Academy library.

• Community Administrator

Drake looked up a little when Julia said that she had not told them about her home place. When she described it, he frowned a little as he tried to picture it. He wasn’t sure what she meant by ‘savannah’ as it was not a term he had come across before. Her description did not make it sound all that exciting, but he was sure that there was far more to it than that. He certainly wanted to see it, but also wondered if there was a book here that would explain to him what a savannah was. He made a soft, thoughtful humming sound as he lowered his eyes back to the book once again. At Lilac’s question about a nickname, Drake replied a little absently, “I don’t have a nickname, no. But I’ll call you Li if that’s what you would prefer.” He turned a page, getting engrossed in his reading. 

Lilac smiled at the two of them, squeezing Julia's hand a bit as she bounced. "Yeah you can see my room sometime," Nodding, she tilted her head. "But it's a little unorganized right now. I seem to have a mushroom problem since it has pretty dark corners. I can't really control my powers too well so sometimes I grow them without realizing it." After a moment, Lilac released Julia's hand and went to pick up her books that she had been collecting from her list. "I'm really excited to have friends here. I was never to popular back home. My brother used to call me the little sad willow. Come to think of it, he still does... But anyway, thanks a lot for all your help today. When were you going to head to the party? I'm still invited right?"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chipda said:

Lilac smiled at the two of them, squeezing Julia's hand a bit as she bounced. "Yeah you can see my room sometime," Nodding, she tilted her head. "But it's a little unorganized right now. I seem to have a mushroom problem since it has pretty dark corners. I can't really control my powers too well so sometimes I grow them without realizing it." After a moment, Lilac released Julia's hand and went to pick up her books that she had been collecting from her list. "I'm really excited to have friends here. I was never to popular back home. My brother used to call me the little sad willow. Come to think of it, he still does... But anyway, thanks a lot for all your help today. When were you going to head to the party? I'm still invited right?"

Julia beams up happily at hearing her request was met with approval from the dryad and of course from the physical contact being returned to her."Ohhhh, no problem! No problem at all! In fact, I will even help you out! I may not look like it, but I organize my room. Of course, I don't have that many possessions, such as clothes", she tells her, not sure if she comes off as she tries to paint herself to be, but nontheless she wants to help out if she is able to. She cannot help but feel bad about Lilac not having buddies. While Julia has a fair share of them from parties, she is at least aware of to know this is too early to introduce Lilac to any of those or even if they are fitting as friends for her yet. For now, just a nice and  small outing is good."Of course! Lilac, you are my friend....I would be mad if you failed to come without a good excuse! I will pull you there myself! How about tomorrow evening?", she suggests, her tail at full vigor again, swoshing around lively."You too Drake!"

• Like 1

Drake was partly paying attention to their conversation, listening to Lilac talk about how her room wasn’t that organised. He thought to his own room, which he supposed he could consider organised. But there was barely anything to organise. All he had was a bed which, as he preferred his natural form, was nothing more than a cushion that he could curl upon. There were some clothes, as the one thing he knew about humans was their shyness when it came to nakedness. He wasn’t that bothered himself, as he was always naked in his natural form but he didn’t want to annoy the humans he wanted to get to know. Honestly, the room was pretty bland, and rather… lifeless. It was one reason he wanted to come here instead of remaining in his room. The thought crossed his mind to ask Lilac to help with adding plants, but he quickly dismissed it. He doubted he would have the courage to ask for her help. After all, he didn't want to trouble her.

He was broken from his thoughts when he heard Julia’s voice speak his name. He looked up from his book, his expression blank as it took a moment for her words to actually register. When they did, he nodded his head before asking, “What time, and where do you want to meet?”

Lilac smiled at them as she held the books to her chest, a moss beginning to creep onto their corners from here her fingers were. "It's not really disorganized with clothes or pictures or stuff like that. It's just a lot of plants... It's basically a greenhouse in there..." Shifting on her feet a bit as she bounced, she nodded at Julia, "Okay! Tomorrow sounds good." Looking over at Drake she waited for his responds before bouncing a bit faster, "That's a good question! I don't know my way around town yet, but my brother made me memorize the way to the mall so I can get to him if I need. If it's near there I can find it."

• Like 1

On 25/09/2020 at 09:01, Neptune said:

He was broken from his thoughts when he heard Julia’s voice speak his name. He looked up from his book, his expression blank as it took a moment for her words to actually register. When they did, he nodded his head before asking, “What time, and where do you want to meet?”

Julia tears her attention away from the young dryad and towards Drake once more. She has felt like he has been pretty tactful and nice during this longer gathering and looking around, which she can only hope he can maintain if he gets more used to others around him and even some larger gatherings later on. She is indeed happy that he seems good with meeting at the tavern still."Ohhh, The Golden Stream and I think around supper time. They make good food as well. We may as well get a nice meal out of it as well, right? The bartender is even an orc, so we have him on our side if anything bad should occur. Plus, I will bash in anyone who dares hurt my friends!", she says, sounding very genuine and honest.

12 hours ago, Chipda said:

Lilac smiled at them as she held the books to her chest, a moss beginning to creep onto their corners from here her fingers were. "It's not really disorganized with clothes or pictures or stuff like that. It's just a lot of plants... It's basically a greenhouse in there..." Shifting on her feet a bit as she bounced, she nodded at Julia, "Okay! Tomorrow sounds good." Looking over at Drake she waited for his responds before bouncing a bit faster, "That's a good question! I don't know my way around town yet, but my brother made me memorize the way to the mall so I can get to him if I need. If it's near there I can find it."

"Ohhh, sorry. I can help you clear it out! I would be happy to help out. Not sure how well the staff will like if their dorm rooms end up damaged from plant life, right? Ohhhh, I will be glad to..uhmm..come pick you up...and well..uhhmmm...follow you there..you too Drake", she says and smiles eagerly.

• Like 1

Drake nodded when she mentioned the Golden Stream, remembering it from their previous conversation. At the mention of a meal, his eyes lit up. He certainly hoped that they served something like steak or something just as meaty. Although, he wasn’t sure where the mall was. The only places he had been were important areas such as the reception, his room and the library. He had not gone to the local town as of yet, so he knew very little as to how to get there. Thus he felt a little relief when Julia offered to help them get there, “I would appreciate the help. I’ve never been to the mall before, so I have no idea how to get there. I might end up… getting lost.” As he admitted that, he felt his cheeks heat up with embarrassment, and decided to duck his head back towards his book to hide that fact.

"Oh that would be a big help," Lilac agreed as she tilted her head. "And you're welcome to help me with my room if you have time. I can teach you about all the different plants. Oh and Drake, if you ever get homesick, my room has plenty of plants from back in the forest. They're sure to cheer you up." She grinned as she looked over at them. It was nice to have people to talk to from the other realm. Her brother was the only one that she really knew there and he was busy with work so he couldn't look out for her. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Neptune said:

Drake nodded when she mentioned the Golden Stream, remembering it from their previous conversation. At the mention of a meal, his eyes lit up. He certainly hoped that they served something like steak or something just as meaty. Although, he wasn’t sure where the mall was. The only places he had been were important areas such as the reception, his room and the library. He had not gone to the local town as of yet, so he knew very little as to how to get there. Thus he felt a little relief when Julia offered to help them get there, “I would appreciate the help. I’ve never been to the mall before, so I have no idea how to get there. I might end up… getting lost.” As he admitted that, he felt his cheeks heat up with embarrassment, and decided to duck his head back towards his book to hide that fact.

Julia is glad he has not wandered out alone and got himself into trouble, but man there is a lot of work ahead if he or the dryad are to ever integrate into human society. Luckily, she knows a fair bit, at least from a more pragmatic approach than books and lectures. She looks at the drake with some skepticism, but tries not to make it obvious. Still, she is convinced that the more "out there" the two of those get, the easier a time they will have going forward."Since you can fly, it should be very easy to see the academy from up high, Drake. So at least you should have a simple time finding back here", the manticore comments.

11 hours ago, Chipda said:

"Oh that would be a big help," Lilac agreed as she tilted her head. "And you're welcome to help me with my room if you have time. I can teach you about all the different plants. Oh and Drake, if you ever get homesick, my room has plenty of plants from back in the forest. They're sure to cheer you up." She grinned as she looked over at them. It was nice to have people to talk to from the other realm. Her brother was the only one that she really knew there and he was busy with work so he couldn't look out for her. 

She nods eagerly and smiles for Lilac, hearing the enthusiasm in the dryad's voice."Will do! I am sure we could have a fun time with that. Do you...do you have all the books you need now then?", she replies back, looking forward to their little private tavern party and even more so towards having some more private time with the cute Lilac later on.

• Like 1

When Lilac spoke his name, Drake looked back up and smiled at her offer, “That’s appreciated, thank you.” He said, grateful for the offer. Seeing a little piece of home would be helpful for when he was stressed or feeling homesick. He nodded slightly at Julia’s comment, “Most likely.” He agreed. He hoped he wouldn’t have to resort to that, as he wanted to try to do things as human as possible, but he would resort to using his natural form. Especially if it was at night, allowing him to blend into the dark. He had spent most of his life being unseen as his natural form. Old habits were hard to break, but he was trying his best to be different than the stuffy and cautious elders. His eyes moved to the books that the Dryad had when Julia asked if she had all the books she needed from her long list, wondering the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Mira slowly entered of the library. She was fascinated with all of the books that were inside it. Inside her small little village there was not very many books and they were all hand written. These were 'printed' as the teachers put it. They talked about machines making them, which she new little about technology. She scanned the shelves looking for medical books. She needed to learn all she could about medicine, so she could bring it back to her tribe. 

Edited by SilverGirl20

Anpu stepped into the library barely a minute after the faun girl had entered, clearly in some sort of a rush, and maybe a bit more agitated than usual - although in the recent days it had started to become the usual for her. The canvas bag on her shoulder was clearly weighted down not only by her study books, but also by some vast tome resting deep within the material, but it seemed to cause no strain to the canine girl.

The sight of a blue-skinned, horned female figure @SilverGirl20, shamelessly showing off her naked form made her stop in her tracks for a second, her mouth hanging open for a moment as her eyes found themselves intensely focused on the near-hypnotic movements of the azure tail, and, more importantly, what hid underneath. Her own fluffly appendage coiled around her form, almost as if it were her who looked so indecent, and not the visitor. "First the headmistress and now..." The Anubis blushed, and, after gathering her eyes from the appetizing buttcheeks, decided to speak up to the girl, at the same time taking a few quick, flustered steps towards the librarian's desk. "I'll be with you in a moment!" she just shouted, her eyes swooping the room in search of the librarian @Thatannoyinggod.

"Master Havershan?" she asked out loud, not quite sure where to expect the man to come from. Waiting for him to answer - if he even was in the library, her focus turned towards her bag, her fingers clumsily digging out the large tome from its bottom. She let out a quiet curse in Ancient as the volume scraped against some of the remaining books, but eventually managed to bring it out, alongside a green, small-format notepad, with no title written on it, and just an illustration of two symbolic dog paws on the cover. She placed both on the front desk, and listened out for a reply, her eyes on their own venturing back towards the blue-skinned faun.

Edited by Icarian Dreams

• 2 weeks later...

Yala entered the library with her wings draped over her, heading towards the book shelf with the intent of studying her subjects.  She paid little attention to everyone around her being used to the isolation from having to study in her dorm constantly studying without the aid of administrators, with the exception of the brief moments she was able to get a cooling spell for her body. She began searching the shelves gathering up a pile of books on various subjects so she could sit down and read in peace, hoping to quietly enjoy the rare moment she could leave her dorm room, hidden under her winds was a bottle of vodka she was using to keep her composure as to avoid the irritation from any possible disturbance. 

Mira was so excited with an books that she wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings. She quickly found the medical books and plucked one from the shelf like it was fine fruit.  She opened it up and started to look at the 1st chapter. After a few moments she had a shameful look on her face. She would need a dictionary as well because there are many words that she did not understand. When learning how to read she only learned the basics of how to sound out words which meant that more complicated words she either could not sound out or did not know the meaning of it even after sounding it out.  Even though she was naked she pressed the book and a dictionary against her chest.  She walked past a few people before finding a place to sit. Her footsteps were rather loud it sounded like a horse walking on hardwood.  However she really couldn't help it because the lower part of her body looked like that of a horse or goat. 

large.Screenshot_20201007-210445_Chrome.jpg.62532a50f39eb63eb7590a3511249dfb.jpg

Edited by SilverGirl20

• 2 months later...

Veronica is spending time in the grand library, especially since the librarian position is unfullfilled  for now. So she helps out where the staff roles are not covered, the best she can. While she walks around here, inspecting various books and in general just acting as the substitute, she finds herself pretty much alone and without a whole lot to do as it was left pretty neatly lately. Thus, her work her is limited.

Though she eventually sees someone who looks a bit confused. From her knowledge it looks like a fairy of some sort. So she approaches, her high heels clanking against the marbled floor of the library."Excuse me. Can I help you miss?", she asks softly, with her trademark smirk decorating her face.
@LazarusLuna

Leandra was in her own little world to notice the owner of the academy She was currently trying to find what books they had on her race when a voice from nowhere made her jump and shriek in fright. Only when she turned to see who it was she turned bright red. It was the headmistress! She felt like shrinking into her shoes. After a short while she decided to speak up.

"Oh...sorry about that." She fidgeted with her fingers a little. "I'm just browsing a little. I'm still getting used to this place and I am beginning to doubt the wisdom of my elder...." She trailed off while nibbling her lower lip. 

The demon woman's grin grows a bit in size and intensity as the student seems to openly admit to have conducted against the Codex, though she wonders what in the world would possess her to do this. Rather than outright doing the "right thing", she intends to try and dive deeper into this - there might be some juicy gossip at least, right? She moves closer, the silence of the library only broken by her high heels on the floor."Ohhh, I can show you around you if you need it. Hmmmmm...who is this Elder of yours? What made you have such devious...thoughts about them? You know...I could technically punish you...for it", she says, her voice dripping with a lewd undertone.

'Oh crap' was the only thought that came to mind when the headmistress pointed out that she broke. She shuddered at the idea of what sort of punishments could be done since the codex was quite vague. Then again it didn't exactly help matters when it was said to her in a rather... suggestive tone that could be 

"I... I'm sorry." Leandra stuttered out. "Elder Eldion..." The forest fairy was sure that he would have sent corresponds to the headmistress. "He sent me here since no one else wanted to go." She informed her. She nibbled her lower lip and she thought how to say the rest without being rude. "Apparently I was the only one that was actually fit to come here." She sighed a little. "At first I thought it was a compliment... but I see it was just a trick."   

Leandra didn't mean her words to come across as disrespectful but it could easily be seen that way given her mood. She honestly wasn't sure what else to do there and felt lost. 

• Like 1

Veronica is not really sure who this is, but overall she is not too concerned about this as it's not going to affect her and the issue seems too small to warrant her time. However, she sees her cut to try and mess with her a bit, so why not take advantage of such a neat opportunity? She steps even closer to her, her grin widening and growing upon her face."Hmmmmmmm...is that so? Well...that sounds serious. Are you aware of the kind of trouble you may be in miss? What is your name?", she asks with a bit inquisitive tone of voice.

The forest fairy swallowed hard as Veronica closed the distance between them. She wasn't sure which direction this was going to go given that this woman was a demon and they had a certain... reputation. Then again her rather suggestive behaviour wasn't helping matters either. 

"S-sorry...I won't do it again." Leandra said with a bow. "I am just so frustrated and forgot rule two."  

Leandra wasn't sure if her apology would be enough but she could only hope it would appease the headmistress. 

• Like 1

It's been a while since Veronica has had the delight and pleasure of seeing someone being embarrased and flustered like this one. She intends to see how far she can take it without actually giving out any sort of punishment or other way of dealing with this. Instead, she wishes to further this and see how the fairy might react the more she is indirectly pushed."Ohhh? Are you saying that you are putting other matters over our dear and beloved codex?", she says, grinning wider than she has been in quite some time now. She steps even closer and keep looking the fairy in her eyes."And I wanted your name dear....are you seeking to get into....trouble with me?", she adds, giving yet more ammunition for herself.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Troy Havershan reached out instinctively to open the door to the library when he heard the all too familiar chi-clunk. His shoulders slumped, and he let out an exasperated sigh. "Not again... Hopefully the bull won't come chasing me down with those horns." He finished opening the door, carrying the knob with him. He was getting sick of his curse and couldn't wait for Anpu @Icarian Dreams to decipher that spell to make his curse inert. He made his way to his large desk, actively avoiding the computer. There were already piles of tomes for him to process and catalog.

• Woohoo 1

Mira had spent all afternoon yesterday in the library reading. She was happy that her first day of school was a success and that everyone was so accepting of her culture. In her little village, the natives didnt wear clothing. Those that did were looked down upon as if they were thieves trying to hide something. Her nakedness represented that she was trustworthy, truthful, pure, and had nothing to hide. Of course after reading a few cultural books, she understood that clothing was apart of other cultures so she did not look down on people that wore them. 

Anyways, hidden in a corner of the library, Mira had fallen asleep under one of the the tables. Her medical books were still sitting on the table. She had slept there all night without anyone noticing her yet. 

Edited by SilverGirl20

„Oh! Good morning, Master Havershan!” @Thatannoyinggod a voice of the resident Anubis resounded from behind the shelves, a pair of black-furred ears perking up above the books. The sound of a few heavy tomes being quickly (but carefully) placed down could be heard, before, after a longer second, Anpu herself emerged from the depths of the library, smiling in a weirdly nervous fashion as she stepped towards the librarian’s desk. At the sight of Troy, however, the corners of her lips rose for a moment in genuine joy. “I’m almost finished sorting section four in accordance to your instructions,” she motioned towards the area she had just came from, with the same degree of pride that always resonated in her voice when she spoke of her library-related duties. “I should be able to get it done by today evening - I’ll update the computer archives tomorrow-“ she explained, planning the motions right as she listed them. She paused for a second, suddenly remembering something.

„Oh, right: there’s also a faun sleeping under the table in section eight,” she informed, falling into thought for a few seconds longer, only to divert her gaze and coil her ears to the sides in an almost guilty manner right after said seconds passed. “…she wasn’t doing any harm, and… I didn’t have the heart to wake her up,” she explained herself.

• Love 2