs." He said.

• Like 1

"As far as I know, humans call places like these for ghettos....just look at it. Run down, ugly, filthy, smelly...and with trash people all around....you don't find places like these at home", the scarecrow explains to Keiron, unsure if he knows about environments like this. They are certainly less prominent from the outskirts of the towns. Jessica takes a few extra looks around before she guides the final way towards a staircase on the outside, that leads down to a rickity door which leads into a small hallway that serves as a way down to the basement of this dank place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Julie had left the hospital and hid in the river that passed through the city instead of going back to her little lake. She had also stopped attending class as she was too scared to return and face her professors. She didnt even want to return to the surface. She floated near the bottom and stared up at the surface. The water distorted her view of the sky. She thought about returning to the deepest part of the ocean and disappearing. Maybe if she wasn't surrounded by so meny people she wouldn't feel isolated. She never felt lonely by herself in the ocean. However, her loneliness stuck out like a sore thumb when she was at school. 

On 20/03/2021 at 17:09, JennyDK said:

"As far as I know, humans call places like these for ghettos....just look at it. Run down, ugly, filthy, smelly...and with trash people all around....you don't find places like these at home", the scarecrow explains to Keiron, unsure if he knows about environments like this. They are certainly less prominent from the outskirts of the towns. Jessica takes a few extra looks around before she guides the final way towards a staircase on the outside, that leads down to a rickity door which leads into a small hallway that serves as a way down to the basement of this dank place.

Keiron grunted a little at her explination. He had never seen a place like this before in his life. And the humans called them monsters. Humans seemed to always think of themselves better than they were, and yet they allowed for their own kind to suffer in places such as this. He found himself tutting slightly, "A true reflection of humans, then." He remarked. He gave one last look around before he turned and followed Jessica down the outside stairs and into a dim hallway that seemed rather unremarkable. At least the stairs appeared out of the way enough that you would only find them if you know exactly where you wanted to go.

• Like 1

As the two make their way deeper into the basement, which is basically like a low key tunnel system, which runs beneath all of the various apartments above. There are lights, but it provides faint illumination as maybe half of them work like normal and the rest are in various degrees of being useless, from completely dead lamps and to those providing only faint lightig. There are no noises here besides those made by Keiron and Jessica. Once they are fully out of the eyes of others, she shapeshifts into her true form. She groans and grunts as her body shapeshifts in front of the Hellhound. It doesn't take very long, but she does sound satisfied once it is over."Ahhhh..muuuuch better! Keeping the other form does require a lot of power if you do it for long", she cackles.

batman-beyond-scarecrow.jpg?q=50&fit=cro

• Love 1