[Main OoC] Behind the Scenes

• 2 months later...

b5a9a69cb0e003acf10ba475342b94f3fc282435.png?2915961

Err...i might missing something here but i ask anyway.

Who's turn it is to reply in this section?

Nah i'm not pushing anyone there to reply ASAP. I just wanna know who's turn it is. If it turn out to be my turn, well...i thought its Aura turn to reply! But if its others turn, then no rush; i'll wait. Kind regards.

Edited by Elena Ichinomiya

• 1 month later...
  • Senior Staff

Alright, so I've just added my character Sheila from Andromeda One into the backrooms if anyone is interested in playing with her! In addition, I'm still open to doing a 1:1 roleplay with Trish on the side as well! I'm open to discussion if anyone wants to play with these two!

• 10 months later...
  • Senior Staff
11 hours ago, JennyDK said:

Is this thing still alive?

I personally would love to get into more horror stuff on the site.

I wouldn't say dead at all! The main thread's gone a bit inactive since we're waiting on Neptune's response, but this club was designed to accomodate for that by allowing the same character to be used in multiple threads at a time! By nature of this roleplay, anybody can start any additional threads! One with a more horror vibe could be fun! Did you have any ideas to explore?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aura said:

I wouldn't say dead at all! The main thread's gone a bit inactive since we're waiting on Neptune's response, but this club was designed to accomodate for that by allowing the same character to be used in multiple threads at a time! By nature of this roleplay, anybody can start any additional threads! One with a more horror vibe could be fun! Did you have any ideas to explore?

Very awesome. I recently discovered the whole concept of Backrooms and I have been wanting to do more horror roleplays. Glad to see things here are not fully dead. I have a bit of a hard time with my Lovecraftian horror club, so hopefully this can give me a bit more to get into whilst I try to get that one running better and more active.

I am kind of curious of how it actually works here - can you briefly explain that to me? It would be greatly appreciated.

I honestly find some elements of the original setting taking away from the horror - like the monsters and the weird wet carpet thing. I am much more into the isolation aspects of it and the weird and creepy occurences that can take place.

• Senior Staff
50 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Very awesome. I recently discovered the whole concept of Backrooms and I have been wanting to do more horror roleplays. Glad to see things here are not fully dead. I have a bit of a hard time with my Lovecraftian horror club, so hopefully this can give me a bit more to get into whilst I try to get that one running better and more active.

I am kind of curious of how it actually works here - can you briefly explain that to me? It would be greatly appreciated.

I honestly find some elements of the original setting taking away from the horror - like the monsters and the weird wet carpet thing. I am much more into the isolation aspects of it and the weird and creepy occurences that can take place.

Well, the purpose of the roleplay is very simple, really. It's more or less an excuse to explore your characters in a mostly empty environment. In this roleplay, the world of the Backrooms is a total mystery. Nobody knows how they got there, how long they've been there, or whether or not it's even real. Note, this is inspired by the Backrooms and does not necessarily line up with the story behind The Backrooms at all. For example, there are no monsters, there's no "no-clipping out of reality," etc. It's purely inspired by the image and the basic description of what the Backrooms are like on a surface level. Since every thread will detail a different experience, this story can be many genres. For some it might be a romantic fantasy, for others it might be a terrible nightmare. It all depends on the perspective the characters share!

The roleplay is a great place to develop new characters that you want to get a feel for for other roleplays! You can start as many threads as you want with as many different people you want and explore to your heart's content. There's no real canon here and even the details described int he club are more like general guidelines. There can be exceptions to all!

• Senior Staff
20 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I am still a bit confused...

So if I wanted to do stuff here, would I have to be the one narrating what my character(s) is met by as they wander around or does someone act as the GM of some sort?

If you really wanted to, I suppose you could do a solo story, but you're simply meant to interact with someone else's character. Both writers can contribute ideas for the types of things they find while exploring the maze of rooms.

2 minutes ago, Aura said:

If you really wanted to, I suppose you could do a solo story, but you're simply meant to interact with someone else's character. Both writers can contribute ideas for the types of things they find while exploring the maze of rooms.

Could you possibly provide an example or two?

• Senior Staff
49 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I shall try and look into it when I am back from work.

How do you suggest I get started?

You can feel free to discuss your ideas here! Propose an idea and see if anyone else would be interested in playing to it! You can also feel free to create a separate OoC thread to discuss specifics if you feel it's necessary as well!

As for starting the actual roleplay, you can just create a new thread with [Open] for an open roleplay or [Username1 x Username2] for a roleplay with a specific other user! Then your introductory post, you could, say, have your character wake up in the room and describe their initial reaction to their immediate surroundings, then start wandering around to stumble across the other character in that introductory post.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Community Administrator

x.X

Hello everyone.

I've recently been getting some urge to write after being burnt out for so long. I think I can heavily thank @Aura for their help by chatting to me about The Backrooms while I've been binging videos on it lol So since my inspiration is here, this is where I will start and I will be taking things slow at first.

As such, I've made a new character, Sköll. I want to explore the confusion in not knowing if he is a good, or a bad person. His past and memories are deliberately vague so he doesn't know if the memories are him being bad, or good... or somewhere inbetween.

As for Raelynn, I do have some ideas for her. I want to do more threads with her and I have some ideas how to mess with her head. Without being too specific, I would like for her to fall pregnant (whether through consentual or not, I'm open to the choice) because restarts will maker her forget things, while only having flashes of things that happen in other threads. So if anyone is for that, let me know.

• Love 1

• Senior Staff

@Elena Ichinomiya I've noticed your character seems to be a bit separated from the pack and due to recent actions it might be hard for her to catch up, do you have any plans to help her catch up to the rest of the group, or would you like another character for her to interact with? I'm thinking of introducing more characters to the main thread as well as opening up more threads with different feels and more private threads between specific users.

Of course, anyone can create a private thread between two users as well, or an open one that anyone can post in! It's usually a good idea to advertise your thread in here so get more people to participate in it. I'll be posting here when I create more threads myself! And I'll also be seeking out some partners for private threads soon as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up