“Maybe so but who is to say that Lydia?” I chuckle.

I smile thinly at her sweet comment until she suddenly brought the topic of my death which made me look down and twirling with my thumbs to think. I didn’t want to lie about my origin but from her reaction from my Persona, I couldn’t stop shaking with fear at the thought of her pushing me away and think I am a monster which I am not. I remain silent for a while as I think and think about what to say or even do but I knew from my heart at what I must do to repay back, whether that’s the right thing or not.

”Remember the question I ask of you before, about keeping those you love happy...” I spoke.

I open my mouth but I felt my throat dry and hesitation began building up but I grip my shaking hand from underneath the table to speak so I can continue with this.

”I did something horrible to my friends, I let power consume me and trap them in an endless repeating cycle of three day since my excuse back then was to keep them all together forever. Imagine a world where everyone you love, everyone that keep you happy will stay forever in one place and time wasn’t a major factor to ruin the fun, it sound like paradise, right?” I explain, laughing oddly but stop, “That’s was wrong, my friends became worry about my insanity and this profound power affecting my line of thinking so they fought me in order to stop my madness which they fail. I was a god, a god that finally realized that his plan was hurting those he deeply care about and couldn’t stop his own creation from bringing suffering other until he made one last decisions, sacrifice.” I answer.

I remain silent as I was expecting some kind of harsh remark or something negative to push me away from the only person I know of this new world. Fear became present in my body as it shook at the thought of being alone and label as a monster for having such tremendous power which he didn’t wanted in the first place but used to protect his friends from his common enemies.

• Community Administrator

Time: 22:07

Lydia found herself sitting there, feeling a little dumbfounded as he gave his explanation. It was not what she had been expecting in the slightest. The initial reaction was to feel anger and a measure of repulsion as she couldn’t believe he would do such a thing to his friends and loved ones, but she thought more on it and tried to see it from his perspective. He had tried to do something good, but did it in the wrong way and ended up hurting the ones he cared most about. And he clearly realised that he had done wrong, and his body language screamed that he was filled with remorse for what he had done. So much remorse in fact that he had sacrificed himself in order to undo what he had done. That had clearly not been an easy decision to make.

“Is that… how you ended up here?” She then asked, as she looked at him intently. She rested her elbow on the table, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. She wasn’t feeling angry now. In fact her feelings had gone a completely opposite direction as she could feel nothing but sympathy for him. It was clear that he was reeling right now, as his emotions seemed so raw and uncontrolled as if he was spinning around in a circle and just couldn’t stop.

Time: 22:10

It took me a while to regain my composure as I allow myself to catch my breath and releasing all of that stress with an exhale. I noticed Lydia’s voice speaking softly which made me feel a bit calmer and look at her straight into her eyes to see her looking at me worry which was nice to see from her. In fact, it made me quite happy she didn’t lash on me or think I was a monster for pulling such a stupid stun like so I rub my eyes to clean any tears that could of escape my resistance.

”I don’t exactly why and what brought me into this world but..” I sigh, “After I sacrifice myself to undone what I painfully done, I woke here without changing or doing anything beside seeing complete darkness after death. I was on the bush feeling very exhausted and landing myself into a classroom which, strangely enough lead me to you.” I smile.

I chuckle weakly as I began to notice that Lydia was the first person to help me and the person I entrust with my biggest mistake of my life which was ironic if I deeply think about it. If it was some sort of destiny that came to be and made us meet each other for a unknown purpose. Nevertheless, I am glad I meet Lydia today and I sort of feel so grateful to have her by my side which made me feel a bit in love with her. It was a bad of me to fall in love with a teacher but she was very kind and honest with her feelings which won my heart.

Time: 22:11

“No wonder you find this place so confusing…” Lydia remarked, before letting out a breath. She picked up her shot glass with her free hand and rolled it around in her hand, “At least you seemed alright. You were in quite the state before you were sent to the hospital.” She said, remembering how pale and sickly he had looked when he had passed out on her lecture theatre floor. She then frowned slightly, putting the shotglass down as she looked at him again,

“Luck. If you were able to come here from, well, a different world, does that mean others from your world can do the same? I hope you haven’t accidentally bought something bad along with you. I mean, well…” She trailed off, as she continued looking at him. Despite knowing what he had done to his friends and loved ones, she didn’t think that he was inherently an evil person. Just a good person who had done something bad because he thought he was helping his friends and loved ones. She then smiled at him again, “I doubt you would intentionally want to hurt anyone, Luck. You seem to… sweet, for that.” She said.

Location: Aelius and Linus’s house, Blackberry Falls. (This is a collaboration post with @ShuyaHideaki and @Neptune)

Aelius could feel himself beginning to rouse to consciousness, the layers of sleep unfolding as he seemed to rise to the surface as he slowly awoke from his deep, restful slumber. He also began to sense the outside world. The confines of the coffin that he was encased in, as well as the feeling of warm flesh against his own. He could also hear the distinct thumps of a heartbeat and he smiled slightly as he knew that he was exactly as he was when he had first fallen asleep. Snuggled up against Linus. Slowly, he opened his eyes in the darkness and looked upon the face of his lover.

As Linus felt a shift against his body, he was slowly pulled from the depths of unconsciousness. His eyes slowly fluttered open, the deep, lapis lazuli hue of his orbs seeming to shimmer, even without the help of any light. His fingers extended as his right hand lifted to only be placed on Aelius’ side. He gripped it gently, alerting Aelius to his own consciousness as well. His hand ran up the side of Aelius’ body, soon coming to rest on his shoulder as he looked into his lover’s eyes.

Aelius smiled, as he let out a content sigh through his nose, “Good morning, my love. Did you sleep well?” He asked, his voice still holding the edge of sleepiness.

“Like always~” Linus groans softly as he forces himself up slightly in the coffin, propping himself up on his left elbow. His right shoulder pressed against the lid of the container with a soft thunk. He looked down at Aelius with a slight grin, leaning down and pressing his lips gently against the younger Hagorath’s gently as he felt Aelius’ lips shift slightly in a smile as he returned the light, tender kiss. Linus returns the soft sigh before breaking the kiss, “And how was your rest, love?~”

“Mm~ I had the most wonderful dreams. I always sleep well when I’m with you.” Aelius said, raising a hand to lovingly cup Linus’ cheek and to gently rub his thumb against the other’s cheek as he enjoyed the mere tactile sensation of his lovers skin. He had often thought to himself that their bond went far beyond that of friends and lovers. He felt that he shared a connection with Linus that was irreplaceable, like that they were bonded together as Soul Mates. He just felt so complete when he was with Linus. The world never seemed right when he wasn’t close to him.

Despite having bodies that should have died and decayed long ago, Aelius’ still felt so warm against his. Aelius gave him a strange sense of completion that he wouldn’t be able to express with words. Aelius had been the only one to actually excite him since they’d been transformed into these beings, beings of what seemed to be immortality. Linus grins gently and places his hand on the younger male’s chin, rubbing his jawbone gently with the smooth pad of his thumb, “I’m glad to hear that~ But, I think it’s time that we feed… Don’t you?~” The tone in Linus’ voice was playful, but as demanding as it had always been.

Aelius let out a soft, thoughtful sound as he nuzzled his chin into Linus’ hand, “Well~ I am quite hungry. Something young and fresh~” He said, his words ending on a soft hiss, to which Linus responded with a prompt chuckle. He licked his lips as he felt a sharp pang of hunger, and the familiar itching at the back of his throat and in his fangs. He would love to remain here in the company of his love, but the thirst was demanding satisfaction. No doubt that it was nighttime, their natural waking time, so they would no doubt have plenty of time with each other once their hunger had been sated. 

Linus smiles and releases his grip of Aelius’ chin and places his hand on the ceiling of the coffin. He slowly lifts it open, to find the room exactly the way that they had left it. It was completely sealed in, with even the door being made of heavy steel to prevent people from breaking in easily. There was a table with two candle sconces that had several blood red candles that appeared to be half burnt down, with the flame still burning brightly as the only source of light in the room causing shadows to cling to the walls. Opposite, sat two comfortable, high-backed armchairs for their comfort whenever they sought the refuge of their basement. 

Linus slowly sits up, his unkempt hair falling against his back. The elder of the two stood and helped Aelius to his feet as well before placing a gentle kiss on the blonde hair of his lover, “I wonder if Demitri and Chloe are here tonight…” He gave a quick sniff to the cold air, and sure enough, the two Gamnasets were in one of the higher rooms.

“They should be.” Aelius said, an edge to his voice suggesting that he would be very irritated if they weren’t. They were here to be serving them, after all, and he would not accept any dereliction of their duties. He moved towards the basement door, his footsteps as quiet as smoke. Beside the door was a keypad, which Aelius entered a six digit pin into, before pressing his thumb against a small tab causing a small red light to turn green. There was the sound of several heavy thunks as heavy metal rods withdrew from the door and there was a click. Aelius then used his superhuman strength to pull open the door to reveal a small dark hall with stairs leading upwards to another locked door.

Linus watched as Aelius dealt with the first door. With their extraordinary strength, moving doors like these was like opening mere wooden doors. He decided to take the next door, repeating the process and opening the door to a hatch that was locked from underneath Linus took the small key out of his pocket and inserted the small piece of metal into the slit, turning it and watching as the bar popped out of the socket. He lifted up the small hatch built into the floor and stepped out, waiting for Aelius to follow before shutting the hatch. Aelius looked around critically, “At least it’s been kept nice and clean. I’m glad we found Chloe.” He said, brushing off a piece of dust from his suit top. 

The two of them then heard a rush of feet, before a small woman opened the door in front of them. She had snow white hair, and eyes that glittered like ice. She was wearing a maids outfit, and was holding a used dust cloth in her hand. Her rather stiff expression suddenly melted into a smile,

“Masters! It’s so good to see you awaken!” She said, her voice soft and musical.

At the sound of her voice, Linus’ lips tugged gently into a smile. She was still as adorable as the day they’d turned her. He places his hand atop her head and rubbing her silky smooth hair gently, which seemed to fall back perfectly into place even after being disturbed, “Why thank you, Chloe~ Is Demitri around? It would be a shame to have to punish him once more…”

Linus recalled a memory from the past six years when he’d accidentally filed something wrong. That night was a sweet victory for the two Hagorath, a victory in teaching what would happen if something wasn’t done to their expectations. As expected from then on, Demitri rushed into the room. He had heard his masters’ voices loud and clear. He bowed respectfully before straightening and placing his hands behind his back

“M-masters, all bills have been payed, and all taxes taken care of. Is there anything else you need to happen before you go back to rest?” He asked this with a small amount of anticipation in his eyes. He could tell that they were hungry, so he imagined that they might need someone to quell their thirst.

“No. We want to go out and feed.” Aelius told him, unable to resist running his tongue over his canine. He didn’t really much care in regards to their finances as long as everything was paid for. He usually left that kind of checking to Linus. As long as he had enough money for his experiments, he was content. Right now, all he wanted to do was to go out on the hunt, with his partner in crime.

“Will you need anything from us?” Chloe asked. “No. Not at this moment in time. Perhaps when we get back. We’ve been asleep for a while, and we could do with some nice fun…” Aelius replied with a light smirk curving the corner of his lip. Chloe seemed to smirk back, giving a graceful curtsy, “Your wish is my command, Masters.” She said in a sultry tone, her eyes glittering with lust as her eyes seemed to linger on the two of them.

Linus chuckles softly at the sultry tone of her voice, the lust in her eyes, and the small smirk pulling at the corners of her soft lips in return to Aelius’. He took her chin in his hands and tilted her chin up gently, leaning down and licking her neck gently as a type of small reward for her hard work. Once done with her, he turned his gaze to Demitri, who stiffened under the seeming glare of his cold blue eyes. Linus walked forwards, taking Demitri’s chin in his hands and lifting it up to lean down and give him the same courtesy as Chloe. Demitri shuddered with pleasure from the saliva on his master’s tongue being transferred to his pale skin. Linus straightened and released Demitri from his grasp before turning towards the door and walking forwards. He looked at Aelius and gave a cold, devious smile, “Come, let us hunt~”

“Yes, my love~” Aelius said, returning the devious smile as he moved forward to join Linus. As he passed Chloe, he gave her a firm spank in the arse, causing her to moan softly and for her to bite her lower lip. He then left her, anticipating the fun that they would have when the two Hagorath returned.

2 hours ago, Neptune said:

Time: 22:11

“No wonder you find this place so confusing…” Lydia remarked, before letting out a breath. She picked up her shot glass with her free hand and rolled it around in her hand, “At least you seemed alright. You were in quite the state before you were sent to the hospital.” She said, remembering how pale and sickly he had looked when he had passed out on her lecture theatre floor. She then frowned slightly, putting the shotglass down as she looked at him again,

“Luck. If you were able to come here from, well, a different world, does that mean others from your world can do the same? I hope you haven’t accidentally bought something bad along with you. I mean, well…” She trailed off, as she continued looking at him. Despite knowing what he had done to his friends and loved ones, she didn’t think that he was inherently an evil person. Just a good person who had done something bad because he thought he was helping his friends and loved ones. She then smiled at him again, “I doubt you would intentionally want to hurt anyone, Luck. You seem to… sweet, for that.” She said.

Time: 22:14

I hear Lydia’s comment as she look rather pleased and smiling quite beautiful which made me smile back softly since I was worry that she was afraid of my existence.

”I don’t think so, I died in my world so no things from my world is capable of traveling through dimension or seek my presence from such radius.” I spoke.

It was honest true since I never fough or encounter someone who was more capable to pull such thing which didn’t worry me at the slightest. Suddenly, I hear Lydia commenting about me which made me smile and blush thinly while I chuckle at her kinds words. 

“Sweet? Me? No, i was just doing what I felt was right and I do care about others well-being. In fact...” I trail off, as I look away, “I would do the same for you, Lydia. Risk my life to protect you and keep you happy.” I add.

I remain looking away as I tap my cheek as my comment began to hint at my feelings of her and was feeling a bit embarrassed to stare at her for too long since she was rather a pretty woman. This was a new experience of me relying on someone else since people or friends rely on their leader to be strong for them which wasn’t the case here due to many factors affecting my mind.

• Senior Staff

Time: 1:00 on a winter day

Soaring between the towering skyscrapers, Alez was scanning the busy streets below her. Scouting for demons in such a busy place was proving to be a much more difficult task than she expected. She didn't quite know what to expect considering she had no idea what the difference between a human city and village even was until she arrived. This place was massive and fairly intimidating. The towering buildings looked almost like massive castles, although up close, she was surprised to find that the buildings seemed somewhat fragile. They looked to be made of glass rather than the solid stone walls she had seen before. Of course, once she got used to her surroundings, she began to notice how beautiful the imagery of the city was. It was as if each tall building and the land between them was all built together as one massive work of art. Just what purpose did these towers serve? Were they designed for the mortals to reach the heavens? 

Unfortunately, it seemed the wonder of this place had gone completely over the heads of the almost miserable-looking humans who poured into and out of the streets below. None of them even seemed to do so much as look up at the sky. Maybe they had grown accustomed to the view. That made sense, it was probably as normal to them as Coelis had become to her, but it was still sad to realize that these humans seemed to be completely ignorant of the beauty that towered above them. Of course, she couldn't allow herself to be distracted. She was on a mission that she had to prioritize. In her winged, ethereal form, she was completely invisible to the humans, so she swooped down closer to the streets, her eyes combing through the crowd. A particularly well-trained demon may be capable of seeing her even in her ethereal form, so she would have to remain wary of anyone who seemed to be avoiding her. With so many people grouped together in one place, the idea that there could be a demon hidden among them was especially scary; just how many innocent lives could be stolen at any moment?

Linus gave a small chuckle as he heard the sharp moan as Aelius gave Chloe a pert pat on her rump. He waited until Aelius was beside him to open the door, being cautious as to not rip it right off of the hinges like he did the other few doors. God, Aelius was so much more gentle with things than he was... He looked out at the night sky, a full moon overhead. Typical for a "vampire" awakening. He turns to Demitri and smiles, his dark blue eyes glittering gently

"Demitri, for your hard work, go claim one of the lower class Gamnasets as your reward. Chloe... You know what's happening when we come back~ You two watch the premises during our absence"

His voice was an odd mix of pure seduction and a devious growl. Demitri nods and rushes to one of the sealed rooms in the back. Hopefully they'd be able to find a nice, young girl on the streets, one that still contained her innocence. If not, then it was of no consequence. He personally preferred the less experienced ones so that he and Aelius could break them in, make them feel like they'd never felt before. To give an experience that would change their life forever. And it all started with one bite~

"Come, Aelius. We have feeding to do~"

Linus grins and steps out, feeling the cool night breeze whip through his locks of dark hair. He smiles and surveys the empty streets of the peaceful neighborhood that they lived in. If anyone knew what truly happened in their home... It would surely cause chaos. His grin widens at the idea of the chaos that they could cause in this rather small suburban part of the city, but he knew that it would be best not to attract any sort of attention.

Linus turns back to Aelius, a small smile on his face rather than the devious grin from before.

"Come, let us hunt."

Time: 22:15

The corner of Lydia’s lip twitched slightly before she jokingly said, “Yes, well, try not locking me up. I’m perfectly content living the life I have.” She gripped the vodka shotglass in her hand before adding, “And in case you weren’t sure, I was joking. I think it’s obvious that you’ve learnt from that mistake. You don’t really need to go to such extremes for your friends and loved ones. Sometimes going too far can result in quite different results. But… I’ll keep that ‘I don’t think so’ in mind. Because if something does turn up, I am so going to say ‘I told you so.’” She then laughed a little, feeling relaxed and comfortable around Luck in a way that she didn’t in front of other people. She stood up from her chair, pushing it back as she looked up at the time,

“Mm. I should probably head to bed… I’ve got work in the morning. Luckily, we don’t need to wash anything up because I have a dishwasher that does all of that for me.” Lydia said, picking up the vodka bottle and tucking it underneath her arm before picking up her plate with her free hand, “Come on, Lo… Luck.” Lydia said, almost accidentally saying ‘love’ instead of ‘Luck’. She just hoped he didn’t pick up on that, because she really couldn’t explain why. She shook her head slightly before she left the dining room and went into the kitchen. She put her plate down on the side, along with the shot glass, before she went to the fridge freezer and put the bottle of vodka away. She then went to the dishwasher and opened it up, and began to load the dirty dishes inside.

Aelius took a deep breath, glad to breathe fresher air than the confines of that stuffy coffin. Granted, he had loved being about to inhale Linus’ delicious scent, but he also liked the smell of fresh air. He looked over his shoulder as Linus began to issue ordered. He then added onto the order, “And dress appropriately, Chloe.”

The snowy haired figure gracefully curtsied, “Yes, Masters.” She said in her musical voice before she moved off, a look of lustul anticipation in her crystal blue eyes as she disappeared from view. Aelius turned his attention back towards Linus, pausing for a moment to admire the supernatural beauty that the man held. Beauty that had captivated him, even long before turning. A smile curved on his lips as Linus said that they had hunting to do. He stepped out into the cold air along with his partner in crime, looking up at the full moon which seemed to be hanging serenely above them, not caring for the troubles that this world experienced.

He then looked around, seeing evidence of snow on the ground, as the paths were iced up and frost clung fiercely to the dead grass. Everything was so quiet here. His ears twitched as he strained his hearing, trying to hear anything but it appeared to be absolutely still. Everyone was snuggled up in their blankets, completely unaware of the danger that walked their streets. Lulled into a false sense of security by their dreams. His face twitched towards Linus as the man spoke, and Aelius looked out across the road again before saying, his voice so soft that a normal human listening in on their conversation could not hear them, “You’re a better driver than I… I don’t think we will find anything too suitable here. Besides, we shouldn’t feed so close to our den.” He looked up and to the distant lights of the city centre, “Shall we go and check out the night-life, my love?” He asked.

3 hours ago, Neptune said:

Time: 22:15

The corner of Lydia’s lip twitched slightly before she jokingly said, “Yes, well, try not locking me up. I’m perfectly content living the life I have.” She gripped the vodka shotglass in her hand before adding, “And in case you weren’t sure, I was joking. I think it’s obvious that you’ve learnt from that mistake. You don’t really need to go to such extremes for your friends and loved ones. Sometimes going too far can result in quite different results. But… I’ll keep that ‘I don’t think so’ in mind. Because if something does turn up, I am so going to say ‘I told you so.’” She then laughed a little, feeling relaxed and comfortable around Luck in a way that she didn’t in front of other people. She stood up from her chair, pushing it back as she looked up at the time,

“Mm. I should probably head to bed… I’ve got work in the morning. Luckily, we don’t need to wash anything up because I have a dishwasher that does all of that for me.” Lydia said, picking up the vodka bottle and tucking it underneath her arm before picking up her plate with her free hand, “Come on, Lo… Luck.” Lydia said, almost accidentally saying ‘love’ instead of ‘Luck’. She just hoped he didn’t pick up on that, because she really couldn’t explain why. She shook her head slightly before she left the dining room and went into the kitchen. She put her plate down on the side, along with the shot glass, before she went to the fridge freezer and put the bottle of vodka away. She then went to the dishwasher and opened it up, and began to load the dirty dishes inside.

Time: 10:18 PM (22:18)

I chuckle softly at her jokingly comment about my past's mistake which sounded like it wasn't a big deal and that made me feel a bit relaxed since her laughter at the end made me reassured of her words. A smile appears on my sad face as my eyes gleam at her cute laughter that made my heart skip a beat since I never seeing her laugh and smile like this before until now which begs the question on whether she has some feelings about me or if she could have a relationship with me but that idea was too bold. Lydia spoke about heading to bed since it was around 10: 18 PM exactly as my eyes dart to the clock to check the time and probably for the best since she worked really hard from the clues left behind in this household. Suddenly, Lydia spoke a single word that made me gasp but she quickly stops and shook her head to some sort of dodge that little mistake that I quickly caught up with it. I lean back in my chair as I began to slowly process as what she was referring to while she began doing her business before her departure to her bed and I have to know something about that little topic since this could be the chance I need to speak my mind. 

I nod to myself, "Come on Luck, you fought against God, this should be a piece of cake if you compare those two situations. Yes..." I whisper. 

I spoke to encourage myself as I slowly and quietly raise my body from the chair to look at the busy Lydia. My steps echo softly from the floor while approaching her and I look at her as I have to be sure of something before doing something that could hurt this chance. 

"Lydia, why do you say Love to me? Do you by any chance have..." I mutter.

• Like 1

• Senior Staff
On 24/03/2018 at 04:56, Aurafox1 said:

Time: 1:00 on a winter day

Soaring between the towering skyscrapers, Alez was scanning the busy streets below her. Scouting for demons in such a busy place was proving to be a much more difficult task than she expected. She didn't quite know what to expect considering she had no idea what the difference between a human city and village even was until she arrived. This place was massive and fairly intimidating. The towering buildings looked almost like massive castles, although up close, she was surprised to find that the buildings seemed somewhat fragile. They looked to be made of glass rather than the solid stone walls she had seen before. Of course, once she got used to her surroundings, she began to notice how beautiful the imagery of the city was. It was as if each tall building and the land between them was all built together as one massive work of art. Just what purpose did these towers serve? Were they designed for the mortals to reach the heavens? 

Unfortunately, it seemed the wonder of this place had gone completely over the heads of the almost miserable-looking humans who poured into and out of the streets below. None of them even seemed to do so much as look up at the sky. Maybe they had grown accustomed to the view. That made sense, it was probably as normal to them as Coelis had become to her, but it was still sad to realize that these humans seemed to be completely ignorant of the beauty that towered above them. Of course, she couldn't allow herself to be distracted. She was on a mission that she had to prioritize. In her winged, ethereal form, she was completely invisible to the humans, so she swooped down closer to the streets, her eyes combing through the crowd. A particularly well-trained demon may be capable of seeing her even in her ethereal form, so she would have to remain wary of anyone who seemed to be avoiding her. With so many people grouped together in one place, the idea that there could be a demon hidden among them was especially scary; just how many innocent lives could be stolen at any moment?

Meanwhile, back on ground level, there was a brown haired woman in her early twenties looking rather shaky and nervous.

She was wearing rather plain, well-worn and slightly out of fashion clothes. She didn't have the funds to spend extravagantly on such things. She was walking amongst the crowd oddly and as if she was scared being there. She was obviously not noticed by anyone around her, which suited her at this present time. Her eyes darted around, as if trying to find something in particular. Her pants were in the pockets of her pants...but if one looked closely, you could see her arms were trembling a bit out of fear and withdrawal symptoms. She was in this section of town because she needed to find something valuable to steal so she could pay off the large debt she owed.  Why on earth did she agree to borrow money from that person?! But given her circumstances at the time when she borrowed were quite desperate, what else could she do? That debt she owed was quite large and if she didn't pay it back today, she was going to be in serious trouble. The person she owed the money to was not a nice person and she suspected that he was involved in things more unsavoury than lending money to people like her. She had heard the stories about her debtor being involved in the drug trade but there were even darker stories about them that she didn't believe but hope were not true! She really didn't want to resort to stealing things from anyone but she saw no other alternative. Her parents weren't going to help her out as she no longer lived with them after running away with her now ex-boyfriend, so she thought. 

• Senior Staff
5 hours ago, Manni said:

Meanwhile, back on ground level, there was a brown haired woman in her early twenties looking rather shaky and nervous.

She was wearing rather plain, well-worn and slightly out of fashion clothes. She didn't have the funds to spend extravagantly on such things. She was walking amongst the crowd oddly and as if she was scared being there. She was obviously not noticed by anyone around her, which suited her at this present time. Her eyes darted around, as if trying to find something in particular. Her pants were in the pockets of her pants...but if one looked closely, you could see her arms were trembling a bit out of fear and withdrawal symptoms. She was in this section of town because she needed to find something valuable to steal so she could pay off the large debt she owed.  Why on earth did she agree to borrow money from that person?! But given her circumstances at the time when she borrowed were quite desperate, what else could she do? That debt she owed was quite large and if she didn't pay it back today, she was going to be in serious trouble. The person she owed the money to was not a nice person and she suspected that he was involved in things more unsavoury than lending money to people like her. She had heard the stories about her debtor being involved in the drug trade but there were even darker stories about them that she didn't believe but hope were not true! She really didn't want to resort to stealing things from anyone but she saw no other alternative. Her parents weren't going to help her out as she no longer lived with them after running away with her now ex-boyfriend, so she thought. 

As Alez hovered over the crowd, her wings outstretched, she took notice of a fairly pretty but particularly distress-looking young woman. So as not to suddenly appear before an entire crowd of people, she glided over to an alleyway about a block ahead of the woman before switching to her physical form behind a dumpster. She now had the appearance of an exceptionally beautiful teenager. In this form, she could very easily be mistaken for a human, but while her radiant glow was now gone, she still maintained the bright and brilliant colors of her blush pink hair and her crystalline blue eyes. She appeared to be an ordinary high school student. She gripped her pendant, knowing that as long as she had it, she could return safely to Coelis if anything happened to go wrong. It was far more than just a precious amulet; it was her key to survival. 

Alez stepped out from the alleyway and began to walk among the humans, many of whom turned heads to look at the pretty young girl they had never seen before, causing her to blush a little, but she avoided eye contact with any others. She wanted to see what the deal was with that girl she saw. Soon enough, the girl in the worn clothes appeared before her, and Alez immediately put on the brightest smile she could. She wanted to be a cheerful influence on this woman's life. Who knew, maybe by helping her face whatever problems she had, it would bring her closer to discovering the location of any potential demons. 

"Hi, you there!" She called out to the brown-haired girl, running up to her. "You look like you've been dealing with something serious. Is there anything I can do to help?" This woman didn't quite look homeless, but she definitely stood out from the rest of the people. Poverty was one of the many things Mother Caelisia had described to her about humans, perhaps this was just another victim of such a tragic situation?

6 hours ago, Neptune said:

Aelius took a deep breath, glad to breathe fresher air than the confines of that stuffy coffin. Granted, he had loved being about to inhale Linus’ delicious scent, but he also liked the smell of fresh air. He looked over his shoulder as Linus began to issue ordered. He then added onto the order, “And dress appropriately, Chloe.”

The snowy haired figure gracefully curtsied, “Yes, Masters.” She said in her musical voice before she moved off, a look of lustul anticipation in her crystal blue eyes as she disappeared from view. Aelius turned his attention back towards Linus, pausing for a moment to admire the supernatural beauty that the man held. Beauty that had captivated him, even long before turning. A smile curved on his lips as Linus said that they had hunting to do. He stepped out into the cold air along with his partner in crime, looking up at the full moon which seemed to be hanging serenely above them, not caring for the troubles that this world experienced.

He then looked around, seeing evidence of snow on the ground, as the paths were iced up and frost clung fiercely to the dead grass. Everything was so quiet here. His ears twitched as he strained his hearing, trying to hear anything but it appeared to be absolutely still. Everyone was snuggled up in their blankets, completely unaware of the danger that walked their streets. Lulled into a false sense of security by their dreams. His face twitched towards Linus as the man spoke, and Aelius looked out across the road again before saying, his voice so soft that a normal human listening in on their conversation could not hear them, “You’re a better driver than I… I don’t think we will find anything too suitable here. Besides, we shouldn’t feed so close to our den.” He looked up and to the distant lights of the city centre, “Shall we go and check out the night-life, my love?” He asked.

Linus nodded at the suggestion that they check out the night life. He takes a moment to enjoy the sight of the cold display of winter. It was beautiful, and it reminded him of the many winters that they'd spent together, each seeming more and more vividly clear as he brought them up. He smiles and steps down from the porch, heading to the car. He takes the keys out of his pocket, which he'd taken off the key rack that was mounted next to the door, and presses a button, the lights on the car igniting and the sounds of locks opening filled the air.

He opens the driver side door and steps into the seat, resting his hands on the steering wheel before reaching down and pushing the keys into the ignition. He turns the key and listens to the engine purr to life. It was probably his third most favorite sound, besides screaming in second and Aelius' cute little moans in first. He smiles, just thinking of their escapades

• Senior Staff
16 hours ago, Aurafox1 said:

As Alez hovered over the crowd, her wings outstretched, she took notice of a fairly pretty but particularly distress-looking young woman. So as not to suddenly appear before an entire crowd of people, she glided over to an alleyway about a block ahead of the woman before switching to her physical form behind a dumpster. She now had the appearance of an exceptionally beautiful teenager. In this form, she could very easily be mistaken for a human, but while her radiant glow was now gone, she still maintained the bright and brilliant colors of her blush pink hair and her crystalline blue eyes. She appeared to be an ordinary high school student. She gripped her pendant, knowing that as long as she had it, she could return safely to Coelis if anything happened to go wrong. It was far more than just a precious amulet; it was her key to survival. 

Alez stepped out from the alleyway and began to walk among the humans, many of whom turned heads to look at the pretty young girl they had never seen before, causing her to blush a little, but she avoided eye contact with any others. She wanted to see what the deal was with that girl she saw. Soon enough, the girl in the worn clothes appeared before her, and Alez immediately put on the brightest smile she could. She wanted to be a cheerful influence on this woman's life. Who knew, maybe by helping her face whatever problems she had, it would bring her closer to discovering the location of any potential demons. 

"Hi, you there!" She called out to the brown-haired girl, running up to her. "You look like you've been dealing with something serious. Is there anything I can do to help?" This woman didn't quite look homeless, but she definitely stood out from the rest of the people. Poverty was one of the many things Mother Caelisia had described to her about humans, perhaps this was just another victim of such a tragic situation?

As the young woman was walking along the sidewalk, trying to find an 'easy mark' that she could liberate of some valuables to pay off her debts, some random girl approached her out of nowhere and started talking for her for no seeming reason at all. Since no one had approached her like this recently, she actually had to stop and focus on this strange person. She was a bit taken aback to be honest at this strange girl's behaviour. No one in their right mind would take notice of someone like her, a woman who looked like a poor drug addict or something along those lines. So, this immediately confused the woman immensely. It was then she heard what this strange teenager had to say, which was so outrageous that she almost physically did a double take. Who was this person, a honour student girl scout sort of person? The type of person that was annoyingly prim and proper and all things sugar and niceties...except for the fact that they were naive as hell? Which obviously meant, once they left their dream world of college or such, that reality would give them a huge smack in the face and leave them reeling? Who knew apart from this person whose mannerisms seemed almost Disney-like and just as sickeningly sweet? The fact that this person wanted to 'help her' really grated her nerves too. Was this person that presumptuous, that she could really fix what she was going through?! It would almost seem fitting that the woman would start yelling at the girl for being so naive. But this woman had better self control than that and she knew that making a scene out of this would just get the wrong kind of attention. So, this woman controlled her impulse to give this child a dose of reality and instead said in a rather blunt way, "Probably not, Miss Girl Scout. Look, I don't have time to play with you or help get your badges or meet your quota."

• Senior Staff

8 hours ago, Manni said:

As the young woman was walking along the sidewalk, trying to find an 'easy mark' that she could liberate of some valuables to pay off her debts, some random girl approached her out of nowhere and started talking for her for no seeming reason at all. Since no one had approached her like this recently, she actually had to stop and focus on this strange person. She was a bit taken aback to be honest at this strange girl's behaviour. No one in their right mind would take notice of someone like her, a woman who looked like a poor drug addict or something along those lines. So, this immediately confused the woman immensely. It was then she heard what this strange teenager had to say, which was so outrageous that she almost physically did a double take. Who was this person, a honour student girl scout sort of person? The type of person that was annoyingly prim and proper and all things sugar and niceties...except for the fact that they were naive as hell? Which obviously meant, once they left their dream world of college or such, that reality would give them a huge smack in the face and leave them reeling? Who knew apart from this person whose mannerisms seemed almost Disney-like and just as sickeningly sweet? The fact that this person wanted to 'help her' really grated her nerves too. Was this person that presumptuous, that she could really fix what she was going through?! It would almost seem fitting that the woman would start yelling at the girl for being so naive. But this woman had better self control than that and she knew that making a scene out of this would just get the wrong kind of attention. So, this woman controlled her impulse to give this child a dose of reality and instead said in a rather blunt way, "Probably not, Miss Girl Scout. Look, I don't have time to play with you or help get your badges or meet your quota."

Alez blinked in surprise when she heard this woman's apparent disgust with her. She was absolutely baffled as to how she could possibly have been met with such blatant hostility in this situation. What took her even more by surprise was the fact that this girl seemed to have somehow guessed her job so quickly. "Y-you already know I'm a scout!?" She stepped back with surprise. This woman must have been far more knowledgeable than she appeared at first. Could it be possible she was a celestial that she had never met? Or maybe she was one of those celestial hunters she had heard so much about... either way, the very thought that she could be identified so easily was extremely disturbing to her. She looked down at herself to make sure that she was indeed in her physical form and not her ethereal one. Sure enough, she was all flesh and blood. It was then that she noticed her pendant. "O-oh, I see... I guess my pendant probably does give it away." She held the silver wing-shaped emblem in her fingers and sighed. She always wore it as a symbol of her pride for her position, but she definitely shouldn't be careless about such a dangerous risk.

She tucked the pendant into her shirt and looked back up at the woman. She certainly didn't look like a demon, and her behavior certainly didn't seem pure enough for her to be a celestial either, but she clearly knew more than any normal human should. However, she must not have known too much about the job of a scout, as Alez had no idea what a 'badge' or 'quota' was. "How do you know about celestials? Have you met one before?" She asked with genuine, almost childlike, curiosity and innocence. 

• Senior Staff

*Now this was getting rather odd. What was this girl babbling on about now? She had no idea about what she was talking about, though they were indeed speaking the same language. When the girl put away her pendant, which looked to be something valuable, the girl swore to herself internally. Damn it, why did she not notice that thing until now? She could have stolen it and sold it to her debtor for a way out of her current troubles! Now, it was going to be a bit harder to get it off this girl. As her mind raced to think of a way to get the pendant off this girl, she talked to this strange girl some more. She could tell she was new here, that much was obvious. Though apparently, she was 'braindead' or super naive because she certainly did not act like those her age would. She seemed almost childlike. 

"Sorry, what are you on about?" the woman asked this strange girl, starting to wonder if this girl was crazy or something. "You're not making much sense to me. Or are you one of those LARPers or something? Because I'm not LARPing at the moment."

• Senior Staff
9 hours ago, Manni said:

*Now this was getting rather odd. What was this girl babbling on about now? She had no idea about what she was talking about, though they were indeed speaking the same language. When the girl put away her pendant, which looked to be something valuable, the girl swore to herself internally. Damn it, why did she not notice that thing until now? She could have stolen it and sold it to her debtor for a way out of her current troubles! Now, it was going to be a bit harder to get it off this girl. As her mind raced to think of a way to get the pendant off this girl, she talked to this strange girl some more. She could tell she was new here, that much was obvious. Though apparently, she was 'braindead' or super naive because she certainly did not act like those her age would. She seemed almost childlike. 

"Sorry, what are you on about?" the woman asked this strange girl, starting to wonder if this girl was crazy or something. "You're not making much sense to me. Or are you one of those LARPers or something? Because I'm not LARPing at the moment."

Alez pondered the girl's words for a moment in confusion. Perhaps something was lost in translation between the two of them. Just as this girl seemed to have no idea what she had been talking about, she had no idea what this 'larping' thing was. She touched her finger to her chin as she stood back in thought. "Maybe I just don't understand..." She was already starting to grow a little embarrassed. She had just exclaimed her secret aloud and in public all to someone who seemed to have no idea what it even meant in the first place. "Does the word 'scout' mean something else to you? And just what is 'larping'? I am new to this... place..." She hesitated, not wanting to reveal that she was from a whole other plane of existence. "...so I'm not really sure what all of this means to people from here, but I would love to learn more!" she tried to think for a bit on how to explain her own words in a way a human who knew nothing about celestials could understand. "I suppose I could describe my role as a sort of... soldier. Oh, but in no way would I ever resort to violence unless it is to protect the people of earth. I'm just here to keep the streets of this beautiful city safe in the name of my mother." She wasn't sure if she was volunteering too much information, so she decided to stop her explanation there. This human probably thought she was a total loon at this point.

• Senior Staff

What Alez was beginning to suspect was indeed coming to pass, that this woman was starting to think that she had run into a total loon. How on earth could she not know about the Scouts and such things from her own childhood? She did not think it would be so out of place to not know of it. When the girl did admit that she was new to this place, the woman looked upon her a bit more sympathetically. Maybe this girl was just scared out of her mind, in this place all alone? Yeah, maybe that was the case. Well, she couldn't blame this girl for not knowing certain things if she wasn't from around here. This realisation made her feel a bit bad for shouting at her and acting all grouchy just now and the guilt showed on her face. "Oh, you're not from here?" the woman asked the strange girl. " I wish I figured that out earlier instead of being all mean just now...I'm sorry. I'm just not in a good place right now." the girl said, looking rather ashamed of herself. She felt bad for being quite mean to this new person that seemed to not mean any harm. "I'm surprised someone of our age group hasn't heard of LARPing, Live Action RolePlaying. It's all the rage with some crowds in the recent years. Though that could just be with the people I used to hang with. Anyway, I'm Samantha. What's your name?"

It was then that Sam realised that the girl mentioned that she was a soldier of sorts. That...was very surprising to say the least. "Wait, you just said you're a soldier? Like military style like?" Sam said, quite shocked at this new revelation. "So you know how to fight and all that? Maybe you can help me after all..."

• Like 1

• Senior Staff

"Oh! No, no, it's fine!" Alez reassured the girl as she seemed to feel quite guilty. "Perhaps I deserve it, I really shouldn't be interacting with the people here in the first place... but I saw you in the crowd and something about the way you looked just made me feel the need to talk to you. It saddens me that the people here are so frequently upset. And the fact that it must be so normal for you only makes it worse." Alez had always believed celestials had no right to any sort of superior, entitled life to those of humans. Sure, in a past life, maybe she was a good person and deserved to be rewarded, but she had no memories of that life. This life had no control over where she was born. As far as she was concerned, she was just lucky enough to have been born into the arms of Caelisia. 

As Alez continued to listen, the girl began to explain 'larping.' She still didn't quite understand what the girl meant by 'live-action roleplaying,' but it would seem the girl wasn't interested in explaining further. Alez would just have to look into it herself later on. Perhaps the libraries in Coelis would help? It was shortly after that the girl offered her name. Alez just smiled warmly and bowed to her new acquaintance. "Hi, Samantha. My name is Alez. Perhaps I should have introduced myself first." 

It would seem that Samantha had caught an interest in her job once she mentioned that she was a soldier. When asked if she could fight, she began to respond, "W-well, not-" But she caught herself, partially to avoid talking over Samantha, but also partially because she was a little embarrassed to admit that she had been trained more to run away than to fight. What caught her own attention was when the girl suggested that she may be able to help after all. Under normal circumstances, it would be her job to send a message to Caelisia so that she could send a squadron to accomplish whatever task was at hand, but she also recalled that interfering with the affairs of humanity was heavily frowned upon. Reporting this to Mother would only guarantee this poor girl wouldn't get the help she needed. "O-of course I can fight!" She blurted out without much thought. "But if someone is giving you a rough time, I will do everything I can to resolve the situation peacefully without violence. Just let me know your problem and I will help in any way I can!"

• Senior Staff

"Deserve it? I don't think so." Samantha replied to Alez, whose name she would learn in a moment. "I shouldn't really treat anyone like that, not at the very least someone offering help." Now it was a bit odd for Sam here that Alez would be concerned about her being 'upset' given that she said it was a frequent occurrence here. Perhaps she had not been 'desensitised' to it yet, given that she did say she wasn't from around here. Then again, what kind of place was this person from if they would react like this to someone upset like her? Perhaps a WAY better place that this one, that much Sam thought. Oh well, no matter about that at the moment. She would have explained more about LARPing but she was in a bit of a hurry, as her mind kept incessantly reminding her. Yes yes, we will get to the matter in a bit. It was just a real nice change of pace for Sam that she could talk to someone and that someone would actually be interested in talking to her. If only things were better and if only she wasn't in the spot of bother she was in now. But anyway, the girl then introduced herself as Alez. Now...that was a odd name. Perhaps it was an abbreviation of another name? Or a foreign one, given the girl had said she wasn't from around here? 

"Alez? That's an unique name. Don't think I ever heard anyone called that before." Samantha said honestly. She had almost thought the girl was calling herself out as a lesbian but that totally made NO sense whatsoever....and what kind of parents would that be if they called their daughter A Les(bian) as a name?!

Seeing that Alez had responded in the positive that she could fight, after some hesitation, Samantha told Alez briefly about her situation. It was a bit of a difficult one to talk about as it involved her ex boyfriend leaving her with nothing and having to borrow money from one Mr Enron to get by, a rather shady person that she had the displeasure of meeting and knowing. It was only meant to be for a limited time but somehow, it got to the point where she was owning this man a lot of money that she couldn't easily pay back. She couldn't contact her parents either, not that she thought that they wanted anything to do with her after she left them with her ex and of course, now that her phone was in Mr Enron's hands...

"..So, you see...I need help to get this guy to give me some space. His loan agreements are really really complicated and hard to understand. They seem quite easy but they are a trap."

• Senior Staff
On 4/5/2018 at 13:49, Manni said:

"Deserve it? I don't think so." Samantha replied to Alez, whose name she would learn in a moment. "I shouldn't really treat anyone like that, not at the very least someone offering help." Now it was a bit odd for Sam here that Alez would be concerned about her being 'upset' given that she said it was a frequent occurrence here. Perhaps she had not been 'desensitised' to it yet, given that she did say she wasn't from around here. Then again, what kind of place was this person from if they would react like this to someone upset like her? Perhaps a WAY better place that this one, that much Sam thought. Oh well, no matter about that at the moment. She would have explained more about LARPing but she was in a bit of a hurry, as her mind kept incessantly reminding her. Yes yes, we will get to the matter in a bit. It was just a real nice change of pace for Sam that she could talk to someone and that someone would actually be interested in talking to her. If only things were better and if only she wasn't in the spot of bother she was in now. But anyway, the girl then introduced herself as Alez. Now...that was a odd name. Perhaps it was an abbreviation of another name? Or a foreign one, given the girl had said she wasn't from around here? 

"Alez? That's an unique name. Don't think I ever heard anyone called that before." Samantha said honestly. She had almost thought the girl was calling herself out as a lesbian but that totally made NO sense whatsoever....and what kind of parents would that be if they called their daughter A Les(bian) as a name?!

Seeing that Alez had responded in the positive that she could fight, after some hesitation, Samantha told Alez briefly about her situation. It was a bit of a difficult one to talk about as it involved her ex boyfriend leaving her with nothing and having to borrow money from one Mr Enron to get by, a rather shady person that she had the displeasure of meeting and knowing. It was only meant to be for a limited time but somehow, it got to the point where she was owning this man a lot of money that she couldn't easily pay back. She couldn't contact her parents either, not that she thought that they wanted anything to do with her after she left them with her ex and of course, now that her phone was in Mr Enron's hands...

"..So, you see...I need help to get this guy to give me some space. His loan agreements are really really complicated and hard to understand. They seem quite easy but they are a trap."

Alez nodded when Samantha responded to her name. "Perhaps, it is foreign after all." She bowed again. "But your name sounds quite pretty."

Alez did have a basic understanding of human economic systems, although the idea of currency never sat well with her. It seemed as though many mortals didn't care at all about being generous and caring for anyone who needed help, but instead were only interested in assisting those who could benefit them. It seemed like a system filled with corruption that she could only assume was the source of a lot of the toxicity among humanity. Situations like the one Samantha had just explained to her was the exact type of example that bothered her about the entire system. Back in Coelis, if anyone needed help, there was nothing requiring anyone else to assist, people would just naturally help because it was the correct thing to do. Here though, it seemed mortals weren't above demanding compensation for even the smallest of favors. Although, perhaps it was a necessity. Earth had extremely limited resources, after all. It was a sad fact, but it would eventually reach a day where there just aren't enough materials to provide a healthy way of life for every individual. Still, certainly, someone willing to put another human into such distress wasn't one who deserved so much money. 

"I'll try to talk to this man and see if I can't get your things back. Such reckless greed is a horrible sin... could you lead me to him?"

• Senior Staff

Samantha was a bit surprised to say the least that Alez wanted to 'talk' to the guy first. Perhaps she was really that new to this place because negotiating with Mr Enron was difficult to say the least. Especially if you owed them money. He was known as a hard arse at the best of times and quite stingy but at the worst of times...goodness knows. Luckily the guy was a coward at heart and if there was a show of force involved, perhaps then he would reconsider. Hopefully that was what Alez meant by 'talk'. Then again, he always had that body guard with him that she got rather weird vibes from. Couldn't tell exactly what it was with him but something about them scared the daylights out of her.

"I'm not certain talking is going to do much good in this instance." Samantha said frankly. "I hope you know what you are doing though. I will take you to where he said to meet up."

Samantha then started to walk with Alez to the meetup point where Mr Enron said he would be waiting for her and her payment. It was in a rather shady part of the city though, a place where you wouldn't want to go at night alone.

• Senior Staff

"I'm sure I can handle it. You would be surprised what I'm capable of." Alez reassured the girl who seemed to be quite skeptical. Perhaps she didn't fully understand, but one of the finest gifts humanity had been given was its sense of reason. It shouldn't be too difficult to reason with this man. There had to be some purpose to his scamming. Perhaps he himself was facing financial issues from some other source and was desperate for a solution. Perhaps she could work with him to help him better himself and his role in society. Worst case scenario, she might be placing herself in immediate danger from which she'll be forced to fight, but she couldn't imagine anything she would do to escalate the situation to such a degree. 

As the two walked to the meetup point, Alez looked around the shady street. Compared to the tall beautiful skyscrapers they had been walking past before, this area just felt... depressing. Like some sort of dead end where people were just left abandoned. The men and women that lined the streets seemed much fewer in number and they definitely appeared to be less fortunate than most. The buildings were rusted and run-down, surrounded by litter and coated with graffiti. Some of the windows were broken. It certainly wasn't a particularly pleasant place to be. 

"People don't... live in this area, do they?" She could feel the hairs stand on end from the way a crowd of men stared her down. Something about this place just felt dangerous. Knowing the suffering mortals could inflict on each other, she could only imagine how tortured many of the people in a place like this would be.

On 3/24/2018 at 11:17 PM, lVergill said:

Time: 10:18 PM (22:18)

I chuckle softly at her jokingly comment about my past's mistake which sounded like it wasn't a big deal and that made me feel a bit relaxed since her laughter at the end made me reassured of her words. A smile appears on my sad face as my eyes gleam at her cute laughter that made my heart skip a beat since I never seeing her laugh and smile like this before until now which begs the question on whether she has some feelings about me or if she could have a relationship with me but that idea was too bold. Lydia spoke about heading to bed since it was around 10: 18 PM exactly as my eyes dart to the clock to check the time and probably for the best since she worked really hard from the clues left behind in this household. Suddenly, Lydia spoke a single word that made me gasp but she quickly stops and shook her head to some sort of dodge that little mistake that I quickly caught up with it. I lean back in my chair as I began to slowly process as what she was referring to while she began doing her business before her departure to her bed and I have to know something about that little topic since this could be the chance I need to speak my mind. 

I nod to myself, "Come on Luck, you fought against God, this should be a piece of cake if you compare those two situations. Yes..." I whisper. 

I spoke to encourage myself as I slowly and quietly raise my body from the chair to look at the busy Lydia. My steps echo softly from the floor while approaching her and I look at her as I have to be sure of something before doing something that could hurt this chance. 

"Lydia, why do you say Love to me? Do you by any chance have..." I mutter.

Time: 22:20

Lydia froze when Luck asked him that question, and she could feel her cheeks going hot as she blushed furiously. Trying to buy a little time, she continued loading everything into the dish washer before she closed it up and set it off. The task allowed her time to gather herself, and she turned around and gave him a small smile,

“Slip of the tongue. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you. I don’t know why I did that. I was hoping that you didn’t notice but, clearly you did.” She said, feeling very nervous all of a sudden. She was worried that she had frightened him, and she wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to allow herself to fall for someone she had only just met. Not to mention after all of what she had heard, as well as what she had seen that had scared her witless. Was she crazy? Perhaps so. But then her mother had always told her that the heart was a fickle thing and she really had no choice over what her heart would decide, even if that person wasn’t good for her. But that wasn’t the only thing playing on her mind. Why would anyone, especially one that seemed to be as strange and as powerful as Luck, even be remotely interested in her? She had been living her life, quite contently as a University professor. Compared to most people, she was quite boring in her habits and her hobbies. Her idea of spending a fun afternoon was digging about in dirt looking for ruins, or going through pages of records for a small scrap of information. Not something that everyone would enjoy. And she highly doubted that someone like Luck would enjoy it. He would no doubt be interested in much more exciting things.

On 3/26/2018 at 6:24 AM, Shuya "Cheshire" Hideaki said:

Linus nodded at the suggestion that they check out the night life. He takes a moment to enjoy the sight of the cold display of winter. It was beautiful, and it reminded him of the many winters that they'd spent together, each seeming more and more vividly clear as he brought them up. He smiles and steps down from the porch, heading to the car. He takes the keys out of his pocket, which he'd taken off the key rack that was mounted next to the door, and presses a button, the lights on the car igniting and the sounds of locks opening filled the air.

He opens the driver side door and steps into the seat, resting his hands on the steering wheel before reaching down and pushing the keys into the ignition. He turns the key and listens to the engine purr to life. It was probably his third most favorite sound, besides screaming in second and Aelius' cute little moans in first. He smiles, just thinking of their escapades

Aelius followed his silent companion to the car, his gaze running along the street as he heard the faint thuds of the door locked opening. His eyes paused when he saw something; a cat that sat on a nearby wall, its glowing gaze locked on him. His lip twitched upwards softly, and he let out a soft hiss. The cats ears lay flat on its head, before it dropped down from the wall and ran off quickly. With a small, amused smirk, Aelius opened up the passenger side door and got inside. He closed up behind him just as Linus turned the engine on which meant that their servants had been keeping it warm for them instead of allowing it to simply degrade over time. He then pulled his seatbelt across his chest, the faint click filling the interior as the hum of the engine continued in the background.

“I wonder if there is anything new in the city centre.” Aelius mused. He wondered how things had changed since they had last been awake. By the time they had succumb to their slumber, the world had been moving at a rapid pace. So quickly that Aelius saw more changes happen in a small few years than he had in generations back in the day. He wanted to check out all of the new technology that had come out, and all the new places that they had to visit. The only downside was the fact that it was harder to hide the prey from humans, as their ability to track down killers had improved enormously. At least prey were easier to catch, because humans had come to rely more on their technology than their base instincts. It was so easy to get someone under their spell, especially by two handsome strangers like themselves.

"No clue, but I guess that we'll find out, now won't we?"

Linus looks over to Aelius with a devious grin, his eyes shining gently as he began to pull out of the driveway. He neglects to turn on the radio, and he probably wouldn't have anyway with how distasteful he found most music. He sighs softly and watches the road, the yellow, interrupted lines disappearing past the side of the car as they traveled into town. For some reason, he knew that he was going to enjoy himself, and he knew that the night would be very, very eventful.

As he pulled into the parking lot of a random night club, his eyes wondered across the many people going in and out of the building. He parks the car and cuts the engine, opening the door and watching the flowing crowd with a smile. People went in fine, and came out completely wasted. Depending on the amount of people in there, they would most likely be able to nab a few people with their charms before leaving.

"You didn't forget how to work your hypnosis, did you?"

Linus looked at Aelius with a smug smile, as in their younger years as Hagorath, both of them had had that happen to them at least once or twice. He was sure that they had mastered it, but there was always room for error

• Senior Staff
On 08/04/2018 at 15:08, Aurafox1 said:

"I'm sure I can handle it. You would be surprised what I'm capable of." Alez reassured the girl who seemed to be quite skeptical. Perhaps she didn't fully understand, but one of the finest gifts humanity had been given was its sense of reason. It shouldn't be too difficult to reason with this man. There had to be some purpose to his scamming. Perhaps he himself was facing financial issues from some other source and was desperate for a solution. Perhaps she could work with him to help him better himself and his role in society. Worst case scenario, she might be placing herself in immediate danger from which she'll be forced to fight, but she couldn't imagine anything she would do to escalate the situation to such a degree. 

As the two walked to the meetup point, Alez looked around the shady street. Compared to the tall beautiful skyscrapers they had been walking past before, this area just felt... depressing. Like some sort of dead end where people were just left abandoned. The men and women that lined the streets seemed much fewer in number and they definitely appeared to be less fortunate than most. The buildings were rusted and run-down, surrounded by litter and coated with graffiti. Some of the windows were broken. It certainly wasn't a particularly pleasant place to be. 

"People don't... live in this area, do they?" She could feel the hairs stand on end from the way a crowd of men stared her down. Something about this place just felt dangerous. Knowing the suffering mortals could inflict on each other, she could only imagine how tortured many of the people in a place like this would be.

Whether or not Alez would be able to 'reason' with Mr Enron or not remained to be seen. What the girl did not seem to know yet is that, while mortals may have reason, they are not required to use it nor does having it guarantee good and pleasant results. Well, she will learn one way or another. Anyway, as they walked towards the meeting point, things took a serious turn. Their surroundings worsened, no longer were the buildings that existed new and clean and no longer were the people dressed immaculately and looked like they had something on. The ambience was also different, it didn't feel like there was much hope here and it certainly didn't feel as upbeat and new here. An oppressive atmosphere was here, one of despair and desperation. Certainly, the buildings were old and run-down and the people were not full of hope. Yes, this was not exactly a pleasant place to be at the best of times but to live here...

"Well, yes they do." Samantha told Alez. "There is nowhere else for them to go, really."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up