Another chance - Ranna and Kappei

Ranna was not going to feel sympathy for this frustration.  The was his idea, putting her through something very stressful and life changing.  The fact alternatives might be worse was not much comfort.  The fact that it was fake was not much comfort.  “Good job…”. She said and clapped sarcastically.  “Ya figured it out.  Go talk to tha nice lady if you want some, she gave ‘em to me, not you.”  She was not that inclined to give them up.  She did not expect to get more.

”…What I think you been doing is trying to rip mah clothes off.”  She struggled to her feet.  Still wobbling.  “Yah acting like mah dad, now?  Tha probably would be better than marriage…”. She was sure Kappei knew her parents were gone a whole lot of the time.  Reiko probably told him that long ago.  She aimlessly wandered a bit.  Not with any real destination in mind.

"Hey, you're not taking any more of that candy tonight, you brat!" Kappei growled at her as she stood up on very wobbly legs. If Ranna had taken what he believed she had ingested, then she had already taken too much. The candy he was thinking of was fairly popular at the academy and used by a lot of students. Most just used it as an quick and easy way to get a buzz, but he had heard about how older students sometimes gave this candy to unsuspecting first years to make them more willing. While sucking on the candy slowly would just give you a buzz and chewing it would make you extremly drunk, overdozing on it could actually be dangerous. In Ranna's case he didn't know what would happen. Since the drug affected your mana, it might even affect her curse.

"Just hand me over that candy. Like I said, you need to undress and go to bed." He repeated, quickly back on his feet he was already next to her again and grabbing her by her shoulders. No, she definatelly didn't understand his intentions here, but even if she would hate him for it he couldn't allow her to endagher herself anymore tonight.

"Think whatever you want, but you need to sleep so your mana can return back to norma!" Aside from making sure he could get that candy away from her, there was another reason why he wanted her to get undressed. It wasn't because her clothes would get crumpled, even though this was certainly a thing, but it was for her own good. That drug would might not have been one of those sex drugs, but it did heighten your sensitivity of some of your senses. As an example, your skin would be extra sensitive, and increasingly so, the longer it took for your mana to return to normal. With skin that sensitive, sleeping would be very difficult. Ranna was probably feeling it through the haze, how silky blouse was chaffing at her skin or how her skirt felt irritating everytime it was touching her thighs.

Ranna was not necessarily inclined to take more tonight, except for Kappei’s desire to take it from her.  Otherwise she would prefer to save it, have some more for later, since she was unlikely to get more anytime soon.  “…Not tanight, later…”. Of course now that he figured out, he had to have some idea where it was.  Her hands went into her pockets, the one gripping them tightly.

The clothes were starting to get irritating.  If they stayed on she might start squirming soon.  For now she was still being stubborn though.  “…Look…you wanna get the uniform off…steal my room from me…go to ma room an get ma clothes…won’t lock you out…probably…”. She was repeating herself at the end there, but she did not care.  That was the most appealing thing here, if she could not get back to her room, to at least sleep in something more than underwear if she could.  Maybe the candy would make that difficult, but she was still going to try.

Ranna clearly wasn't thinking straight here. Did she really want him to go to her room and rumage through her underwear and other clothes? Did she even have anything else she could wear when going to sleep? It wasn't as if she had a pyjama anyway right? All she had was her underwear. If she wanted to wear something larger, she could always ask to wear one of Kappei's t-shirts, but that came with its own set of problems.

"Sure, give me the candy and strip, then I'll go to your dorm and get you some other clothes to sleep in." Kappei told her as he held her gently by the shoulders. Grabbing her vest, he pulled it off her shoulders then let go of her as he draped it over the back of the couch. Of course, when he had removed her vest, it had dragged over her silk blouse, irritating her skin underneath.

“..You damn bastard…why da I hav to strip first?”  If Ranna had something to change into that would be much more appealing.  She was getting more suspicious of why he wanted these clothes off and his denials of being interested in her body.  The candy was one thing, but there was no reason for her to undress first.

Sure, she did not really want him digging through underwear.  But that was not what she was telling him to get.  She wanted her other clothes, meant to be worn in the dorms on weekends or breaks from class.  That was something she could sleep in…probably…if it stopped feeling so irritating.  And pulling the vest off, the brushing of her other clothes against the skin did not help…was that intentional.  “…Want this off real bad, for claimin you ain’t interested…”. She did wonder how he would justify getting the clothes off first, before going.

"Because I want to be sure you're not hiding any candy!" Kappei explained, telling her one of the main reasons why he had asked her to undress. Surely by now, no matter how badly she didn't want it to be the case, she probably did want to take off her clothes. He couldn't leave though, not when she was this intoxicated and not when she still was holding onto some of that candy. What if she just decided to leave his dorm rooms after he left and walk out into the hallway by herself? A dazed and confused little girl, alone in a building filled with hundreds of horny young guys. No, it was just too dangerous. And if she ate more of that candy, who knows what might happen to her.

"You'll find some way to blame me no matter what I do. So go on think whatever you will. Just get undressed and then go to bed. I'll hand you the key to my bedroom and you can lock the door behind you so you can sleep in peace." He offered, fully aware that even something like this wouldn't do much of anything to appease her. But maybe that was just it? Maybe some tiny part of her that she wasn't even aware of herself, wanted him to act like the bad guy? She wanted there to be a bad guy that she could put the blame on. She wanted somebody to take charge keep her safe. Well, it was probably something like that right? Well, at least maybe a little bit.

“Liar.”  Ranna was getting the sense he already backed on the offer to get her clothes if she did go through with it, annoying her even further.  She did not care how annoying the uniform was honestly getting, she would be less annoyed if she had alternatives.  Just maybe there was something in her other clothes she would find tolerable.

It was so annoying, frustrating.  They might as well share in the irritation.  “Grr, fine, go fetch!”  She pulled the candy out of her pocket and tossed them, without any care where they landed.  She did not bother looking, had no idea where they went.  There.  She did what he most wanted her to do.

The mana candy, similiar to a curse, was just a set of rules that were applied to her body. It didn't add any mana to her body, but rather it was the man in her own body that as going haywire. Naturally this meant that it would affect different people differently.

"Are these all of them?" Kappei asked, sounding not the least bit convinced. If she had just handed them over to him normally and not acted it such an agitated manner, he probably wouldn't have questioned her sincerity, but it was what it was. Chances were though that she really dind't have any more on her, but it seemed she didn't really understand why he had asked her to strip in the first place nor why he had been so concerned about the candy.

"Do you know what these are? What they do to a person?" He continued, crouching down in front of her to pick up the wrapped hard candy. The more control a person had over their own mana, the less the candy would affect them. In Ranna's case, though, things were probably pretty severe. 

"Like I said, you need to get out of those clothes and calm down. If you don't, you will start feeling even worse." Holding the candies in his hand he knew what type it was now and could give advice with more confidence. From what he knew about this drug, it really did heighten your senses. The best remedy here was sleep, but there was no way she would be able to sleep in the agitated state she was in right now. Besides, he still had to make sure that she wasn't hiding any more of the candy on her.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Ranna pulled all her pockets inside out.  “Ya think she gave me a whole bag?”  That would have been nice.  Unfortunately the nice lady was not that nice.  She had been forced to give up her small treasure.  “Dun care where ya think I might ha hid them.  That all ya get ta see.”  She was not completely convinced he was not going to make up some excuse to try to do a cavity search.  With his obsession with trying to get her to strip.  But she had no intention of letting him see anything else.  “Supposed to help forget what you are tryin ta do.  Should have let me relax this last night away.  Should have helped me do it in mah room.”  She would love to calm down of course, but was too annoyed to do that right now.  As for the clothes.  They were annoying, but not annoying enough to take off.  Not yet.  Nothing had been said to convince her to do that, especially since it did not look like he was going to get her clothes.

What was he supposed to do now? The way she was acting, he really couldn't trust her. He understood what she was saying, and she definitely just saw him as an unreasonable pervert, but what if she still had hidden away some candy? Kappei pulled out his magical communicator.

"Sorry Ranna. I just can't trust you. I'm calling your sister and telling her to come over." He wasn't going to strip Ranna, but Reiko could. He was sure Ranna's sister would be as concerned as he was, but he would still have to make it up to her later. He was supposed to protect Ranna, but here he was asking Reiko for help.

"Call Reiko!" he told his magical device, and it did. On Reiko's end, her own magical communicator chimed, telling her that somebody was trying to reach her. While Kappei's communicator resembled one of those old phones that had existed before the Great Cataclysm, Reiko's own communicator was a beautiful medallion that she always wore.

Edited by Nan-Yo

What the hell did he expect her to do?  Did he actually think she would have considered sticking any of it up there.  Ranna had no intention of sticking anything up there, up either end.  The one side was too dirty to even consider, even after being cursed this long, cleaning herself was about all she was comfortable on the other side.

Now that he was going to do that though.  “Go ahead, whatever.  Tell her to take me back to my room…her room even…”.  Whatever else Reiko did, maybe it was worth it.  She had never settled on the answer to whether or not she would actually want Reiko to be called.

Reiko had mostly settled in for the night.  She was a girl of the academy.  Not always alone.  But this time she was.  She had put together the gymnastics club for girls who had issues with sex in one way or another.  She wanted to help and support those girls, though she was not one herself.  She could get it whenever she wanted, it was fun, but she did not need it constantly.

For Kappei to call her.  She figured it had to be about Ranna again.  Did she say or do something interesting?  Make surprising progress?  Get in trouble again?  She avoided jumping to any conclusions, just maybe it was not even about Ranna, she took the medallion into her hand and activatied it.  “Yes, Kappei?”  She kept it simple, letting him get right to the point of whatever this was about.

Only a little past eight o'clock in the evening, Kappei was hoping that Reiko wasn't busy or going to bed early. That girl had a tendency to overexert herself. As long as he had known her, she had always seemed more concerned about the wellbeing of others than her own. Even back then, when he had first helped her, she had been worried about the other girls that her teacher had been putting his hands on.

"Reiko... your sister, she..." He sighed, there really was no easy way to say this. While he knew exactly what he had to tell Reiko, he still wished that he could tell it to her more gently. She was a girl and, more importantly, a big sister who loved her younger sibling dearly.

"Your sister got her hands on some Rock Candy when I wasn't looking, and she's all spaced out now." That's what the Mana candy was called, but most people reffered to it simply as pebbles when talking about it. Reiko had never been one of those people, though. "I was forced to bring her back to my dorm apartment. Could you come over?"

Edited by Nan-Yo

That was short.  To the point.  Give a teen a taste of alcohol and far too many of them want more.  Granted that should have been a safer alternative.  For most people it would have been.  But in Ranna’s case it was different for a number of reasons.  She could only imagine the pain she was being and how she was interpreting anything Kappei said and did like that.

”Take me back to mah room!  Yur room!  Maybe the grass, that looked nice.”  The familiar but slurred voice called out.  It might have been cute under other circumstances.  In the morning she might have to give her little sister the punished Kappei had been tempted to more than once.  For tonight though she had to get over there and quick.  She was the only who could help here.  The only one Ranna trusted enough.  She had quickly changed and was out the door.  “I’ll be there soon.  For now…just watch her.  It does not sound like she is much trouble.”  She was concerned, but keeping her usual calmer self.  She wanted to get a look at Ranna, see if she was showing any troubling signs.  Probably stay with her.  Whether there or in another room.   For now though, she was just focused on getting there soon as she could and hoping Ranna was just ‘drunk’ again, as she seemed to be.

"I'll keep my eyes on her, Reiko." Kappei promised, putting his communicator in his pocket again as the conversation ended. Turning his attention back to Ranna, he gave her another troubled look. A younger sibling sure could be a hassle, couldn't they? Being cute didn't excuse stupid behavior like this at all.

"Your sister is coming over. You should rest on the sofa or something while we wait." He suggested, deciding it was best to simply ignore Ranna's comments. When you were drunk, you could say some dumb things after all. She was seeing him as the bad guy right now, but even though it was a selfish wish, he hoped she would realize how wrong she had been once she sobered up. Maybe she didn't know the exact specifics of how the candy worked, but what was she thinking would happen when she took it? She had said something about getting it from some lady? So had she just accepted something from a stranger, not even knowing what it was? Or had she eaten the candy, knowing what it would do to her? Kappei didn't know which option was worse, but if she had known she would get intoxicated, why had she not at least waited and only used it when she was back in her own room?

Edited by Nan-Yo

It was not Ranna's fault that Kappei did not get why she did this.  She had been speaking her mind the whole time, who much she disliked the whole plan.  Sure maybe she should have waited longer.  She could have at least had her room one more night maybe if she did.  But she just wanted not to think about it.  To re-experience that feeling without actually drinking.  That should have been safer.  Avoid the risks of drinking too much and too often.  It was hardly her fault no one had told her much about the candy, that she was blissfully getting some positive feelings this night.  She was still a little optimistic Reiko would actually get her out of here.  She could...probably...put up with any other annoyance if that was the case.  "...You keep wanning me ta lay dow...take mah clothes off...I'll do it when I wanna, where I wanna..."  It would probably not take very long for Reiko to get here.  Besides, she was relaxed but also a little restless at the same time.  She did not really feel like lying down, and probably would not even in her own room.

Kappei didn't bother to argue with Ranna anymore. He had suggest that she would sit down in the couch and rest for a bit, but in her intoxicated state she had surmised that he had told her to lay down. She kept on accusing him of having bad intentions, but the truth was that she was the only one of them that was thinking such thoughts. As pretty as she might have been, there really was nothing appealing about trying to seduce a girl that was as unwilling as she was.

"If you want to be treated like an adult, maybe you should try acting like one?" Kappei muttered, unable to stop himself from making the bitter comment. She was a brat and at times he kept forgetting that she was just a kid, but he had still hoped she would have been a little bit more responsible. Reiko had always bragged about how cute and smart her little sister was, but it seemed that she seriously lacked common sense. He ddin't want to deal with this sort of thing, but considering that he was going to get engaged to her and later even have a marriage of conveneince, he supposed he would have too. Right now though, he would let Reiko take the reigns and show him how she dealt with Ranna when the young girl was being unreasonable.

"Your sister should be here in about fifteen or twenty minutes. I suggest you use this time to consider all the trouble you have caused today." He muttered, once again letting Ranna understand how annoyed he was with her right now. He could accept all her crap, but he drew the line at when she started doing dangerous crap and putting herself in danger like this.

Ranna was tired of repeating herself too.  If she was not an adult, why was she being pressured into a marriage?  Being forced to live with a man she still barely knew?  Whatever better intentions he might have, it was still very stressful.  It also did not take being drunk to interpret ‘resting’ on a couch as lying down either.  That was something better to be clearer about, especially defensive as she was.

If anything he should take this as a sign she had adjusted to being a girl.  That she was on guard, alone with him, not just casually undressing.  Wasn’t this how a girl should act around a man she barely knew?  Well everything was different here, but she was not an average girl of the academy yet.

”Your child bride is so sorry she isn’t grown up enough for you.”  She snapped and wandered off, somewhat aimlessly again.  No specific destination in mind.  Just getting a little more space.

"That's right. I like adult women, not flat chested little girls with potty mouths." Kappei drawled, not exactly lying either. As pretty as Ranna was, he didn't actually have any interest in her as a woman. She really was just a child in his eyes. She was the little sister of his best friend, and while he had quickly grown fond of the sassy brat, he had gotten involved with her to help Reiko.

No, Ranna didn't understand his intentions at all. He did not care if she thought of herself as a boy or a girl, in fact if she acted more like a guy it would have been easier to deal with her. He had already explained to her that the marriage was fake and her only alternative would be much worse for her. With no political power or even the magical power and skill to defend herself, she would definatelly be targeted and then either randomly abused by different men every day, or she would end up as a personal sex servant of somebody powerful.

It was hard to believe him at the moment.  But all Ranna could do was wait it out.  The clothes were getting really annoying, but now that it went this far they were staying on until Reiko got here at least.  Hopefully she could convince her sister to get her out of here.  If it was about her being drunk, there was no reason to stay here after someone else showed up.  She managed to keep it to herself, not repeat the question about what he really liked after also denying Reiko and the girls on the train.  She just stumbled around randomly, silently, until the door finally opened.

Reiko was quick to come in and close the door behind her.  Studying Ranna for a second, concern on her face, but some restrained anger too.  She switched from elder sister, to ‘mom mode’.  It was true.  Ranna complained about it, but circumstances had forced Reiko to occasionally treat Ranna more like her child than sibling.  It was more necessary here it seemed.  She would have to do something about this later.  But that was something for another day.  “Has she shown any signs to worry about?”  She asked Kappei before approaching.  Of course her being drunk a second time already was an issue.  But she wanted to make sure there were no other problems yet.

Kappei waited with Ranna in his dorm, keeping an eye on her as she aimlessly wandered back and forth in his livingroom. He was worried about her, but he was also concerned about how Reiko would react to seeing her kid sister this intoxicated. When Ranna had been drunk, Reiko had showed up the day afterwards when the young girl had sobered up, but this time it was different. How would Reiko react, and what would Ranna do?

A little more than fifteen minutes later, the door unlocked and a worried looking Reiko entered. Watching her close the door behind herself, Kappei felt ashamed. He had promised to protect her little sister, and then he had failed like this.

"From what I can tell, thankfully no. She just appears to be extremly intoxicated." Reiko would have to check to make sure though, ask Ranna how she felt. How sensitive did her skin feel? Did her body feel extremly warm? Cold? Was she seeing strange colors? Ranna might have thought that he had just been standing there watching her, but he had actually been keeping an eye on her to see if she started showing signs of becoming sick.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Reiko sighed softly and approached Ranna.  A little disappointed, but not completely surprised Ranna had done this.  She was at that age now, and had already been the sort to get in trouble.  She should something in the morning but had not decided what.  “Ranna.”  She called out, in a tone that made Ranna twitch.  A familiar tone.  She had to do with that Reiko?

Ranna turned around.  “Get me outta here, I’ll listen to ya lecture when you do.”  Reiko silently stepped forward.  Rubbed some of the sleeve fabric against her arm, causing Ranna to twitch.  “How long have you been resisting taking this off?”

”If a certain liar got mah clothes from mah room, I woulda taken ‘‘em off.”

Reiko just ignored that.  She could figure out what was going through Ranna’s head.  Under other circumstances, she might have teased her about it.  Tried to hook them up.  But she would do what she had to tonight.

”You aren’t going anywhere.  But I’m sleeping with you tonight.”  Okay as a girl of the academy that felt weird to say to her sister, but everyone knew what she meant.  “Do you feel sick?”

”That again?  I told him too, not sick, feel good.”

”Do you feel hot, cold, see anything strange?”

”I’m fine, fine!”  Ranna insisted.  Well, the clothes were annoying but that was a minor issue.  She was not sure what to think about what Reiko said about sleeping though.  It was both irritating but deep down a little reassuring to have her around.

Watching Reiko deal with her sister, Kappei debated over whether or not to get involved. On one hand, it would definatelly be easier to simply have Reiko take care of things and ask the questions, but he also worried that it would be putting too much pressure on Reiko. She was her older sister, not her mother.

"That candy affects your Mana Ranna." He said, but didn't elaborate any further on it. She wouldn't listen to him, but maybe she would listen to her sister? Maybe not tonight, but maybe tommorow? Ranna's skin should be very sensitive right now, and this was why he had tried to convince her to take off her clothes. Removing her now now would feel very uncomfortable, but keeping them on would be even worse in the long run. Of course, there was still the issue of making sure that she dind't have any more candy. This was why she had to strip out of skirt and blouse, the sooner the better.

Ranna had no idea where he thought she might be hiding more candy.  She had pulled all the pockets out.  Taking the clothes off he wanted her too was not going to show any new hiding places.  “You dun intend ta give me a cavity search like he wants?”  Ranna asked Reiko.  That question was ignored.  “I’m going to have to keep an eye on her tonight.  Sleep in the same room at least, if not closer.”  Reiko had to figure out exactly where that was going to be exactly.  Once that had been settled, she could work on trying to get Ranna out of her clothes.

Kappei nodded, He had already expected this. No, he had hoped she would come to the same conclusion he had. Ranna was in no state to be going back to her own dorm tonight, and they couldn't just leave her alone either. She had to calm down and sleep so that she could shake off the effects of the candy. If it were necessary, he could have stayed up all night and watched over her, but could Ranna have calmed down if he had? So Reiko would have to stay with Ranna tonight and sleep next to her in his bed.

"Here, you can lock the door to my bedroom when you're going to bed. Might help her calm down." Kappei offered, handing Reiko the key to his room as he strolled over to them. A cavity search wasn't exactly what Kappei had in mind, but they still had to check her clothes. She could have hidden candy in her bra or her panties. It would be easy to check once she got her uniform off. Well, he supposed he could leave that to Reiko now that she was here. He probably would have just drawn Ranna's ire if he had suggested he'd pat her down himself.

Edited by Nan-Yo

Reiko took the key and walked over to Ranna, took her hand and began dragging her off.  “You will have to have your sleepover in my room another night.  No camping on campus either.  You are sleeping here tonight.”  Ranna stumbled along, somewhat powerless against her sister, especially in ‘mom’ mode.  There was years of history behind this, irritation at Reiko’s motives and goals but she was in no position to fight it at the moment.

Once she got to the room.  She stood in front of Ranna.  That strict look in her eyes.  “Clothes off.  Everything except underwear.”  It was reluctantly, but Ranna slowly began taking stuff off.  It was different with Reiko.  Family, no uncertainty about motives or unease of a boy asking, and Reiko had long established an authority that Ranna found very difficult to resist, when Reiko put her foot down.  Ranna could not fight it like she could with Kappei.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up